Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
your families are all terrible

we develop superpowers when we're drunk, we all pile into the nearest rsl and just clean up on the pokies while screaming poo poo poo poo poo poo at each other until they call security and then we go rollicking home and brawl (but it's all in good fun)

or more often we blow all our savings but we don't remember those times, either way we end up slapping each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010
Whenever we have a family gathering I seem to get stuck sitting across from my grandma and her husband and have to spend the entire meal trying to ignore their horrendous chewing noises. And no one drinks. Yay. Every few years my uncle shows up and him and my dad fight over politics while everyone else pretends the entire conversation is not happening. Luckily he was just here this summer so we probably won't see him again for a while.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
get drunk enough everyone speaks the same language

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My mom and dad are both first generation, so I don't have a huge extended family. Both parents are awesome, and my younger brother is more or less my favorite person ever. My other brother, the one who likes jam bands, is okay but we've just never been close, it's weird

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Avshalom posted:

your families are all terrible

we develop superpowers when we're drunk, we all pile into the nearest rsl and just clean up on the pokies while screaming poo poo poo poo poo poo at each other until they call security and then we go rollicking home and brawl (but it's all in good fun)

or more often we blow all our savings but we don't remember those times, either way we end up slapping each other

yes they are can i join your family they sound way rad

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
yeah just drop by after about 9pm and hug everyone and we'll just assume you're meant to be there, a new cousin pops out of the woodwork every few weeks so we just go with it at this point

don't worry about learning any names, they're all interchangeable

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
most of the time i have to get hammered or stoned with my cousins to deal with my family. we've got a huge italian family but it gets smaller every year as a result of ridiculous fights ending up in estrangements

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
one entire side of my family was estranged before I ever really knew them.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

All of my family are recovering alcoholics, even my baby daddy's family doesn't drink alcohol. Sober holidays are pretty boring let me tell you. Honestly I'm kind of a hum bug. Going to the boyfriends' family for christmas for the first time. I don't want to for multiple reasons. I'm a very anxious and private person, so the thought of having to sleep, eat, and poop there makes me uncomfortable. Ugh, I just will trudge through it and hopefully snap out of my hum buggedness.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ngl i really enjoy pooping in other people's toilets because it feels like i'm establishing my territory

i always scrub and squirt the air freshener afterward though, i'm not some sort of monster

M42
Nov 12, 2012

life tip: light a match instead of using air freshener, it masks the smell completely, instead of laying an all too inadequate flowery perfume on top of your stank-rear end anal snake stench and creating something much worse

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
well my poop is already quite mildly scented and has a subtle - even delicate - bouquet that is all its own so i feel that to obliterate it entirely would defeat the purpose

also, upon entering someone's house, i eat one [1] item from their pantry, usually a piece of cereal or a single nut

i purchase a replacement to the best of my ability and leave it behind when i go

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I think for me it's a fear of clogging someones toilet. It's only really happened to me once in my life but it was terrible. I didn't even know the person, but I smoked hash for the first time there, and it instantly made me need to poo poo out everything. I think someone even tried to come check on me, and I had to do the feeble, "I'm ok," whilst trying to desperately unclog the toilet quietly as possible. I was really high so I was convinced everyone could hear what I was doing. Then some bitch told me I look like Alanis Morriset and I told her I wanted to kil her.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Goobish posted:

I think for me it's a fear of clogging someones toilet. It's only really happened to me once in my life but it was terrible. I didn't even know the person, but I smoked hash for the first time there, and it instantly made me need to poo poo out everything. I think someone even tried to come check on me, and I had to do the feeble, "I'm ok," whilst trying to desperately unclog the toilet quietly as possible. I was really high so I was convinced everyone could hear what I was doing. Then some bitch told me I look like Alanis Morriset and I told her I wanted to kil her.

cut a bitch for comparing you to a successful artist
seems about right

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

There's a David Sedaris essay that's all about him going to the bathroom at a dinner party, finding someone else's huge, un-flushable dump in the toilet, and panicking while trying to get rid of it so nobody would think he was the culprit. It's pretty hilarious.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Ugh I just had a wicked nasty breakup, the worst kind. The kind where they don't even tell you to your face or even in a text they're leaving, they just ignore you and you have to find out from someone else they're gone. :(

Crow Jane posted:

There's a David Sedaris essay that's all about him going to the bathroom at a dinner party, finding someone else's huge, un-flushable dump in the toilet, and panicking while trying to get rid of it so nobody would think he was the culprit. It's pretty hilarious.

When I'm in a public bathroom and there's multiple stalls, and one of them I know has a horrible biohazardous accident in/all over it, when I'm washing my hands from coming out of a clean stall I'm always afraid the next person who comes in is gonna think I left that mess :ohdear:

Goobish
May 31, 2011

VanSandman posted:

cut a bitch for comparing you to a successful artist
seems about right

I did feel bad about it later on. It was one of those things where you're really high, and you say something and it comes out in a tone that you really didn't intend. So instead of like a playful tone it was more crack head tone. But for the record I think Alanis Morriset looks kinda busted.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Suzuki Method posted:

Ugh I just had a wicked nasty breakup, the worst kind. The kind where they don't even tell you to your face or even in a text they're leaving, they just ignore you and you have to find out from someone else they're gone. :(

thats a lovely thing to do to a person and im sorry for ya but at least now you know what a gently caress they are

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Suzuki Method posted:

Yeah, people who cannot be honest and straightforward are the worst

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Everyone is telling me he's an absolute shithead for doing that to me but I still feel like garbage. We were talking absolutely normally last night and everything. The last thing he said to me was I love you and goodnight and see you tomorrow after hours of hanging out t:mad: What the gently caress.

I guess my best option is to really stick to my workout regimen and become super hot and too good for him (disclaimer: i am aware that no amount of pull-ups can take the neckbeard out of my soul)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
working out more is a good idea regardless of context but from what i can tell you're already too good for him on account of not being a gigantic shithead

he'll find an actual gigantic shithead and be so miserable

and you'll be swole

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Suzuki Method posted:

here have some baby puppies perhaps they will cheer you up

literally born today within the last three hours.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'm sorry, Suzuki Method, that sucks. Not that it matters at this point, but did he give any kind of reason?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Avshalom posted:

and you'll be swole

When I went over to my moms house for lunch on Saturday she told me my face has thinned down and I was like yeeeeeaaaa :rock:

I'm not fat (yet) but I've been really lazy the past year and a half and my thighs are all flabby and I went up like 4 pant sizes so yeah it's time to go

VanSandman posted:

here have some baby puppies perhaps they will cheer you up

literally born today within the last three hours.

:3: Aw widdow masters so cute

Crow Jane posted:

I'm sorry, Suzuki Method, that sucks. Not that it matters at this point, but did he give any kind of reason?

lol hes leaving me for his ex-girlfriend who just came out of a coma

I guess when she went into a coma it really shocked him and I felt bad for him and all but I guess that rekindled some flame or something??? anyway I'm not worth anything anymore now

it's such a soap opera and I'm so done

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
work out enough that you can suplex him and be like "YEEEEAH BIIIIIITCH" and then walk away while something explodes behind you. when the rad guitar solo starts up and you put on sunglasses, he'll know he made a mistake.

He'll know.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Women's Rights? posted:

work out enough that you can suplex him and be like "YEEEEAH BIIIIIITCH" and then walk away while something explodes behind you. when the rad guitar solo starts up and you put on sunglasses, he'll know he made a mistake.

He'll know.

do it this is a good idea

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Suzuki Method posted:

Everyone is telling me he's an absolute shithead for doing that to me but I still feel like garbage. We were talking absolutely normally last night and everything. The last thing he said to me was I love you and goodnight and see you tomorrow after hours of hanging out t:mad: What the gently caress.

I guess my best option is to really stick to my workout regimen and become super hot and too good for him (disclaimer: i am aware that no amount of pull-ups can take the neckbeard out of my soul)

I had someone do this for me, although they stretched it out over a long time.

Its the single most painful thing anyone has ever done to me, and it kind of permanently made me less trustful of people, which trust wasn't something I had a surplus of anyway.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

hes a bodybuilder so thats not going to happen

maybe I'll just hire Shine to have a swole accident happen at the gym

glowing-fish posted:

I had someone do this for me, although they stretched it out over a long time.

Its the single most painful thing anyone has ever done to me, and it kind of permanently made me less trustful of people, which trust wasn't something I had a surplus of anyway.

Well right now I'm not sad anymore, right now I'm just upset with how much of an rear end in a top hat this guy is for breaking up in that fashion. Like really? I don't even need to 'talk it out' I just wanted to hear a 'well it's over' or something jesus christ. He just blocked my number and yadda yadda and moved the gently caress on overnight without me knowing at all. I found out by accident. What a loser

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Sometimes I forget how absolutely hellish dating can be. If my boyfriend and I ever break up, I seriously think I'm just going to take up knitting, buy a sybian, and call it a day.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Suzuki Method posted:

Well right now I'm not sad anymore, right now I'm just upset with how much of an rear end in a top hat this guy is for breaking up in that fashion. Like really? I don't even need to 'talk it out' I just wanted to hear a 'well it's over' or something jesus christ. He just blocked my number and yadda yadda and moved the gently caress on overnight without me knowing at all. I found out by accident. What a loser

drat dude how long were you guys together?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

That's a really good idea and I think that should become the default e/n response to any problem

Q. Help my bf is cheating on me but I still like him?
A. take up knitting, buy a sybian, and call it a day

Q. how do i get my boss to stop pissing al over the floor
A. take up knitting, buy a sybian, and call it a day

Q. I want to gently caress my stepmom?
A. take up knitting, buy ur mom a sybian, kill yourself

Goobish posted:

drat dude how long were you guys together?

Not long enough to move in with each other so it won't be a big loss in the long run, just hurts right now. Real blow to the self esteem is all.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Suzuki Method posted:

That's a really good idea and I think that should become the default e/n response to any problem
better than "sever, work out, get therapy." :v:

but seriously getting dumped sucks. even by a lovely person in a lovely way. it still hurts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
sorry your families are terrible, mine is Lilo and Stich

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my famlies good except my grandads a horrible racist and i want to date a black girl :/

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
seriously being on the internet makes me so grateful for my family, most of the men are hopeless (except for two of the uncles, they're cool) but the women make up for it

a flock of drunken screeching violent generally-nude harpies fighting each other over scrabble and brie

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Amazing Atheist posted:

my famlies good except my grandads a horrible racist and i want to date a black girl :/

SA forums poster GRANDPAS A RACIST may be related to you

I live with my neckbeard uncles and my entire family is worse than them. Literally worse than hoarder neckbeards with actual anime wallscrolls. loolllll

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh also northern europe has the world's only domestic cheese moose

moose who make cheese

it's the world's most expensive cheese

emminou
May 25, 2006

my family is pretty cool, especially my mum's side of the family (she's one of six sisters/no brothers so i got indoctrinated into the matriarchy before i was even born :twisted: )

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

oh also northern europe has the world's only domestic cheese moose

moose who make cheese

it's the world's most expensive cheese

wanna taste that cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i live in rural georgia, so does my entire extended family, they enjoy hilarious jokes like "why don't you run over a friend of the family riding a bicycle?? BECAUSE IT'S YOUR BIKE!!"

last friday my grandmother brought up The Birth Certificate

gonna basically just stuff my face tune everybody out and leave early

• Locked thread