Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I ordered so much stuff guys.

I have no idea what is wave 1/2 though. Are the faction boosters 1 or 2?

Edit: Daedleh I was gonna ask you loads of questions about the open day but I went on the official forums and it turns out you already answered them in their thread.

Phoon fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Faction boosters are wave 1, except for the Forgefathers/Space Elves.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I'm sure you'll all have seen it by now, but there's a KS update for Deadzone, most importantly, what's shipping in wave 1:

quote:

The following items will be released in the first package:

Deadzone Boxed Game, including all of the counters and cards you need to play.
Faction Starters – Enforcers, Plague, Rebs, Marauders
Faction Boosters – Plague, Rebs, Marauders
Faction Booster Bundles – Plague, Rebs, Marauders
All individual models in the above sets
8 Plastic Mercenaries – The Survivor, Recon Unit N32-19, Blaine, Nastanza, Wrath, Doctor Simmonds, Freya, and Oberon
2 Premium hand-cast metal Mercenaries – Helfather and Chovar
Random DreadBall MVP
Warpath Heroes – Enforcer Captain, Forge Father Huscarl, Forge Father Thorgarim Hero and Marauder Warlord
Scenery – Core Worlds, Fortifications, Landing Pad, Accessories and Connectors
Antenociti’s Workshop Urban Detailing Bundles
Gaming Mats Rulebooks
Faction Dice
Acrylic Counters (If you've ordered these you will be getting both the Standard and Plague pack)
Resin Equipment Crates
Battle Foam (may ship separately)
Bags
T-Shirts
Patches
Paint Sets

Desperately trying to remember what of the terrain packs I ordered as extra, pretty sure it was fortifications. Oh well, not long to find out :) Suppose I better warn the wife to expect a big package in the coming weeks. Ooh er missus.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Ladies, Gents... just received an email:

quote:

This message was sent to you at the request of MANTIC ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED T/AS M to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact MANTIC ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED T/AS M directly.

Scheduled Delivery: 28-November-2013

:allears:

Tomorrow just got a whole lot more fun if that scheduled delivery date is at all accurate. In a perfect world, it wouldn't be, I have some freelance work to squeeze in tonight and tomorrow night, so it'll be sat there taunting me the whole time if it's on time :(

Curses.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

enri posted:

Ladies, Gents... just received an email:

:allears:

Tomorrow just got a whole lot more fun if that scheduled delivery date is at all accurate. In a perfect world, it wouldn't be, I have some freelance work to squeeze in tonight and tomorrow night, so it'll be sat there taunting me the whole time if it's on time :(

Curses.

It can't be Deadzone, they just said in the KS comments they haven't started shipping yet (except the retail boxes, which already left I think) and they'd let us know when they started leaving.

Did you order anything else from Mantic, one of their Xmas boxes maybe?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I've just got a shipping notification as well, and the only other Mantic stuff outstanding is the Mars Attacks Kickstarter. It's an 11.8kg package, so that sounds like my Deadzone stuff.

I'll have a bunch of spare unique characters if people are interested.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

It can't be Deadzone, they just said in the KS comments they haven't started shipping yet (except the retail boxes, which already left I think) and they'd let us know when they started leaving.

Did you order anything else from Mantic, one of their Xmas boxes maybe?

Nope, nothing - deadzone is the only thing I've got in the queue to come from Mantic

also..

quote:

Number of Packages: 1
Weight: 5,6 KGS

5.6kg is going to be a fairly hefty package.

The only other possibility I can think of is that they've got someone on label printing duties to get ahead of themselves wherever they can and you're right, that it isn't shipping yet :)

Actually that sounds fairly reasonable explanation (reading through KS comments too)

drat :D Oh well, I'm happy to keep waiting

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yup, I know a few people who ordered Deadzone who have all got shipping reports.

IT'S ON

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I didn't get a shipping notice, I want a shipping notice :(

So is anyone else planning to dump their entire order on ebay and never speak of it again, even while burning the office down, because Mantic betrayed the gods themselves by making the Helfather and Chovar Psychic out of metal? (This Dakka place is hilarious sometimes)

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Got my shipping notification too. Only 3.7 Kg for mine, but I've only got the basic box coming. How much did you guys order?

This kind of makes it look like it's definitely just someone being a bit keen with the labels:

quote:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

If you guys really get your packages before I travel for 2 hrs (each way) to pick up mine I shall not be pleased.

I will be forced to spend extra money at the open day to make it more worth the journey

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but that's because I'm always last on Mantic's list (I usually get my Dreadball stuff about a month after everyone else). :smith:

EDIT:
Actually, I never get shipping notices. :smith:

VoodooXT fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 27, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Are you guys in Europe?

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

moths posted:

Are you guys in Europe?

Most people reporting shipping notices have confirmed with me that they are Brits. Haven't heard of an American or other European gamer getting a notice (to say nothing for the poor Aussies.)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Feeple posted:

Most people reporting shipping notices have confirmed with me that they are Brits. Haven't heard of an American or other European gamer getting a notice (to say nothing for the poor Aussies.)

Yep, UK here too. It might just be a happy coincidence of using UPS for mainland shipments, whoever they use for international stuff may just simply not have an email notification of shipping labels being created.

Either way, it's oh so very close now. Wife has been forewarned so if it does turn up tomorrow, happy days.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
UK here too, and the tracking thing has updated. Says it's in the system and on schedule to arrive on time, so tomorrow is looking likely after all.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So much for them doing it in reverse order of distance so that people in the uncharted territories Africa, the disputed regions South America, and the forbidden zone Australia get them on time :mad:

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

So much for them doing it in reverse order of distance so that people in the uncharted territories Africa, the disputed regions South America, and the forbidden zone Australia get them on time :mad:

To be fair, we are not sure if Mantic is purposely treating their countrymen better or if it's UPS.

A weak argument, but just trying to be kind.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I read something about it being people who paid for the courier option going first, and something about a falling out with the increasingly pathetic (2kg absolute limit so my UK friend is having to send me a codex+iyanden and some eldars via courier because it's cheaper than 2kg + 1.1kg RM boxes (and yet still cheaper in total than local GW prices :v:), the 4 paint pot limit fiasco) Royal Mail.

Yes, Royal Mail will no longer ship any package over 2kg with the exception of documents and papers, and will tell you to use a courier instead. Considering the weight of everyone's boxes, I think we'll all be getting them by courier no matter what we paid for originally.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 28, 2013

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

NTRabbit posted:

I'm afraid this was speculation turned "fact". Mantic did this on previous kickstarters but didn't confirm they would for DZ. Quote: "We're doing the easy ones first - non EU ones needs customs paperwork that we haven't sorted yet."

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Daedleh posted:

I'm afraid this was speculation turned "fact". Mantic did this on previous kickstarters but didn't confirm they would for DZ. Quote: "We're doing the easy ones first - non EU ones needs customs paperwork that we haven't sorted yet."

Daedleh do you know what you're going to be demoing on saturday? I'm thinking of trying out dwarf king's hold, deadzone/mars attacks (if possible) and maybe loka.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

gently caress yea, I'm an easy one :smug:

Mine's not updated since yesterday, still awaiting collection by the looks of it but I can wait.. really, I can wait :ohdear:

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Phoon posted:

Daedleh do you know what you're going to be demoing on saturday? I'm thinking of trying out dwarf king's hold, deadzone/mars attacks (if possible) and maybe loka.

I'm going to be running a Kings of War game :) Just about to get started on some cheat sheets for it.

Deadzone is going to be all over the place and I'd be very surprised if Mars Attacks and Loka weren't about too. Dwarf Kings Hold is the only one I'm not too sure about...

Also:

Daedleh fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 28, 2013

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

^^^ thats great.

So did anyone get their package yet? Please take pictures so we can live vicariously through you.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NOt here yet, but they just put up a youtubr of Ronnie unboxing the average brown postal box worth of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvtWSclXVc

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I just opened up my Loka package and I'm surprisingly happy with the game. The pieces look great.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I have my deadzone stuff it is somewhat overwhelming

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
So I just ordered the Mantic Christmas Crazy Box. Anyone ordered one of these before? How was your experience? I'm sure I'll find a use for whatever I get, I'm just curious as to what the average amount of stuff you get in it. I'd imagine quite a lot of random-rear end crap.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I bought one last year. For £25, I got a forge fathers quad cannon thing, a marauders trike, three sprues of marauders, two of elves, one of forge fathers, a dwarf cannon, a sprue or two of undead, two of goblins and probably a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten about by now. Quite a lot of stuff really.

I'll be buying another one this year too.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Got home finally after an insane day. Playing a non-stop Kings of War game for 6 hours really knackers you! Thanks for joining in Phoon :) (I think it was you).

Annoyingly I didn't get to take my full DZ pledge home because I was going to get the train, took one look at the box and just said NOPE. Then I got offered a lift afterwards so could have taken it home in the end. OH WELL. I did get to rummage through the box and grab a bunch of stuff anyway.

I sadly didn't get to see all the new minis on show or go to one of the seminars. Did anyone hear anything about the upcoming Dwarf/Abyssal Dwarf army book?

On the crazy bag talk, here's what I got 2 years ago before the restics stuff really started to come in:

That was 142 miniatures in there with a variety of Orc, Dwarf, Undead and Elf sprues. The bad thing was that it showed me that the elf minis were actually quite nice... so come the January sale I stocked up on them. And they're all still sat on the sprues.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Does it actually come with a Mantic messenger bag?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Not any more :( I don't think you can get the bags at all now.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Wow, I got a free upgrade to international 2 day FedEx shipping for Deadzone. Should be here in Miami Tuesday.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

The bag was the best part of the deal for me, I use it for everything.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It was me at the open day I think I have pretty much all the undead and ogre unit stats memorised now.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the mercenary stats?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just in case you deadzone guys have any shipment problems, all of my dreadball wave 3 stuff went missing in the mail and it's only taken a couple of emails to get everything sorted and a new box sent my way.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Looks like I got my first shipping notice (and tracking number) from Mantic, though the delivery date (tomorrow) seems a little too optimistic.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

VoodooXT posted:

Looks like I got my first shipping notice (and tracking number) from Mantic, though the delivery date (tomorrow) seems a little too optimistic.

It seems fedex generates a tracking # based on when mantic preps your shipping label, not when it's out the door. Trust no dates until fedex's tracker says something like in tranist.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
So I'm a huge boardgame nooblord who's just heard of Mantic Games - are these guys disgruntled ex-GWers making trimmed-down versions of GW games that don't require such a colossal time / money / learning investment? It looks like every game in their current lineup has a GW equivalent and I'm wondering how they got so established without my hearing about them earlier. This stuff looks pretty slick, I never got to play Necromunda the first time round either :<

edit - Designed by Jake Thornton? I remember that guy from White Dwarf, like decades ago. Huh.

immortal flow fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

immortal flow posted:

So I'm a huge boardgame nooblord who's just heard of Mantic Games - are these guys disgruntled ex-GWers making trimmed-down versions of GW games that don't require such a colossal time / money / learning investment? It looks like every game in their current lineup has a GW equivalent and I'm wondering how they got so established without my hearing about them earlier. This stuff looks pretty slick, I never got to play Necromunda the first time round either :<

edit - Designed by Jake Thornton? I remember that guy from White Dwarf, like decades ago. Huh.

I'm still fairly new to them as well, but pretty sure they started as a successful "proxy WHFB for a fraction of the price" company who have moved onwards and upwards from there, due in large part to Kickstarter. So yeah, while all of their projects have had GW equivalents, they announced at their open day they plan to say gently caress GW and forge on out on their own to create things that compete with and beat GW in the marketplace, rather than ride on their coattails. Someone who knows rules better than I do could tell you how they're going with that, but Deadzone rules look fun and pretty easy.

They're not without issue, mostly over QC, but they're getting better.