Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Well now I feel like I'll be unfairly victimized if I say.

It's okay, I'm not mad at you.

Always liked this poster for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

scary ghost dog posted:

Well now I feel like I'll be unfairly victimized if I say.

It'd be like leaving a bar in the rough part of town at two in the morning wearing a miniskirt and a bathing suit top and not having mace, a taser or a gun eh?

(he actually said that before)

Also I like that poster.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It'd be like leaving a bar in the rough part of town at two in the morning wearing a miniskirt and a bathing suit top and not having mace, a taser or a gun eh?

(he actually said that before)

Also I like that poster.

Nah it's more like leaving my phone number at the bar i just started a fight in.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Here's some space opera for you!

Perry Rhodan looks like he just wants to know where the space-bar is so he can have a space-beer and forget about work for a while.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Sometimes you have to eat.

If that's not being a pussy, I don't know what is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If that's not being a pussy, I don't know what is.

That's "You are what you eat", isn't it?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

You act like other industries don't constantly pull this same horseshit all the time.

I worked in the animation industry, and yeah, pretty much every company we got contract work from was looking for any excuse to not pay us, while simultaneously looking for any reason to levy fines against us.

"We wanted this work submitted by 10am Tuesday! The work just came in and it's now 10:05am, that'll be a $10,000 penalty charge."

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
That's really loving sad. Well someone already edited in to Wikipedia. I hope he gets something out of his hard work. I enjoyed his other posters a lot more than the one they advertise. The only thing I'd change about his original poster is making it a bit lighter.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

It's pretty pathetic when an agency doing work for major Hollywood movies won't even pay artists a fair amount for their work.

Sorry for offtopic post, but I recognize the character in your avatar but I have no idea from where and it's annoying me a lot.
Who's that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Sorry for offtopic post, but I recognize the character in your avatar but I have no idea from where and it's annoying me a lot.
Who's that?

Looks like Karl Pilkington

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
First thing I did, googled "Derek" thinking it was him, but when I saw that Derek looked nothing alike I was like "Huh, guess it's not from that show".
BTW, you're right, thanks much

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

ArfJason posted:

First thing I did, googled "Derek" thinking it was him, but when I saw that Derek looked nothing alike I was like "Huh, guess it's not from that show".
BTW, you're right, thanks much
Karl is a supporting actor on the show, he doesnt normally look that way.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah, I always forget he's no the main character. And yeah, I know he doesn't look like that cause, well, he doesn't look like that normally.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Great poster and I think it's been mentioned before that it might have been inspired by this one:

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

westborn posted:

Great poster and I think it's been mentioned before that it might have been inspired by this one:

For all the powerful imagery in that movie, that's a pretty tame poster.

The DVD cover is ugly but it gets the point across.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

joedevola posted:

That Come and See poster encapsulates the mood of the movie way more than some washed out Photoshop (look at the shoes of the guy on the left!) with text shat all over it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ah, yes, good old soviet.ttf rears its head again there.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Ah, yes, good old soviet.ttf rears its head again there.

Ahem, that's Kremlin.ttf, thank you very much. :colbert:

Edit: maybe. It shares some similarities with Kremlin, but the rounded S and the A is more triangular than the A in Kremlin.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

joedevola posted:

Eh. Shocking imagery isn't necessarily the most powerful imagery, or appropriate imagery. The original poster encapsulates the entire movie's mood and premise a lot better than the DVD cover.

e: beaten using literally the same words

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 28, 2013

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

westborn posted:

What is the poster anyway? It shows up as nothing on mine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

What is the poster anyway? It shows up as nothing on mine.

http://www.allposters.ie/-st/Come-and-See-posters_c45372_.htm

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well uh this is Spike Lee's response to the that poster situation and his response is basically "I don't care it's not my problem"

https://twitter.com/SpikeLee/status/406084275969085440

quote:

I Never Heard Of This Guy Juan Luis Garcia,If He Has A Beef It's Not With Me.I Did Not Hire Him,Do Not Know Him.Cheap Trick Writing To Me.YO

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well I'll be, Spike Lee is a douche.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The reviews of Oldboy sound like that's his opinion of the movie too.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Stare-Out posted:

He always has been, he's just being public with it these days.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dang, gently caress you, Spike.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Stare-Out posted:

At one point he was going to sue "Spike TV" for obvious reasons, so this isn't a surprise.

What makes it surprising is Spike's non-reaction. He's not outright saying, "I know who did the posters, this guy is lying" but more, "I don't know what he's talking about so... not my problem." There's of course a chance he could be lying for promotional purposes, but if that comes out he would be blacklisted indefinitely, so for now I'm sticking with his story.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 28, 2013

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's pretty much "gently caress you, got mine."

I hope nobody goes to see the remake.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The tweet wouldn't even be that bad without the last sentence.

Cheap trick notifying the project's leader about the fraud, yo.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Codependent Poster posted:

It's pretty much "gently caress you, got mine."

I hope nobody goes to see the remake.

Yeah, now I'm definitely not going to. What reviews I've heard haven't been good, and I'm just fine sticking with the original. When Spike speaks out about artistic integrity, I'll have to remind myself that he's only talking about his own art, screw everyone else

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The tweet wouldn't even be that bad without the last sentence.

Cheap trick notifying the project's leader about the fraud, yo.

I bet he takes all credit for every commercial and artistic success, though.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yeah, now I'm definitely not going to. What reviews I've heard haven't been good, and I'm just fine sticking with the original. When Spike speaks out about artistic integrity, I'll have to remind myself that he's only talking about his own art, screw everyone else

I was planning on seeing it this weekend but now I don't think I will. gently caress that prick.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
God. And Do The Right Thing was one of my favorite movies. Kind of undermines the premise when the hero who wasn't afraid to start a goddamn riot now just brushes off a dude who comes to him with a problem with something of his.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Redeye Flight posted:

God. And Do The Right Thing was one of my favorite movies. Kind of undermines the premise when the hero who wasn't afraid to start a goddamn riot now just brushes off a dude who comes to him with a problem with something of his.

Guess this is one of those times where you'll have to separate the art and the man. Although considering how political Spike's flicks (and that one in particular) are, I can understand why that would be hard.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Guess this is one of those times where you'll have to separate the art and the man. Although considering how political Spike's flicks (and that one in particular) are, I can understand why that would be hard.

It's probably more that Lee has forgotten his roots. He's been separated from nearly 25 years from the last time he's really struggled to make something. That's a long enough time to become insulated from the realities of starting off in the business he's in. He's no longer the provocateur indie filmmaker, he's now the Man.

Maybe Spike Lee needs to stop watching Knicks games from courtside and go sit in the nosebleeds once in awhile.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

I meant the one ravenkult posted:

ravenkult posted:

It's okay, I'm not mad at you.

Always liked this poster for some reason.

The tinypic image isn't showing up for me. Says it's a 1x1 image or some weird poo poo.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Lee's twitter is full of people calling him out in mostly constructive and reasonable ways. Hopefully he gets the message, though I wouldn't be surprised if he just doubles down and makes it worse.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

Lee's twitter is full of people calling him out in mostly constructive and reasonable ways. Hopefully he gets the message, though I wouldn't be surprised if he just doubles down and makes it worse.

I'll side with "worse". I've stood by Lee through some of his missteps, but I think this is the final straw, because the guy should know better. I'll hope that Lee's perceived enemies (like Tarantino and Eastwood) will play the bigger men and hire the guy to do something.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's copping it pretty hard on Facebook too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Young Freud posted:

I'll side with "worse". I've stood by Lee through some of his missteps, but I think this is the final straw, because the guy should know better. I'll hope that Lee's perceived enemies (like Tarantino and Eastwood) will play the bigger men and hire the guy to do something.

It really sounds like he didn't take the time to actually read it. That's the most charitable scenario I can think of.