Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Donaldson was actually nice about Boro (I think). All my fellow Boro fans loving hate for being a chippy Geordie twat, but I think he's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Has Raphael Honigstein always been a massive bellend and I'm only really noticing it recently, or has he just been far more smug than usual in recent times? I loving hate hearing him on it these days.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

Has Raphael Honigstein always been a massive bellend and I'm only really noticing it recently, or has he just been far more smug than usual in recent times? I loving hate hearing him on it these days.

It's a recent thing. He was always pretty smug but its gotten worse this season.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

It's a recent thing. He was always pretty smug but its gotten worse this season.

Didn't he get caught out on BT Sport making a wanker gesture earlier in the season.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-os-cflf4k

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Jesus, I hadn't seen that. That's totally unprofessional and if it wasn't a friend of the footballing hipsters, it would have been far bigger news. Imagine if Redknapp was caught doing that?

Anyway, it won't be long until everyone goes back to not giving a gently caress about German football and he can piss off. His idea on today's pod that Milan aren't a big club anymore is ridiculous.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Stotty posted:

Didn't he get caught out on BT Sport making a wanker gesture earlier in the season.

this was a joke on someone else that did it on live TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuw3Jag9HtA

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Modus Trollens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuw3Jag9HtA

Ahhh right, that's totally different. I remember the Ginola clip, now that you mention it. He was bang out of order, too.

Honigstein's still a prick, though.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

Yeah it was, but it was still live on air (apparently without him knowing) and he got railroaded off the channel for a while.

If anything he's dumber to be the second guy caught doing it when it was a big issue the first time.

James Richardson was the consummate professional though.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 21, 2013

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mickolution posted:

Anyway, it won't be long until everyone goes back to not giving a gently caress about German football and he can piss off. His idea on today's pod that Milan aren't a big club anymore is ridiculous.

Well if you looked at results for this season I would agree, Milan will be also-rans until next season, and that's optimistic. Kinda lovely to say that a club that won the CL 6 years ago and a league title 2 years ago isn't big though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Well if you looked at results for this season I would agree, Milan will be also-rans until next season, and that's optimistic. Kinda lovely to say that a club that won the CL 6 years ago and a league title 2 years ago isn't big though.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Just because Milan are going through a rough spot doesn't mean they're not a big team. He was saying a player he seemed to know nothing about was poo poo because Milan and Liverpool were interested in him.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Stotty posted:

:siren: Televison's James Richardson :siren:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Just because Milan are going through a rough spot doesn't mean they're not a big team. He was saying a player he seemed to know nothing about was poo poo because Milan and Liverpool were interested in him.

It was obviously just a joke.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

Well Chelsea won it last year and the league in 2010 and they're not a big club.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Mickolution posted:

It was just a casual joke dig. I agree that Honigstein gets a bit obnoxious and sneery sometimes but I don't see what's upset you so much.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Just catching up with this weeks Extra and holy gently caress is Rafa unbearable. not only the pointless Milan dig but the correction of Barry re: Ballon d'Or voting was patronising and quite embarrassing.

Lovely to hear AC Jimbo put him in his place though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yer mental. He's great.

He had to correct Barry, he had got it wrong. Thd other English guests are by far the worst part of the show. Even Bazza is more annoying (with his grumpy persona and mispronouncing of every foreign name, "Jose Morino".)

Rafa's supercool.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Today's FW extra was a lot better than all the tripe I've heard from them over the last couple of weeks.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Koesj posted:

Today's FW extra was a lot better than all the tripe I've heard from them over the last couple of weeks.

I quite liked the bubble wrap line.

e: Could it be because there's no Glendenning?

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 29, 2013

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
It felt more laid back and that helped it. Some of the normal guys they have on can be a bit loud, even if they are funny, and that maybe hurts more than it helps. Didn't feel like it was missing sid lowes bit either.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

No Honigstein was good.

The panel this week were a lot of the ones that sort of mould into one for me, but it was a good episode. I'd never have believed someone a few years ago if they'd told me FW would be my least favourite of the football pods I listen to (behind The Game and The Football Ramble). It's still enjoyable, but it's just lost something. I think I really miss some of the older panelists too, like Kevin McCarra and Paul Doyle. Doyle's on occasionally, but McCarra was great and I don't think he's been on for a few seasons now.

These days it's just Glendenning (usually good), Wilson (usually good, if a little dry), a bunch of others that I can't really tell apart and crap European ones I don't care about at all. I think Pedro Pinto is the absolute worst on there. Maybe it's just because he's not a native English speaker, but he comes across unbearably smug. Thankfully he's not been on in ages and tends to be on The Game more often.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
more trouble understanding Rob Smyth's marble-mouthed ramblings than Pinto tbh

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

more trouble understanding Rob Smyth's marble-mouthed ramblings than Pinto tbh

I didn't mean he wasn't clear, just that maybe because he's not from a native English speaking culture he doesn't know he's being so smug. His English is excellent.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Even in that regard, he's by far one of the least smug on there. If we're shooting people for being smug, and we should be, then Sid Lowe, Sean Seany Ingle, Glendenning, Auclair, Smyth, Wilson and even Jimbo should be terminated.

LET ME BE CLEAR: I am willing to murder Rob Smyth.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That brazilian guy is by far the smuggest.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Even in that regard, he's by far one of the least smug on there.

Pinto is? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one :)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No deal.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Even in that regard, he's by far one of the least smug on there. If we're shooting people for being smug, and we should be, then Sid Lowe, Sean Seany Ingle, Glendenning, Auclair, Smyth, Wilson and even Jimbo should be terminated.

LET ME BE CLEAR: I am willing to murder Rob Smyth.

At least those guys are often interesting and/or funny. I don't know what Jacob Steinberg brings to the table and he's on seemingly every episode.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Who was the guy that talked about Kagawa running on bubble wrap and made the great comment about Lukaku (he might drift in and out of games, but when he drifts into a game, the game bloody knows about it)? He's good.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Who was the guy that talked about Kagawa running on bubble wrap and made the great comment about Lukaku (he might drift in and out of games, but when he drifts into a game, the game bloody knows about it)? He's good.

Iain Macintosh, author of Football Manager Stole My Life: 20 Years of the Beautiful Obsession.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The guy off zonalmarking - the one who sounds like he is fifteen years old - I wouldn't miss him if he fell into a volcano.

Football Ramble is the number one game in town now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

britishbornandbread posted:

Football Ramble is the number one game in town now.

Yeah it really is. I like the shorter format and all the hosts seem less spergy now.

Football weekly is nice but there's something clearly missing from the previous years.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

No buys?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
u piss?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Gregg Bakowski: Perhaps, y'know, we might... maybe we could even get to, y'know, try to get to making some kind of point during this pod?

Jimbo: How 'bout that, Barry?

Glendenning: Jaffa Cakes!

[laughter]

GB: Y'know.

Jimbo: Great! Let's hear from Sid Lowe!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Monday Bandele posted:

At least those guys are often interesting and/or funny. I don't know what Jacob Steinberg brings to the table and he's on seemingly every episode.

He sounds really socially awkward and sucks the life out of the conversation more often that not. Really low effort and not unlike a GBS poster actually...

Sean Ingle irritates the poo poo out of me too

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Koesj posted:

Gregg Bakowski: Perhaps, y'know, we might... maybe we could even get to, y'know, try to get to making some kind of point during this pod?

I like him, though that might just be because I'm a Liverpool fan and he's the only one who's on there semi regularly.

For everyone who complains about FW, what would it take for you to stop listening to it? I don't enjoy it too much these days, but have never really considered stopping, really. I'm like that though, I'll keep watching a Tv series long after it's turned to poo poo just out of habit. It took a long time for me to stop listening to the Soccernet one after I stopped enjoying it at all.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Stopped listening to this one after 15 mins or so, and that was mostly because I was in the shower and couldn't turn it off.

I don't bother with at least half of them.

Isosceles
Oct 31, 2004
The triangle philosopher

Mandalay posted:

Sean Ingle irritates the poo poo out of me too

That's the guy that talks about the odds and betting favourites and that poo poo in lieu of having an insight on a game? His voice is annoying too.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Does Football Weekly have Pete's Game? No it doesn't, therefore it's not the superior football podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
What happened to the Dean Windass Hall of Fame? I love that poo poo.