Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

It's always so funny to hear how animated Dave is when he's on other people's podcasts. He sounds near comatose many times on the regular podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I was thinking that also but then I was reminded Dave is pretty much ready to go to sleep when Observer Radio is recorded.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And recently not even waiting for the show to finish!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

I was thinking that also but then I was reminded Dave is pretty much ready to go to sleep when Observer Radio is recorded.

yeah isn't Observer Radio often recorded when it's like 4 AM where he lives? I wouldn't be very animated at that point either.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 26, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah isn't Observer Radio is often recorded when it's like 4 AM where he lives? I wouldn't be very animated at that point either.

It used to be posted around 4 AM Eastern and I'd listen to it before I went to bed, now I don't see it until I've gone to bed at 5, so they are recording it around 2 AM Pacific. It's funny whenever the topic of something ending early comes up and Bryan goes "Hey we can be done by X" and Dave says under his breath how he wishes they could record earlier every night.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really enjoyed the Austin/Dave podcast but it felt like it ended rather abruptly, though it sounds like he'll be on the show again at some point.

I excitedly checked the Unleashed page today to see what the early podcast would be ahead of Thanksgiving.... it's Brian Knobbs :negative:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also, Dave gets animated on guest casts because it's stuff that is fun, and not WWE. :dukedog:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vinny was angrier about the ending of Raw than he has about anything in years.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Allow me to summarize Bryan's interview with Val Venis: :2bong: :2bong: :2bong: :420: :420: :420: :350: :350: :350:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ch3cooh posted:

Allow me to summarize Bryan's interview with Val Venis: :2bong: :2bong: :2bong: :420: :420: :420: :350: :350: :350:

Thank you, I didn't make it a minute into the Val Venis part before bailing out

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Hahah the AJ/Kitana footage during the ad-break.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Holy poo poo that Tammy/Paisley match. And we say Kelly Kelly was bad :gonk:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Big Dave posted:

The whole deal with EC 3, if you haven’t caught on, is Dixie makes sure he only gets patsies as opponents, and the idea is that he even struggles with them. He’s supposed to be the guy handed everything who really isn’t that good that you’re supposed to hate over it. Essentially, he’s the HHH character but more exaggerated.

:drat:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Have Dave always been this open about his dislike of (aspects of) HHH and Stephanie, or is this new?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Guys, I just ordered Stern Stick 4, and so I will get Stern Stick 1 free! I will report back with notes on the Dragon King's novel and the other pleasures to be found by inserting the Stern Stick.

I have no idea where to put this but I found an interesting little post by dave today:

quote:

Thesz and I talked Verne many times. He had great respect for Verne and never once intimated he was too small. Lou made Danny Hodge, who was much smaller than Verne, his heavyweight champion.

Lou had no power when Race was champion, he only said to me that the world champion should at least be in better shape than the guy in the front row. A lot of promoters felt that at the time. As great as Race was as a performer, many felt he should not have been champion and some started booking Bockwinkel instead.

I am not a fan of this anti-Race position, but I do support the pro-Bockwinkel position...

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Listening to older BnV shows. Whatever happend to Jez, and did Crumbley ever find the most racist game?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Have Dave always been this open about his dislike of (aspects of) HHH and Stephanie, or is this new?
He's always thrown the odd shot here and there at how they do business (Triple H with his ego and Stephanie's poor run as head of Creative) but then again, it's been a while since they've both been involved in a major storyline that'd put them both in the forefront, which just makes it even worse.

Plus the whole "B+" thing they loved throwing around was a criticism Dave had of Triple H when he started his main event push 15 years ago.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

He's always thrown the odd shot here and there at how they do business (Triple H with his ego and Stephanie's poor run as head of Creative) but then again, it's been a while since they've both been involved in a major storyline that'd put them both in the forefront, which just makes it even worse.

Plus the whole "B+" thing they loved throwing around was a criticism Dave had of Triple H when he started his main event push 15 years ago.

Dave has also pointed out the hypocrisy involved in giving people one chance to get over and you're done when HHH needed like, 5 chances.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dave has also pointed out the hypocrisy involved in giving people one chance to get over and you're done when HHH needed like, 5 chances.
Hell, his matches with Lesnar proved that. He was so butthurt over people chanting 'you tapped out' after Summerslam, he had to come out on the following Smackdown (if it wasn't Raw) so he could get a 'proper' reaction to him possibly retiring. The match itself wasn't anything special and neither were the two followups. Punk managed to not only get a better reaction in a shorter build, the match was miles better.

And Stephanie, well, her beating up of Heyman because he mentioned her kids in a promo came off terrible and bullying.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Capsaicin posted:

Listening to older BnV shows. Whatever happend to Jez, and did Crumbley ever find the most racist game?

Jez had a hilarious meltdown on the board.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

I am not a fan of this anti-Race position, but I do support the pro-Bockwinkel position...

Harley was in great shape, though - he just had a beer gut. You can't do that many hour draws and be out of shape.

Thesz was a great wrestler and a legend and all, but he did need the occasional reminder that wrestling was fake. At least Harley didn't kill towns on purpose if their top guy couldn't work to his standards.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I never realized that Jarrett was all about wanking. They made him a main eventer with the wanking gimmick.

WCW will never stop being amazing with how terrible it is.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
No 10 Count this week?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Jubs posted:

No 10 Count this week?

You expect us to record on the week of Thanksgiving?!?!

Matt was out of town and I was fried from work and other stuff happened and no, no Ten Count this week. Unless KFG and MRT did one and didn't tell me, which would be cool. But I doubt.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The Pisscast, however, shows no such weakness. We recorded last night but it hasn't been uploaded yet for some reason. Let's all blame Manflurry!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave took potshots at HHH in the last but he does it more now to troll him.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

The Pisscast, however, shows no such weakness. We recorded last night but it hasn't been uploaded yet for some reason. Let's all blame Manflurry!

Well it's in Oatgan's hands now.

Shout out to Hiram for the intro music this week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dave took potshots at HHH in the last but he does it more now to troll him.

This ranks as my favorite HHH joke although it is more Bryan making it, and being a TRUE PROGNOSTICATOR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQVzcS7s7hA

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

This ranks as my favorite HHH joke although it is more Bryan making it, and being a TRUE PROGNOSTICATOR!

That's loving awesome.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 11: Friendzoned by Kaitlyn

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering.Fundamental differing.
Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication.
The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot seem to reach an end crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them tumble down
No fault, none to blame, it doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

music and lyrics by Leonard Cohen

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wcm6c4oa3hh21c7/011+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 29, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cutting promos as wrestlers (bray wyatt) is against the rules!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oh and big ups to Hiram for singing our theme song he wrote

KungFu Grip posted:

Cutting promos as wrestlers (bray wyatt) is against the rules!
leonard cohen is a canadian hero please do not compare him to fat hillbillies

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 29, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Stern Stick 1 is an extremely weird thing. Once downloaded you get zip folders numbered from 1-14, except there is no 5. On top of this the folders for 4 and 14 are broken into two parts. Folder 4 seems to be the same in both folders except one contains another file of his novel, which is originally located in Folder 1. Folder 2 is dedicated to podcasts baring the same name as his novel, did he do a bunch of podcasts about his novel? Are they related? I don't know! Then there's several folders full of shows done by two other guys, a folder of interviews, a folder of more interviews, old Karl Stern shows, bumper clips from his show, Karl Stern on the "potcast" and the "Lost Rant" and folder 14 is split up for documents, one is photos he's taken at shows, another is just random photos of wrestlers and other stuff like lawsuits involving wrestlers and his Pioneers of Wrestling newsletter.

It's pretty bizarre and it could only come from Karl Stern. I can only imagine what awaits me on Stern Stick 4!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I am convinced Bryan will not be satisfied until he finds conclusive proof Nikki Bella is a sex maniac. I smell a future After Dark topic.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Meat Recital posted:

I am convinced Bryan will not be satisfied until he finds conclusive proof Nikki Bella is a sex maniac. I smell a future After Dark topic.
It's his new Secret Plan.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Meat Recital posted:

She told John Cena that he had to have sex with her every day, like two or three times. Is that not good enough for Bryan???

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Stern Stick 1 is an extremely weird thing. Once downloaded you get zip folders numbered from 1-14, except there is no 5. On top of this the folders for 4 and 14 are broken into two parts. Folder 4 seems to be the same in both folders except one contains another file of his novel, which is originally located in Folder 1. Folder 2 is dedicated to podcasts baring the same name as his novel, did he do a bunch of podcasts about his novel? Are they related? I don't know! Then there's several folders full of shows done by two other guys, a folder of interviews, a folder of more interviews, old Karl Stern shows, bumper clips from his show, Karl Stern on the "potcast" and the "Lost Rant" and folder 14 is split up for documents, one is photos he's taken at shows, another is just random photos of wrestlers and other stuff like lawsuits involving wrestlers and his Pioneers of Wrestling newsletter.

It's pretty bizarre and it could only come from Karl Stern. I can only imagine what awaits me on Stern Stick 4!

This is part of the Chikara ARG I just know it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoyed the Austin/Dave podcast but it felt like it ended rather abruptly, though it sounds like he'll be on the show again at some point.

Dave said the plan was for them to go an hour, but they got rolling and it ended up being like 90 minutes, so yeah Austin just had to cut them off cause it could have went on forever.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He did two with Kevin Nash, who hasn't had two hours of interesting things to say in his entire career combined. I'm sure Dave will be back.

Dave sounded really nasal in this though - way more than he does on the LAW or elsewhere I've heard him. Maybe that's just Awake Dave?

I'm also listening to Colt's AoW with Matt Morgan and am relieved to hear that I'm not the only one to ruin those rubber wrestling figures by painting them to look like current wrestlers. Poor Bruno Sammartino got painted half-black to look like Piper :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave has a deep voice and a lot of phones and microphones drop lower frequencies.
Go find a show where Dave and Bryan are both in Vegas. It's amazing.

Nash has a bunch of great stories of drunken antics. :colbert: Every WCW story is a bad college movie with Bischoff as the evil dean.

• Locked thread