Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

when I think logically about Disney movies, it's like "lol you fell in love in like a fuckin day you're going places" but I like to watch disney with my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Carecat posted:

Put some clothes on you filthy hobos. Hobettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwRMNCtfJ0

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Donkay NOoo posted:

when I think logically about Disney movies, it's like "lol you fell in love in like a fuckin day you're going places" but I like to watch disney with my heart

but frozen fixes this problem

all disney movies salvaged

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Angela Christine posted:

Wear some drat clothes. What if there is fire? You'll wind up on youtube.

Truly the worst of all fates. :gonk:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Donkay NOoo posted:

Goons will hate and pick apart anything. Stop being full of hate goons it's not good for you

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

but frozen fixes this problem

all disney movies salvaged

yeah pretty much, I was skeptical when I heard they weren't gonna do fairy tales anymore but I guess they just meant the fairy tale love stories which is fine by me

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Shithouse Dave posted:

Ooh, which city? I might know some of house goony fucktards :)

Also I gotta be honest, Disney movies kind of give me the creeps. Here is a cat by way of apology for hating a thing.

E: NAKED POSTING RIGHT NOW

MY HERO im wearing a shirt with woody Guthries guitar on it and some shorts robbed from someone bc gently caress getting dressed every time I have to go smoke on the balcony

Worst thing about living in a flat imo, you can't be naked as much

This was a sydgoon one, but if you're in Melbourne Freudian slip proposed the awesome idea of a bunch of us Sydgoons going down for the comedy festival for a weekend, which I love. I've only ever been to melbourne ever as a festival drone and the loving notion of going down for a weekend and then going home is like amazing, as well as the idea of seeing something other than the spruiking route, the hostel and the loving industry bar cheesum cripes. when you do a baby show at the festival you stay for the whole month and almost every day you're spruiking on the street and on your days off you nap in your lovely hostel bed and furiously advertise your terrible show on social media aaaaaaaaaa flashbacks

In short, if you're in Sydney or Melbourne, there is a rad goonmeet coming up because you will get to see me social working my way down flinders st during the loving festival and then cackling because I am free freeeeeeee

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

go see frozen

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

no but seriously, oldboy is the worst movie possible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
which one

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
new one

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what makes it so bad? legit curio

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

boom boom boom posted:

no but seriously, oldboy is the worst movie possible
thx for tip

Pick posted:

what makes it so bad? legit curio
boom^3 explains it pretty well here

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh. Oh wow. That sounds like it sucks poo poo out of Satan's rear end.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't have a lot of experience talking about art, so this is gonna be muddled,but whatevs

It's needlessly cruel, it tries to use images and fails, the big hallway fight scene is paced weirdly and divided into two hallways and discrete groups of enemies so it doesn't work, the bad guy is a cartoonish, effete british man with a beard slightly less over the top comically evil than the gamesmaker from the hunger games,they give samuel l jakcson moments to me "cool" even though that doesn't work for the character or his role in the film at all, it makes the main charcater too much of a scum bag at the beginning and then adds a ridiculous overcoming alcoholism plot while he's in the room so his character is muddled and doesn't work in the rest of the movie. in the orignal the guy becomes obsessed with revenge while he's in the room so his violent revenge spree makes sense, but in the new one he becomes obsessed with being a good father so the violent revenge spree doesn't make sense for him.
The bad guys plan doesn't make sense, he keeps giving Brolin alcohol and doesn't slip him anti-psychotics in the water like was mentioned in the original, so there's zero reason to expect him to not be an non-functionaing absolute wreck of a human being at the end, and he doesn't do the hypnotic suggestion thing, which was a bit of a stretch in the original but at least it explained why the main guy and the girl fell for each other, in the remake it just happens because it has to for the plot.
It tries to use images, but it doesn't work, scenes don't work, dialogue is bad, there's a character added to give the girl a happy ending, but since the rest of the film is still based on the story about how revenge fucks up everyone, that doesn't work, the ending is dumb, the kicked up a notch extra hosed up secret motivating the bad guys is dumb and needlessly cruel and is supposed to be shocking but just comes across as gross.
Like, that's the whole movie, it tries to kick the original up a notch and be shocking and out there but it's just gross and dumb and pontless.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Angela Christine posted:

Wear some drat clothes. What if there is fire? You'll wind up on youtube.

Same for always wearing underwear. You might get run down by a car and then die from shame.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

have your dogs dumber than horses learned how to open their eyes yet?

their eyes are literally fused shut by thin skin at first
ill go check for eyes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
where we're going...

we won't need eyes to bark bark bark bark woof woof bark

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I tried ironing in my underwear once and ended up with a burn on my leg

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
no eyes yet, by my estimate two days for them to start to open (they open from the tear duct out) and about a week for all of them to have open eyes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

no eyes yet, by my estimate two days for them to start to open (they open from the tear duct out) and about a week for all of them to have open eyes

at this age horses are in college :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

at this age horses are in college :colbert:

as glue doesnt count

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

as glue doesnt count

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

good for the horse

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh man i just realised i lost my icon when i got banned, r.i.p. avshafairy 2013-2013

i can post again now and i'm drat happy. ty to my comrades in the irc channel for keeping me sane during this terrible, terrible time. you are all actually p cool dudes and/or dudettes

this is how you make me feel:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Avshalom posted:

oh man i just realised i lost my icon when i got banned, r.i.p. avshafairy 2013-2013

i can post again now and i'm drat happy. ty to my comrades in the irc channel for keeping me sane during this terrible, terrible time. you are all actually p cool dudes and/or dudettes

this is how you make me feel:

time to bird post

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo the Oldboy remake is already out?

I literally can not wait to completely sit on my rear end and ignore it forever.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

good for the horse

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have a baby animal photo for every occasion

my Idyllic Rural Childhood also included horses (well not really but someone randomly gave us a free standardbred mare a few years ago and things escalated)

this is tommy, racing name Bone Machine. he's about four years old now but these photos were taken during the most important time of his life

he's currently in training to be a glorious trotter, his sister was p. good until she broke her leg (r.i.p. :smith:) so we have high hopes

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i've never had a kitten though

life: incomplete

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh my gooooooooooooooooooooorrshhhh he's so cute!!!!! :3:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

oh my gooooooooooooooooooooorrshhhh he's so cute!!!!! :3:

racist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Horses aren't a race!!

Though if they were, call me Horsey McStalinhitler

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well you know who else liked Tinkerbell

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

Well you know who else liked Tinkerbell

Look, it's a totally adequate movie

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pick posted:

totally adequate

That was my nickname in high school.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
mine was related to my creepy, finger-like toes :(

you could totally do a toe to hand transfer

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Donkay NOoo posted:

Goons will hate and pick apart anything. Stop being full of hate goons it's not good for you

I just like to laugh and have a good time. Picking apart only for the sake of fun and laughs. the bile aspect I've never gotten.

If you can't smile and have a laugh at it whats the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

mine was related to my creepy, finger-like toes :(

you could totally do a toe to hand transfer

grasping things with my feet is a skill i never wish to give up
i will keep my fingertoes

• Locked thread