Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Zotix posted:

So, once I have my full suit of T2 armor, where do you go to get the schematic to open up Gamma quadrant?

I wonder what that strange robotic assembly is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

So, once I have my full suit of T2 armor, where do you go to get the schematic to open up Gamma quadrant?

You have to build the Inactive Robot, it works like the Distress Beacon and spawns another boss, which advances you to the next tier.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

A.C. posted:

This is definitely a good fix to use, though I don't know if it will affect visiting planet seeds - it's worth nothing though that platinum is not necessary to progress, the progression path goes Steel -> Titanium -> Durasteel. Platinum enables a tier of weapons and armor, which in all honesty are still too weak to beat the third boss with, so you're probably going to want to cheese him anyway, and if you're cheesing him your weapons/armor don't matter.
They kind of do in that dealing 18 damage a hit is better than dealing 2.

Also, I hosed up and the version of the paste you quoted has a parsing error.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There are honestly a lot of interesting features to be seen underground if you go deep enough. I like the humongous caverns that you frequently find.

The favorite ones I've found so far are the tiny miniature city and something that honestly looked like a ship's hull although it was buried a lot closer to the world's core instead of the surface.

Has anyone found a use for Uranium Rods yet? I know that the ore can be used as fuel, but it only gives you like 4 fuel per ore so it's not really worth that.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DelphiAegis posted:

The progression currently is stone -> Copper -> Iron -> Steel -> Titanium -> Durasteel -> Aegisalt -> Frozonium -> Cerulinium -> Violium -> Rubium -> Impervium.

Took me 1½ hours to go from durasteel to full impervium armor without any duping. Still getting wrecked by mobs :(

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

This is great, thank you.

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 6, 2013

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Did the patch just go live for anyone else?

edit: NM, was still finishing up the previous patch updating here at work. Thought it started another one.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Anyone have coordinates to a planet with Cerulium? I'm not having any luck finding any.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Eryxias posted:

Found a monkey moon space lab, this little guy attacks you with some electric gun and his brain lights up with electricity when he does it

Went and cleared out the whole building and now it's my own private moon base with guards and vendors :getin:
Location is: Alpha Umbraxion 1207 I - X= 59877410 Y = -70634402

New page but: he's in a wheelchair! You monster!

Also I just found a cape for the first time and am stupidly amused. Flap flap flap

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Peak Starbound (I'm wearing full snow gear underneath my cosmetics, but without the fire I'd freeze in 10-15 seconds)

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
I just started the game, and immediately discovered a sprawling Avian city next to my spawn point. I immediately looted all of the containers and talked to the various bird people, and now my question is whether I can just around taking placed items that would be useful to me? There are a ton of decorative items I'd like to have, but I don't want to piss off my bird buddies. Also, would constructing my home base beneath their city be possible, or would that trigger aggression from them?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Easy Rider posted:

I just started the game, and immediately discovered a sprawling Avian city next to my spawn point. I immediately looted all of the containers and talked to the various bird people, and now my question is whether I can just around taking placed items that would be useful to me? There are a ton of decorative items I'd like to have, but I don't want to piss off my bird buddies. Also, would constructing my home base beneath their city be possible, or would that trigger aggression from them?

You can take anything you want. The only thing that'll trigger aggression in NPC villages is attacking someone.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

As long as you don't actively attack them with weapons, they don't care.

Also this game is seriously pretty.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

AndroidHub posted:

Peak Starbound (I'm wearing full snow gear underneath my cosmetics, but without the fire I'd freeze in 10-15 seconds)

How is that bird flying with NO ATMOSPHERE ?? :colbert:

GOTY for real.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Stew Man Chew posted:

GOTY for real.

It's a spacebird, obviously. :colbert:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish that all the gas giants didn't look exactly the same. It'd be cool if there was more variety there, instead of them all being sand-colored. Still, yeah, this game can be really pretty.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mechs are really bad right now, anyone know what I'd need to edit so they do more than 1 damage per shot?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sand is seriously the best thing in this game, I love finding huge underground caverns of sand and grit and just making huge cascades of ores and pixels.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Also does food do anything aside from fill the hunger bar? There seems to be a huge set up for tons of different food, but it seems like a waste of effort to try and make.

Some (all?) of the crafted foods have hidden bonuses. Bread for example will not only fill up about half your hunger bar, but also heal you similar to the medical kit. Banana bread will give you health regen, speed boost and a faint glow.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Stew Man Chew posted:

GOTY for real.

Solar wind.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Meldonox posted:

Oh hey, if any of you wind up with a clunker of a starting world, this place is pretty neat:

Good amount of ore (including passable deposits of silver), lots of fairly deep cave systems, and a big ol' Glitch village not far to the left that has some weapons and musical instruments including (for me at least) a harp and harmonica.

Thanks, this world is a lot better than my starter. Just got a ton of iron to build up some decent gear.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Spacedad posted:

Also I approve of any game that lets you prank your friends by putting poop around their houses.

We discovered rainbow wood on the sfd server, so I proceeded to decorate everyone's ships with fabulous planking. Guerilla decorating is the best part about starbound.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So I started to build a base, but I remembered how much I hate the idea of organizing all of my storage (I'm a big packrat), so I just buried it all instead :twisted:

Every single one of those storage lockers is full of random crap :(

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Bauxite posted:

Guerilla decorating is the best part about starbound.

I have a Holy Frog Statue that's just demanding to be installed on every goons ship.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Is there a way to see your FPS?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

That is a fuckin' sweet snot castle.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

AndroidHub posted:

I think the best part is that the snow gear has the same cold-resistance stats as full Impervium armor, sans the defense and energy boosting, obviously. Also, there seems to be "levels" of cold. Taking off two pieces of the best cold gear makes you freeze to death no matter what in outer space, even if you stack as many campfires on yourself as you can. If you're far and above the level of cold, your heat bar doesn't move at all.

Also, the Radiators from the USMC Penal Colonies rock.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DelphiAegis posted:

I think the best part is that the snow gear has the same cold-resistance stats as full Impervium armor, sans the defense and energy boosting, obviously. Also, there seems to be "levels" of cold. Taking off two pieces of the best cold gear makes you freeze to death no matter what in outer space, even if you stack as many campfires on yourself as you can. If you're far and above the level of cold, your heat bar doesn't move at all.

Also, the Radiators from the USMC Penal Colonies rock.

I ate some apple pie at full health and got a fire icon under my health/energy, should test if that kind of buff helps in outer space.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

LordSaturn posted:

That is a fuckin' sweet snot castle.

It's snot a castle.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Jusupov posted:

I ate some apple pie at full health and got a fire icon under my health/energy, should test if that kind of buff helps in outer space.

I think all that does is make you run faster (faster than a green stim or green smoke from a pod) and jump higher.

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.

Here's a screenshot of the propeller bug. It will result in an endless death/spawn cycle for the ship's owner. Use this information responsibly. ;)

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
I just picked this up, but I loved Terraria, and I can say

I love this game! :swoon:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Guys, there's a lot of problems with the ore progression, but I'm also sure it will all get worked out in due time.

Fixing the platinum issue should be as simple as reworking the lists of ore composions to allow platinum in tier 21-30 planets. In fact I think someone on the official forums posted a temporary fix for now.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

demoneyespaul posted:

I just picked this up, but I loved Terraria, and I can say

I love this game! :swoon:

Where did you get that hat. :stare:

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!

President Ark posted:

Where did you get that hat. :stare:

Stole it off some bird folk in an Egyptian tomb if I remember correctly.
Either that or from some flower folk in some safari bungalows.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

My UI keeps disappearing randomly when I open/close the craft menu.

Alyssa Milano
Dec 20, 2004

I've dated the sweet mama's boy, the musician rocker, the struggling artist - basically a lot of people without jobs.
Thats F1 guy.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Captain Spoon posted:

Here's a screenshot of the propeller bug. It will result in an endless death/spawn cycle for the ship's owner. Use this information responsibly. ;)

Well poo poo. I decided to do this to play a prank on a buddy on a server and well... upon attempting to remove it I died so now no one can and his character is bricked.

He is rightfully mad at me. :negative:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Aww, you can only use one tech at a time?

Where can I find gold? I'm ready to make steel armor, but have to upgrade a gold set first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
For anybody still wondering about singing, you need to find a microphone like other musical instruments. I got a female voice microphone on my male glitch so I can only assume that male microphones drop as well.

• Locked thread