Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

nothing wrong with well-done facelifts

right, just sayin you dont get to be 80 looking like that without some work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Shithouse Dave posted:

That there is a lovely rich cartoon brown. Mine is not really brown but not really blonde either. Mouse.

Mine's the same, which is why I dye it. It's been blonde for a while, but it's growing out, so I'll probably have to dye it again soon. In the last year it's been pink and turquoise and it was dyed red before that. I might go back to red, since it's a colour that fares really nicely over my natural hair colour.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
Any tips for determining if a guy has a large Thing? Without getting naked obvs, ty

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i can't afford to go to the cinema so i read movie reviews and compose the entire thing in my imagination and then get confused and belligerent when other people discuss the film and it doesn't match my version

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Avshalom posted:

i can't afford to go to the cinema so i read movie reviews and compose the entire thing in my imagination and then get confused and belligerent when other people discuss the film and it doesn't match my version

You are only supposed to do that with politics.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Avshalom posted:

I do the same except it ends up matching my version pretty closely because Hollywood is just that predictable.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sabel posted:

I do the same except it ends up matching my version pretty closely because Hollywood is just that predictable.

you should try watching some anime then

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

glowing-fish posted:

You are only supposed to do that with politics.
it's basically how i live my entire life

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

you rock posted:

Any tips for determining if a guy has a large Thing? Without getting naked obvs, ty

Take him to the gym and make him do jumping jacks in flimsy work-out clothes

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
ladythread
do you have a good suggestion as to what might make a good crimbus present for my cool big sister who makes 40 times what i probably ever will and can/will get anything she wants for herself

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

you rock posted:

Fall on his dick

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Rita Repulsa posted:

ladythread
do you have a good suggestion as to what might make a good crimbus present for my cool big sister who makes 40 times what i probably ever will and can/will get anything she wants for herself

does she like art. you could buy her some folk art from collectives in developing countries which aren't very expensive, I know of one eBay shop in particular which sells huichol bead art from artisans in Jalisco which is legit. you can get beautiful beaded necklaces which has incredible artistic and cultural significance for under us$20 and they ship for free. if she's interested in learning or already knows about indigenous american cultures she would likely appreciate it

otherwise if you're interested in diy stuff I might be able to help you if you can tell us what her hobbies or interests are. the christmas diy thread is up in the diy hobby forum because the natives are reticent about gbs, so we could help you there as well. there isn't a huge crossover in this thread and diy

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
write her a poem about how even though she's wealthier than you and won't give you any of her goddamn money, you still regard her fondly due to socio-cultural emphasis on familial bonds especially between female relatives

alternately, buy her some wine

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
^oh fair deuce also you could write out the scum manifesto on napkins you stole from applebees

i would probably appreciate that more than any gift i've ever received, except for my stuffed monkey emma who arrived on my first birthday. emma loving rules

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
soft toy monkey. not taxidermy monkey. although...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rita Repulsa posted:

ladythread

fused glass jewelry is pretty cheap and it's so shiny it's really hard not to like it

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

fused glass jewelry is pretty cheap and it's so shiny it's really hard not to like it
or if you're really poor, bottlecaps are also cheap and shiny

if you decorate her bedroom with bottlecaps it will feel more luxurious, there are birds that do that and it works for them; just make sure you keep it a surprise

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Handmade stuff from local artists or craftspeople is always a nice gift. There's a woman at the farmer's market here who makes the most wonderful handmade soaps, I'd be happy to receive some as a gift. My brother always gets me tea things, which is also really nice.

Depends on what your sister's interests are though, I guess

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The trick with presents is, you gotta get something the recipient doesn't know exists, but if she did, would love and buy immediately for herself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

The trick with presents is, you gotta get something the recipient doesn't know exists, but if she did, would love and buy immediately for herself.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

This year, everyone on my list is getting either a bottle of infused spirits or a piece from a glassblowin' neighbor of mine. Jewelry for the lames, pipes for the cools. Except my dad, he's getting paintings of Omar and Prop Joe as Orthodox icons.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crow Jane posted:

Except my dad, he's getting paintings of Omar and Prop Joe as Orthodox icons.

this is seriously bad rear end

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

you rock posted:

Tie him up, extract blood, put on a petri dish. Heat up a metal wire until the tip is red-hot, then put the wire into the blood.
If the wire sizzles and nothing happens, then he doesn't have one.
If the blood tries to escape, I hope you have a flamethrower.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Wildlife Analysis posted:

drat straight

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

This year I'm making a stuffed toy rabbit for my friend's daughter's first Christmas :3:
I love making things for people but I don't have enough free time to do it as much as I want :(

you rock posted:

You're all overthinking it, just lean over and get a handful (ask him first obvs)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
ask him about his penis. if he walks away he's a keeper

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Avshalom posted:

write her a poem about how even though she's wealthier than you and won't give you any of her goddamn money, you still regard her fondly due to socio-cultural emphasis on familial bonds especially between female relatives

alternately, buy her some wine
wine's a good idea

look i'd give her all my money if i could
the money ref though is just to show what she already has compared to what i can give her even if i spent everything
i love her a lot, she's been there for me and she's the only member of my family with a shred of sanity and compassion.
her previous gifts to me include a tea making robot and an ipad. this is what i'm competing with. either of those would mean i'm not paying rent next month.

stop being mean to me :(

Fruity Gordo posted:

does she like art. you could buy her some folk art from collectives in developing countries which aren't very expensive, I know of one eBay shop in particular which sells huichol bead art from artisans in Jalisco which is legit. you can get beautiful beaded necklaces which has incredible artistic and cultural significance for under us$20 and they ship for free. if she's interested in learning or already knows about indigenous american cultures she would likely appreciate it

otherwise if you're interested in diy stuff I might be able to help you if you can tell us what her hobbies or interests are. the christmas diy thread is up in the diy hobby forum because the natives are reticent about gbs, so we could help you there as well. there isn't a huge crossover in this thread and diy

she lives a long way away so i only get a fuzzy view of what's she's doing most of the time
she's pretty much renovating her own house, likes really girly things, loves trips to fancy art museums and has preferences between famous painters but i can't remember which, likes anything to do with italy or the 1980's, likes making looseleaf tea so i guess maybe something from teavanna or my local shop would be nice?, ... i'm kinda of tired and spaced out, it's a bit difficult trying to pull everything out, i have the memory of a goldfish and i'm having a hard time remember all the times we talked and what she said she liked. i'm sure she'd love anything i could diy but i'm absolute crap at making anything with my hands and always will be so i'd rather just buy her something that's actually nice.

she doesn't get a lot of time to herself or to do things that would let her meet new people because she works really hard all the time and she's kinda sad about that i guess but i can't buy her that

i'll keep the beaded necklace thing and the fused glass jewelry in mind when i do the online shopping. and maybe get her some looseleaf at my local shop.

boom boom boom posted:

this is my philosophy but it's hard because she's really girly and finds most of the things i like confusing or horrifying, most of what i like is comparatively nerdy, gross, weird, or scary. she hated the nightmare before christmas.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Wildlife Analysis posted:

VanSandman posted:

drat straight

:omarcomin: Thanks! I might do Snoop too if I have time. The gilding is gonna be made from cigarette foil.

Rita Repulsa, if she likes going to museums, buy her a membership to one near her. If they're accredited with AAM or a similar organization, she'll have reciprocal privileges at museums all around the country.

Also, happy Thanksgiving, ladies.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
browsing antique or vintage jewellery on ebay works too, i've found some really lovely estate pieces for my mum for like $15 that way, like a pair of onyx and marcasite earrings from the '50s and a white aurora borealis glass bead brooch from the mid-30s. set the listings by lowest price and postage and scroll baby scroll. brooches are actually a lot more versatile than you'd think, you can wear it on your shirt, duh, but you can also use it as a scarf pin, string it on a chain to wear as a pendant, or loop a bunch of bobby pins onto the brooch pin and wear it as a barrette

enamel and resin costume brooches from the '60s and '70s last really well and are found in a shitload of deadstock and estate sales often in mint condition, so they're often very cheap on ebay. she likely doesn't have the time or has never had the inclination to troll through brooch sales on ebay, so if you can find the time that might be an option as well because sparkly brooches are loving girly and fabulous. if my phone worked i would take a picture of my collection and post it, because i am the lamest catlady femme ever :3:

good luck whatever you decide!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A few years ago I got my mom this stuff that turns your bath water into scented jelly. You pour salt on it to liquefy it again. It's called "jelly bath". It was a hit

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Most if not all the men I have met with giant penises, are really excited to tell you about how huge their penis is after maybe 30 minutes of hanging out.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Goobish posted:

Most if not all the men I have met with giant penises, are really excited to tell you about how huge their penis is after maybe 30 minutes of hanging out.

Yeah, dudes with large dicks are usually totally pumped about how large their dicks are

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

A few years ago I got my mom this stuff that turns your bath water into scented jelly. You pour salt on it to liquefy it again. It's called "jelly bath". It was a hit

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

you got me all excited and I went over to Amazon to get some bath goop for myself but then I saw this :(

----------------

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py7-Z6YsroA&t=413s

linked to start w/ the "jelly bath" review

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a bunch of goon ladies gonna end up like this

thanks to that post

but you know...with tits

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

you hosed up man

----------------

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You all have reminded me of dessert.

Pecan Pie and Butterscotch Pudding.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

you got me all excited and I went over to Amazon to get some bath goop for myself but then I saw this :(

Worked for us, but it was a different brand that we got a few years ago. Ours used salt and water, took a little while but it dissolved. Will see which stuff I got. It was a little expensive but not ridiculous. This was back in 2005, maybe the stuff they make now is poo poo :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Worked for us, but it was a different brand that we got a few years ago. Ours used salt and water, took a little while but it dissolved. Will see which stuff I got. It was a little expensive but not ridiculous. This was back in 2005, maybe the stuff they make now is poo poo :(

I'm gonna look around for the good stuff but if it turns my tub into a permanent goo swamp I am holding you personally responsible :colbert:

----------------

• Locked thread