Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Angry Diplomat posted:

Not as far as I can tell. Is it a planned addition? I'm not even sure how that'd work.

I think there's a microphone instrument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

LordSaturn posted:

1) How do I delete a character?

Go to your Starbound folder in Steam and there should be a folder called Player, go into it and delete the appropriate *.metadata, *.player, and *.shipworld files. (They won't be named after your character so you might have to open the .player file up and look near the top between the jibberish for the name.)

Of if you have one character, delete the 3 files.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Not as far as I can tell. Is it a planned addition? I'm not even sure how that'd work.

There was a video of it a while back. The characters basically sing 'la' in varying tones. It was ridiculously adorable.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Monster w21 Faces posted:

So I've got myself in a pickle. I loaded up my fuel cells with wood and transported to another planet. I've reached the planet but can't beam down, I just return to the teleporter pad. I also don't have enough fuel to go somewhere else. HELP!

You may need to join a multiplayer game and bum some fuel off another player.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Monster w21 Faces posted:

So I've got myself in a pickle. I loaded up my fuel cells with wood and transported to another planet. I've reached the planet but can't beam down, I just return to the teleporter pad. I also don't have enough fuel to go somewhere else. HELP!

This seems to be a bit of a bug with the new update. Just keep trying to teleport down, you'll eventually land on the planet.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Holy poo poo I am on the same world.

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

Kikas posted:

Holy poo poo I am on the same world.

Yea someone posted the coordinates for that system in this thread so I've been exploring it. I like exploring the coordinates that get posted! :3:

Daktar posted:

There was a video of it a while back. The characters basically sing 'la' in varying tones. It was ridiculously adorable.

Emong posted:

I think there's a microphone instrument.

Here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVSU8M3ETIg

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Reminds me of the minions from Despicable Me.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I found a harmonica today. Now I know what my new gimmick will be.

On a related note, Enya music played via harmonica is a horrific noise.

Edit: Oh god, Final Countdown :laffo:

Novasol fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 6, 2013

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
Just as I was wondering when I was going to find an instrument, I got a chest right on the surface with an accordion and lead guitar! :D

DarianX
Mar 18, 2009
So my Megaman level (from page 7) I finished it using some extra block shenanigens. It had a double jump tech at the end. The Apex lab is to the left of spawn a little ways, nothing tough spawned on it when I played the planet but I don't know if monster gen is random or with seed.

Alpha 10 Dra 01 I a
x 85254987 y 26637022

The electricity did hurt me contrary to one of the replies I got but it didn't do much damage. It's actually a fun little platforming dungeon.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
If anyone can find the entire ABC for Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love" I will love you forever.

VVV instead of stupid meta-thread drama, how about we post about starbound?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

A.C. posted:

FYI the other thread's OP is still actively posting and has an OP for post-beta:

Generally you should let the old OP repost the thread or ask them if it's okay for you to do it first :shobon:

Yeah, honestly. How come it's the people with only a dozen posts across two years in the old thread that always try and make a new thread? :rolleyes:

At least the last few asked me about my opinion first.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 6, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

So I feel stupid. How do I activate the Morphball tech? Yes, I've learned the blueprint/equipped it on my ship/have it selected. I still don't turn into flower-Samus. :(

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

No one seems to mind if you just steal all their furniture :shrug:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

holy poo poo that is awesome

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
So I just reached tier 3, and I see that there's all these new items to be made but... how do you get the material for it even? I have only seen platinum once in a lucky chest find, and titanium... no clue where to find it either.

Anyone know?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

There are some cool techs in the upper Tiers. :v:

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

limbohead posted:

I had awful fps until I did this: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/gaming/39417-fix-steam-thinks-its-running-compatibility-mode.html

Just remember to restart steam after you do it.

I don't think I ever got a message saying Steam was going to get compatibility settings applied to it, but I am running on Win7 x64, and all the tricks I've tried so far to help improve FPS have been marginal at best. Gonna give this a go when I get home tonight, thanks for posting!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it's pretty lame that you can spend so much time farming materials for a distress beacon only for an alien space ship to destroy literally everything you've built up.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

What else is an alien space ship going to do? At least you can be secure in the knowledge that all your stuff is going to be deleted every couple of weeks anyway.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dirty Job posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it's pretty lame that you can spend so much time farming materials for a distress beacon only for an alien space ship to destroy literally everything you've built up.

It does tell you to be ready for anything, you were not ready.

I went to another planet to test it out, but if I were doing it on my home planet, I'd build a big underground concrete bunker to live in first.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
What's the goal behind building the beacon / summoning aliens anyway? Do you continue to progress to a Bigger Beacon? I've seen a lot of people bitching about it but not anyone talking about what then happens.

Spoilers maybe, I dunno I'm just curious.

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

If it's not already this should be in the OP.

I'm seriously torn, I have two legendary 2 handed weapons, but shield requires a one handed weapon, and dear god a shield is such a lifesaver. If no one has tried one yet I highly recomend it. It blocks fire and bubble breath and brings rifle fire down to one damage while up.

I found a firey one handed sword that lights the area when swung (and the whole room when an enemy is on fire) I just light them and turtle up. I've been holding my own in a level 5 world with just the iron Floran armor

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
What kind of equipment should you have to face the UFO? I'm in silver armor but lvl 6+ stuff can still gently caress me up pretty quick. I haven't managed to find any good weapons at all either, they're all garbage. Stuck using a poopsword that poisons people.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009

As far as I can tell, you pretty much just need bombs, and luck. The UFO is a placeholder boss that's meant to be from much further on in the game, you just have to get stronger until you think you can take it, then try.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Stew Man Chew posted:

What's the goal behind building the beacon / summoning aliens anyway? Do you continue to progress to a Bigger Beacon? I've seen a lot of people bitching about it but not anyone talking about what then happens.

Spoilers maybe, I dunno I'm just curious.

When you kill it, it drops the material needed for the next level of anvil, which you can use to build the thing that lets you get to the Beta sector.

Mustang posted:

What kind of equipment should you have to face the UFO? I'm in silver armor but lvl 6+ stuff can still gently caress me up pretty quick. I haven't managed to find any good weapons at all either, they're all garbage. Stuck using a poopsword that poisons people.

I had full racial Iron armor + a 10 ArPen sniper from that planet that's in the gdoc.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Does anyone have any coordinates for the Microphone?
In any case, in the Beta Sector there is a Moon at -40803206 , 35049887 with a Flute and a Lead Guitar, edited the info into the google doc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dukeofdummies posted:

I found a firey one handed sword that lights the area when swung (and the whole room when an enemy is on fire) I just light them and turtle up. I've been holding my own in a level 5 world with just the iron Floran armor

In fairness, I can hold my own on a level 10 world with partial copper armor (or no armor) using a legendary bonehammer, defence is very helpful but being able to knock anything you hit flying with a shockwave if it doesn't kill them immediately tends to make most enemies fairly moot.

Shields are great but if you can dodge at all, a two handed weapon is probably better, unless you're fighting people with guns. Not getting hit because everything is dead/being launched into orbit tends to beat armor, given that healing is quite difficult.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Oh hey, if any of you wind up with a clunker of a starting world, this place is pretty neat:

Good amount of ore (including passable deposits of silver), lots of fairly deep cave systems, and a big ol' Glitch village not far to the left that has some weapons and musical instruments including (for me at least) a harp and harmonica.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It just occurred to me that I will no longer have access to my keytar when the saves reset...

I am filled with sorrow.

Also, I need to have the tabs for this song...

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Our space band just had a first rehearsal of our newest hit single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjxxXFS1yg

So I guess this game is alright.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Is it just me or are random cave systems completely bare-bones? I spent about 3 hours playing across several planets, and it seemed like no cave system was very long, and the most I got out of them was surface ores and those little things you break for 5-10 pix. Just walking across the surface was better in basically every aspect.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Haha i don't know where this Snow Infantry set came from but it's literally 3x as powerful as iron racial stuff soooo here I go.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
For those of you who are still noobish, but wish to go to cool places:

It's a desert planet, decent wood and coal. Iron on the surface in abundance, and if you head to the left there's a Glitch Merchant and then a cool Glitchy Futuristic Pyramid thingy. Seems big.

{fake edit] While I'm poastin'... how the hell do I switch my nav map to Beta Sector? Do I have to accomplish anything first?

Attention Horse posted:

Our space band just had a first rehearsal of our newest hit single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjxxXFS1yg

So I guess this game is alright.

I love you forever.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 6, 2013

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Feenix posted:

{fake edit] While I'm poastin'... how the hell do I switch my nav map to Beta Sector? Do I have to accomplish anything first?

I believe that is part of the point of constructing the distress beacon. Your ship cannot transit between sectors by default.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

Is it just me or are random cave systems completely bare-bones? I spent about 3 hours playing across several planets, and it seemed like no cave system was very long, and the most I got out of them was surface ores and those little things you break for 5-10 pix. Just walking across the surface was better in basically every aspect.

I once found a somewhat long cavern made out of meat and bone located under a desert planet. There was some iron here and there, but I did find some gold near the bottom and that's the only place I've ever seen it other than chests. I don't know if Gold even spawns on the surface, and I've never, ever seen platinum or diamonds anywhere ever.

Also I have a quick question; How the hell do you survive on a Moon biome without building campfires every five feet? Is there a parka you can make or something to survive extreme cold temperatures?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Of all the ships I have come across, none are quite as unique as mine:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How do you know saves reset tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I see endless hours of fun in my future.

• Locked thread