Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

onemanlan posted:

I recall in MW2 you could ruin a team or FFA on Favala while using Commando pro + Extreme conditioning Pro + Tactical knife on any pistol. All you had to do was path around the map and chase people through buildings or get at them while they're aiming off. Get to the top of a building - look for victims - jump from any height and proceed to destroy them. The lunge from commando plus the quickness of the tactical knife made it a stupid quick instakill combo which when combined with Favala's tight corners made it ruinous. Pepper in rewarads like UAV and other tracking allowed it to be that much more deadly. The amount of rage chat I experienced during those times kept it alive toward the end of that game for me.

Conversely, I once played against an entire team of six doing this very thing on Favela. I switched to my shotgun class and swatted so many leaping knifers out of the air just like I was shooting trap. Their rage over the death mics was something to behold.

It's not much of a grief really, since just dying tends to massively piss people off in any CoD game, but I enjoyed it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Ezzer posted:

So uh..... Why would you wanna castrate yourself in a video game, exactly? :v:
I just assumed that it would redirect your sexual strength into physical strength, forcing macho min/maxers to choose between ultimate power and balls.

Which, for most of them, would be a tougher moral choice than any game has presented thus far.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Arrath posted:

Conversely, I once played against an entire team of six doing this very thing on Favela. I switched to my shotgun class and swatted so many leaping knifers out of the air just like I was shooting trap. Their rage over the death mics was something to behold.

It's not much of a grief really, since just dying tends to massively piss people off in any CoD game, but I enjoyed it. :v:

I'm just imagining you killing someone and calling 'PULL!' as a joke just before another leaps out to get blown away.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ezzer posted:

If you get a hold of this one martial arts book or something then you can read it to gain ultimate power in exchange for your balls.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dauntasa posted:

If you get a hold of this one martial arts book or something then you can read it to gain ultimate power in exchange for your balls.

What if you play as a woman

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Ezzer posted:

Because in Wuxia China castration relates to political power because back in the day that was an actual thing.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Ezzer posted:

Historically, it was the fast track to a high position in government. In game, it gives you a new kung fu.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ezzer posted:

Maybe this video will answer your questions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H3NUfBM9SM

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 27, 2013

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

onemanlan posted:

I recall in MW2 you could ruin a team or FFA on Favala while using Commando pro + Extreme conditioning Pro + Tactical knife on any pistol. All you had to do was path around the map and chase people through buildings or get at them while they're aiming off. Get to the top of a building - look for victims - jump from any height and proceed to destroy them. The lunge from commando plus the quickness of the tactical knife made it a stupid quick instakill combo which when combined with Favala's tight corners made it ruinous. Pepper in rewarads like UAV and other tracking allowed it to be that much more deadly. The amount of rage chat I experienced during those times kept it alive toward the end of that game for me.

I actually liked it better without the tac knife pistol. I don't remember the specifics, but I know you got a bigger lag teleport with a regular commando knife as a result of the slower animation so people would get even more pissed at the insane teleports commando made you did. Plus it let you keep a shotgun or an SMG as your equipped weapon so you can shoot people to death in case of medium range emergencies.

Granted, people in MW2 got mad at every single gimmick build you could think up with, and of course a gimmick build was anything that wasn't an assault rifle or sniper rifle. I had nothing but gimmick builds.

SynthOrange posted:

:stare:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

VanSandman posted:

In Chinagame all citizens have a magical set of balls!

They're equal opportunity for ball chopping.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Then you can't become a eunuch. Ball-less men only.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does lock off the Wushu Pope class?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Age of Wushu: Smash up the wedding, castrate the groom.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

VanSandman posted:

Isn't this the same game that lets female characters get sold off or something? It sounds similar.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

dogstile posted:

Isn't this the same game that lets female characters get sold off or something? It sounds similar.

Anyone idling can be sold into slavery I think

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah. All gender affects is it restricts who buys slaves. Mines dont want females, brothels do. :v: Of course goons just sell each other into slavery all the time for laughs.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I just want to remind everyone that commercials for Age of Wushu aired on Nickelodeon. :mmmhmm:

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Bouchacha posted:

This is probably Chargglez (Esteban)'s best, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-aWX24809E

i'm sure this is probably old as hell but i still can't breathe when i'm watching it, holy gently caress

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah. All gender affects is it restricts who buys slaves. Mines dont want females, brothels do. :v: Of course goons just sell each other into slavery all the time for laughs.

Nevermind I'll just ask the wushu thread.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Pen and Paper D&D Grief:

So if you've played D&D, you may have heard of the Hand of Vecna.

The Hand is the actual severed left hand of the ancient Lich, Vecna. It's all blackened and charred, but it's actually a very powerful magical artifact. If a player chooses to cut off their left hand, and attach the HoV to the stump, the hand fuses to the player, and they can use it like their own hand, and they also gain all sorts of awesome magical abilities. Pretty cool, right? Vecna's Eye is another artifact that's leftover from the dead Lich, and Vecna's Robe shows up in one of the Baldur's Gate games. Needless to say, anything Vecna-related is going to be a good thing to get your hands on.

Here's a story about the Head of Vecna, and how it caused a fair bit of chaos.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
All being in slavery does is keep you from working some offline jobs which sometimes make you a little in-game money. You can pay the useless funny money that everyone has way too much of to get rid of it.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

SynthOrange posted:

:stonk: Hoookay then. Guess it's really popular with the RP'ers.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Surprisingly Wushu does not appear to have that much of an RP crowd. Oh sure, people will yammer on about "honor" and demand duels and such, but that's the extent of it as far as I've seen.

Except for Emei chat. Emei chat is terrible.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Tarezax posted:

Surprisingly Wushu does not appear to have that much of an RP crowd. Oh sure, people will yammer on about "honor" and demand duels and such, but that's the extent of it as far as I've seen.

Except for Emei chat. Emei chat is terrible.

Is Emei chat still stormfront.txt?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, Emei are pretty much literal nazis.

EDIT: Not in the game lore, just the players.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Care to expand on that?
Are they the vietnamese racists?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Care to expand on that?
Are they the vietnamese racists?

They're creepy white dude weebs who play the all girl school so they can rp being sexy asian lesbians, and they're just as terrible as you would expect from people who do that.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Bouchacha posted:

This is probably Chargglez (Esteban)'s best, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-aWX24809E

I actually had to pause the video from laughing so hard at "It means you finna eat some ice cream, y'feel me?"

And I laughed myself into a coughing fit typing it.

EDIT: Dear God, I couldn't do it. I couldn't get past throwing the pussy ball in the air without choking on my own laughter. I want to take that guy out for a beer.

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 28, 2013

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Correct me if i'm wrong but the ability to castrate other players is contingent on you yourself already being castrated, which should answer any question anyone has about why you'd want to do it.

The Zombie Guy posted:

Pen and Paper D&D Grief:

The Hand is the actual severed left hand of the ancient Lich, Vecna. It's all blackened and charred, but it's actually a very powerful magical artifact. If a player chooses to cut off their left hand, and attach the HoV to the stump, the hand fuses to the player, and they can use it like their own hand, and they also gain all sorts of awesome magical abilities. Pretty cool, right? Vecna's Eye is another artifact that's leftover from the dead Lich, and Vecna's Robe shows up in one of the Baldur's Gate games. Needless to say, anything Vecna-related is going to be a good thing to get your hands on.

Pretty much all Vecna related artifacts automatically make you evil (alignment is dumb) so anybody who falls for the Head of Vecna is not only dumb, but also a powergaming rear end in a top hat who totally deserves it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The Zombie Guy posted:

Pen and Paper D&D Grief:

I don't really play D&D so I don't really get this. How did one member of the group go off by himself and do this without anyone else knowing? Aren't they all playing together?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really play D&D so I don't really get this. How did one member of the group go off by himself and do this without anyone else knowing? Aren't they all playing together?

Every version of the story doesn't really go into the details. They're probably playing in person (Judging by the GM trying not to laugh) so the Druid's player probably passed a note or told the GM about wanting to do something on their own and then did a private session at some point.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
^^^ To add on to this, it's likely that this occured over several sessions. Group one and two may have never met and it might have been set up in such a way that they wouldn't meet out of game until they actually met in-game.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It's not uncommon for players to pass notes amongst themselves or between the GM (or text, or use some other means of communication) to do stuff between themselves or without anyone's knowing. Though it's possible that the Druid's player is good enough to not let his OOC knowledge compromise his in character knowledge, though I'm certain he might've stopped short of cutting off his own head, and instead just brought it to the group in that case.

Depending on the group, they may have done this out of a normal session without the druid being present.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

onemanlan posted:

I will never understand how CoD is so popular with such bad game design.

Instant kill knives that everybody has. Seems like a good idea!
Even sillier:

Lets give the players who are already winning abilities which make it easier to win! That's genius!

The ultimate CoD griefers are the devs.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Splode posted:

I will never understand how CoD is so popular with such bad game design.

Instant kill knives that everybody has. Seems like a good idea!
Even sillier:

Lets give the players who are already winning abilities which make it easier to win! That's genius!

The ultimate CoD griefers are the devs.

Actually MW2 had death streaks that were loving annoying to everyone else. The only winning abilities you got were in the forms of perks. And most of the starting perks were the best ones anyways.

Also, knives are insta kill in Battlefield as well so...

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
If you can get that close in a game about long range weaponry I feel like you should be rewarded.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
MW is 'narrow enclosed urban fighting: the game' and has a game mechanic where knifing someone kills their progress and potentially the round's progress as well.
Battlefield is 'holy poo poo guns tanks planes and helicopters exploding everywhere' and has no such progress-killing mechanic.
One is great for griefing. The other is more fun to play.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doesn't CoD have autoaim anyway?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Just wanted to thank whoever introduced me to the knifing / gun game grief a couple pages back. There are loads of youtube vids and they're all fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
With all these crazy CoD super-knife-jump builds, I can't help but think the developers wanted to make an anime ninja game, and disguised it as soldiers to sell more copies.

• Locked thread