Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I thought the WCW Pinata on a Pole match was an interesting commentary on the Mexican working class struggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There was that time Chyna got sexually assaulted by Mark Henry? I feel as if that was a really classy story about a wo-

Okay no wrestling is terrible.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Bryan Alvarez is asking for feedback from anyone who watched The Miz Stole Christmas or whatever it was called.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jubs posted:

Bryan Alvarez is asking for feedback from anyone who watched The Miz Stole Christmas or whatever it was called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Domalom posted:

New Attitude Era podcast Owen Hart special. A look at 5 of his best matches and other stuff.
https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/aepodcast-is-owen

This is actually really good even if a departure from their usual comedy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ch3cooh posted:

This is actually really good even if a departure from their usual comedy.

It's heartwarming to listen to since both Adam and Billy haven't watched much Owen Hart stuff beforehand, and the entire episode just becomes all three just marking out for Owen :unsmith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

It's heartwarming to listen to since both Adam and Billy haven't watched much Owen Hart stuff beforehand, and the entire episode just becomes all three just marking out for Owen :unsmith:

I am just glad they did not do Over the edge. There is nothing that they could make fun of at that PPV as Owen's death overshadows everything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Endorph posted:

There was that time Chyna got sexually assaulted by Mark Henry? I feel as if that was a really classy story about a wo-

Okay no wrestling is terrible.

Also Piggie James, which kinda got retrodden a little later with Kaitlyn and AJ.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I think Euro Pisscast should be a thing. We should make it a thing

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
I listened to the entire Pisscast.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Space Cob posted:

I listened to the entire Pisscast.

Me too!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Hey go for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey the Daniel Bryan episode of The Stone Cold Podcast is up! :woop:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

e: whoops wrong thread

Jazzed about that podcast though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to Stone Cold Steve Austin and Daniel Bryan discussing alternative interpretations of Origin of the Species :allears:

Bryan: The ice caps are melting!
Austin: That worries me!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Going over the latest 10 count now. Felt a little rusty. Ask more real questions!!!!!!

Goog & MRP go for 20 minutes in topic 2. Me and KFG are practically silent the whole time. Not editing any of that topic. Just throwing it out there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If you don't do a Christmas show whose theme music is Fairytale of New york, you're a spineless hack :mad:

Otherwise, have at it. I'm trying to bring back Worked Shoot Radio with a new cohost, so we'll have, like, six podcasts at that point for this tiny-rear end forum.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hey ya'll. This was a weird episode. Topic 2 once again is very long. It is December so here comes the christmasy intros!!!

THE 10 COUNT - GETTING (TRYING) BACK INTO THE GROOVE

Topics

1.) WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Davey Richards
2.) Our dictator Goog & the MassRafTer talk 20 MINUTES on: Is Daniel Bryan a draw? If not, whose fault is it?
3.) Raw? Sort of RAW. Also the LINEAGE OF THE WHC!
4.) From Jubs: Why have you (HulkaMatt) not read any of the book?
5.) From Wazzu: What is the future of the Shield? Is WWE stupid for seemingly positioning Roman Reigns as the big breakout star of the group?
6.) From flashy mcflash: What if Brock Lesnar had gone to WCW instead of OVW/WWE?
7.) From Draga: what wrestler, past or present, has the best hair?
8.) From I Before E: Would WWE be better off if they fired Ryback and replaced him with Michael Elgin?
9.) From Memento: What wrestlers do the best versions of some basic moves?
10.) From NienNunb: What matches would you book for a supershow featuring WWF and AJPW workers...in 1999?

Image talked about in Topic 3

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 3, 2013

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

yes please. what would one need? A skype login and ability to chat for three to four hours?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Pisscast and 10 Count question:

The scenario: You're the person who's in charge of playing entrance music for RAW. During the contract signing, you decide you're going to end your life at the end of the night. So there's no repercussions for what you do.

1. Which entrance theme would you personally want to play to interrupt Cena's monologue?

2. Which entrance theme would you play to get the biggest WTF reaction from the crowd?

One would think Benoit, but would a lot of the crowd even know what his theme was? WWE has done a good job keeping him away from any newer fans. Could "Latino Heat" blaring from the speakers could be another potential choice.

3. Which entrance theme would you play to get the biggest pop from the crowd?

This one has a lot of choices. Hulk Hogan might be good because he hasn't been around for awhile. Nothing gets the crowd more hyped than hearing that glass shatter for Austin. "If you smell what the Rock is cooking?" always sends chills down peoples spines. The thought of Brock Lesnar randomly coming in to F5 everybody would sure excite the crowd.

Keep in mind that the wrestlers won't actually come out. The song will interrupt Cena and keep playing until security can forcibly remove you from your work area.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

10 Count: Randy Orton's stupid beard is really really bad. What other facial hair in wrestling has been nearly or equally as really really bad?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punchcast: is there an angle, backstage drama or something other than a personal circumstance that could make you drop wrestling as a hobby forever? In other words, what would wrestling have to do to lose you as a fan?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The Dynamic Duo posted:

"They need to give him something clever."

"Well you're not going to get that, Dave."

"I know it!"

Their despair is delightful.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Steve Austin: "Having gone down to Mexico to film reality shows, I became fascinated with lucha libre, and appreciate the in-ring ability but don't understand the psychology. Can you explain it?"

Daniel Bryan: "Absolutely not, I don't understand it either."

*both laugh*

:allears:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Steve Austin: "Having gone down to Mexico to film reality shows, I became fascinated with lucha libre, and appreciate the in-ring ability but don't understand the psychology. Can you explain it?"

Daniel Bryan: "Absolutely not, I don't understand it either."

*both laugh*

:allears:

I love that regal is just as baffled by it as Bryan and SCSA. Now I really want a video podcast of Daniel Bryan and William Regal watching lucha and trying to talk through the psychology.

E: is the barking dog in the background asparagus? Because if it is :smith: of all :smith: 's

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ch3cooh posted:

I love that regal is just as baffled by it as Bryan and SCSA. Now I really want a video podcast of Daniel Bryan and William Regal watching lucha and trying to talk through the psychology.

E: is the barking dog in the background asparagus? Because if it is :smith: of all :smith: 's

It's probably Brie's dog. They live together now, and she has a lil' dog. Might have also been Steve's dog.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
I now listen to more PSP podcast audio than watch wrestling video.

I don't know what this means.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm really glad Dave & Bryan are keeping me updated on Paul Walker's death and what that means for the Fast & Furious franchise.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Space Cob posted:

I now listen to more PSP podcast audio than watch wrestling video.

I don't know what this means.

it means the pisscast is the wrestlemania of podcasts.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

I Before E posted:

it means the pisscast is the wrestlemania 4 of podcasts.

That's better, yes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's better, yes.

The day you guys start selling Pisscasts on double-VHS sets is the day I can die happily.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

That's better, yes.

It lasts longer than you want it to but you're never (EVER) bored. This analogy is accurate.

NienNunb posted:

The day you guys start selling Pisscasts on double-VHS sets is the day I can die happily.

Good I hope you do because you're not getting a dime from this brilliant idea.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Left for your comments, Pisscasters:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/07/in-rapidly-aging-japan-adult-diaper-sales-are-about-to-surpass-baby-diapers/277706/

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Red is Dead posted:

yes please. what would one need? A skype login and ability to chat for three to four hours?

I dunno. Manflurry, can you PM me the specifics?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Oh after Raw last night I can't wait for Pisscast.

Although I get the feeling they're trying to get me to stop listening after last week.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh after Raw last night I can't wait for Pisscast.

Although I get the feeling they're trying to get me to stop listening after last week.

I can't imagine where you'd get that idea.

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ch3cooh posted:

Which reminds me, Austin started talking about a long podcast he did with Regal, which freaked me out since I hadn't heard it and thought maybe I'd missed it. Turns out Austin lost the recording (:cripes:) and is trying to organize Regal to come back so they can do it again, only Regal doesn't really believe him and thinks it's all a rib.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone listen to Jericho's podcast yet or is it the waste of time I suspect it is?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

I dunno. Manflurry, can you PM me the specifics?

Thankfully, Skype has eased off of its recent announcement that it was effectively killing off it's desktop client, thereby killing off call recorders entirely. So, at least for now, if you want a simple setup, all you need is Skype and a call recorder. I use CallGraph, which is lightweight and simple enough, but there are dozens of options.

Some people actually record their local audio in Audacity, have everyone do the same on their end while on a call, and then merge the audio levels together. This is obviously pretty risky if someone fucks up like HulkaMatt probably does, but if done right leads to a better overall sound, since you can normalize each track independently.

So to go back, yes, all you need is Skype and a call recorder. Hopefully someone knows at least rudimentary editing, as well, and can fix things up in Audacity or your editor of choice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave and Bryan arguing over whether hitting a man with a drum was violent, and Dave conceding that hitting someone with a guitar might be was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Thankfully, Skype has eased off of its recent announcement that it was effectively killing off it's desktop client, thereby killing off call recorders entirely. So, at least for now, if you want a simple setup, all you need is Skype and a call recorder. I use CallGraph, which is lightweight and simple enough, but there are dozens of options.

Some people actually record their local audio in Audacity, have everyone do the same on their end while on a call, and then merge the audio levels together. This is obviously pretty risky if someone fucks up like HulkaMatt probably does, but if done right leads to a better overall sound, since you can normalize each track independently.

So to go back, yes, all you need is Skype and a call recorder. Hopefully someone knows at least rudimentary editing, as well, and can fix things up in Audacity or your editor of choice.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll round up some troops and run a few tests to see if we can actually gas about wrestling for any length of time and see what it sounds like

• Locked thread