Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
My schizophrenic grandma always knitted me these nightmarish non-euclidean wool sweaters and made me wear them and it turned me off of that stuff forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sabel posted:

Starbound soundtrack is really chilling me out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-QJ15mTcQ
I'm in space right now.

I got starbound its ehhh okayish.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Al Borland posted:

I got starbound its ehhh okayish.
yeah I didn't bother. just listening to the music.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

My schizophrenic grandma always knitted me these nightmarish non-euclidean wool sweaters and made me wear them and it turned me off of that stuff forever

ARGH THOSE ARE loving TERRIBLE. there are all these ladies on ravelry who knit them in heavily variegated expensive yarn like noro and without fail the look like people who would get kicked out of a renfaire for being too weird

PICK! remember when we were talking about inbred showdogs? :psyduck:
http://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/100-years-of-breed-improvement/

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Monster is a good anime

Very good.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sabel posted:

yeah I didn't bother. just listening to the music.

Good move honestly. Not flushed out enough its Terraria with a lil more to do right now. Some of its neat but I think i'd wait for a big steam sale on it. I don't feel i got 15 bucks worth out of it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

show dogs are gross, but it is important that some people still breed some lineages as working dogs, so for example some border collies ain't for show but they border collie like no border collie you've ever seen

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fruity Gordo posted:

ARGH THOSE ARE loving TERRIBLE. there are all these ladies on ravelry who knit them in heavily variegated expensive yarn like noro and without fail the look like people who would get kicked out of a renfaire for being too weird

PICK! remember when we were talking about inbred showdogs? :psyduck:
http://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/100-years-of-breed-improvement/

Thats a lot of mishapen skulls.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You know how some nights you just aren't in the mood to remove your makeup? Maybe you're already in bed and then you realize you didn't do it and the very idea of getting up, going to the washroom, using remover, cleanser, toner, moisturizer and whatever is just too much to face and you're all "gently caress it, I'll wake up with raccoon eyes instead." There is an easy solution:

Cold Cream.

It's not just for grandmas anymore! Prepare for those nights when you are exhausted (or lazy) by putting a jar or tube of cold cream and a dry cloth in your nightstand. Then when you realize you forgot to de-goop your face, just slather some cold cream on your face, massage it in for a few seconds, and then wipe it off as well as you can with the dry cloth, and go to sleep. Don't bother with a mirror or water, you are too tired for that. It takes less than a minute and you can do it without getting out of bed. It will take the majority of your makeup off, including waterproof mascara. You won't get 100% of the cold cream itself off with a quick rub, but that is fine, free moisturizer! If you are young and still using oil-free everything it may feel a bit weird at first, but it isn't likely to cause breakouts (certainly less likely than just not washing off your makeup at all).

Cold cream is awesome, and cheap too.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
^that is loving genius

Pick posted:

show dogs are gross, but it is important that some people still breed some lineages as working dogs, so for example some border collies ain't for show but they border collie like no border collie you've ever seen

yeah one of my childhood friends' parents bred working border collies and they were loving great, healthy dogs who were really popular as herders with the other farmers around town. lucky they had sheep and each other to chase because sometimes you just wanna play playstation GET OFF ME

that first pic with the pit bulls is just like... holy poo poo

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

or be your best friend like no golden retriever will ever be
unless you get one with a sense of humor
then you're hosed

they can be real jokers
they know when they're doing something bad
and they'll do it because your reaction amuses them

then they'll come wag their tail and lick your face and smile
and you forgive them
the devious dogge

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 7, 2013

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
we had a lab retriever with a sense of humour, she was such an awesome little poo poo :3: rip in piece millie, eating poops and digging up carrots in heaven

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Angela Christine posted:

You know how some nights you just aren't in the mood to remove your makeup? Maybe you're already in bed and then you realize you didn't do it and the very idea of getting up, going to the washroom, using remover, cleanser, toner, moisturizer and whatever is just too much to face and you're all "gently caress it, I'll wake up with raccoon eyes instead." There is an easy solution:

Cold Cream.

It's not just for grandmas anymore! Prepare for those nights when you are exhausted (or lazy) by putting a jar or tube of cold cream and a dry cloth in your nightstand. Then when you realize you forgot to de-goop your face, just slather some cold cream on your face, massage it in for a few seconds, and then wipe it off as well as you can with the dry cloth, and go to sleep. Don't bother with a mirror or water, you are too tired for that. It takes less than a minute and you can do it without getting out of bed. It will take the majority of your makeup off, including waterproof mascara. You won't get 100% of the cold cream itself off with a quick rub, but that is fine, free moisturizer! If you are young and still using oil-free everything it may feel a bit weird at first, but it isn't likely to cause breakouts (certainly less likely than just not washing off your makeup at all).

I know nothing about makeup but her's a video that gives good tips on doing your makeup super fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxdKPKdlsI

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
she didnt even EAT the carrots

she just knew

we tried to keep her out with chickenwire fences but that just amplified the challenge of murdering all our carrots for lols

also sneaking inside whenever she could and running ecstatic laps up and down the house because gently caress YOU MUM IM IN THE HOUSE WOOOO *crashes into a table and breaks a vase*

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 7, 2013

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fruity Gordo posted:

she didnt even EAT the carrots

she just knew

we tried to keep her out with chickenwire fences but that just amplified the challenge of murdering all our carrots for lols

also sneaking inside whenever she could and running ecstatic laps up and down the house because gently caress YOU MUM IM IN THE HOUSE WOOOO *crashes into a table and breaks a vase*

Sounds like your dog was a cat in a dog's body.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Al Borland posted:

Sounds like your dog was a cat in a dog's body.

no, thats standard bored lab behavior.

bored cats sleep

bored dogs RAMPAGE

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Then my cat is actually a dog. Or possibly a monkey, I don't know

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Oh my god, monkeys as pets.

All the guys I know are like "Ha ha, what a great idea for a pet, like a little dude who roams the house!! :haw:"

And all the women I know are like "Oh god, a little naked man who runs around and shits everywhere."

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow Jane posted:

Turns out its actually a horse.

Pick posted:

Oh my god, monkeys as pets.

All the guys I know are like "Ha ha, what a great idea for a pet, like a little dude who roams the house!! :haw:"

And all the women I know are like "Oh god, a little naked man who runs around and shits everywhere."

Monkeys / Chimps make the WORST pet ever. All they do is go insane and rip people's faces off.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My dad actually had one when he was a kid, he ordered it from the back of a comic book. He said it was a disgusting little beast.

I think monkeys are awesome, but I wouldn't want one as a pet

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Is this like the wizards thread for pretending to be ladies?

Are we all just men talking about innane poo poo and pretending to be ladies?

I am confused because of my autisms.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Cold Cream.

That's awesome, I'll go pick up some grandma cream tomorrow and try this out

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
i missed page 100 lame

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Motherfucker posted:

Is this like the wizards thread for pretending to be ladies?

Are we all just men talking about innane poo poo and pretending to be ladies?

I am confused because of my autisms.

Men pretending to ladies are okay. Men are also allowed to post as men here. This thread is for ladies, not femnazis, we aren't using this thread to secretly plot castrating every man on earth. Not until the price of sybians comes way down, anyway.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

VanSandman posted:

i missed page 100 lame

:owned:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

VanSandman posted:

i missed page 100 lame

Fruity got, like, eight posts on there. She was really rackin' 'em up

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow Jane posted:

My dad actually had one when he was a kid, he ordered it from the back of a comic book. He said it was a disgusting little beast.

I think monkeys are awesome, but I wouldn't want one as a pet

Holy poo poo this is amazing. I almost wish we lived in an era where you could order stuff like that off the back of a comic book for $5.00 still.

Would I ever get one? Hell no. But the fact that things were so loose and easily accessible always amazes me.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Angela Christine posted:

Men pretending to ladies are okay. Men are also allowed to post as men here. This thread is for ladies, not femnazis, we aren't using this thread to secretly plot castrating every man on earth. Not until the price of sybians comes way down, anyway.

why the gently caress are they so expensive
its a box with a motor and some gears and poo poo
not that hard to make
seriously you can get a push lawnmower for cheaper

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

Holy poo poo this is amazing. I almost wish we lived in an era where you could order stuff like that off the back of a comic book for $5.00 still.

Would I ever get one? Hell no. But the fact that things were so loose and easily accessible always amazes me.

It's really sad though, most of those monkeys weren't treated well and died quickly :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

VanSandman posted:

why the gently caress are they so expensive
its a box with a motor and some gears and poo poo
not that hard to make
seriously you can get a push lawnmower for cheaper

So then why don't you turn a lawnmower into sybian if you're so fuckin' smart, ey?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

So then why don't you turn a lawnmower into sybian if you're so fuckin' smart, ey?

AUGH

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sockser posted:

easier to use a plug-in tool
maybe a hedge trimmer
dont need gas fumes in your masturbation zone

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Al Borland posted:

It was a perilous time to be a kid. You could also get ads for brine shrimp that implied they'd look like tiny nuclear families.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They could even be trained. Training a shrimp

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
speaking of cats, raise your hand if you have cried at the Sad Cat Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnmcw6kJ2HQ

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Pick posted:

speaking of cats, raise your hand if you have cried at the Sad Cat Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnmcw6kJ2HQ

:raises paw:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the cat is sad :cry:

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

VanSandman posted:

easier to use a plug-in tool
maybe a hedge trimmer
dont need gas fumes in your masturbation zone

This is almost a beautiful haiku.

Almost. Try harder next time ...masturbation has too many syllables.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

It's really sad though, most of those monkeys weren't treated well and died quickly :(

Oh god i have no doubt they were paying some poor bastard in the middle east like 5 cents a monkey. So they were just running around grabbing them, stuffing them i tiny crates, and shipping them over.

Then the owners who are like 7 year olds no clue how to handle the monkeys.

Hell on earth. Amazing, but hell on earth for all.

Angela Christine posted:

It was a perilous time to be a kid. You could also get ads for brine shrimp that implied they'd look like tiny nuclear families.

No kiddin. I remember being suckered by sea monkeys as a 4 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I just googled sybian. Wow that seems like a lot of work and money.

• Locked thread