Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of weird because he's going to have to slim down again for 22 Jump St. You'd think he's rich enough to not slip back like that.

As I thought I heard, he wasn't getting roles because audiences liked fat jonah better than slim jonah. Kind of sad to be typecast as unhealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Autechresaint posted:

As I thought I heard, he wasn't getting roles because audiences liked fat jonah better than slim jonah. Kind of sad to be typecast as unhealthy.

He was good in Punisher War Zone :unsmith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Nothing was good in Punisher War Zone.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Now this is how you do a re-release poster.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Three new posters for Amazing Spider-Man 2. I guess this means he's up against 3 villains, and that the Green Goblin or the Hobgoblin will appear in the upcoming movie.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Holy poo poo is the Rhino supposed to be a mecha dog looking thing :stare:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looks like an inFamous crossover!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

BonoMan posted:

Looks like an inFamous crossover!

inFamous is nowhere cool enough to headline Jamie Foxx.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Naga posted:

Holy poo poo is the Rhino supposed to be a mecha dog looking thing :stare:

Not since the creepy Twilight baby have I so wanted to see a version of the movie without the CGI. Paul Giamatti looks like he's going to be amazing.

Rhino boxers :laugh:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That was literally my exact reaction, I was so bummed we were going to get less Giamatti than I expected. At the very least I hope Green Gobbo is the one to get sidelined this time.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Who is the doofus in the hoodie? Is that supposed to be Electro?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus Christ, did they not learn their lesson? Too many villains was one of the main reasons Spider-Man 3 was so awful!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Who is the doofus in the hoodie? Is that supposed to be Electro?

Yes that's Jamie Foxx's Electro and it looks like Green Goblin will be Harry Osborn since that one close up of him in the Electro poster definitely looks like Dane DeHaan.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

This looks really stupid.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus Christ, did they not learn their lesson? Too many villains was one of the main reasons Spider-Man 3 was so awful!

Yeah, but Spider-Man 3 was also perversely entertaining in a way that only trainwrecks tend to be.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, but Spider-Man 3 was also perversely entertaining in a way that only trainwrecks tend to be.
Maybe, but without James Franco to blurt out "I KNOW THAT FACE!", this will probably break new ground in managing lower quality.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Darthemed posted:

Maybe, but without James Franco to blurt out "I KNOW THAT FACE!", this will probably break new ground in managing lower quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD_pVNIcgg0

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Waffleman_ posted:

While I would agree with you, I think the creators have learned their lesson- but it's that the villains can't be built up then killed off during the course of the movie. The original Spider-Man 1 and 2, introduced and killed off their villains during the course of the movie. 3 was crammed with too many villains but part of that was due to the fact that they had to be dispatched of by the end of the movie. Spider-man 3's criminal mistake was introducing Venom in the last act, when he should have turned into Venom at the end of the movie. If the "dark Spider-Man" portion was less goofy and more... dark- it could have made for a great last act. Instead both stories got smooshed together. Venom gets killed as fast as he's introduced and the whole thing suffers for it.

I think this Spider-Man iteration will learn from that mistake and simply introduce these new villains where eventually we will get The Sinister Six

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Looking at IMDB, he does a lot of voice work these days. He's been on TV a couple times since losing the weight as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Absolutely gorgeous.

Three new posters for Amazing Spider-Man 2. I guess this means he's up against 3 villains, and that the Green Goblin or the Hobgoblin will appear in the upcoming movie.

I know that suppose to be the Rhino, but he looking a lot like Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Revengeance.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Rhino-shaped robot enemy.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Going by that image alone that's a pretty lovely Rhino. Rhinos are loving bulky bruisers, not sleek, lean, leapers. "Beware the menace of -- The Greyhound!"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

I know that suppose to be the Rhino, but he looking a lot like Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Revengeance.

I would be perfectly fine if MG:R wound up being as influential as Mass Effect when it came to movie art direction.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So it's Spider-man versus a Zord. Great.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I was kinda hoping it was just going to be Paul Giamatti in a goofy rhino suit:

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

One new poster for the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Edit: gently caress, beaten!

Oh well, here are some posters for the French-Canadian film Starbuck (2011) and its various remakes.

bowser fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 4, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I would be perfectly fine if MG:R wound up being as influential as Mass Effect when it came to movie art direction.

I brought this up in the Greenlit thread that that post-apocalyptic Zorro movie, if it ever gets made, should get a hold of Yoji Shinkawa (or Yong-Hee Cho, who apparently was another character designer on MG:R) and make Zorro fit the ReVengeance vibe that the test trailer had.

bowser posted:

One new poster for the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Looking at Rhino-bot, he's got chaingun feeds coming out of him or the drum on his back. In addition, he seems to be farting brass casings out from behind him. Yet, I see no guns.

Lame, poster, lame.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

This looks really stupid.

Welcome to superhero movies.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

A Hollywood movie isn't complete without a big grey CG lump for the hero to fight. The fact that Paul Giamatti is somehow inside of it still has me intrigued.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Hey guys! Just gonna leave this here...

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Vagabundo posted:

Absolutely gorgeous.

How will they balance it? Spider-Man 3 suffered because of multiple villains.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

How will they balance it? Spider-Man 3 suffered because of multiple villains.

Dark Knight Rises had 4-5 villains depending on what you think of Catwoman for the first act of the movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheJoker138 posted:

Now this is just straight up blasphemy :colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Now this is just straight up blasphemy :colbert:

If I wanted to watch a cheesy 80's action movie of The Punisher I'd watch the actual cheesy 80's action movie version of it. Not that neon nightmare with a lovely script and worse acting.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

TheJoker138 posted:

Wrong. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF28ceFJJ3A

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No, he was a decent character in the comics. In the movie he was a stupid punchline to a stupid joke and didn't add anything other than that. He sucked.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Robert Denby posted:

Now this is how you do a re-release poster.

Hot drat, I want to buy this here movie poster.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

I'm a sucker for movie posters with an in-universe bent, so I would have liked to have seen Catching Fire posters done from the perspective of the Capitol. Jennifer Lawrence broodingly about to fire an arrow with the bird logo in the back is ok, but core to the story is how Katniss is faking a likability aspect. Jennifer Lawrence is a stone cold fox, and I think propagandist posters of her being fake-bubbly and dressed to the nines would have been interesting. Instead, most of the posters are "Stare at camera, brood, wearing a wetsuit."

MikeJF posted:

Catching Fire had a bunch of official in-universe posters. There were a couple of posters for the 'victory tour' that were very fascist-propaganda-esque, and there was a series of character posters that were done in the style of portrait poses. I'll dig them up when I get home.

The marketing company knocked it out of the park and then had the studio pick the compulsory boring choice that they had to make. It's a drat shame.

Here's a gallery of the portrait-style character posters that are I guess less exciting than wetsuits

Here's the teaser posters:

And this is the other general movie poster that they don't seem to be using much because generic posters with a logo and a face are totally much better:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 4, 2013

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If they had to make Rhino into a robot/combat-suit they should've gone with a Killdozer approach, one that had a viewport where you could watch Giamatti gnash his teeth. No one does teeth-gnashing better than Giamatti.

Most of those seated Hunger Games posters look really Photoshop-y, although still far better than most posters.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Dick Trauma posted:

If they had to make Rhino into a robot/combat-suit they should've gone with a Killdozer approach, one that had a viewport where you could watch Giamatti gnash his teeth. No one does teeth-gnashing better than Giamatti.

Most of those seated Hunger Games posters look really Photoshop-y, although still far better than most posters.

They're supposed to be propaganda posters so the photoshopping fits pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

Was just checking the Wikipedia article on Spike Lee's Oldboy, and there's some bad news and some good news in regards to the Juan Luis Garcia story. Bad news is (and sorry if this has already been posted, didn't see it while reading this thread) that Lee doubled down and [url=http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/28/why-dont-you-pay-me-for-your-stupid-text-on-thanksgiving-day-spike-lee-digs-deep/]actually said Garcia should pay him[/ur] for the offense of sending him a letter on Thanksgiving. In Lee's defense, it seems like an indignant "If anything HE'S the one in the wrong!" reaction, rather than a serious call for Garcia to give him money.

The good news is that Oldboy is loving bombing and didn't even make back 5% of its budget in its first weekend.

You just know this is going to end at some point with Spike blaming the bombing of the movie on that guy's posters.

e: Oldboy was only in 580 theaters so, while the average was still poo poo, it's a bit misleading to give the budget percentage stat

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Hey guys! Just gonna leave this here...

My girlfriend's dad bought this at a bike rally a couple weeks ago and I watched about 25 minutes of it waiting for her to get ready one night and it was the biggest loving piece of poo poo I have ever seen.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 4, 2013