Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There are sometimes surprise thunder storms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i mean if she chose the place and you arent unatractive and dont treat her or her choices like poo poo youll pmuch get laid for sure but maybe not on this date depends on that girl

i know ladies are pretty much really bad at telling if they are good looking or not so that part doesnt really help you but youll either have to gently caress up or shell have to be crazy for you to not have a chance i mean jesus gently caress shes an adult that chose to go to the rainforest cafe and shes super hot

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

Surely an aquarium would be a superior place to take a fish lover, rainforest Cafe is just really overpriced horrible food. Makes it worse than Applebee's

Okay today you will learn:

1. there is a small aquarium in the zoo, it is sort of close to a pareta bread
2. there is an aquarium in duluth, more culturally barren even than minneapolis
3. the best aquarium in the state is in mall of america

this is also where the rainforest cafe is

minnesota :smith:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

NecroMonster posted:

youll either have to gently caress up or shell have to be crazy for you to not have a chance i mean jesus gently caress shes an adult that chose to go to the rainforest cafe and shes super hot

My thought is mostly the crazy part on the other person's half.

Either way hope it works out for you.

EDIT:

Pick posted:

Okay today you will learn:

1. there is a small aquarium in the zoo, it is sort of close to a pareta bread
2. there is an aquarium in duluth, more culturally barren even than minneapolis
3. the best aquarium in the state is in mall of america

this is also where the rainforest cafe is

minnesota :smith:

You poor thing. Welp, enjoy the rainforest cafe.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I'm sorry.. I'm spoiled because aquarium of the Pacific is beautiful

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

i know ladies are pretty much really bad at telling if they are good looking or not so that part doesnt really help you but youll either have to gently caress up or shell have to be crazy for you to not have a chance i mean jesus gently caress shes an adult that chose to go to the rainforest cafe and shes super hot

i'm actually pretty sure this is a bad sign, hot + rainforest cafe enthusiast = ???? fear zone

but whatever, she's hot so let's at least test the waters HA. HA. HA.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dont be a slob dont mistreat her and make your intentions known

its funny how this advice works for either sex no matter their preferences

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

There are sometimes surprise thunder storms

I'm all down for this. Just not the rest of the rainforest cafe.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pick posted:

i'm actually pretty sure this is a bad sign, hot + rainforest cafe enthusiast = ???? fear zone

but whatever, she's hot so let's at least test the waters HA. HA. HA.

ill give you that its not encouraging

but really hot and really crazy go together like peanut-butter and chocolate or fish and butter and a non-stick frying pan

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It's raining but were INSIDE??!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gorilla: grwwaaaaa!! *arm vibrates*

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Last time I went to the aquarium they were playing a 3-D IMAX movie where CGI monkeys played baseball in a rainforest and taught us about deforestation

Get your priorities straight aquarium, I came here to see some loving fish

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Don't order fish she could be upset because it's dead

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Last time I went to the aquarium they were playing a 3-D IMAX movie where CGI monkeys played baseball in a rainforest and taught us about deforestation

Get your priorities straight aquarium, I came here to see some loving fish

last time i went to the zoo the aquarium was closed for renovations for the next year

i just wanted to see some giant japanese spider crabs

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
just be neutral and get the tilapia

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

NecroMonster posted:

ill give you that its not encouraging

but really hot and really crazy go together like peanut-butter and chocolate or fish and butter and a non-stick frying pan

Yeah crazy and hot always seem to go together. I never get it myself but w/e. I hope the crazy doesn't come out ever.

I need a wizard themed restaurant.

Actually now that I think about the rainforest cafe. If this was done back in the era of when you could buy a monkey off the back of a comic book. I bet it would be actual animals. IT would be horrible and amazing just to see. A massive train wreck.

The smell of caged wild animals, their screeching, etc... Almost as awful as the actual rainforest cafe!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Demon Of The Fall posted:

just be neutral and get the tilapia

What if she gets really pissed off that she orders a fish to eat though?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

good advice and all of this fish talk has reminded me that fish tastes loving amazing so try not to think about how food fish tastes you might offend her somehow if you mention this

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I dunno about you but having a meal with poo poo flinging monkeys sounds like my idea of a safe and enjoyable time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

she's a vegetarian so I think i'm likewise obligated for at least this meal

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
a vegetarian that wants to eat at the rainforest cafe s. m. loving. h.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pick posted:

and every meal you ever eat with or around her

she probably also doesnt like people who like bits of dead animals much so maybe dont mention that you like bits of dead animals

poo poo you are doomed

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

I need a wizard themed restaurant.

i'm pretty sure that sorcery is the only explanation for Perkins

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sabel posted:

Life's an adventure!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

Life's an adventure!

A fatal one.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

It makes absolute sense now.

She buys into that bullshit tip you can do at the end that goes to "saving the rainforest." Printed on a piece of paper mind you. At least it was 20 years ago. I remember that cause I thought it was cool as a kid.

Holy poo poo Pick so many flags are going of. I hope us goons are wrong.

Sabel posted:

I'm laughing so hard. I'm a bad person.

Edit:
Out of wondering. What kind of expectations are you going into this with? I'm guessing not much.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 8, 2013

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you do sciency things with animals and she loves animals what could go wroahahahahahahahahahaha

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

Holy poo poo Pick so many flags are going of. I hope us goons are wrong.

Personally, I want it to go well. I don't know why you do, this has the makings of a remarkable tale of woe and horror.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i had never heard of the rainforest cafe until now

way to ruin everything, goons

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

Personally, I want it to go well. I don't know why you do, this has the makings of a remarkable tale of woe and horror.

I generally don't wish ill will on people. Especially nice ones.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

you do sciency things with animals and she loves animals what could go wroahahahahahahahahahaha

:shobon: I do really like animals and so does she, we can talk about critters and even if it doesn't ultimately spark, hopefully we both come away having had an informative conversation about trout.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean ideally we get beyond the trout stage but that's like my baseline.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

no really i wish you the best but lol its gunna be a nightmare unless you lie your drat assoff

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
trout are pretty cool

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

no really i wish you the best but lol its gunna be a nightmare unless you lie your drat assoff

Or maybe this will be the funny story of meeting someone wonderful who just makes an odd first impression ^:shobon:^

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
maybe she chose the rainforest cafe because it will make anything that happens after seem better.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boom boom boom posted:

maybe she chose the rainforest cafe because it will make anything that happens after seem better.

even genocide?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

boom boom boom posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

even genocide?

You haven't eaten at the rainforest cafe have you?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Maybe she picked it because she likes fish and knows someone who works there? Maybe she's having the "My date is s. hot but that usually means crazy" conversation with her roommate right now, and the roommate works there and is going to keep an eye on Pick and Pick's date.

You guys never think of the normal possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fabulist posted:

Maybe she picked it because she likes fish and knows someone who works there? Maybe she's having the "My date is s. hot but that usually means crazy" conversation with her roommate right now, and the roommate works there and is going to keep an eye on Pick and Pick's date.

You guys never think of the normal possibilities.

Personally I think shes probably talking to her aquarium at home about her big date coming up. Getting the fishes' opinions on what to do and what to talk about.

• Locked thread