Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Bonerclese posted:

Went to see a mental health clinician today and got asked a bunch of questions and had to do a questionnaire. He was 98% sure I had ADHD! I got another appointment with an actual psychiatrist next week to discuss treatment.

One question though, I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. The clinician said that may pose a problem when it comes to medication. Anyone else have high bp and cholesterol and are taking ADHD medication?

Riding bikes will help with ADHD symptoms, the high bp and cholesterol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonerclese
Apr 28, 2007
BONERCLESE CARES NOT FOR BEANS!
I've read other posts about people biking, which is why I went to get checked for adhd. I LOVE biking. I get a high from riding quick and zipping between cars. I've been slacking for past few months though and my bp can gone up again. It's winter in Toronto now, and I'm not a winter rider.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Bonerclese posted:

I'm not a winter rider.

Become one. It helps more in the winter because it's exercise that you would otherwise not be getting. It also helps you feel less lovely during the endless grey days.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Motherfucker that used to sit next to me in one of my master's level calc classes shakes his legs, stomps his feet (hard enough to make a noise audible across the room), incessantly clicks/unclicks his pens, taps his pens and fingers on the desk, and twiddles his thumbs in the pocket of his windbreaker throughout each and every class period.

Shaking a leg happens to everyone. But please, for the sake of other ADHD folks around you, don't be like that guy!

Hi that guy is me, and I usually have no idea I'm doing it until my coworkers go 'Fyallm STOP loving clicking your pen.'

of course I stop doing it, and then 10minutes later my leg will be jumping up and down.

kiriana
Mar 8, 2011
My daughter is doing really well. We recently had to up her meds to 10 mg of Focalin XR, with her having grown a couple inches and putting 5 pounds on in the last year yay! She's doing fantastic in school, she pre screened really high for gifted classes, and is able to finish all of her work, and pay attention. However, she has developed this obsession with chewing her fingernails and cuticles. I've given he manicures, painted her nails, but she just can't seem to help herself. Does anyone else have experience with this, and any ideas to help her snap out of it when she gets into doing it?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

kiriana posted:

My daughter is doing really well. We recently had to up her meds to 10 mg of Focalin XR, with her having grown a couple inches and putting 5 pounds on in the last year yay! She's doing fantastic in school, she pre screened really high for gifted classes, and is able to finish all of her work, and pay attention. However, she has developed this obsession with chewing her fingernails and cuticles. I've given he manicures, painted her nails, but she just can't seem to help herself. Does anyone else have experience with this, and any ideas to help her snap out of it when she gets into doing it?

I do this obsessively (gets worse with stress until my fingers are literally dripping blood, been doing it since I was 3) and the only thing that worked for me to ease up on it was playing guitar, because it hurt so much to play when I kept loving with my fingers like that. Have her do crafty stuff or play an instrument, maybe it will work. Best of luck to your daughter.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

kiriana posted:

I'm sure there's a ring for people who have trichotillomania that spins around to help people stop plucking their hair out, "spinner rings" or something. If she's picking at her nails because she's bored and needs to do something with her hands and mouth you can get her a spinner ring and gum, see how that goes. I have sort of the same issue but I never really got over it, I just have nail clippers with me where ever I go so I can clean my nails up without ripping my skin up too badly.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I was a nail biter until I started using nail polish. Then I was a polish picker until I started using the adult stuff, not the Tinkerbell kiddie stuff. But it sounds like you tried that.

I pluck out my eyebrows under stress; for a while you could tell how bad I was doing by how much eyebrow I had. Medication helped with that, for me, and also awareness and a desire to not look lopsided. I feel myself doing it, and I stop, until I do it again, then I stop again... keeping my hands busy helps (I can't pick with a hand I'm using) but it's a compulsion in a lot of ways.

TL;DR: if she thinks it is a problem, just help her to be more aware of it in a non-scolding way. If she doesn't, I think you just have to wait until she does.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

fyallm posted:

Hi that guy is me, and I usually have no idea I'm doing it until my coworkers go 'Fyallm STOP loving clicking your pen.'

of course I stop doing it, and then 10minutes later my leg will be jumping up and down.

It's textbook ADD. If I'm not on meds I can not loving stop clicking, nibbling at, twirling or otherwise messing around with my pen. I don't even realize I'm doing it.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

kiriana posted:

However, she has developed this obsession with chewing her fingernails and cuticles. I've given he manicures, painted her nails, but she just can't seem to help herself. Does anyone else have experience with this, and any ideas to help her snap out of it when she gets into doing it?

One of my friends in school had this same problem and his parents use to put this clear polish on his nails and thumbs that was super hot and it worked for a long while.

quote:

It's textbook ADD. If I'm not on meds I can not loving stop clicking, nibbling at, twirling or otherwise messing around with my pen. I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Yeah I posted previously in this thread my struggles with ADD, still not on meds so now I just wait till someone is annoyed enough to tell me I am doing it.

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I'm sure there's a ring for people who have trichotillomania that spins around to help people stop plucking their hair out...

There are real support groups out there for this condition. I plucked facial and head hairs for years and years, and still get a shameful satisfaction from running the plucked hair between my fingers, but I hardly ever do it anymore after taking ritalin. Trichotillomania is linked to OCD and/or other anxiety disorders, and is thought to have a genetic component (there's such a link in my case), but for me, I'm about 99% sure I plucked hairs purely out of hyperactivity and boredom.

Yet another collateral improvement thanks to ~~meds~~

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I'm beginning to wonder if taking Ritalin is pointless, maybe even counter-productive. It still has an effect on me, just not anything particularly useful. It boosts my mood, gives me energy throughout the day. Basically I take a pill and I get happy and I'm excited to do stuff, but somehow I rarely end up doing anything productive.

Like, I could happily sit here all afternoon browsing the net and listening to music, and posting on forums. Yesterday I spent all afternoon reading ghost stories and the disturbing Wikipedia thread on PYF instead of working and going grocery shopping like I had planned. I keep rationalizing it as "well I just have bad habits, if I had good habits the Ritalin would work fine". but it's almost like Ritalin makes me feel so good that I don't CARE if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to. Whereas otherwise I might feel worse but at least I'd be like, "Okay, you spent the last couple hours on forums, you better get to work now you loser".

Then at the end of the day when it wears off, I start to feel depressed because I didn't do anything productive YET again. I don't know, I don't even feel like it helps me focus much anymore. If I sit down and force myself to do ONE thing, it works quite well. Practicing piano is extremely productive. But it's so hard to focus. It's like I need to FOCUS on one thing before I can focus on it.

Does that make any sense at all? :sigh:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if taking Ritalin is pointless, maybe even counter-productive. It still has an effect on me, just not anything particularly useful. It boosts my mood, gives me energy throughout the day. Basically I take a pill and I get happy and I'm excited to do stuff, but somehow I rarely end up doing anything productive.

Like, I could happily sit here all afternoon browsing the net and listening to music, and posting on forums. Yesterday I spent all afternoon reading ghost stories and the disturbing Wikipedia thread on PYF instead of working and going grocery shopping like I had planned. I keep rationalizing it as "well I just have bad habits, if I had good habits the Ritalin would work fine". but it's almost like Ritalin makes me feel so good that I don't CARE if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to. Whereas otherwise I might feel worse but at least I'd be like, "Okay, you spent the last couple hours on forums, you better get to work now you loser".

Then at the end of the day when it wears off, I start to feel depressed because I didn't do anything productive YET again. I don't know, I don't even feel like it helps me focus much anymore. If I sit down and force myself to do ONE thing, it works quite well. Practicing piano is extremely productive. But it's so hard to focus. It's like I need to FOCUS on one thing before I can focus on it.

Did they push you to try CBT or extensive scheduling when you started your medication?

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

That's been me the last week or two. I have a billion things to do but I just take my adderall, plop down in front of netflix and waste the day because hey there's always tomorrow!

You need to get out of your apartment/house, or start a cleaning frenzy that leads into you leaving to go to the store to pick up stuff you need, mailing letters that have to go out and all the other chores you've been ignoring. I find the longer I stay inside without leaving to go somewhere the harder it is to sit down and actually work.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I find the longer I stay inside without leaving to go somewhere the harder it is to sit down and actually work.

This is so true.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Yeah, I do have a tendency to stay locked up inside for days at a time. It definitely doesn't help. I get stuck inside my own little world and it can become very hard to stay productive.

Analytic Engine posted:

Did they push you to try CBT or extensive scheduling when you started your medication?

They sent me to a few sessions with a therapist and she did CBT, but it mainly addressed my depression/anxiety and not the ADD itself. She did tell me that I'm too much of a perfectionist and I should set very small goals each day that are easy to achieve, rather than making big grand plans and then beating myself up when I don't reach them. She had some good advice but nothing ground-breaking, really.

When the psychiatrist wrote me my script she told me to make sure I carry a notepad and a to-do list around with me. But that's about it!

I wish I could have a life coach, honestly. Someone to come into my house and yell at me and lecture me every couple days to keep me on track. Think Gail Vaz-Oxlade, only covering all aspects of life, not just finances.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Ran out of adderall last week. Worked 2 overnight shifts, then my regular shifts. I'm still dead tired a week later, and I have 2 major projects due for school tomorrow. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
On the flip side, I can't wait to take an extended break from my meds after I graduate in two weeks. Then in Jan my new insurance kicks in, and it actually covers my script!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Got my adderall IR 20mg today and took that poo poo like a flintstones chewable. I've never felt more right. I'm not even stressing about this final exam project I will have 4 hours to complete.

On top of this though, I talked with my psych and was concerned with how dependent I've gotten to it and how little of an effect I get taking it daily. She's keeping me on the 20mg IR per day for when I need it, but she's replacing my 10mg XR twice a day with some amount of Focalin. It looks like my insurance didn't like that (again) so I gotta get that sorted out, but anyone ever have experience mixing Focalin with Adderall? I'm hopeful at least.

Flashbang!
May 16, 2009
Whelp, this past semester has been a flagon of assholes for my well being. It shouldn't be that surprising when you try to take 2 problem subjects at the same time; Speech, on account of an intense phobia of public speaking, and Composition 2 which I've failed repeatedly.

My drive to attend classes has dried up because any attempt has ended with a huge emotional meltdowns. Now, I just stay home all the time and play games to cope. mg friends and family are barely aware of this, and I don't know how to deal with any of this.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Hey meltdown buddy.

I'm encountering the same thing in my Comp Sci class, because the difficulty of the work just ramped up exponentially. And I have a call into the doc because, after seeing a counselor, she thinks that perhaps my meds are off.

I also talked to my prof about it, so she knows. (Basically, our homeworks are 1 problem per week, which is a self contained computer problem. I explained to her that I can get 2-3 steps down, the 4th becomes wobbly, and when I have to rope in that 5th? The world comes crashing down and my brain feels like a vaccuum hit it.) In the meantime, I'm adding to the Concerta with green tea, until the doc calls back.

Maybe your school has a counselor or a Disability Office you can talk to?

(And fortunately, after this quarter, I only have two classes next quarter, and I'm not working. So I only have to deal with Intro to Statistics (which I'm pretty psyched about, because the lottery's fascinating to me) and PreCalculus - Trigonometry.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Fuuuuuuuck yes Focalin + Adderall is doing its goddamn job. I'm so intensely focused, I almost want to try changing my meds every month. Hopefully using 2 different meds will cut down on the tolerance. On the bad side, with my insurance 60x Focalin 20mg XR is 50 bucks, and the receipt said my insurance paid 490 dollars of the total cost.

Fuuuuuuuck the health care industry

Flashbang! posted:

Whelp, this past semester has been a flagon of assholes for my well being. It shouldn't be that surprising when you try to take 2 problem subjects at the same time; Speech, on account of an intense phobia of public speaking, and Composition 2 which I've failed repeatedly.

My drive to attend classes has dried up because any attempt has ended with a huge emotional meltdowns. Now, I just stay home all the time and play games to cope. mg friends and family are barely aware of this, and I don't know how to deal with any of this.

Don't give up. The one thing I've been able to hang on to that's kept me going is just never give up. You don't necessarily have to try really hard, but DO NOT GIVE UP. NEVER give up. For your fear of public speaking, honestly just know you're not alone in that. Most people are lovely public speakers before they get a lot of experience, and then after getting good at it, only the best know how to do it on the fly without bullshitting the audience.

Here's a quote I try to live by-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Vg4uyYwEk

Lemme tell you somethin you already know- The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it'll beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can GET hit and keep moving forward. How much you can TAKE and keep moving forward. THAT'S HOW WINNING IS DONE. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointin' fingers saying you ain't where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!

Everyone needs some help from time to time. There's no shame in asking for help, and a lot of the time you can get help while giving help back. Try a public speaking study group, where you just deliver your speech in front of the members of the group. Get help writing cue cards. Do something though, anything just to prove to yourself that you aren't giving up. You don't have to try as hard as you can all the time. Just never stop trying completely. That's a dark place, and I don't really know who you are but I don't want to see you or anyone else in that place. Keep moving, think of some ideas to get back up and running, and try. You might fail, but if you really give up, you have zero chance of success. You're better than that.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 5, 2013

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

From what I've seen extended release anything is costly to produce and costs a poo poo ton. My 30 pills of Concerta XR costs almost exactly $100CAD, although I don't have to pay a cent of it.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Heavy neutrino posted:

From what I've seen extended release anything is costly to produce and costs a poo poo ton. My 30 pills of Concerta XR costs almost exactly $100CAD, although I don't have to pay a cent of it.

No kidding! The market price on my Adderall extended release pills would've been like ~$200 bucks. There was a month long period where I got laid off from one job, hired elsewhere and had to wait for the new company's insurance to kick in. Unfortunately, I ran out of meds but my psych was nice enough to write me scripts for the tablets instead of the XR. Even paying the uninsured price, my dose of 60 pills for the month was literally only $40 bucks!

That was cheaper than my $60 copay for the XR version!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Well, the doc is raising my Concerta from 18 to 36 MG a day, just in time for my Final next Monday :toot: (I even brought extra Concerta with me to work, so once he gave the OK to double it, I took that second pill just now).

May this help reduce non focusing meltdowns and salvage my wannabe major. (Though I don't have a Computer Science class next quarter; just Pre-Calculus and Statistics. Want some more math experience before I dive back into coding.)

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 6, 2013

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

That much Concerta made my heart beat almost out of my chest, it prompted my move to Focalin instead. Good luck.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

So the Strattera seems to have helped a tiny bit but that's pretty much gone. It's made me a lot more suicidal, hurts my stomach and gets me upset and irritated about things more easily, I don't know why. A friend gave me one of her Adderall pills to see if it would help, and I nearly cried because for the first time in my life my thoughts stopped racing/looping and I could actually think and do things.

I don't really want to be the first one to bring up a stim to the psych because I don't know how she will take my asking (never going to mention that I got that pill, tbh) How did you tell your doctors you needed something better?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Qu Appelle posted:

Well, the doc is raising my Concerta from 18 to 36 MG a day, just in time for my Final next Monday :toot: (I even brought extra Concerta with me to work, so once he gave the OK to double it, I took that second pill just now).

Holy gently caress, you took 72mg Concerta in one day? When I upped my dose from 27mg to 36mg, it gave me trouble going to sleep for a couple nights; if I were to take double pills I'd probably end up staying awake for 48 hours straight.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

So the Strattera seems to have helped a tiny bit but that's pretty much gone. It's made me a lot more suicidal, hurts my stomach and gets me upset and irritated about things more easily, I don't know why. A friend gave me one of her Adderall pills to see if it would help, and I nearly cried because for the first time in my life my thoughts stopped racing/looping and I could actually think and do things.

I don't really want to be the first one to bring up a stim to the psych because I don't know how she will take my asking (never going to mention that I got that pill, tbh) How did you tell your doctors you needed something better?

Tell your psych that the Strattera is making your suicidal thoughts worse and isn't helping the ADHD and that you'd like to try a different option without directly bringing up stimulants. ...Though given that one of Strattera's more common side effects is depression I don't know why she gave you it in the first place, assuming she was aware of your suicidal thoughts.

edit: My experience with Strattera was basically "oh I am literally incapable of giving a gently caress, I guess I'll just stare at this wall for three hours". :v: It didn't even have the decency to work.

Like Clockwork fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 7, 2013

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Heavy neutrino posted:

Holy gently caress, you took 72mg Concerta in one day? When I upped my dose from 27mg to 36mg, it gave me trouble going to sleep for a couple nights; if I were to take double pills I'd probably end up staying awake for 48 hours straight.

Nono, I should clarify.

I took my 18 mg pill as normal, in the morning. I carried extra with me though.

When the doc called and said I could bump it up to 36 mg a day, I just took a second 18 mg pill. So I only took 36 mg yesterday. And I only took 36 mg today. We might go down to 27 mg, but I have a final on Monday, no way to get to my doc's office to swap out scripts before then, and this is with his blessing, because 18 mg a day just isn't cutting it.

So far, the only side effects I'm seeing is that I'm a little more twitchy and my appetite is a bit less, but that's it. And my concentration is better. I'll see if it interferes with sleep; last night it didn't. (which I can't really say for when I was taking 18 mg a day + a lot of green tea. I've since stopped that.)

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 7, 2013

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
I was diagnosed a week ago and took my first dose of 18mg Strattera today. The doctor told me it wasn't effective for most people. I slept 6 hours after I took and was woken up with uncontrollable rage. The past few hours have been some of my worst ever. gently caress this.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I guess I have a weird experience with Strattera since it made me feel very calm and peaceful from the second week, but I have noticed it took 4 months to really give me the focus I need to get poo poo done.

Enzymes, man.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

I'm a month into Wellbutrin (XL) + Vyvanse and it's amazing. Way better than the Adderall: no nasty crashes, better appetite, lasts plenty long, heart rate's OK, and it shut off the garbage generator in my head (the constant thoughts of stuff like "you're worthless cut your throat and die like a pig" etc). Then again I'm pretty sure now I have had legit depression :v:. If I take it really late sometimes I don't much feel like sleeping, but a bit of 5-HTP (over the counter serotonin booster) an hour or two in advance takes care of that.

Culinary Bears fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 7, 2013

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll

Rap Music and Dope posted:

I was diagnosed a week ago and took my first dose of 18mg Strattera today. The doctor told me it wasn't effective for most people. I slept 6 hours after I took and was woken up with uncontrollable rage. The past few hours have been some of my worst ever. gently caress this.
Call your doc and get off that stuff pronto.

I do find it funny that Straterra was the first medication your doc prescribed, since he admitted it usually wasn't effective. :v:

edit: Dammit, I had some content.
I can't take any stimulant medication (or Straterra/Intuiniv for that matter, but they never worked for me anyways) for my upcoming college semester because I started an MAOI. It's been very effective at treating my depression, and while it does help a tiny bit with my focus, it isn't enough. I had a hard enough time staying organized and on top of things even with stimulant meds, and now I'm facing the prospect of going without them entirely. Now, I've been wanting to more specialized psychological treatment for my ADHD, but the only specialist is 1.5 hours away and far too expensive for me at the moment. Are there any good resources online or off that will help me stay organized?
(There might be some sort of academic counseling at my school available for students with ADHD, but I'm not entirely sure.)

Cumshot in the Dark fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 7, 2013

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

How they'll react depends on the psych, of course, but telling them that you tried it and your experience with it will probably go a lot better than you think. My wife's psych brought up trying adderall about a week after she'd tried one of my pills, and was just amused that she was so reluctant to admit trying it.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Things I'm learning:

Protein is your friend, when your appetite suddenly drops off (which is to be expected).

Also, Ting Ting Jahe Indonesian Ginger Chews are the BEST thing for nausea (which I'm getting as well). They're basically ginger with some sugar thrown in, spicy/hot but not overpowering, and aren't full of preservatives. And, when heated in hot water, make for a delicious ginger tea.

Can be found in nearly any Asian food shop, or pay inflated prices through Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Ting-Jahe-Ginger-Candy-Ounce/dp/B00029JDDE

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I have interesting news from my last visit with Dr. Feelgood. (This is my derogatory term for psychiatrists, mostly because I dislike mine for disrespecting my schedule) Do you want it now before I have a chance to confirm the journal she read and shared with me or after?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
What did she tell you?

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
It wasn't until after I finished taking university courses that I was diagnosed with ADHD-C and drat, do I wish I had been medicated for it then.

I had huge anxiety over driving, and I finally stated taking a course for the next step of my permit. I have to do 20 hours in class, which is 5 hours plus a half hour lunch break this and next weekend.

The last time I tried to take lessons I started to lose focus after 50-90 minutes.

Now, I can sit through the whole thing and retain everything, and I don't feel like I'll freak out and crash when I get behind the wheel.

Qu Appelle posted:

Things I'm learning:

Protein is your friend, when your appetite suddenly drops off (which is to be expected).

Yes.

Just carbing/sugaring it up, which your body wants to do, won't help you very much, and then you feel bloated and crash not too long after.

Sunshine89 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Holy poo poo I thought I was the only one with a fear of/problems with driving. I gave up learning years ago.