Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah, Heroic Hunt Token gave me my first Spider-man!

Now, to hunt down 12 more Spider-man covers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Back when you could accidentally level up characters with hero points if you mis-clicked, I put an extra level in Wolverine red and now I have him at 3/4/5. Is he going to be practically useless when leveled without 5 green? Just trying to figure out where to dump my iso.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Back when you could accidentally level up characters with hero points if you mis-clicked, I put an extra level in Wolverine red and now I have him at 3/4/5. Is he going to be practically useless when leveled without 5 green? Just trying to figure out where to dump my iso.

Honestly I would start working on another Wolverine cover. You get a ton of them these days. Hell, I even have a second Wolverine with 5/1/1 just from random covers and progression rewards. You really want a maxed green skill so you can create 4 85-attack Strike tiles with full color boosts at the very start of a tough fight.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mons Hubris posted:

Oh good, I don't have to worry about doing that by accident? I accidentally clicked that 150 HP Hawkeye lottery a couple days ago because I thought Standard covers would be right there.

What's the recommended CStorm build after the nerf? I have her at 5/2/2 after those tournament milestones. My Thor is at 3/3/3, too, but 5/5/3 makes the most sense on him. I wish I woulda paid more attention during that second Iron Man tourney -- I was really after another yellow Thor cover at 25-50, but I completely forgot about entering it until 2 hours to go, when I was at work last night. I played a couple rounds and was in something like 8th place, so I said what the hell, let's go as high as I could. I played for like, a straight hour, while mindlessly accepting forms, until I was in 1st place with a hundred point lead over the next two guys and 45 minutes to go. And they hadn't moved! It looked like they weren't playing anymore! Then, of course, I had to do some actual work before I closed up, and when I checked on it with 15 minutes to go, I was down to fourth somehow and 75 points behind the next guy. I shoulda stopped at 25th place. Actually, the Grey Widow covers I got look pretty neat, but I still don't want to use her without that green power. :(

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

C Storm should be 5/5/3 now, it used to be debatable but her yellow is terrible and not worth dumping two covers, or even a single extra cover in. Put her there and focus on using the green and blue.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

death .cab for qt posted:

C Storm should be 5/5/3 now, it used to be debatable but her yellow is terrible and not worth dumping two covers, or even a single extra cover in. Put her there and focus on using the green and blue.

Argh, I added a yellow to take her to 3/3/4 literally half an hour before the nerf went into place. Now it's a matter of settling on 5/4/4 or 4/5/4 (first world problems).

At least I finally got my 5th red Thor today. That's been fun to play with.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ratatozsk posted:

Argh, I added a yellow to take her to 3/3/4 literally half an hour before the nerf went into place. Now it's a matter of settling on 5/4/4 or 4/5/4 (first world problems).

At least I finally got my 5th red Thor today. That's been fun to play with.

Definitely 5/4/4. That fifth level is basically required, otherwise she's less useful than M Storm

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

:stare:

IM40 can stay

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Pretty much.

That move is a beast with enemies that can't move tiles. I can't wait to get another yellow cover so I can immediately use IM40's Blue skill right after :allears:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I just installed the game on Steam and there's no way to sync with Android, is there? It's really kind of frustrating to play the game and not have all my unlocks and stuff.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Two Hunt Heroic tokens

Two Green Thor covers

:negative:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just a heads up for these PVE things: fight once to get into a bracket and then stop. Chill out. Wait until the last 12 hours or so, then blast through the whole thing at once. I ended up #8 in Florida by doing that and it worked really drat well.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Just a heads up for these PVE things: fight once to get into a bracket and then stop. Chill out. Wait until the last 12 hours or so, then blast through the whole thing at once. I ended up #8 in Florida by doing that and it worked really drat well.

I was just going to post this. More or less.

I joined into The Hunt about 6 hours after it started and somehow ended up in a fairly slack bracket. I then, more or less accidentally, joined into the Florida bracket right when it started and didn't play it. I went in last night and everything was worth a few hundred points because of the whales in that bracket, which pushed me right to the top of the regular Hunt bracket by a fair margin.

If they ever do this again, try to dodge the whale brackets in the main event then aim for them in the side brackets to get a ton of points.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh, so that's how they're going to fill the 10 days of the event.

retro sexual posted:

I think we should add this to the OP

:mad: All that is already in the op. I'll stick it in as a tldr version.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 8, 2013

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I'm in a slacker bracket for my big hunt. I'm in the #2 spot with less than 8k points and have to say its going to be pretty great getting the top 1-3 punisher thing.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
What is the preferred build for Marvel NOW! Hawkeye?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Mine is 5/4/4 and I'm wishing I had gone 5/5/3, just for a faster countdown on Blast Arrow.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
This might help you decide,

Hawkeye (Modern)
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)
Electric Arrow - Blue 10 AP
Hawkeye shoots a charged arrow, placing a Blue Countdown tile on the board. It activates after 4 turns, dealing 200 to the current target and stunning them for 2 turns.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Stuns enemy for 3 turns.
Level 3: Reduces countdown to 3 turns.
Level 4: Stuns enemy for 4 turns.
Level 5: Reduces countdown to 2 turns.
Blast Arrow - Red 10 AP
Hawkeye shoots an explosive arrow, placing a Red Countdown tile. After 4 turns, it deals 120 damage to all enemies.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +25% damage.
Level 3: Reduces countdown to 3 turns.
Level 4: +25% damage.
Level 5: Reduces countdown to 2 turns.
Avoid - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) If there are more than 8 Purple tiles on the board, Hawkeye leaps out of the way of attacks, moving to the back of the team.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Requires 7 Purple tiles.
Level 3: Requires 6 Purple tiles.
Level 4: Requires 5 Purple tiles.
Level 5: Requires 4 Purple tiles.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I want all those abilities at 5. :mad:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Does it gently caress up for anyone else and sometimes let play Iron Men?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
That's awesome, Team Tony and Phony Stark.

For modern Hawkeye I was getting sick of rolling his covers and didn't realize how awesome he is until this event (his red hits the whole team and does more damage than maxed out Thor's red. Even without his supernatural 200% boost.) so now I'm stuck with a 3/5/5 I slapped together. His red is a definite 5, the other two are up to your discretion I'd say. Max purple is kind of amazing fucker never ever gets hit, unless an unlucky stun happens which isn't a big deal since he's invincible the rest of the time. He also avoids full team attacks like CStorm's tempest, etc with his purple passive skill. Blue at 3 isn't really busting my balls either, 3 turn stun 3 turn countdown is working out fine with the rest of his skills at 5.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

omnibobb posted:

What is the preferred build for Marvel NOW! Hawkeye?
I have him at 5/5/3 and he's unstoppable in this event.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I once again have clock running down on recruits and not enough spots and I'm unsure what I should keep and get rid of.

Currently I have on my roster:
Storm (Modern)
Iron Man 35
Captain America (Modern)
Thor (Marvel Now!)
Spider-Man (Classic)
Daken
Storm (Classic)
Black Widow (Modern)
Juggernaut
Moonstone
Wolverine (Astonishing)

Available:
Hawkeye (Modern) x5
Bullseye x2
The Hood
Magneto (Marvel Now!)
Black Widow (Original)

Like I never use Juggernaut or Black Widow I feel like they can go to the chopping block if needed, but I'm not sure what to replace them with really.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Evil Vin posted:

I once again have clock running down on recruits and not enough spots and I'm unsure what I should keep and get rid of.

Like I never use Juggernaut or Black Widow I feel like they can go to the chopping block if needed, but I'm not sure what to replace them with really.

Modern Hawkeye and Grey Magneto are definitely keepers. The Hood is your typical 'needs lots of covers to be good' 3-star and I don't really have an opinion on Bullseye or Original BW.

From your roster: Daken is somewhat redundant when you have Wolverine; same thing with Juggernaut and Thor; Moonstone is pretty much useless. I'd keep everyone else for now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Vin posted:

Currently I have on my roster:
Storm (Modern)
Iron Man 35
Captain America (Modern)
Thor (Marvel Now!)
Spider-Man (Classic)
Daken
Storm (Classic)
Black Widow (Modern)
Juggernaut
Moonstone
Wolverine (Astonishing)

Available:
Hawkeye (Modern) x5
Bullseye x2
The Hood
Magneto (Marvel Now!)
Black Widow (Original)

You can get rid of jugs and black widow modern. I have made max versions, sold them, and made max versions a few times. They are extremely common. Moonstone isnt that great either and she pretty rare. You are likely not going to be able to max her.

Hawkeye modern is pretty great and a decent replacement for Thor. His red does more damage per ap cost and damages the entire enemy team. His purple keeps him alive. You can swap out other characters in between fights to take the beating while Hawkeye destroys enemy teams. His blue does a ton of damage and stuns. Him with iron man and venom/daken/wolverine is a great team.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 8, 2013

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Yeah, I feel like they didn't even try with the rubber banding math on these events. I'm a little ticked because I started the savage event with six hours left, assuming that my repeatable a would regenerate enough for a second round before the end of the event. Now I'm stuck ~300 with only about 10 points per repeatable while new joins blow past me.

Between this and their progression rewards, I feel like D3 could really use a mathematician, or at least maybe run some simulations!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:lol: Modern Hawkweye can Avoid the damage caused by Thorned Rose on the forest stage.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Ghostlight posted:

:lol: Modern Hawkweye can Avoid the damage caused by Thorned Rose on the forest stage.
Yeah. It seems like whoever ends up in front doesn't take any damage, either. (?)

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Modern Hawkeye Discussion on this thread lead me to pump 32 levels into mine today, he's 4/3/3 so not too shabby. Has more hp than my unbuffed wolvie although I prefer Thor Wolvie MHawk if I'm not locked into some other character, for this tourney atleast.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
gently caress that last Alaska mission with Daken/Yelena/Bullseye. I was somewhat successful the last round with a IM40/Modern Hawkeye team, Iron Man would pump out red and blue for Hawkeye. But this round every single match when I put out any countdown tiles, the AI would somehow get cascades that took them out, or Yelena would use her power that turns your tiles into crits.

*sigh* All my precious health packs.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I just got this game and it has some really wonky idea of its own difficulty. I try an "impossible" fight on the Event missions and barely take any damage, but I've got a fight with Daken and some goons that's "Normal" and I can't even crack one of the three guys.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, difficulty is based purely on your levels vs the levels of the enemies in it. You'll learn to pick out the difficulty purely by wether its a mook or a villain and how high level the villain is.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Is anyone else's rank kinda messed up for this event? How is everyone else is at 6000 already even though it just started except for me who's at 200... And I think the thor event has hit a funny place because no one wants doom and everyone wants wolverine, so no one really is fighting for that top spot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The event's been going on for three days now, with the hotspots opening and closing. The 6000 pointers have been doing it for awhile longer than you, but rubberbanding should help you catch up, if you've got the guys levelled up for it.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
O no I mean the individual areas, not the entire even total. Like I finished alaska and got the heroic token for it, and it just came up again today and suddenly everyones in the 6000s

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Repeatables and rubberbanding. Some dudes have Ragnarok/Spidey teams which are pretty much god mode and can keep going forever.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
In having a lot of success with a max level M Black Widow, M Storm and Thor. If I boost blues and boost all before a match I only need 1 blue match to stun someone for 5 rounds and then let Thor go to work. It's great for taking out a high level threat like Ragnarok pretty quickly before he can spam his red ability every turn.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Well I got myself into a slacker bracket for the Thornament, now the question is whether to aim for first or second. Boosting Doom would really help for the lightning rounds.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Mons Hubris posted:

Well I got myself into a slacker bracket for the Thornament, now the question is whether to aim for first or second. Boosting Doom would really help for the lightning rounds.

Doom does seem more useful, but IW would unlock some missions for The Hunt.

Speaking of which, I did as recommended and only fought once to get in on the Florida bracket. Each mission is now worth a lot of points, as high as 1250. With one day and a half to go, what's the best course of action? Clear everything now, spam the repeatables tomorrow? I don't about the sub-events' reward, my goal here is to accumulate as many points as possible to get the 3-cover Punisher.

This rubberbanding thing is pretty confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

During PvP tournaments, is there any reason to NOT just skip people until you can find someone you can just roll over?