Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

ghost bones posted:

i think a lot of it comes from being too poor to actually afford the games in the first place

Oh. That's depressing but not the case for most goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
otherwise i'd guess the same autistic drive that pushes people to spend hundreds of dollars on a space game that doesn't even exist.

goons are dumb weirdos and like dumb weird things

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Whenever someone bitches in the games BF4 thread I'm reminded how much better the experience is with a squad of bros.

What overpowered attack boat? Focus fire that bitch.

I guess that would require goons to not be antisocial weirdos though :(

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

ghost bones posted:

otherwise i'd guess the same autistic drive that pushes people to spend hundreds of dollars on a space game that doesn't even exist.

goons are dumb weirdos and like dumb weird things

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Except for the new GBS I think Let's Play is the busiest forum on SA. I don't get it really, I've watched some a few of the ~Best LPers~ and it's really awkward sounding weirdos making weird jokes about games. I guess if you absolutely want to know every little secret in Metal Gear Solid but are too stupid to just play the drat game they're cool? Bonus of hearing a grown man talk about his dad telling him to lay off the games and him responding that it's work.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Whenever someone bitches in the games BF4 thread I'm reminded how much better the experience is with a squad of bros.

What overpowered attack boat? Focus fire that bitch.

I guess that would require goons to not be antisocial weirdos though :(

Vas was talking about this the other day and made a similar point. BF4 is a social game and you need to play it with friends. Playing it by yourself is stupid and frustrating, and playing with random goons isn't much better because they are goons and keep sperging out over poo poo. If you don't have a group of friends to play BF4 with you aren't going to have very much fun.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Oh. That's depressing but not the case for most goons.

I dunno sometimes I catch myself making fun of the goons who whine about $60 Steam games only going on sale for $14 and not $12 but I forget they're probably like 14 years old.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

gleep gloop posted:

Except for the new GBS I think Let's Play is the busiest forum on SA. I don't get it really, I've watched some a few of the ~Best LPers~ and it's really awkward sounding weirdos making weird jokes about games. I guess if you absolutely want to know every little secret in Metal Gear Solid but are too stupid to just play the drat game they're cool? Bonus of hearing a grown man talk about his dad telling him to lay off the games and him responding that it's work.

Vas was talking about this the other day and made a similar point. BF4 is a social game and you need to play it with friends. Playing it by yourself is stupid and frustrating, and playing with random goons isn't much better because they are goons and keep sperging out over poo poo. If you don't have a group of friends to play BF4 with you aren't going to have very much fun.

Since the first couple of days, I actually don't bother playing unless GIP or some other friends are on.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Finally booted up Forza 4. Did 10 laps of the Top Gear track in an Aston Martin DB5 :unsmith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Finally booted up Forza 4. Did 10 laps of the Top Gear track in an Aston Martin DB5 :unsmith:

There's a game with the Top Gear track? I need to buy a PS4 immediately.

Please tell me The Stig is in it. My petrolhead boner is hard as titanium right now.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Its extremely weird that people derive pleasure form watching other people play video games on streams or youtube videos. Its even weirder that people 'donate' money to them. Can someone explain this? I know there has to be someone in here that enjoys "Lets Play!".

I always look for LPs before I buy a game, but that applies more to obscure/older strategy sperg stuff, not the game-of-the-week Total War and FPS stuff that you guys seem to always buy on release.

LPs are interesting when they create a narrative in addition to whatever the narrative of the game might be. The LP subforum has a few of these- Dominions 3 Multiplayer LPs are full of diplomacy- and it's a complicated game, so you learn from watching others.
The current LP for Dominions 4 is rather boring because it's just one guy describing what multiple people did each turn. It's way more interesting when each individual is chiming in.

cKnoor does weekly LP..cast(?) sessions of Blood Bowl and has a regular cast of people who Skype-in and comment. So it's more like morning radio than an LP at times. Not for everyone, but it's not just "watch me play this game you own".

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Victor Vermis posted:

I always look for LPs before I buy a game, but that applies more to obscure/older strategy sperg stuff, not the game-of-the-week Total War and FPS stuff that you guys seem to always buy on release.

LPs are interesting when they create a narrative in addition to whatever the narrative of the game might be. The LP subforum has a few of these- Dominions 3 Multiplayer LPs are full of diplomacy- and it's a complicated game, so you learn from watching others.
The current LP for Dominions 4 is rather boring because it's just one guy describing what multiple people did each turn. It's way more interesting when each individual is chiming in.

cKnoor does weekly sessions of Blood Bowl and has a regular cast of people who Skype-in and comment. So it's more like morning radio than an LP at times. Not for everyone, but it's not just "watch me play this game you own".

look at this human being

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

some human being asked

this human being answered

human being.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Please tell me The Stig is in it. My petrolhead boner is hard as titanium right now.

it's on xbox only. no stig, but clarkson narrates the game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Uh dude the Xbox 360.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

some human being asked

this human being answered

human being.

This reads like the typical message I get on GFWL while playing Dark Souls.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Uh dude the Xbox 360.

GOD drat IT

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GOD drat IT

They're cheap as poo poo now. Forza 4 is equally cheap as poo poo. Boom there ya go.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

GT6 out tomorrow :toot:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

shyduck posted:

GT6 out tomorrow :toot:

Gran Turismo sucks hth

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Gran Turismo sucks hth

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Gran Turismo sucks hth

Gonna literally pay over a hundred real life dollars for a car, gently caress yes!!!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Gran Turismo sucks hth

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

eat my loving rear end, all of you

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

eat my loving rear end, all of you

don't be like that dude. i had beers with you like...a month ago. you were cool.

i did have a hotel room in walking distance if you're really into rimming, you missed out. :wink:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

OH NOW YOU TELL ME

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

GOD drat IT

Yeah, I should have prefaced that I guess. I've waited a long time until this game went on sale, because I hardly even game on the Xbox, but holy poo poo driving the test track owns (the standard driver p much looks like the stig to lol)

e: By on sale, I mean on discount. I ain't paying 50 bucks to drive through Gambon.

(I will pay 15 though :shobon:)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 6, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
is it true in GT5 you had to like just leave your console on for ACTUAL TWENTY FOUR HOUR RACES 0________o

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

genderstomper58 posted:

is it true in GT5 you had to like just leave your console on for ACTUAL TWENTY FOUR HOUR RACES 0________o

It was an elaborate scheme by the game developer to mine bitcoins.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Yeah, I should have prefaced that I guess. I've waited a long time until this game went on sale, because I hardly even game on the Xbox, but holy poo poo driving the test track owns (the standard driver p much looks like the stig to lol)

e: By on sale, I mean on discount. I ain't paying 50 bucks to drive through Gambon.

(I will pay 15 though :shobon:)

Start weening yourself off of the driver assists as soon as possible. Things like traction control, stability control, and auto breaking will slow you down.

I need to bust that game out again when I have some free time.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pkells posted:

Start weening yourself off of the driver assists as soon as possible. Things like traction control, stability control, and auto breaking will slow you down.

I need to bust that game out again when I have some free time.

I played Forza 2 and 3, but its been a drat long while. I know this real well.

On a side note: Holy poo poo Autovista is cool as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone wanna play payday 2, I finally bought it this past steam sale and it would be nice to play with someone who knows what they're doing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I played Forza 2 and 3, but its been a drat long while. I know this real well.

On a side note: Holy poo poo Autovista is cool as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Autovista is amazing. I wish he could have done every car in the game. I'd watch every one.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

genderstomper58 posted:

Yes.

GT5 was such a lovely reskin of GT4 it'd be hilarious if I hadn't fallen for it as well

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Autovista is amazing. I wish he could have done every car in the game. I'd watch every one.

Its one of the coolest things I've seen in a video game pretty much ever.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRbykAilPI

Again, just the first bit about the Aston is giving me a raging petrolhead boner.

700 loving horsepower. Driver actually backing off after hitting 220 mph. Puts my dinky 160 hp Dart to shame. I've gotten her up to 104 mph, still trying to find a time when certain stretches I84 are dead to try and hit the 131 mph limit where the governor kicks in.

God I love driving.

EBB fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 6, 2013

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Get yourself a 360 with F4. You'll love the poo poo out of it. Unlike the Gran Turismo series where everything is all super Japanese and clinical, F4 is all about how loving awesome cars are.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cars are loving awesome

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Get yourself a 360 with F4. You'll love the poo poo out of it. Unlike the Gran Turismo series where everything is all super Japanese and clinical, F4 is all about how loving awesome cars are.

Forza 4 is pretty much the only game I play on my 360 anymore. It's the best console racing game ever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

You have a pretty solid PC yea? Give Assetto Corsa a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0hPU2MXPPs

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRbykAilPI

Again, just the first bit about the Aston is giving me a raging petrolhead boner.

700 loving horsepower. Driver actually backing off after hitting 220 mph. Puts my dinky 160 hp Dart to shame. I've gotten her up to 104 mph, still trying to find a time when certain stretches I84 are dead to try and hit the 131 mph limit where the governor kicks in.

God I love driving.

Up until last year, 840 in Nashville was cutoff essentially (due to a huge chunk of the inbetween not being finished) and I hit 105 in my Subaru for shitsingiggles. I usually drive 4 over the speed limit.

e: But my favorite driving is 15mph in circles in the snow :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
All this forza love. We need a gip race this weekend, preferably drunk.

• Locked thread