Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I had a German shepherd mix and a Siamese cat growing up, they got along fine, at least as long as the dog remembered that the cat was the boss. My parents now have another Siamese (they have a thing for the breed) and a Great Dane/pitbull mix, and they also get along fine. I think sometimes it just depends on the specific animal, not the breed.

Girl I used to work with had to put her cat down after it was mauled by her boyfriend's pitbull. They had lived together for months and one night the dog just snapped.

The show I was watching on Netflix just disappeared into the ether. It was nothing special, but the last episode I saw featured Sean Bean in a dress, so I was intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

my cousin's huge golden retriever jumped on me and licked me a bunch a couple of days ago. freaked me out so bad I had a panic attack even though I know she's a really sweet dog. I wish I could like dogs, I really do, but I hate having something huge and capable of killing me invade my personal space without my consent like that. :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Portals posted:

my cousin's huge golden retriever jumped on me and licked me a bunch a couple of days ago. freaked me out so bad I had a panic attack even though I know she's a really sweet dog. I wish I could like dogs, I really do, but I hate having something huge and capable of killing me invade my personal space without my consent like that. :(

You are an apex predator. You are a member of the most dangerous species on earth. You are death incarnate. You are the destroyer of worlds.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Portals is a shark?

Or possibly a spider?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I was in the men's restroom washing my hands. Some guy just walked in, saw me, apologized sheepishly, walked back out, then walked back in again looking very confused.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Portals is a shark?

Or possibly a spider?

come on irc

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

3 is the maximum number of cats you can have without being a bit strange and even that is pushing it a bit. Depends on the cats.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

FreudianSlippers posted:

3 is the maximum number of cats you can have without being a bit strange and even that is pushing it a bit. Depends on the cats.

:(

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

My sister has 5 or 6. And I confirm your theory and would recommend lowering the bar to 2 cats.

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

I had a border collie/lab mix and a ginger and white tabby, they got on really well and liked playing together :3

As long as it's cuddly and warm I like any animal. I'd give a lion belly rubs if I could.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

rocketpig posted:

I had a border collie/lab mix and a ginger and white tabby, they got on really well and liked playing together :3

As long as it's cuddly and warm I like any animal. I'd give a lion belly rubs if I could.

hey you should get on irc

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Any faghags looking for a token homo? I'm willing to offer my services to listen to your squawking. Please respond if interested

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
we used to have some cocker spaniels that loved our cat, but they died and mom got some boxers and the two young boys will chase the gently caress out of it, which he hates
the old lady boxer loves the cat though :3:

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
I love cats but I'd really like a baby duck.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

detectivemonkey posted:

My sister has 5 or 6. And I confirm your theory and would recommend lowering the bar to 2 cats.

you need two cats so they can gay with each other

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
ducks are pretty cool, i had a pet duck for a while but then my dad ate him :3:

my cat is awesome. when my dog was alive i always felt guilty when i wasnt hanging out with her because she was so needy, my cat doesnt give a gently caress tho

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

a message from an Anonymous Tipster:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
PUPPLES

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

aaaaa they're colour-coded

e: LOOK AT THEIR TINY LITTLE PAWS

Portals fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 2, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
It's 2.5 cats per individual in a household adjusted by domicile square footage accordingly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

you need two cats so they can gay with each other

Was that chick in Turning Girls who wrote yaoi comics you?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgkbyKxbDA

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

puppies, kittens, tiny baby ducks

this thread owns loving goldmine

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If you had to eat a dog what species would it be?

This is an important girl only question.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Motherfucker posted:

If you had to eat a dog what species would it be?

This is an important girl only question.

a doobie

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i'd eat a corgi, they seem pretty meaty but not too fatty

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Was that chick in Turning Girls who wrote yaoi comics you?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgkbyKxbDA

two orange cats will always be gays

this fact exists independently of yaoi production status

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
my two cats arent gay but they fight like loving retards and do their best to sound like 40 pound behemoths instead of the small cats they are

also one of them crashed into a goddamn wall and broke his tooth when he was being chased by his brother :saddowns:

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Happy Cyber Monday, lady humans! I hope you find good deals if good deals are a thing you would like to find.

I only bought pants.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Susan B. Antimony posted:

Happy Cyber Monday, lady humans! I hope you find good deals if good deals are a thing you would like to find.

I only bought pants.
H&M has a 40% off sale but everything I would want was sold out already.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Around my household, every Monday is Cyber Monday. Amazon mentions us in their quarterly reports.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

news from the VS small canine front:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

jfc

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
how do so many puppies even fit in a lady dog. how does she have enough milk. well done lady dog

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

how do so many puppies even fit in a lady dog. how does she have enough milk. well done lady dog

i bet they're like super uncomfortable, that's a lot of babies. kangaroo ladies are pregnant like all the time. i'm not sure why you would even want to do that, but they do it.

"The female kangaroo is usually pregnant in permanence, except on the day she gives birth; however, she has the ability to freeze the development of an embryo until the previous joey is able to leave the pouch. " -wikipedia

i think we need to introduce kangaroos to christianity, being pregnant all the time is very risque, i bet they aren't even married.

----------------

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 2, 2013

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
If you already have two cats but they are both really lovely cats, are you allowed to get another one without being a cat lady? I feel like you should get to try again.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Aren't most golden retriever litters like 6-8? drat 11.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Pessimism posted:

If you already have two cats but they are both really lovely cats, are you allowed to get another one without being a cat lady? I feel like you should get to try again.

yes, i own 3 cats. 1 of them is a cat failure who does nothing all day except lay around getting fatter so he doesn't count. The two that count are the ones that play with me, each other, and the dog.

i also didn't count the cat i owned who was literally retarded. I was sad when he died but nothing really changed because he spent all day hiding under my desk and peeing on everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

idk, two cats is my limit. we have two goode cattes and i'm pretty happy with them, they play a lot and like to boop you in the face. i think any more cats would be too much pee and poo to look after.

----------------

• Locked thread