Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

My argument for that is one of the biggest problems during the original BFA was no one could take a serious punch. You've seen Rollins take painful oversell suicide bumps where he lands on his head or his neck bends awkwardly. I think he would honestly survive a real deal fight better than most of the roster with just sheer adrenaline alone. My fantasy booking (or rather assumption of fictious events) stems from everything that happened in the first BFA and going off of that. And to be honest if you nerds really have a problem with my stupid opinions on a wrestling angle that will never happen wow I want your life because you obviously have nothing better to complain about.

oh my god please never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

My argument for that is one of the biggest problems during the original BFA was no one could take a serious punch. You've seen Rollins take painful oversell suicide bumps where he lands on his head or his neck bends awkwardly. I think he would honestly survive a real deal fight better than most of the roster with just sheer adrenaline alone. My fantasy booking (or rather assumption of fictious events) stems from everything that happened in the first BFA and going off of that. And to be honest if you nerds really have a problem with my stupid opinions on a wrestling angle that will never happen wow I want your life because you obviously have nothing better to complain about.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Alright, whatever. Your point was made. You hate me and I'm never allowed to have an opinion. Just leave me alone.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aww, Skunkrocker, aww. :(

Wrestlers aren't good in real fights beyond bar brawls as Brawl 4 All and everything Antonio Inoki ever booked involving MMA fighters going against wrestlers shows. It's a bad idea that has never worked out well for Wrestlers. That's why people are being mean ma poor wee baba.

Wrestlers Vs Boxers however...

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Skunkrocker posted:

Alright, whatever. Your point was made. You hate me and I'm never allowed to have an opinion. Just leave me alone.

I love you dearly skunkrocker And in all fairness the very premise of bringing back the Brawl for All is dumb as poo poo so we're really all idiots for talking about it at all.

But we probably would have stopped ages ago if not for you so, you know. . .

e: What you need to understand is that pro wrestling and Shoot fighting are completely different fields with completely different skill sets. Seth Rollins is great at pro wrestling, but just being able to bump like crazy doesn't amount to anything at all in an actual fight.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 5, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
A Brawl for All between all the midcard losers in the WWE would bring me back to watching, no lie

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bringing in washed up MMA guys to be jobbed out to Bryan however I'm all for.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

if you nerds really have a problem with my stupid opinions on a wrestling angle that will never happen wow I want your life because you obviously have nothing better to complain about.

Hi are you new here? We have plenty to complain about.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Punk's not dead!!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Hi are you new here? We have plenty to complain about.

It's pretty much the board's reason for existing. Well, and talking about how great PWG and New Japan are.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Big Dave posted:

Next was the Aces and 8s funeral. Samoa Joe, Angle, Magnus, Mike Tenay, Eric Young and Anderson were there. Anderson came out of the casket and said that Bully Ray’s ex-father-in-law and Brooke (meaning Hogan) sent over a deli plate. With the benefit of hindsight, wasn’t that Brooke Hogan thing the greatest.

I don't get it, is he talking about the deli thing or her whole participation in the angle?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Arbite posted:

I don't get it, is he talking about the deli thing or her whole participation in the angle?

I think he means this is somehow even worse by comparison if I'm reading it right.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think he means this is somehow even worse by comparison if I'm reading it right.

I'm reading it as "This sucked, and Brooke's deli plate was the best part. That's how bad it sucked."

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

In today's Observer newsletter, I learned that The Rock's mom still reads the observer.

quote:

Regarding the often-told story that Roland Alexander at one time babysat Dwayne Johnson, well, there is more to the story and it’s not exactly as it sounds. According to Ata Johnson, she and her family were casual friends with Roland Alexander when a neighbor introduced Alexander to them as their insurance man. He, of course, was a big fan who attended matches all the time in the Shire territory where Rocky Johnson was one of the headline stars. The two would talk at the arenas and even meet at the gym at times, but he never was a close friend or someone who came to their home. Alexander at the time was dating the daughter of the Johnson’s neighbor who introduced them. The daughter did babysit Dwayne for short periods of time, when Ata would leave for short errands or to go shopping, but never long periods of time. So last week, when Ata Johnson read the Observer, for the first time, she realized that her babysitter used to let Roland in the house while she was babysitting, hence he was also babysitting Dwayne, but Ata didn’t even know about it. She joked that after 40 years, Roland and her babysitter were just busted.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Arbite posted:

They spent a very long time building to a Bubba and Brooke vs. Hulk feud that was going to culminate in what for TNA passes as a big money match between Bubba and Hulk. Brooke Hogan imploded the angle right before the key point by getting engaged in real life and leaking it to all the celebrity outlets for coverage, which Hulk Hogan then used as his excuse to get out of the angle pretty much entirely. Then Brooke's real life engagement broke off almost immediately. Shocking how that all went.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Just listened to Austin interviewing Danielson... it was hilarious when he said something along the lines of "when you get to a position at the top, they'll never blame you when things go bad, it's always the other guy's fault"

Too true, Bryan.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
It's a great interview, and very interesting not only in content, but because you can hear and feel the respect that Austin has for Bryan. He sounded like a real fan.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Listen to the WO interview with JR if only for another tale of how Hodge was the strongest worker to ever work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jeffersonlives posted:

They spent a very long time building to a Bubba and Brooke vs. Hulk feud that was going to culminate in what for TNA passes as a big money match between Bubba and Hulk. Brooke Hogan imploded the angle right before the key point by getting engaged in real life and leaking it to all the celebrity outlets for coverage, which Hulk Hogan then used as his excuse to get out of the angle pretty much entirely. Then Brooke's real life engagement broke off almost immediately. Shocking how that all went.

Jesus Christ.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

Listen to the WO interview with JR if only for another tale of how Hodge was the strongest worker to ever work.

This. It's a great listen but it got depressing at the end when he was talking about how he doesn't think he'll have a chance at calling UFC or calling another pro wrestling match again.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jeffersonlives posted:

Hulk Hogan is ducking Bubba Ray Dudley. Hulk Hogan is the greatest.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lot of good stuff lately on WON/F4W, stone cold interview right around the corner as well

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress sake does the JR Observer show get any better coz 40 mins in all it is is old bullshit

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Are the VIP Cornette podcasts worth the $15 if I don't plan on listening to any Konnan stuff?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I might subscribe eventually but I've got too many podcasts as it is.

Free Cornette podcast with JR should be entertaining.
http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/jim-cornette-experience-4-jim-ross-part-1

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

oldskool posted:

Are the VIP Cornette podcasts worth the $15 if I don't plan on listening to any Konnan stuff?

You don't like the Konnan podcasts?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Oh my god, Dave is using Skype on Wrestling Observer Radio now.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ChampRamp posted:

Oh my god, Dave is using Skype on Wrestling Observer Radio now.

It doesn't last very long, sadly. I don't know if it is because he needs a better connection or just that Skype has been really weird lately and has been having a lot of problems. He was great on the Austin show.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I dunno how I missed the ending of last week's pisscast, but the fact that you didn't actually play any of the music you were talking about and instead just talked about it for like 23 minutes was super disappointing.

I'm not angry guys, just disappointed.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Memento posted:

I dunno how I missed the ending of last week's pisscast, but the fact that you didn't actually play any of the music you were talking about and instead just talked about it for like 23 minutes was super disappointing.

I'm not angry guys, just disappointed.

We try to avoid copyright infringement mostly and really I will make a Spotify list with so much Prog and link it in this thread and keep it curated to curry your favor. Please I'm sorry. Please.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

We try to avoid copyright infringement mostly and really I will make a Spotify list with so much Prog and link it in this thread and keep it curated to curry your favor. Please I'm sorry. Please.

I must admit I didn't think about copyright even for a second - iTunes would probably kick you straight off before their ninja lawyers "adjudicated" on you with shurikens.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Taz episode of Stone Cold's podcast was disappointing. What was there was interesting, but Taz spoke for roughly 30-35 minutes and they seemed to jump abruptly from subject to subject like they were either pressed for time or were editing out chunks of content. It was short enough that Austin bookended the interview with roughly 10-15 minutes either side of him answering fan questions. I far prefer it when Austin gets carried away and he and his guest end up spending an hour discussing one thing or just a brief period in a long career, realize they haven't touched on anything else and Austin asks them to come back another time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Punchpeople Podpersons:

How would the Monday Night Wars have been different if twitter (and smart phones, I guess) were around. Mostly twitter. I'm only including phones, because it's how twits are twatted.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Dear Punchsport Pisscasters.

What are some of the best comedy matches that you've seen?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Draga posted:

Dear Punchsport Pisscasters.

What are some of the best comedy matches that you've seen?

Quick answers:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xoay4a_joe-vs-evans-vs-delirious-vs-ebetaro_sport

Giant Tiger vs Colt Cabana from ISW's Boner Jam 1

And the granddaddy of em all:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v18135420YD9CNnkH

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
That JR interview was the worst commercial for a one-man show he could have done haha

I did love it when he offhandedly remarked that Vince hates seeing people eat with their hands.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

That JR interview was the worst commercial for a one-man show he could have done haha

I did love it when he offhandedly remarked that Vince hates seeing people eat with their hands.

Wait how does he eat his ketchup wraps?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wait how does he eat his ketchup wraps?

I, too, immediately wondered this. I assume with a fork and knife.

Or he has someone else feed it to him, so he doesn't have to soil his manicured hands.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol Vince is Frank Costanza IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Question for the pisscasters: If you could go back in time and re-start TNA, how would you make it a success? "Not starting it" is not a valid answer, but you do not have to associate with the Jarretts or Dixie Carter to run the business.

• Locked thread