Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

death .cab for qt posted:

Her green power is actually quite terrible, it just destroys a bunch of tiles and then deals extra damage. No AP production at all. Her purple is her bread and butter.

If you think punching a hole in the board and dealing two to three thousand damage to the entire enemy team is terrible, I wanna know what you think is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Got in a total slacker bracket for the IM40 tourney with 3 hours to go. Got #1 with about 790pts.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grey Widow's green power does 3k+ damage to all enemies at max power. Yeah its expensive, but paired with Ragnarok along with her purple skill you generate a ton of green.

It's been very effective for me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

seravid posted:

If you think punching a hole in the board and dealing two to three thousand damage to the entire enemy team is terrible, I wanna know what you think is good.

If you have that many. Unless you're lucky as poo poo with the hero drops or have consistently won her in tournaments, you probably have her at 2 green covers like me. She's pretty much worthless without that 5th cover, meanwhile I have a storm that can cast lightning strike, or a Ragnarok to cast his green AP attack, or wolverine to make strike tiles, or basically anybody else with a more useful green ability

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

seravid posted:

250ish damage and 85 strength strike tile for every 5 red ap + 1 at the cost of 3 green ap.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, you're better off pairing Grey Widow with Wolverine to use all that green AP slashing people to death.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

250ish damage and 85 strength strike tile for every 5 red ap + 1 at the cost of 3 green ap.

That's six times, for the max AP needed, so about 6 uses, and probably around 12 strike tiles total with 1500 damage

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
My Wolverine is missing 4 covers, okay? :mad:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

seravid posted:

My Wolverine is missing 4 covers, okay? :mad:

Then spend the 2,000 hp. He is awesome. I take out max ragnarok teams with him and Thor.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So is there a reason to clear off all the rewards from a group of missions?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Like completing a chapter thoroughly, right? Unfortunately, you don't get anything, maybe they'll add something in the future. I've seen someone make a thread about it on their forums but as of now it's zilchville. Just your own peace of mind that juggernaut has been pulverized.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Also, if any of you are "Gestalt" I'm sorry for scooping you out of a comfortable second place (before I blasted through the difference between 2nd and 3rd was like 200 points) but that will teach you to sit around during the last 2 hours of the tournament :smug:
You son of a bitch :argh:

I was actually active on and off sustaining my place but I lost track of time in the last twenty minutes and forgot to be there for the finish line.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Like completing a chapter thoroughly, right? Unfortunately, you don't get anything, maybe they'll add something in the future. I've seen someone make a thread about it on their forums but as of now it's zilchville. Just your own peace of mind that juggernaut has been pulverized.

Lame, don't the other card/puzzle games have something where you clear the whole map and you get something?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Lame, don't the other card/puzzle games have something where you clear the whole map and you get something?

Yeah the Facebook marvel game does that, but not this one.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

When does the Alaska mission end? I haven't started the Hunt tourney yet.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

You son of a bitch :argh:

I was actually active on and off sustaining my place but I lost track of time in the last twenty minutes and forgot to be there for the finish line.

I was really worried because I kept getting attacked down to 608 so one win from you would have ranked me. All you had to do was be around and it would've been a nail biter.

Then some dude with 809 points attacked me for some reason and I got 39 points from him :smug:

At least you only missed the green cover, the ISO reward was like 250

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="422850155"]
When does the Alaska mission end? I haven't started the Hunt tourney yet.

It ends in a little under four hours. If you jump in right now you can sweep through it all and probably end up in the top 50

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At least you only missed the green cover, the ISO reward was like 250
Yeah, I only missed the single most important cover for her t:saddowns:t

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I guess this isn't the place for me to talk about my 5/2/3 level 97 Iron man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rubberbanding gave me 500+ points for that last alaska mission. :stare:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, I only missed the single most important cover for her t:saddowns:t

That's the purple one. All them green tiles for wolverine :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plus two more pages. :sigh:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Haha a one-yellow IM40 paired with C.Storm is so ridiculous in the Thornament. IM40 is a big recharging station for red AP, which lets Thor spam his red attack, which matches more yellow, and can be used again for IM40s red AP recharge or Thors yellow power, which generates green, which lets C.Storm clear the board.

This almost feels like cheating.

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 7, 2013

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
I'm wondering if to fill the 10 days that the cycle might repeat a couple times for multiple alaska/florida/savage lands excursions. Might travel elsewhere though.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

WetSpink posted:

I'm wondering if to fill the 10 days that the cycle might repeat a couple times for multiple alaska/florida/savage lands excursions.

Probably, since now Alaska is showing "event in 11h 43m".

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Okay, heroic hunt token, as long as it isn't Thor, mine's max covered.

gently caress you game!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Deep Winter posted:

Okay, heroic hunt token, as long as it isn't Thor, mine's max covered.

gently caress you game!

The shop for Heroic The Hunt says 2 star buffed hero or Invisible Woman. Does that mean only Modern Hawkeye and Thor are available? The preview pictures indicate other covers are, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The shop for Heroic The Hunt says 2 star buffed hero or Invisible Woman. Does that mean only Modern Hawkeye and Thor are available? The preview pictures indicate other covers are, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Aren't IM40 and Grey Widow also buffed for this event? My Heroic Token just gave me Grey Widow.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Thornament would be cool if my Thor weren't level 45 in a sea of level 70 hulks :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay, not going to experiment anymore but it looks like the selling prices of covers is only affected by how many levels it has and how much iso you've poured in. The amount of cards you've spent training a character does not appear to have any effect on sale price.

Level 1 1* Hawkeye with 10 trained cards - 100
Level 4 1* Hawkeye with same - 400 iso
Level 42 1* Iron MAn - 4200 iso

2* characters fetch 125 iso per trained level. They start at level 6, but that counts as their first. Each trained level after that adds 125 iso.

So if you want the most out of your characters as far as sale value goes, sell fresh covers. If you're selling established charactes, you're getting a tiny fraction back the more you've trained them.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Eddain posted:

Aren't IM40 and Grey Widow also buffed for this event? My Heroic Token just gave me Grey Widow.

I guess it's 2 star or higher, then.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Got IW Blue from mine, 1st place was ridiculous easy with a non-slacker bracket for my main Hunt bracket. 700pt lead at the end. I trained her with green and 2 blue covers. Feels like I wasted 150 HP but eh, maybe one day I won't regret it.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Thanks to the event my Thor is now 5/5/3. It's hammer time. :unsmigghh:

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Does linking to your steam account do anything?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Does linking to your steam account do anything?

It's close to impossible now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone else have three or so missions that won't open up in Florida? I've beaten everything there and the repeatables a few times and I still have some small yellow dots on the map.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Anyone else have three or so missions that won't open up in Florida? I've beaten everything there and the repeatables a few times and I still have some small yellow dots on the map.

It did that for me too, then they just opened up after a while. I think there were a couple of non-repeatable ones that it decided I hadn't actually done, and when I beat them again it worked. It was weird.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

I think we should add this to the OP

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

I can't stress enough how good wolverine is. I didn't use mine for a while due to me thinking he sucked like Dagan but after some levels his strike tiles can let you take on teams twice your levels (this lets you actually place in events and gets you even rarer covers).

My wolverine makes tiles with a power of 41. If I take some boost I can 3+ on the very first turn, god help the other team if the stage is a forest with some easy environment tiles. Hopefully I can get in at least 400th place so I can level him up more, I can't wait to see how ridiculous those tiles get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just noticed that somehow I'm in the Top 4 for the whole Hunt bracket! I pulled an IW with by Alaska heroic token so I could do the one Straggler mission, which I 'm sure helped the cause. I missed the end of the Top Shot tournament and only placed in the Top 25 because I had some friends over to help decorate my Christmas tree (Iron Man is on it, among many other geeky ornaments). If we still have eight more loving days, I wonder what else may come up that will gently caress me over.

My 5/3/2 IM40 is level 101 now, by the way.:smug: