Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Buffed Thor tournament. Have at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

delfin posted:

The icon picture for the Savage Land Hunt episode... is not in error.

Devil loving Dinosaur!

BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Alright I think I'm done with the double shot tournament

Also, THORNAMENT!

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Deep Winter posted:

Buffed Thor tournament. Have at it Thee!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

death .cab for qt posted:

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

Personally, I'd tell newbies to hold onto Juggernaut. He has a lot of HP which is nice, and his board clearing ability is handy. I got some use out of him when I started out.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

No, but really

WHAT

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

THE DEVIL DINOSAUR MISSION IS REPEATABLE

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

It's a bad idea to take the IM40 yellow skill past level 3, right?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Next person who questions the devs character addition schedule gets a foot up there rear end. The foot of a demonic dinosaur.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

Depends I took mine to level 4 because a lot of people have great purple abilities. But level 3 is a lot more spammable.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Got my PC and Mobile accounts linked, had some confusion. I gave up on waiting for my ticket and sent an email to mobilesupport@d3p.us and got a response next day to the tune of "we were only doing this for beta, game is now live" but I responded saying I was in beta and they hooked me up.

In celebration here's a screenshot of the amazing UI for the train/info page for a hero on PC. Best hero ever for the example ofcourse.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/685968273224309653/CBE6967C28A0E2519705717D675697B8270DBCE4/

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

triplexpac posted:

Personally, I'd tell newbies to hold onto Juggernaut. He has a lot of HP which is nice, and his board clearing ability is handy. I got some use out of him when I started out.

I still get a lot of use out of him. At level 40, his headbutt does 1100 damage, which is enough to one shot a lot of middle level support characters, like Storm and Black Widow. +3 All AP and +3 Red/Yellow AP, and you're set to do it right from turn 1. Bring in a +3 Green/Black, and you can follow up with an unstoppable crash if you want.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Since IM40 appears to be a favorite of the developers, I hope we'll see a revision of his yellow sometime down the line (like Spidey's purple), so that it'll be more balanced. I want to go 5/3/5 because at 20AP I don't think I'll ever get to fire off his blue power.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, gently caress the Punisher. Give us the dinosaur. Sure, he's rubbish, but he's a loving dinosaur.

Time to check what slacker bracket I can end up in for Double Shot, I'll be asleep when it ends probably, so not going to put too much effort in there. And another Thornament, that should be fun. Might just jump straight into that one and try for the 1400 point Invisible Woman. No chance at getting the top rank I don't think, slacker bracket or not. May as well go harpoon a few whales.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

McDragon posted:

Okay, gently caress the Punisher. Give us the dinosaur. Sure, he's rubbish, but he's a loving dinosaur.

Time to check what slacker bracket I can end up in for Double Shot, I'll be asleep when it ends probably, so not going to put too much effort in there. And another Thornament, that should be fun. Might just jump straight into that one and try for the 1400 point Invisible Woman. No chance at getting the top rank I don't think, slacker bracket or not. May as well go harpoon a few whales.

A six green AP 1350 damage attack, and you think it's rubbish? Imagine pairing that with a Thor team!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mons Hubris posted:

It gets increasingly expensive which slows down how often you can use it - like at level 1 it was just funnelling straight into Thor, but at level 3 you're basically choosing between Thunderstrike and Recharge. Taking Recharge to 4 just means IM40's blue doesn't stun, which is no biggy since there's cheaper and longer stuns and cheaper team attacks, so if you're pairing with a Widow to use that purple to steal more AP then it's perfect.

The real kicker is that the more you level Recharge, the less you can use it, and the less Red/Blue you get out of it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I want Devil Dinosaur on my team. FOREVER.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

It gets increasingly expensive which slows down how often you can use it - like at level 1 it was just funnelling straight into Thor, but at level 3 you're basically choosing between Thunderstrike and Recharge. Taking Recharge to 4 just means IM40's blue doesn't stun, which is no biggy since there's cheaper and longer stuns and cheaper team attacks, so if you're pairing with a Widow to use that purple to steal more AP then it's perfect.

The real kicker is that the more you level Recharge, the less you can use it, and the less Red/Blue you get out of it.

Yeah IM40 with 3 in yellow just sits there looking like a big stupid dummy on the repeatable IM40 mission for me with 85 wolvie and 82 thor. That mission stopped giving me any points for some reason though. The top one gave 579 so I decided to give it a try (with boosts) came out the first time with Thor down 50% and everyone else fine, next time was a wipe but won consistently since then. I always kill Yelena first because Payback mission makes those strike tiles risky as hell. Venom next because 4k devour is ouch and then Daken.

I found a potential (not really worth it) use for IW's blue in that for example if Daken has a strike tile in a match 3 that contains two of your strike tiles you can bubble some of your strike tiles, make the match and kill his strike tile. Ofcourse she only gets tiles allocated to her if Thor is dead and I lost that round because I bubbled his strike tiles instead of mine but hey, learning experience.

The different brackets for the different Hunt events is doing some interesting things. I find I can catch up easily each time I go to play - in both brackets too, I think the catch up rubber banding mechanic is based on your position in the main event so I get thousands of points of lead in my Alaska event bracket. Ofcourse the same seems to apply to everyone else. Every time I pick up the game I'm at ~200-400 in the main event and every time I stop playing I'm in the top 5.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Started playing this on Steam yesterday and I guess I got lucky getting Iron Man Model 40 out of the 150 gold lottery.

Is it worth upgrading the starting Iron Man still or should I not worry about him since I have the upgraded version?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Malt posted:

Started playing this on Steam yesterday and I guess I got lucky getting Iron Man Model 40 out of the 150 gold lottery.

Is it worth upgrading the starting Iron Man still or should I not worry about him since I have the upgraded version?

Stick with the basics til you've got a stronger team, it will be a while before you get more IM40 covers probably. That said, until your IM35 is level 12 or so you probably want to use IM40 just because of his tile match damage. IM35 is a strong character though and should form the backbone of your IM35, Modern Storm and Black Widow team for PvE and early PvP. I always kept my IM35 ahead of the rest in terms of priority for levelups and I think it worked out well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

IM40 is really more of a later game character. As your heros become stronger, they have much more hit points, so you can actually build up the AP needed to fire off their abilities. In the early game, this is a detriment, because most matches will be over before you fill up a 3 star hero's abilities.

Core characters: Thor 2*, Wolverine 2*, Iron Man 1*

Iron Man is a solid tank and being 1*, you'll quickly max out his abilities. Thor 2* has one of the cheapest red abilities and hits pretty hard. Pairs up well with Wolverine who has healing and ridiculously cheap green strikes.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 7, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

A six green AP 1350 damage attack, and you think it's rubbish? Imagine pairing that with a Thor team!

His skill is nice, but I guess nobody really measures up well against buffed Thor and IM40. Who were the other two members of the team. He should have been buffed as well. Looking at him a bit closer, he's actually pretty great. Poor dinosaur.

Can I take the opportunity to ask how Nick Fury is friends with a dinosaur, and why the hell hasn't he had a film yet?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Malt posted:

Two things:
1. Unless you're fine spending money, use the gold on increasing the number of cover slots. You'll get tokens to pull from the lotto at a decent pace, but you'll never get free slots on their own.

2. Keep upgrading the starter until you have a better replacement (probably Thor). The hero levels are capped based on the ability levels of that hero, so until you get more covers for IM40, he's stuck at level 15.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't have any repeatable missions in the first hunt mission.. and haven't ever. What's the deal?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The one at Avengers Tower? That's just to unlock the other missions, no repeats. The points come from completing the other hunt missions.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
But the points from the other missions aren't going into that pool. At least they don't seem to be for me.

Edit: or they are and I am dumb.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 7, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just saw a level 87 IM40 out in the wild :stare:

Holy moly, that is some scary poo poo. In the tournament, he has 9070 health.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Putting a guaranteed IM40 in that tournament was pretty nice. I've got 3 IM40 reds now, and had all that ISO saved up to instantly bring him into 'Don't bother attacking this guy' range.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Dinosaur. That is all. Why would I want him instead of a superhero... aside from the fact that it's kind of cool.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Is grey widow any good? I'm sitting at #19 in my Iron Man bracket and trying to decide if to try and keep it to get her started or just get the two powers for Thor which I can both use at my current level.

Edit: Also about 100 ranks out of top ten so probably not getting up there in the next 30 minutes.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 7, 2013

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Is grey widow any good? I'm sitting at #19 in my Iron Man bracket and trying to decide if to try and keep it to get her started or just get the two powers for Thor which I can both use at my current level.

Edit: Also about 100 ranks out of top ten so probably not getting up there in the next 30 minutes.

Mine's at lvl 109 and she's definitely good; not top-tier, but just below.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm pretty sure I just got 2nd place! I haven't gotten the rewards yet but I was at 668 and the next closest was 597

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I thought it was ending at 9 like all of the other tournaments. So much for finishing my grey widow. :(

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yay more Widow covers. Waited till 24 minutes left in the Iron Man tournament, jumped in, ended up top ten. Probably could have made a push for top two, but I'm busy mining in FFXIV. :3:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

I think she could be a beast if she had all her powers and was leveled up. Her purple power can set up some absurd cascades with a few levels but unfortunately I don't have her green cover so I can't really do anything with all the green ap.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
drat it I missed top 2. I don't know where all these triple-digit Ragnaroks came from. Oh, wait, I know exactly where they came from. Lightning rounds :argh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DrManiac posted:

I think she could be a beast if she had all her powers and was leveled up. Her purple power can set up some absurd cascades with a few levels but unfortunately I don't have her green cover so I can't really do anything with all the green ap.

Her green power is actually quite terrible, it just destroys a bunch of tiles and then deals extra damage. No AP production at all. Her purple is her bread and butter.

Also, if any of you are "Gestalt" I'm sorry for scooping you out of a comfortable second place (before I blasted through the difference between 2nd and 3rd was like 200 points) but that will teach you to sit around during the last 2 hours of the tournament :smug:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man I couldn't get 2nd place. My team got crabbed hard. By the time I beat someone 4 people took me down.

Just saw a level 87 IM40 out in the wild :stare:

Holy moly, that is some scary poo poo. In the tournament, he has 9070 health.
I hate you so much. My easy person to fight was 126 IM40 max magento and Thor. 16k hp is such a pain to chew through.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 7, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Man I couldn't get 2nd place. My team got crabbed hard. By the time I beat someone 4 people took me down.

I got really lucky and rolled a Recharge IM40 so I just started saving up 12 yellow AP and pooping out unmatchable yellow tiles.

Which was great because I got enough jungle tiles to use thorned rose like four times and then flooded the screen with yellows. At that point it didn't even matter if any got matched, I still maxed out my red and kept swinging that hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hunt: Alaska is closing soon. Here's a tip on trying to get that last mission:

Criticals and the Environment bonus. That's the key to solving the mission if you dont have a ludicrous character. Jump in the mission with the bonus critical damage and damage to dark avengers boosts, and hope that you can line up the environment tiles to make a critical and use that critical to match more environment tiles and you should have enough environment AP to start making a self sustaining loop if you've got a boosted Hawkeye in the team. Crit + 2 env tiles = 400 environment ap, enough to make 10 more crit tiles, repeat. It's an all or nothing gamble with this method, either you make the crit matches or you dont, then your team gets wiped out when Venom eats you.