Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah, IM40, I can ignore him while taking down the other characters. *unibeamed and missiled to death*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

WetSpink posted:

I used to think 5/4/4 but now I'm all 3/5/5 because gently caress using green for anything but Wolverine - I thought CStorm was Green, Blue, Yellow though. Do you mean MStorm? In that case I like 5/3/5 but a lot of people prefer 5/5/3 or 5/4/4

D'oh, red/green color blindness strikes again. Thanks for the tip.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WetSpink posted:

Not sure how to link my FB account yet, might have to finish tutorial or something first.
The beta forum post says that you have to send them your user ID for both versions and they'll manually link them in the back end with the mobile version overwriting the PC save.

SynthOrange posted:

What's it build around, IAP (ahahaha) or as a regular game?
They said it runs on the same servers and will be cross-platform, so it's IAP.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SynthOrange posted:

Oh yeah, IM40, I can ignore him while taking down the other characters. *unibeamed and missiled to death*

Well, that's the thing. I think I've seen IM40's missile barrage once, maybe twice the whole time I've been playing, because if you're letting the other side get to 20 Blue either they hit a critical on Forest tiles or you probably deserve to lose anyway. Recharge is hampered by the retarded AI because half the time it'll match its OWN countdown tiles, and if you've cleared out his teammates it's pretty much "please lock me down, here! I'll help." Unibeam is only worrisome when it's boosted, but when he's boosted _all the time_ he's a big pile of HP with a single gimmick. If you play keep-away with red, you win, otherwise he gets to 13 and someone dies.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

What's it build around, IAP (ahahaha) or as a regular game?

IAP, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200382598

It's a steam transaction though so you can use your steam wallet if you sell trading cards or hats, I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huuuuuuuh. So you can buy stuff on the pc version using sweet hat/card profits and use that for iap? Neat.

edit: lol no its still regular iap pricing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Ugh. I'm torn. My brother has no smart phone or tablet and loves Puzzle Quest and Marvel. But he was too lazy to sign up for the beta when I told him about it however long ago. Now I have a beta invite and an Android phone and an iPad and I really think I'm going to just cash in my beta code for myself.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

You guys had me worried, but beta invite just arrived. I'm a little dubious about linking fake facebook with real steam account, but what's the worst that could happen?

Also just got back to being able to play after 3 days away, thanks for the flood of reward shares :)

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Oh, to link the Steam/mobile accounts:

- We are running a pilot program where we will manually link your account across mobile and PC using the same Facebook Linking system we have now. If you are accepted into the Beta and wish to take part in this, please send in a ticket that contains your mobile and PC User IDs and your Facebook email. Unless specified otherwise, we will link the account with your mobile version being your requested save file and it will overwrite your PC save.
- Note that this is only a pilot program. Depending on the feedback received during Beta, this platform linking ability could be maintained indefinitely or switched off without notice. If it were to be switched off, any users linked would not lose any data.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone figure out where the game puts its local save? I'm wondering if it's still saved on the user's end and if it is, what kind of terrible things I can do to this.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Got my beta key. If they updated this game so that on Tablets the landscape view is similar to the one on the PC version, that would be really amazing.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
From their facebook yesterday, "Episode 2 is coming soon… Today is the last day to check out Episode 1's Unstable Iso-8!"

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I think they could fix a few of the issues with this game by making the sale value of cards higher.

Once you've played for a while and got some good characters, levelling them up is too much of a grind, and earning yet more Venoms is boring. If cards sold for more there would be more incentive to earn and sell them, maybe even selling good cards, which would add more strategy - go for a bit to eat of all rounders, or just level a few characters.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

GTO posted:

I think they could fix a few of the issues with this game by making the sale value of cards higher.

Once you've played for a while and got some good characters, levelling them up is too much of a grind, and earning yet more Venoms is boring. If cards sold for more there would be more incentive to earn and sell them, maybe even selling good cards, which would add more strategy - go for a bit to eat of all rounders, or just level a few characters.

It would be amazing if they put cards in your steam inventory and you could sell them on the marketplace, oh god.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Since the end time is EU friendly, going to experiment with leaving it till the last minute to join the Two Shot event, see what sort of slacker bracket I can find with 1-2hrs left.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Ratatozsk posted:

Any thoughts on optimal CStorm builds? I'm at 3/3/3 now with a new red cover from the event - any reason to hold off on training it in?

I think 5/5/3 is the best. If you take yellow (raging tempest) up from 3 to 5 it does 20% more damage and gains you 1 more red AP when it is triggered. That's a pretty lovely difference; it's already as good as it needs to be at 3. If instead you take green (lightning storm) up from 3 to 5 it shatters more than double the normal of tiles. Very useful.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I run CStorm with Rags and Thor so pretty much the only time her yellow procs for me is when the enemy Storm gets enough blue to wind storm my team before I hit 8 red AP. Which of course causes a wind rave that wipes everyone out anyway. If I could ever find some blue covers for her I would have her at 5/5/3.

However, I've started on a second one to build to 5/3/5 for when your team gets a special guest.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What's the best way to grind iso after you finish all the story missions?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So is SHIELD Versus busted for everybody else? It stopped adding people to fight earlier, and once I beat them all it kicked me out and it's still greyed out now.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I've hit a bizarre level of immortality in this IM40 event mainly because my two subs (original BW and Thor) never have to take any damage. Enemy almost never gets past IM40 because CBW constantly robs them of their AP and any damage can be healed up with CBW. IM40 gets his hp back every round and I eventually stopped grinding cause it was the same thing over each time...

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
After two matches in my slacker bracket I'm at #2 at 90 points. Slacker brackets forever.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I tried out the beta, and it works okay. I started fresh with a new account, got as far as 250 points in Double Shot and thought to myself "if I get something good with my Heroic token this'll be worth keeping."

Daken. :smith:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Biggest Jerk posted:

I've hit a bizarre level of immortality in this IM40 event mainly because my two subs (original BW and Thor) never have to take any damage. Enemy almost never gets past IM40 because CBW constantly robs them of their AP and any damage can be healed up with CBW. IM40 gets his hp back every round and I eventually stopped grinding cause it was the same thing over each time...

Welcome to the tier top level. I have play for 30 minutes straight in PVP and not use a single healing pack. Wolverine rocks like that.

DrManiac posted:

What's the best way to grind iso after you finish all the story missions?

PvP, red ISO missions, and heroic missions.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
We have Patch Notes:

quote:

Gameplay
- If an Agent has a version of a Team Up character that is higher level, it will automatically be chosen for that mission instead of the loaned character
- Tile selection displays for limited tile types has been implemented so that Agents will immediately know which tiles can be selected for abilities that can only target certain tile types
- Added support for Episodes 2 and 2.5

UI
- Retina support for devices with high resolution displays, regardless of platform
- Sound effects have been added for the new Ability UI
- The Options menu now includes a “Skip Tutorials” button
- The tips screen when an Agent fails at winning a battle has been improved
- Special cover packs tied to events now show the amount of time left in the event

Character
- Black Widow (Original) now has a third power

Espionage - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Black Widow steals enemy secrets. When she attacks by making a Purple match and the enemy has Purple AP, she steals 1 from them.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Also steals 1 Blue AP when making a Blue match.
Level 3: Also steals 1 Black AP when making a Black match.
Level 4: Also deals 6 damage when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match.
Level 5: Increases damage to 12 when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match.
Dev Note: A max level Black Widow (Original) currently does 1139 healing at level 4 Anti-Gravity Belt and a bonus 112 damage at level 5 of Espionage

- Spider-Man (Classic) has noticed that his Spider-Sense has been acting strangely since The Pulse. He's identified why it hasn't acted as it should and has trained himself to account for the changes in battle created by the advent of Iso-8. As a result, his Spider-Sense ability has altered.

Spider-Sense - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect his team. If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one when his team matches Purple tiles. New Protect tile Strength is based on the number of Web tiles in play.
Level 2: Creates up to 2 Purple Protect tiles.
Level 3: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%
Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles.
Level 5: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sweet, Spider-Man Classic certainly needed an insane buff to make up for his lackluster skills :psyduck:

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Spider-Man should be a 4* at this point. Holy poo poo.

In related news, it happened. I have a 5/5/3 bag man. Had a lot of duplicate covers but I got the elusive final purple. Maybe one day they give him a once over like they did spidey.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Hahaha that spider man buff is hilarious.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Spider-Man should be a 4* at this point. Holy poo poo.

Ragnarok should be, too. Hell, he should be 5* with his ridiculous semi-permanent 200% bonus.

(My Spidey is still at 0/0/2 :saddowns:)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ragnarok and Spiderman are pretty much god-tier.

Invisible Woman doesnt look as useless as I initially thought, but definitely not super powerful as a 4* rating might suggest either. Her Green power drops immovable force bubbles. Tiles move under it, but the bubbles stay in place above the board. They also prevent the tile under it from being moved. It can still be matched though, and it breaks the bubble if that happens. If there's bubbles on the board, the power detonates up to 3 of them, breaking a 3x3 area. I havent been able to test due to no blue power, but it looks like blue drops bubbles and locks a tile in place? Those bubbles probably also detonate. Yellow looks interesting because it can keep low health characters in play longer, but then you end up with two utility characters on the team. I suppose if she's the most fragile on the team that could be an annoying power, but yeah I dunno.

Once powered up, I guess she'll be around the IM40 tier. Not an urgent threat, but can end you if you're not paying attention.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Ghostlight posted:

They said it runs on the same servers and will be cross-platform, so it's IAP.
Do they police IAP hacking? If this is going to be cross-platform, they'll probably need something since it will be much easier to do that on the PC since you don't need a jailbreak.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Patch notes: Purple Spider-Men are now not worthless trash. Sorry Bullseye, you just had your shtick stolen and then outclassed.

I think maybe 3/5/5 would be the thing to shoot for with him now? I think I'm glad my Spidey is only 3/0/3 so far. New Purple looks great.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Boy I'm sure glad I haven't gotten a fourth yellow Spider-Man cover yet. I'm feeling even better about my eventual Ragnarok, Grey Widow, Spider-Man team. Now I just have to exercise some patience and resist the urge to spend money on making it happen.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

delfin posted:

We have Patch Notes:

Now we just need a patch! Still no black cover showing in CBW's info so I figure it hasn't dropped yet. Well, for New Zealand app store atleast.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

WetSpink posted:

Now we just need a patch! Still no black cover showing in CBW's info so I figure it hasn't dropped yet. Well, for New Zealand app store atleast.

Nah, it hasn't dropped yet. It will be pretty swell when it does so I can stop picking the wrong drat people for special guest events.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Jibo posted:

Nah, it hasn't dropped yet. It will be pretty swell when it does so I can stop picking the wrong drat people for special guest events.

It's there now

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Naturally, my Spider-Man is 5/4/3.

At some point they need to put a de-spec option in for the cost of an upgrade, just for characters like this that've been upgraded long after creation. (Not that I'm going to cry over a 5/5/3 Spidey; after Spider-Sense being useless for a long while anything I get from it is a bonus now.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Invisible Woman doesnt look as useless as I initially thought, but definitely not super powerful as a 4* rating might suggest either. Her Green power drops immovable force bubbles. Tiles move under it, but the bubbles stay in place above the board. They also prevent the tile under it from being moved. It can still be matched though, and it breaks the bubble if that happens. If there's bubbles on the board, the power detonates up to 3 of them, breaking a 3x3 area. I havent been able to test due to no blue power, but it looks like blue drops bubbles and locks a tile in place? Those bubbles probably also detonate. Yellow looks interesting because it can keep low health characters in play longer, but then you end up with two utility characters on the team. I suppose if she's the most fragile on the team that could be an annoying power, but yeah I dunno.

Once powered up, I guess she'll be around the IM40 tier. Not an urgent threat, but can end you if you're not paying attention.
They work like other skills where Spider-Man and Venom both create the same web tiles through different skills. So Blue would be your intended bubble-dropper, and Green is the detonator switch that also drops a bubble(s) if there isn't one so that it isn't completely worthless on its own (kind of like how OG Widow's Blue heals if it can't increase countdown timers)

Her 4-star rating means that the only characters with a higher max HP than her are X-Wolverine, IM40, and Ragnarok, so even though she's support she won't be fragile for very long.

Al Baron posted:

Do they police IAP hacking? If this is going to be cross-platform, they'll probably need something since it will be much easier to do that on the PC since you don't need a jailbreak.
There were people hacking it without consequence shortly after it came out of Oceanic Preview. I don't think they suffered any consequences - although I imagine the PC would introduce a lot more simply through ease of access to files and tools. Hopefully it doesn't open pandora's box.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
So I restarted a couple of weeks ago after a few days of squandering my intro points on bagman upgrades/etc by deleting the app and re-downloading.

Now all of a sudden that old save is the active one on my game, while i keep getting taunting messages of my double-shot team getting attacked. sent a message to support, but anyone know if there's some kind of local data I can futz with to get rid of the old stuff?

edit: on ios

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

One minor drawback of the new patch: If you have a single-cover version of the guest villain in a lightning round, it will now default to your own version, even though you'd rather use the rental due to free healing. For the other 95% of the time, it's awesome of course.

Suddenly my 1/0/3 Spider-Man is looking better :) Still hoping to hit that elusive blue cover, of course.

The PC beta has already spoiled the mobile version for me - it could be my old-rear end device, but matches go sooo much slower on mobile. The animations on PC might even be a little *too* fast, but you can basically play as fast as you can spot moves, rather than waiting for powers to resolve. Account linkage can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shwqa posted:

Welcome to the tier top level. I have play for 30 minutes straight in PVP and not use a single healing pack. Wolverine rocks like that.

Yeah, but what about the second match? :v:

Hah, Wolverine team slam. :iceburn: