Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cannot Find Server posted:

Listen man, words on the internet are serious goddamn business.
You're telling ME???!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Well you see, my Ferrari 458 Italia and furthermore...

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
My Ferrari Four-Five-Eight Italia, sir.

Also, note to anyone who hasn't raced in one of Basticle's lobbies: the moment he leaves, everyone breaks out the comedy cars. Transits and Vanduras everywhere. Fair warning.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

They normally use those even when I'm there but I was hoping to avoid them last night.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
All my cars are joke cars. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaddion posted:

The best garage!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Kaddion posted:

And this is why my mains are a Pinto, a Gremlin, a Corvair, and an S700 Fiero :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kaddion posted:

That's only 'cause you're the one driving them

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

If Kaddion drove the Z3 M Coupe would the irony crash the server?

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

T1g4h posted:

And this is why my mains are a Pinto, a Gremlin, a Corvair, and an S700 Fiero :v:

I put my S700 Fiero in the club garage to compete against yours. :v:

Basticle posted:

If Kaddion drove the Z3 M Coupe would the irony crash the server?

I have one of those. It has a really bad C3PO paint job on it that I saw and went "yes, this is the perfect fit"

Kaddion fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 30, 2013

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I just picked this up, I'm terrible at racing and not much of a car person, but I'm a huge Top Gear fan and love being able to do laps around the test track. I'm down for getting my rear end kicked by other goons (360). GT: JXPrime

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Just dropping this here as well, Bundlestars currently has a bundle with Race07 in it and a bunch of the DLC's for like 3 bucks. Maybe interesting for some of the sim racing goons in here?

Link

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Race is p. awesome.

Just saying.

Built on the old rF1 engine though (just like GTR, GTR2 and GTL)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

So we never got together last weekend for a race, but I'd like to try again this weekend. I'm thinking 8pm GMT Saturday would be good, is anyone else down?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

So we never got together last weekend for a race, but I'd like to try again this weekend. I'm thinking 8pm GMT Saturday would be good, is anyone else down?
Promise me a little F-Class fun and you have my wheel.

Wait. GMT? You want me up and ready to race by 3pm? YOU MONSTER!!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

I'm up for GMT racing, I'll attempt to convince Luminaflare to join in as well.

on another note, i finally worked out that you can make car groups in your garage. No more accidentally showing up in drag cars!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Promise me a little F-Class fun and you have my wheel.

Wait. GMT? You want me up and ready to race by 3pm? YOU MONSTER!!

Sure. I was actually thinking of doing a run up from F to R1, since I missed the one that SAEG did a couple weeks ago for their sendoff.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Sure. I was actually thinking of doing a run up from F to R1, since I missed the one that SAEG did a couple weeks ago for their sendoff.

Let's do another one then, F-R1 was a blsat last time, even if we didn't do every class.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well I can, and would love to, do every single class. I love all the classes and have lots of cars in all of them.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Cool; I'll be there.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Sounds good. I'll try my damnedest to show up.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Goddammit, the lobby crashes are so bad now, holy poo poo. It's approaching pre-patch levels. Why is this happening?

e: I posted that after a lobby crash. Joined a new room, did a single race and then hardlocked :emo:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 5, 2013

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's their goal to drive you to buying an Xbone and Forza 5 and all of that sweet sweet DLC

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's their goal to drive you to buying an Xbone and Forza 5 and all of that sweet sweet DLC

I jokingly said this a while ago, but with how fast things have gone downhill the last few weeks, I'm really starting to wonder.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Forza's golden age was when it was "that other car game".

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza 4 will always be good.

Correction: Forza 4 will be better then everything. I've put too much time into this game to ever believe otherwise, no matter how good GT6 ends up being.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 6, 2013

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah, Forza 4 will forever be my top car game, at least until I can get an Xbone and 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, Forza 4 will forever be my top car game, at least until I can get an Xbone and 5.

Well, there is no way FM5 is better. But FM6 will hopefully be the true sequel to FM4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I added a bunch of unicorns to the club garage, along with my beloved Tesla. I hope some people get some good use out of them.

Also, me and whatcubed have been having a side competition of sorts in which we're trying to set times on all tracks in all classes, and Panda has said he might join in. So if anyone wants to join us in this madness, feel free!

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I added a bunch of unicorns to the club garage, along with my beloved Tesla. I hope some people get some good use out of them.

Also, me and whatcubed have been having a side competition of sorts in which we're trying to set times on all tracks in all classes, and Panda has said he might join in. So if anyone wants to join us in this madness, feel free!

To add even more insanity I'm using my Hennessy for R2/3.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Zinjnok posted:

To add even more insanity I'm using my Hennessy for R2/3.
Speed vs. Handling...I'm using my Furai for R2.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
An interesting article on the Furai:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/mazda-furai-concept-fire-2013-11-29

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Well, there is no way FM5 is better. But FM6 will hopefully be the true sequel to FM4.
If FM5 is the disappointment we're all afraid it will be, then I hope at least this much is true.

FM4, warts and all, is truly fantastic.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

You still planning on doing this? BTW, 8pm GMT is 3pm eastern time for us Americans.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

If FM5 is the disappointment we're all afraid it will be

The game came out two weeks ago and the response is pretty clear by now; it's the lowest rated Forza game by critics and users by some distance.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Do I need to leave AUGR to get in on the new club?

Gt: Eperitus for whoever is handing out invites. Thanks!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MalleusDei posted:

Do I need to leave AUGR to get in on the new club?

Gt: Eperitus for whoever is handing out invites. Thanks!
Yeah, you can only be in one club at a time. If you send a join request, I'll auth you. I'll be on shortly.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yeah, you can only be in one club at a time. If you send a join request, I'll auth you. I'll be on shortly.

Done. I don't think I can race this afternoon, but hopefully I'll catch you guys online soon.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm online so shoot me an invite if you guys get a lobby up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I've got a lobby up, sent you an invite. If anyone not in EASA or on my friends list wants to join, send me a message GT: whatcubed3

• Locked thread