Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Four was judo-chopping bricks and it was awesome.

Six tried to kill Peri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Four was judo-chopping bricks and it was awesome.

Six tried to kill Peri.

I am not sure if that was Regeneration Madness or Four being Four. It seems that he is just spending the entire serial trying to piss off UNIT.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
...is that McGann in that last pic?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

...is that McGann in that last pic?

I dunno, looks distinctly Capaldi to me. Although I've read that McGann is also hiding somewhere in a fire as well in there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I dunno, looks distinctly Capaldi to me. Although I've read that McGann is also hiding somewhere in a fire as well in there.

The flame of utter boredom?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

The eternal flame of utter boredom?

That's the one!

edit: Here's a giant-sized one, the Capaldi/McGann face is between Smith and Coleman:

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That's the one!

edit: Here's a giant-sized one, the Capaldi/McGann face is between Smith and Coleman:

I noticed that as well. It reminds me of all the people with photographs of "the devil's face" in the smoke from the WTC on 9/11.

Not sure why I told you all that, but there you go.

e: wow upon closer examination there is literally an intentional face there. Curious.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Clara looks aged as well.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
That's a pretty good wig Matt Smith is rocking.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Ensign_Ricky posted:

edit: Also zooming in on the teaser image for The Time of the Doctor reveals some interesting stuff too. For instance:

2 minutes to 12. Yeah, that's not intentional.

Are...are those Silents wearing turtlenecks?

Bow Ties: Still cool.

"I SEE YOU."

Do you want to provide a link for those?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Sorry. Got TNG people confused. R names do that. And K names. Also Js, but not so bad.

Rick Berman, that no-talent hack.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So this is kinda interesting:

I loving love the phrase "regeneration madness". Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't 4 and 6 both have something of that? 10 just fell unconscious for the better part of 24 hours, and 11 just had his tastebuds go all wonky.

edit: Also zooming in on the teaser image for The Time of the Doctor reveals some interesting stuff too. For instance:

2 minutes to 12. Yeah, that's not intentional.

I saw some blog posting about this and all they said were "IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT. WHAT DOES IT MEAN. DOES MIDNIGHT MEAN SOMETHING? IS IT SIGNIFICANT?"

No I'm pretty sure that's because it'll be TWELVE o'clock.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Classtoise posted:

I saw some blog posting about this and all they said were "IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT. WHAT DOES IT MEAN. DOES MIDNIGHT MEAN SOMETHING? IS IT SIGNIFICANT?"

The Doomsday Clock is a thing as well (no it wasn't just made up for Watchmen) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

Currently at five minutes to midnight.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Classtoise posted:

Midnight is also often used as shorthand to refer to doomsday, and the time until midnight as a way to show how real poo poo is getting.

In fact that's probably more likely, because Capaldi isn't Twelve. At best he's Thirteen, but from what Moff's said more likely Fourteen.

Edit: Beaten and with links.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Probably someone in graphics just likes Iron Maiden.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Moffat seemed to indicate he's keeping the old numbering that doesn't count hurt, and remember that smith's first episode was The Eleventh Hour

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

7thBatallion posted:

Sorry. Got TNG people confused. R names do that. And K names. Also Js, but not so bad.

Rick Berman, that no-talent hack.

I would point out that even Brannon Braga wrote "Frame Of Mind", but it occurs to me that he also wrote "Threshold".

Carry on!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rita Repulsa posted:

Moffat seemed to indicate he's keeping the old numbering that doesn't count hurt, and remember that smith's first episode was The Eleventh Hour

My view on it is that Matt Smith is playing the 13th "body" (1-8, War, 9, 10, spare 10, 11), but from the point of view of those episodes in particular he's the 11th Doctor. 1-11, no War and the burnt off regeneration that 10 used didn't result in a new face. Its not the most elegant solution, but it would let them address the regen-limit now rather than later.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From the official Who facebook page:

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

My body is ready.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So it would seem they have a costume. :dance:

Looks like a fairly modern cut suit.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I don't want [him] to go :(

Pretty conventional duds, Capaldi. But I think I'm ok with that.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Well, I guess the next season is definitely a hunt for Gallifrey.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

It's his bollocking suit.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like something a gameshow presenter would wear.

Hopefully it works better in motion/with whatever eccentricities are included on the front.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It looks like Capaldi will keeping the same console room for a little bit. I like that, I feel like we barely got to know the current one.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Just read the big spoiler and drat, that sounds like utter poo poo. Hopefully that was just some nerd taking a wild stab in the dark based on stuff the BBC released. At least if it is true, it sounds like all the loose plot-ends are going to be dealt with, so we won't have to worry about Capaldi dealing with them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

It looks like Capaldi will keeping the same console room for a little bit. I like that, I feel like we barely got to know the current one.

Tennant kept the coral design as well and the current one is partly in response to how hard the previous one made filming. I could see the BBC sticking with it for a while.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I have not seen this anywhere on the FB page. It's probably fan made.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The_Doctor posted:

gently caress yeah. Let's go find us a planet!

Am I the only one that is super pumped that GMS is kind of undoing all the stuff RTD did? I mean, I gotta give the biggest props to RTD for bringing Doctor Who back, but I feel like through his run he shut a lot of doors. I feel like GMS is going through and reopening these doors and the story potential within.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
To be fair to RTD a lot of his decisions actually made for a great background mythos at the time. Moffat's reopening old doors for the sake of storytelling since he sees potential in it.

It's actually all very clever: RTD introduces the time war and other concepts so the new series has a clean break for new viewers and Moffat slowly reintroduces the old ideas in ways that the new audience can get on board with.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Astroman posted:

I don't think thats it. I read an interview with Moffat from a few days ago where he said that the costume is always the final thing they get around to doing before filming, always in a rush. He said that they didn't have one yet.

Obviously the Moffat lies, but that picture looks like he is wearing Malcolm Tuckers usual grey suit, which isn't something that they probably want to consciously associate with the new doctor.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

To be fair to RTD a lot of his decisions actually made for a great background mythos at the time. Moffat's reopening old doors for the sake of storytelling since he sees potential in it.

It's actually all very clever: RTD introduces the time war and other concepts so the new series has a clean break for new viewers and Moffat slowly reintroduces the old ideas in ways that the new audience can get on board with.

I hope next season ends with him restoring Galifrey and the next season starts with him running away again after realizing they are a bunch of boring dicks.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Agreed, but only after we get to see some of it for goodness sake. Put a little of that Time Lord grandeur on display as a payoff, then reintroduce the modern audience to that which their elders already know: Time Lords who aren't balls crazy are the crotchetiest old-man-species in the universe.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Fungah! posted:

Just read the big spoiler and drat, that sounds like utter poo poo. Hopefully that was just some nerd taking a wild stab in the dark based on stuff the BBC released. At least if it is true, it sounds like all the loose plot-ends are going to be dealt with, so we won't have to worry about Capaldi dealing with them.

Harriet Jones is the red dalek

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sorry, I was unknowingly lied to, and that is fan art. Very good fan art, but still.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

The_Doctor posted:

Sorry, I was unknowingly lied to, and that is fan art. Very good fan art, but still.

Don't worry, I found a 12th Doctor fridge magnet on eBay with Capaldi's real costume:

I can't believe they had the budget to film in grandma's backyard!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Forktoss posted:

I can't believe they had the budget to film in grandma's backyard!

They're just going back to the shows roots, quarries and all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They're just going back to the shows roots, quarries and all.

I demand more filming at quarries. They also need to bring back Andy Capp looking fellas and chases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like something a gameshow presenter would wear.

Hopefully it works better in motion/with whatever eccentricities are included on the front.

I noticed the pants were a little flared.

What if it's a 70s style Ron Burgandy suit? :D

• Locked thread