Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Weekend event is live. Starring HAWKEYE.

Well Hawkeye Modern and Bullseye.

I'm happy to see them mix it up a bit and involve some underused characters, but it seems kind of underwhelming in terms of rewards. I don't see myself ever using bullseye outside this event for as much as they're handing him out as rewards for this. Maybe they're preening people to have a dark avengers team for an event coming up or something.

Edit: 200 person brackets. Exercise your right to wait a day or two and join a slacker bracket.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Slacker brackets are amazing. I went down 9 points in Reinforcements and went from 10th place to 7th place.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Think I'll wait for a slacker bracket this time then. How long is the tournament open for? Will checking put me into a bracket or do you actually have to win a battle?

Also looks like the Unstable Iso quests refreshed again.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

You have to win a battle. You can check. Yeah, this is a weird tournament. I have a maxed out Hawkeye, but he is only at like level 5.

I also don't want an Iron Man or Wolverine, so I guess I will go for Bullseye.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There has been a Dark Avengers event before. If it does show up again though, I would expect Rags to dominate.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Bullseye is a character that I really want to use more than I do, because he's twisted. Adamantium Bones adds up quickly and Murderous Aim, well, do I have to spell out what placing two criticals wherever you want can do?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
One of the refreshed red iso-8 missions has hero points, heroic token, Spiderman cover (purple), and 500 iso. I told myself, eh, as long as I don't get the iso. I got the iso.

Then after that, two back-to-back standard tokens gave me my first Ragnorak (green) and a red classic magneto. So I spent my 4k iso on more 500 iso lotteries, got one and two star crap. :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fritzler posted:

You have to win a battle. You can check. Yeah, this is a weird tournament. I have a maxed out Hawkeye, but he is only at like level 5.

I also don't want an Iron Man or Wolverine, so I guess I will go for Bullseye.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Today's token haul gave me my first red Ragnarok and my 4th red Grey Widow. Is it safe to assume that the standard Grey Widow build is 5/3/5 and I should sell this Pistol cover? Or are there arguments for not needing even more green tiles?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Today's token haul gave me my first red Ragnarok and my 4th red Grey Widow. Is it safe to assume that the standard Grey Widow build is 5/3/5 and I should sell this Pistol cover? Or are there arguments for not needing even more green tiles?

Her red is pretty bad. Though unless you got 5 red ragnarok I don't think you will ever relay on her green ability. Her purple is where she really shines. And she gets decent hp if you level her up.

Edit: Just for funnies, here are her max stats. Level 5 sniper rifle does hurt the entire enemy team.

Black Widow (Grey Suit)

Sniper Rifle - Green
Damage: 3336 (Skill Level 5)

Pistol - Red
Damage: 741 (Skill Level 5)

Deceptive Tactics - Purple

Colour Damage: 11/12/60/10/67/52

Hit Points: 5075

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 29, 2013

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there a "rush" path when you're first starting the game, to get the most gold tokens and unlock the most stuff quickly before settling into an event routine? I'm just a few days in, I have 7 slots, a Thor, Astonishing Wolvie, and CStorm all at 1/0/0, and I don't really know where to go next to make sure I don't waste time winning a bunch of health packs when I should be making my dudes stronger. It seems hard to level these 2* heroes, especially when I keep winning 1* characters that I can't "learn" because of my low slot number.

Love this game, though, lots of fun. Just don't want to be inefficient.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

My suggestion for a rush path is to go to this link and Ctrl+F for Hero Points, Storm (Classic), Thor (Marvel Now!), and Wolverine (either of them). Those are the most important things to earn aside from the lotto tickets and one-star heroes.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235

e: added the actual link. Durrrrrrr

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Paineopticon posted:

Is there a "rush" path when you're first starting the game, to get the most gold tokens and unlock the most stuff quickly before settling into an event routine? I'm just a few days in, I have 7 slots, a Thor, Astonishing Wolvie, and CStorm all at 1/0/0, and I don't really know where to go next to make sure I don't waste time winning a bunch of health packs when I should be making my dudes stronger. It seems hard to level these 2* heroes, especially when I keep winning 1* characters that I can't "learn" because of my low slot number.

Love this game, though, lots of fun. Just don't want to be inefficient.

Like the OP says focus on

5/5/3 Ironman
5/3/5 Modern Storm
5/5 Blackwidow

These are decent enough heroes to get you through most of the prologue and get some stuff from events. Thor, Wolverine, and Cstorm are much better but until you got about 9+ covers of them they aren't too helpful. Except storm classic who with just her yellow ability is always helpful.

With +3 all ap, +3 red/yellow ap, +3 green/black ap you should be able to handle a lot of hard missions. Things like this red iso mission should net you a ton of iso and tokens.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 29, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Awesome another Spider-Man cover!

...0/0/3 Spidey. :v:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

So on this SHIELD Training PvP in the Prologue... is this worth grinding on? There's some stuff I want really high up in the milestone rewards, but it looks like even the top people in my bracket don't have that many points yet. Am I gonna start constantly going up against maxed out teams eventually, or is it the newbie bracket where I'll just pound on level 1 Iron Mans forever? I noticed I don't seem to be losing points from being attacked in that tournament.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
It is for ISO. The progression rewards come pretty rapidly. You could have 1000 points and still attack little teams worth no points for the easy win to get 70/140 ISO.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Phenotype posted:

So on this SHIELD Training PvP in the Prologue... is this worth grinding on? There's some stuff I want really high up in the milestone rewards, but it looks like even the top people in my bracket don't have that many points yet. Am I gonna start constantly going up against maxed out teams eventually, or is it the newbie bracket where I'll just pound on level 1 Iron Mans forever? I noticed I don't seem to be losing points from being attacked in that tournament.

Yeah the shield is just for ISO. It was the first pvp and they didn't how the point progression would work. Now they know 900-1,100 is about the highest reasonable point progression in a weekly PvP tournament. That is why 3* are always 1,100 points in tournaments now.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Chuds McGreedy posted:

It is for ISO. The progression rewards come pretty rapidly. You could have 1000 points and still attack little teams worth no points for the easy win to get 70/140 ISO.

Yeah, I'm up to 500 or so right now because it seemed like I could always find a team with like, level 3 Storm and level 2 Hawkeye, and there was a lot of stuff in the progression rewards I wanted. Now I'm looking at Black Widow (who I have skill-maxed) and a bunch of Hawkeye for the next few hundred points, but if I keep on churning, I might get to Thor at 1700 or even Spiderman Blue at 2600?

I did get dicked out of the 100 HP progression reward, somehow. Just never showed up at 450. I also got nothing out of a 50 HP Daily Reward the other day. :(

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, I'm up to 500 or so right now because it seemed like I could always find a team with like, level 3 Storm and level 2 Hawkeye, and there was a lot of stuff in the progression rewards I wanted. Now I'm looking at Black Widow (who I have skill-maxed) and a bunch of Hawkeye for the next few hundred points, but if I keep on churning, I might get to Thor at 1700 or even Spiderman Blue at 2600?

I did get dicked out of the 100 HP progression reward, somehow. Just never showed up at 450. I also got nothing out of a 50 HP Daily Reward the other day. :(

First place is at 1400 points. And that is with an all star team. Sorry to say but none of us are getting that Spider-Man let alone the Thor. :sigh:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Shwqa posted:

First place is at 1400 points. And that is with an all star team. Sorry to say but none of us are getting that Spider-Man let alone the Thor. :sigh:

That's kinda what I was asking, yeah. Eventually I will be getting no points from low level teams? I was hoping I could just grind out a hundred points a day for a few weeks.

So, how many Puzzle Quest games have there been, now, and they still haven't just changed the AI to not get ridiculous cascades and extra turns? I remember when the first game came out on XBLA and there were so many complaints that the devs actually had to come out and say that, no, the AI did not cheat by looking ahead to see what tiles would come up or spawning itself a bunch of extra matches after an innocuous little match-3. There is nothing more infuriating than being in a close game (or even a complete blowout) and all of a sudden your phone starts blinking and making noises for 10 seconds and now your tank is dead and your 50 HP Storm is out in front with only environment tiles to match. I don't care if it's fair or not - I already get to go first, and I get to use 1-sided boosts whenever I want, because I'm human and I'm the only one capable of having fun in this scenario. Just have the computer look ahead and make sure it doesn't get more than another match or two from newly spawning tiles.

Yes, I just lost a Red ISO event way beyond my levels that I probably could have won.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Phenotype posted:

That's kinda what I was asking, yeah. Eventually I will be getting no points from low level teams? I was hoping I could just grind out a hundred points a day for a few weeks.

So, how many Puzzle Quest games have there been, now, and they still haven't just changed the AI to not get ridiculous cascades and extra turns? I remember when the first game came out on XBLA and there were so many complaints that the devs actually had to come out and say that, no, the AI did not cheat by looking ahead to see what tiles would come up or spawning itself a bunch of extra matches after an innocuous little match-3. There is nothing more infuriating than being in a close game (or even a complete blowout) and all of a sudden your phone starts blinking and making noises for 10 seconds and now your tank is dead and your 50 HP Storm is out in front with only environment tiles to match. I don't care if it's fair or not - I already get to go first, and I get to use 1-sided boosts whenever I want, because I'm human and I'm the only one capable of having fun in this scenario. Just have the computer look ahead and make sure it doesn't get more than another match or two from newly spawning tiles.

Yes, I just lost a Red ISO event way beyond my levels that I probably could have won.

You always get 1 points, but if any of those people retaliate you lose 30+ points. We have been calling it crabbing.

Yeah the AI cheats like a douche. Puzzle quest 1 was the worst (drat cheating spider :argh:). Luckily the AI is also retarded, and you can abuse it. It values 5 matches first, but only sees horizontal or vertical matches. Then it values 4 matches, then its top colors, then environmental tiles.

You abuse this by leaving it 4 matches of an off color while you steal the red ap. Or leave environmental tile and let the AI waste 3-4 turns to make a critical tile it won't use. Also you got boost and don't be afraid to use them. They are cheap to replace. A lot cheaper than healing packs.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Just got Blue Spiderman from a Standard Recruit token from a Juggernaut mission, to go with the Yellow I got a couple days ago. I might have to save HP for that blue stun instead of Ragnarok Red. I was really, really looking forward to playing him in a team with Venom. :)

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
You figure that people with scores in thousands would stop counterattacking you when you only have a couple hundred points. I've been in a fight with this guy for two straight days already. I've stopped attacking anyone else, because like clockwork, he counterattacks me and I lose 1 point, then hit him back for a ton. I'm up to 500 points already and I don't even.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You have offended his e-honor.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Some guy in my bracket for redISO rushed to a 500pt lead early today when stuff was still worth around 40 points now I'm 200 behind and only get 10 and I'm sure soon 0 points per win :(

mania
Sep 9, 2004
What's today repeatable missions? I've got Iso-8 Heist & Battle in Brazil so far.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Trying to decide between top two or top ten for Reinforcements. Managed to slide into a bracket with top spot at 858, #2 at 732 and me at 642 points, #4 is at 393. Could pretty easily push into a top two spot, but I only have two X-Force Wolverine covers and I'm getting close to a 5/5 Loki. Might be handy for Lightning Rounds or as a Wolverine/Daken counter.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

Trying to decide between top two or top ten for Reinforcements. Managed to slide into a bracket with top spot at 858, #2 at 732 and me at 642 points, #4 is at 393. Could pretty easily push into a top two spot, but I only have two X-Force Wolverine covers and I'm getting close to a 5/5 Loki. Might be handy for Lightning Rounds or as a Wolverine/Daken counter.

I am still trying to decide the same thing but I don't have any Loki. The difference between #3 and #11 in my bracket is less than 100 points, so if I don't push for top two it's going to be hard to stay in the top ten :I

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Trying to decide between top two or top ten for Reinforcements.

I'm going for 26-50 myself, but given the choice between X-Force Wolverine and Loki, I'd go for Loki. The weekly Villain Lightning Rounds make it really easy to use and abuse a leveled Loki/Rag/Neto/Doom/Hood, and X-Force Wolverine just seems like a huge iso sink for only medium gain until they have some kind of Buff Wolvie event.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Loki doesnt really do much though. He's just there as a hp wall.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Me, I'm fiddling to remain in 26 - 50. Lokis I can get from Lightning Rounds.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I guess my forgetfulness to wait a while before jumping into a tournament is really hurting me. I feel like the only kid on the block that doesn't have either IM 40 or Cap over 10k hp and a Rag to boot. I'm a seal in a pool of killer whales.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Just noticed redISO ends at a different hour to usual, says 2d 16h at the moment where reinforcements says 1h40m left. Guess redISO ends at 8am for me, maybe 9 depending on how they do the rounding.

E: 9am New Zealand time

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I highly doubt I could tank down to 26th even if I tried. #10 in this bracket is #216 points.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not that I buy them, but I could have sworn the heroic lotteries were cheaper.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Not that I buy them, but I could have sworn the heroic lotteries were cheaper.

They double the price of them last update, because gently caress you.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Shwqa posted:

They double the price of them last update, because gently caress you.

That's why I'm glad that I got enough slots that I could start playing the 150 gold lotteries for a bit. Screw 300 gold though!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I managed to score two loki covers off of the reinforcements event. Yay.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

I managed to score two loki covers off of the reinforcements event. Yay.

I only got one. I really should've just surrendered down into Black Widow range. A least it was the Loki color I didn't have yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got a 4/4 Loki now. :geno:

I was aiming for Wolvie since I got one 4* Wolv cover the other day. It was not to be.