Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

quote:

The first theme was "The Funny Things You Do", composed by Dan Slider and performed by Jill Colucci, who also wrote the lyrics with Stewart Harris.
THIS EPISODE IS FULL OF HOLES

But seriously, I love Lauren Lapkus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Bless you, Jason Mantzoukas, for referencing your "experience with side-by-sides" on How Did This Get Made this week. You and Scott are keeping that alive, even if you only occasionally remember what it means/refers to.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What does it mean?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You may remember that Chip Gardner is campaigning to be elected Honorary Mayor of Hollywood

...and that he had sexual reassignment surgery, either by mistake or by prank, and though he couldn't reverse it he went back and had the doctors give him both a penis and a vagina.

Side by Side.

(Hail Satan!)

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I identify as a side-by-side.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You also get access to a secret menu.

binwin711
Oct 18, 2013
Oh man. The new ep with Birbiglia and Small is great. Brendon not being able to pull off his character was amazing.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I love it when Gino is on. He's the best (male) intern.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hope Gino and Wompler are on together someday. Maybe Gino can teach Marissa about radiopodcast silence.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Gino, Wompler, whatever Lapkus' intern is called (probably Tracy) and introducing PFT as "inappropriately old intern." Book it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I'd love Horatio Sanz as well, I get a lot of "Beef over" vibes from Gino and I think they would mesh pretty well.

Beef: not happening anymore

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

crimedog posted:

I love it when Gino is on. He's the best (male) intern.

You mean Louise?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Gino, Wompler, whatever Lapkus' intern is called (probably Tracy) and introducing PFT as "inappropriately old intern." Book it.

Tracy is the stand-up comedienne who has trouble figuring out what the deal is with all those old washing machines on her porch.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

Bless you, Jason Mantzoukas, for referencing your "experience with side-by-sides" on How Did This Get Made this week. You and Scott are keeping that alive, even if you only occasionally remember what it means/refers to.

I caught that and thought it was great, Chip Gardner was one of my favorite episodes of all time.

I think I'll go tweet Jason my approval.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

little munchkin posted:

Tracy is the stand-up comedienne who has trouble figuring out what the deal is with all those old washing machines on her porch.

No, that's Nancy Cooper. Traci Reardon ("Twacy Weawdon") is the Dairy Queen employee who just started hanging out at the studio because her brother worked there. She and Wompler were both on the 4th Anniversary show, Marissa was not happy with potentially being replaced.

Gino continues to be a really fun addition to the intern pool. I'm consistently impressed at how comfortable Garbus is portraying him, because he never seems to need to pause or slow down when he's in character.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 5, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Also Tracy was the name of the college student who went to Italy and may have been a prostitute while she was there.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Gabrus does become that character really well; I saw someone tweet at Scott saying they thought he was a real person for half the episode, which I can totally believe.

I love that both the episodes this week feature characters who start singing but then break up laughing one line in.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

How are u posted:

I think I'll go tweet Jason my approval.

Jason's...not on twitter you guys

(I'm sure you know, I just love the way he says it every time)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
fyi Jon Gabrus is also on today's I4H with Seth Morris aka Bob Ducca and it's pretty hilarious.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
That Cards Against Humanity ad at the top has me now wondering if podcast ads are cheaper than I'd thought, if CAH is bigger than I'd thought, or both.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's the latter, I'm afraid.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I actually like CAH, so that's kinda good news, but I'd always perceived it as this kinda niche thing among the really hardcore gaming people. Kinda shocked me to hear them being advertised on CBB.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
The Cards Against Humanity base set has been in the top 3 best sellers for Toys and Games on Amazon for a year and a half now.

CAH is doing pretty good these day.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
CAH is an easy way for terribly unfunny people to make themselves feel like they are comedic geniuses.
They just did a Black Friday sale where they sneeringly raised the price by $5, generating a significant number of sales.

It is very popular.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Anyway, this episode was really funny and Gabrus is as quick in character as Tompkins.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I was really impressed with Brendon Small juggling two characters who were freely conversing with each other. I can't imagine that transitioning between the Weird European voice from Home Movies and the Blind Blues Guitar Instructor from Metalocalypse is easy, but drat if he didn't do a great job of it, (aside from that brief moment when he forgot to make Tiny's voice deep.) Though I suppose he did cheat by having Victor incapable of speech for extended periods as the episode went on.

I'm hoping he'll be back in relatively short order to do a CBB character using the voice/character of Charles Ofdensen. That mild Midwestern Plains accent paired with a world-weary, skeptical and understatedly irate personality has always worked for me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I play cards against humanity with my friends sometimes, but we just use cut pieces of paper and make up our own cards.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The most unfunny and douchey people I know are really into cards against humanity for some reason, seems like they are posting a "hilarious" nazi/holocaust card every other day on facebook. Never actually played the game though, seems like it could be fun.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Lotta crazy-strong feelings about a game to play while drinking.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast - Opinions about Cards Against Humanity and Tim Heidecker

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
I was super psyched to see Brendon Small on the guest list so soon after he was last on and double-psyched when I realized he was gonna be doing a character. I hope it's the start of a trend, since the last CBB he was on before the one a few weeks ago was a couple of years back. I love to see him really getting into the spirit of the show since I love his work and think he's hilarious but has always seemed to me in other interviews like he's a little on the irritable side.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

No, that's Nancy Cooper. Traci Reardon ("Twacy Weawdon") is the Dairy Queen employee who just started hanging out at the studio because her brother worked there. She and Wompler were both on the 4th Anniversary show, Marissa was not happy with potentially being replaced.

Relistening to the episode where she was introduced to brush up on CBB-lore, it's remarkable how well Adam Brody got on with a fictional teenager. They're really sympatico!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Brendon Small did do a really good job in this episode, reminded me of Paul F Tompkin's appearances where he played all of a 4 man panel on Doug Loves Movies (or his Great Unfinished Project bits I suppose). And yeah, Adam Brody was brilliant for a first time guest and actual famous person (who's not associated with this kind of comedy). Should definitely be on again. Hell, bring Leighton Meester with him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This might be dumb, but I actually think it's a very interesting social concept when Scott, Mike, and Gino start talking about the American obsession with "justice".

I am gonna tweet Scott a bunch to get a completely serious spin-off podcast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Europeans getting 'understanding good TV' was pretty interesting, since I've noticed (with the help of a bunch of Reality Show Show episodes) that you tend to vote off the most fun contestants super early which is so dumb.

However Scotts reasoning that foreign countries vote for unequality since they're not used to being 'equal' was pretty :shobon:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't disagree that Americans are fixated on some concept of fairness or justice but I am pretty skeptical that it's particularly unique to the U.S. and his evidence that it is was pretty lacking.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Australian Big Brother was exactly the same as the US from what Scott described. I watched the first two seasons (like 10 years ago) and the first two winners were very boring, polite, uncontroversial, clean cut white men. No idea if things changed since then.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm English, in my experience the thirst for justice/expectation that something be fair is definitely a more American feeling (although I do hate to generalise) - tweeted that at Mike and got a fav (I'm so big time).

And more specifically Scott was kind of right about UK Big Brother - we do tend to keep the crazy awful people in longer until they become actively hateful, but a fairly middle of the road person tended to win. Never the most boring and pleasant but also never the most insane.

Here's Paul being funny

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Shelby Fero is a little puppy, someone put down a pad for her to tinkle on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The suffragits.