Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I once cried on the campus shuttle because I got a text saying one of my highschool friends died :smith:.

e: I was actually on my way to therapy and the therapist acted like she didn't even care, precipitating me eventually switching therapists, again :emo:

Haha drat friends dying is a big reason to go to therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
well it wasn't why I was going that day but it seemed kinda important!! but she just looked at her notes and wanted to pick up from last time and I'm like????? something different happened, more urgent (!)

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

well it wasn't why I was going that day but it seemed kinda important!! but she just looked at her notes and wanted to pick up from last time and I'm like????? something different happened, more urgent (!)

Yeah I had two friends suddenly die once and that was pretty traumatic, but I wasn't considered a close enough friend by the university so they didn't give me poo poo help since I wasn't considered important despite these guys being two of my best friends, and promptly failed that semester while everyone else got free passes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
universities have the worst therapists, swear to god

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pick posted:

But the Rapists are the best.

I maek rape joke lol

*brofist*

I'm sorry I just got back from posting in E/N and am just blasting the last of the poo poo out of my posting orifice.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The people in the women's health center care more about the health of your relationships than the campus mental health professionals do.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

Some chick pretty much was asked who their closest friends were and since we had a dumb feud (all her side) she carried it over and made sure not to include me since I had just gotten back from abroad.

Pick posted:

The people in the women's health center care more about the health of your relationships than the campus mental health professionals do.

Ha my university doesn't even have any women's health or rape prevention centers, its rape city here

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I remember after one very, very necessary breakup I was like "welp I am kinda lonely now" and she was like "well apologize and try to reconnect" and I was like dumb idiot weren't you even listening to why we broke up in the first place??

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pick posted:

I remember after one very, very necessary breakup I was like "welp I am kinda lonely now" and she was like "well apologize and try to reconnect" and I was like dumb idiot weren't you even listening to why we broke up in the first place??

Ironic therapists only tell you the exact opposite of good advice.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

At least you get to talk to therapists, we have two week waiting periods between meetings, your first meeting after an intake is a month later, which means everything is hosed up way before then.

I pretty much have refused as well to never use a male college therapist since they all seem to encourage I should go get drunk at frat parties to fix my loneliness

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The female ones are terrible as well. Really just give me a therapy robot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Or maybe just like a flowchart.

>Does he make you feel bad and unsafe?
--Yes--
>Stay broken up with him

WOW, already better than what I got!!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

My current one has been okay and helped me salvage my semester, but I've gone through about four in two years.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiaZvdGO8U

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

My current one has been okay and helped me salvage my semester, but I've gone through about four in two years.

I had one snitch to my parents, which I think is illegal, but maybe it's not.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I had one snitch to my parents, which I think is illegal, but maybe it's not.

It is, my uni requires you to sign a release waiver for them to be informed unless you are younger than 18.

So yeah guess mine is better, but if you get assaulted your best defense is just be quiet and repress it since otherwise you'll just feel emptier

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

That picture cheered me up last night but I still cried at a party and I'm embarrassed

Eh, let it be more embarrassing for the guy who made you cry at a party wtf.

I cry at every movie no matter what because apparently I can't handle any emotion at all, so I've had to stop letting it embarrass me.

Also once I had a psychiatrist when I was 18 who asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no, and she said "really? It is getting late for you, no?"

defectivemonkey fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 8, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

It is, my uni requires you to sign a release waiver for them to be informed unless you are younger than 18.

That's when I was younger than 18. drat! I didn't know!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
tv lied to me

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

That's when I was younger than 18. drat! I didn't know!

Yeah, which can be awful since if your parents hate the gays and you tell a therapist under 18 you like the homo love they can tell your parents, have you get disowned, and nothing bad would happen to the snitch

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I honestly judge women on how morbid their sense of humor is.

If she can't crack a joke about dead babies proper then she gets thrown back into the vast sea of society.

So I'm very particular about that when getting into relationships.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

detectivemonkey posted:

Eh, let it be more embarrassing for the guy who made you cry at a party wtf.

I cry at every movie no matter what because apparently I can't handle any emotion at all, so I've had to stop letting it embarrass me.

Also once I had a psychiatrist when I was 18 who asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no, and she said "really? It is getting late for you, no?"

I'm a big movie crier too and yeah you're right why was he talking about such drat sad stuff anyway

Also terrible idiots going into psych is a tragedy

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Donkay NOoo posted:

I'm a big movie crier too and yeah you're right why was he talking about such drat sad stuff anyway

I think Up has the record for fastest cry for me when I was a teen

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What Dreams May Come once made me cry before I even got the DVD in

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
How was Rainforest Cafe date

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

I honestly judge women on how morbid their sense of humor is.

If she can't crack a joke about dead babies proper then she gets thrown back into the vast sea of society.

So I'm very particular about that when getting into relationships.

my gf's favorite movie is citizen ruth

she is a keeper

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Espy posted:

Way to make me feel old.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Carecat posted:

Way to make me feel old.

"You're only considered old if your junk don't work anymore." - Plato

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sabel posted:

How was Rainforest Cafe date

that's Wednesday

I'm in the lab now, and will be Monday, possibly overnight into Tuesday. I keep blankets and pillows here.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

that's Wednesday

I'm in the lab now, and will be Monday, possibly overnight into Tuesday. I keep blankets and pillows there.

I go to hole in the wall restaurants for first dates, clearly I am a hipster

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

Mine seems okay.

Espy posted:

Yeah I was teary eyed crying pretty fast to that one.

Donkay NOoo posted:

Donkay NOoo posted:

Some people become depressing drunks, which makes crying drunks cry. This is why I don't ilke to drink more than just getting buzzed at best.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Espy posted:

It's at least better than going to Olive Garden or Applebees.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

I'm just excited when someone else cooks my drat food

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

That is exciting.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's at least better than going to Olive Garden or Applebees.

Yeah, there's so much pressure to find a cool but accessible restaurant. One guy I dated took me to a Russian restaurant because he knew I was studying Russian. Had to power through that one because ugh.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Having a colorblind boyfriend is kinda fun, I find it kind of amusing when he asks me to pick out green for him
How is green your favorite color if you're always mixing it up with orange and brown, huh :argh:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

"You're only considered old if your junk don't work anymore." - Plato

When I had jury duty a witness described someone as "an old man, about 30-40" and that made the judge and solicitors crack the hell up. The judge was like 80.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Pick posted:

I'm just excited when someone else cooks my drat food

Post pics of your food via instagram.

My roomie does this sometimes, I'll murder her plants in revenge.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

detectivemonkey posted:

Yeah, there's so much pressure to find a cool but accessible restaurant. One guy I dated took me to a Russian restaurant because he knew I was studying Russian. Had to power through that one because ugh.

If you can't eat weird poo poo its a dealbreaker for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just think food instagramming is a way of showing you've completed a challenge.

• Locked thread