Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can't edit the spreadsheet due to too many users so I'll just post here

x sector
83829404 -64473228

gamma lambda cen 9584 III threat 38

Go left and finish the hazard course for the targeted blink tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Avocados posted:

I completely wiped out a prisoner colony and all of those dudes pretty much had guns. But not a single gun drop occurred. Whats the best way to get them?
Right now, the best/only? way to get guns is to buy them from Avian air pirates.
The Coordinate Doc has a few places you can find them at different tiers.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHix192pKvjA2Q5PSuU7zNMuaRxqN2B1N718t4FWmwk/edit?usp=sharing

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

A.C. posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal with Gravity Bubble is? It seems to cost Energy for some players but mine does not, allowing literally infinite flight.

I think it has to do with the energy stat on armor. I also have infinite Gravity Bubble use with Knight armor but if I start to swap it for the new warmth gear then I see it start to use up energy.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Shukaro posted:

If you guys build a free-standing structure following this style I'll turn it into a ship for you.

Or make it in photoshop or whatever doesn't matter

New pages are my nemesis today.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gamerofthegame posted:

He was a shopkeep who would have sold you stims and a wizard hat, actually.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How? I pressed E in front of him and everything.

The chest in his MY castle had some Stims in it at least.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Speaking of said awesome warmth armor, may its current awesome state rest in peace:

quote:

Coming tonight..

- Major work has gone into making the game work correctly onto windows XP (done, needs testing)

- Fixed (nerfed sorry), Snow infantry armor (done)

- Make matter blocks discover-able in a new dungeon (done)

- Experimenting with a new leveling/damage/armor curve (Thank you to Chewymouse) (done, needs testing)

- Complete ore rebalance (working on it)

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Tatum Girlparts posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Would you share the coords for this? I'd like to stock up on stims.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I think he's lowering the armor amount on it, and not the warmth amount. In its current state, there is no reason to NOT use it when it's better than silver. Might be better than gold, but I don't have gold showing up.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

IAmTheRad posted:

I think he's lowering the armor amount on it, and not the warmth amount. In its current state, there is no reason to NOT use it when it's better than silver. Might be better than gold, but I don't have gold showing up.

Oh yeah, I imagine that's what it is. It's outrageous but drat will I miss it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Windows xp support. Christ.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is there a a type of armor I'm missing after silver but before gold? Gold armor is going to take a lot of hours to farm up to get ready for T2 content.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Found a Glitch in a robe and wizard hat in a small castle on my desert planet. He didn't do anything for me or turn hostile.

So I killed him and moved into his castle.

Now I'm King Monkey.

My only regret is that he didn't drop the robe and hat.

You can actually get the robe and hat, so now the search is on.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

dvorak posted:

You can actually get the robe and hat, so now the search is on.

I have the hat and the top half of the robe, but not the "pants" for the robe.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

rhoga posted:

Would you share the coords for this? I'd like to stock up on stims.

If you have access to X Sector, I just found a planet with two Glitch Wizards fairly close to spawn:

9236064 , 72611350
Gamma 32 Ori Majoris II

Two Glitch Wizards (sell wizard hat + stims) right of spawn

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Markkei posted:

I think it has to do with the energy stat on armor. I also have infinite Gravity Bubble use with Knight armor but if I start to swap it for the new warmth gear then I see it start to use up energy.

That's exactly what it is. If you've got a crown on, it's enough energy regen to fly forever.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm streaming this for a bit if anyone wants to tune in. I'm currently trying to find some bombs for this drat UFO fight..

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
When you see the "new blueprint received" message, is there something you need to do, or does new stuff just appearing in the crafting windows?

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe he was racist?

Like perhaps he was refusing service because you were a drat dirty apex?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

I don't care how murderous they are, Florans are adorable.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Just starting this game. Thinking I'm supposed to get fuel? Missed the instructional popup and can't figure out how to trigger it again.

Are you supposed to be able to go through the electric lab area to get fuel? Sort of hard as gently caress, or extremely tedious matter-manipulating a path through.

Please pardon my not knowing what the gently caress.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, space travel works at last. :toot: Turns out the answer was Safe Mode. Tried it out today, and all the problems just vanished. Now Fernbiter can terrorize the galaxy.

Until it gets mulched. Will the devs know which updates will wipe saves, or is it just any could and that's too bad? Think I might have to stop playing this soon. Don't want to get too attached to stuff. Or just say what the hell and go racing through the galaxy causing havoc. That's fine too. Looking forward to Novakids, whenever they get done.

Also I found a planet of farting monsters. GOTY.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Juice Box Hero posted:

Just starting this game. Thinking I'm supposed to get fuel? Missed the instructional popup and can't figure out how to trigger it again.

Are you supposed to be able to go through the electric lab area to get fuel? Sort of hard as gently caress, or extremely tedious matter-manipulating a path through.

No problem it's really unclear and poorly worded at the moment.

Right now 'fuel' is anything burnable (I think?) So cut a tree down and dig some coal up and you can fuel your ship.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Anyone know a good place in alpha sector to get any appreciable amount of gold? It's kind of holding me back at the moment...

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Right now 'fuel' is anything burnable (I think?) So cut a tree down and dig some coal up and you can fuel your ship.

Hahaha, oh man really? I figured I needed ship fuel, and the whole point was the beacon brings a ship and you get fuel from it one way or another. I could have been going to other planets this whole time!?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
distress beacon would cause serious problems for me had I not been rolling the full snow leather set. You can barely touch the guy with iron bow-type weapons.

Can anyone break down what Armor Penetration vs. Damage means for melee weapons? It's like exponentially more damage I end up doing with higher armor pen.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Juice Box Hero posted:

Just a heads up, but everyone starts on different worlds so "the electric lab area" doesn't mean anything to anyone but you.

Zaran
Mar 26, 2010

Stew Man Chew posted:

distress beacon would cause serious problems for me had I not been rolling the full snow leather set. You can barely touch the guy with iron bow-type weapons.

Can anyone break down what Armor Penetration vs. Damage means for melee weapons? It's like exponentially more damage I end up doing with higher armor pen.

Best way I saw it described was that Armor Pen' is basically item level. If your AP is greater than the Threat Level of the mob your hitting you do way more damage, if lower you do less damage.

How said damage is calculated I have no clue.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Shiiit. I never would have figured that out. Thank you!

Soral posted:

Just a heads up, but everyone starts on different worlds so "the electric lab area" doesn't mean anything to anyone but you.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if it was a fixed intro area or what.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Daktar posted:

Yes, yes they are.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daktar posted:

I have one living on my spaceship and he sells me Bandages and other medical supplies. He's pretty neat.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whoa, shields change everything. It's really easy to not get hit in combat if you have a decent 1H and a shield.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Shukaro posted:

New pages are my nemesis today.

I will give real world money to the first person that recreates the SpaceBalls Winnebago Eagle V in this game and lets me fly around in it while listening to sweet jams.

KoB
May 1, 2009

VDay posted:

I will give real world money to the first person that recreates the SpaceBalls Winnebago Eagle V in this game and lets me fly around in it while listening to sweet jams.

oh my god, this needs to happen.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
My first impression of messing around last night is that it's probably the most solid and well developed early access game I've ever seen.

A real strong start that will only get better, and it's nice to see evidence that they really took their time to get the beta as solid as they could before handing it over to us.

Also I approve of any game that lets you prank your friends by putting poop around their houses.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zaran posted:

Best way I saw it described was that Armor Pen' is basically item level. If your AP is greater than the Threat Level of the mob your hitting you do way more damage, if lower you do less damage.

How said damage is calculated I have no clue.

This makes sense, I've been up against 6-8 level mobs and I found an axe with 7 armor pen that just started destroying poo poo even though it only does 15 damage a pop.

The Avians have some hilarious Egpytian/Nazi aesthetics going. I have a 15 foot wide golden eagle emblem on my ship now.

we must secure the existence of our people and a future for Golden Hatchlings

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
This is 100% anecdotal, but I have a feeling that the damage calculation is something like (armor pen - target's armor) * (weapon damage). I'm sure that's an over-simplification, and on top of that it seems like your damage has a cap and a floor, somewhere around 100 and 6, respectively. The main thing is that if your armor pen is even 3-4 points higher than the level of the monster (which seems to correlate to their own armor value), you'll almost always do 100 damage -- even if your weapon's damage is less than 20.

TL;DR - armor pen is the #1 thing to look for on weapons.

EDIT: Total non sequitur, but if you happen across a record player in an Apex base/town, press E on it :D

s1ppycup fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 6, 2013

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I do miss that context button from terraria that quick places torches.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

s1ppycup posted:

This is 100% anecdotal, but I have a feeling that the damage calculation is something like (armor pen - target's armor) * (weapon damage). I'm sure that's an over-simplification, and on top of that it seems like your damage has a cap and a floor, somewhere around 100 and 6, respectively. The main thing is that if your armor pen is even 3-4 points higher than the level of the monster (which seems to correlate to their own armor value), you'll almost always do 100 damage -- even if your weapon's damage is less than 20.

TL;DR - armor pen is the #1 thing to look for on weapons.

You can certainly do less than 6 damage.
My Assault Rifle does 3-4 regularly when I'm out of green bar, but the low damage there is negated by the rate of fire.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a 1 from the bubbles on my Water Sword too.

e: Tiy's patch notes mention a damage revamp too, so it's probably best to wait till today's patch before theory crafting to any real degree.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

This is 1 paint.exe session away from happening. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

OK, how do I do anything with Aegisalt and Rubium? I can't do anything with them besides make bars.

• Locked thread