Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

omnibobb posted:

During PvP tournaments, is there any reason to NOT just skip people until you can find someone you can just roll over?

Wait for someone you can roll and is worth a least 20-25 points. Otherwise they can retaliate and you will lose more points then you gained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good god, went to sleep at 1, woke up at 400ish and 5000 points down. Good thing rubberbanding was giving me 1000 points for the first mission to catch up.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, from that update I guess that wasn't intentional then, haha. I have no idea how they managed to break everything, but I'm glad they did.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Man, the PVE in this game gets really hard. Draken's giving me a tough time - I'm trying to grind the last Thor part and he tears me apart 1/3 of the time if I don't heal up.

At least the impossible fights against the soldiers are doable. But seriously!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Black Widow is good for those fights as he won't heal or place strike tiles while stunned and it'll slow down his minions as he won't be funnelling AP straight to their abilities.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Yelena's team in the repeatable Alaska mission has been replaced by 3 level 15 HAMMER grunts for me, still giving 80 pts too.

e: aaand the 230 230 230 team is 3 level 60 HAMMER guys, but none of my team are boosted. Still an assload easier.

Thornament is totally gone from my listings though, I thought it ends in 5h40m?

WetSpink fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 9, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Probably more of a challenge than Yelena. :v:

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Heh, got a blue IW from the heroic token at 15k. Better grab some heavy reading, Sue, it's gonna be a while.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Grabbed a heroic token a 800 in the Thornament, now I'm in 2nd.

Jokes on them though. I don't want Doc Doom, I want moonstone. Crab away :smug:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

seravid posted:

Doom does seem more useful, but IW would unlock some missions for The Hunt.

Only one cover though, and Sue's missions are the highest level of the repeatables. Not sure how helpful that'd be, unless she's obscenely boosted.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

She's not boosted at all.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

She's not boosted at all.

:stare:

What in the gently caress

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just need her to be conscious for the mission. Under a dozen hit points? Good enough, get back in there.

Uh oh. I got the option to send out the 140 iso reward to only three people. Is that the new cap now?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 9, 2013

mania
Sep 9, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

I just need her to be conscious for the mission. Under a dozen hit points? Good enough, get back in there.

Uh oh. I got the option to send out the 140 iso reward to only three people. Is that the new cap now?

I wish I hadn't trained up Sue's powers. At lvl 38 her hit points are still terrible (like 200 hit points more maybe?) and she takes about 45 mins to revive. If I had kept them separate at least I could run her mission more often.

Isn't the send reward to 3 people option pretty common?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

mania posted:

I wish I hadn't trained up Sue's powers. At lvl 38 her hit points are still terrible (like 200 hit points more maybe?) and she takes about 45 mins to revive. If I had kept them separate at least I could run her mission more often.

Isn't the send reward to 3 people option pretty common?

At level 148 her hp is just over 4.5k

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've only seen send 70 to 3, or 140 to 10 (used to be 25) if you're not sharing mission special rewards, which are also to 3 people.

I'm wondering what their thinking with the Hunt was and if it's related. Have regular events that throw out tons of iso and reduce bonuses so people dont have to facebook scum as much.

10 days for the whole event feels like forever though. Wonder if there's more to come or if what we've seen is all we're getting.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

I'm on pins and needles. :supaburn:

No-one wants first place, so the top five aren't doing any more matches. Someone attack me! I want the dooms!

Xile
Nov 25, 2005

On the Seventh Day he made the Whopper.

Deep Winter posted:

No-one wants first place, so the top five aren't doing any more matches. Someone attack me! I want the dooms!

Same thing is happening in my group.
I retreated from a couple fights to lower myself back to #2

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I actually want rank 2 but I'm currently tied for first with another goon.

edit: Not anymore.

Evil Vin fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 9, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Deep Winter posted:

Man, I'm going for Moonstone, and I've had to keep clawing my way back into the 11-25 range. Lots of turnover from the people going for Doom, I guess.

E: also since I started playing this weekend I hadn't thought of waiting for rating slingshot near the end of the time limit, so I got high early and have been a nice juicy target for everyone.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

It's neck and neck!:ohdear:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Deep Winter posted:

You can attack people, surrender, and then yield to drop points.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Deep Winter posted:

It's neck and neck!:ohdear:

I'm happy with my ~10th place, thanks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo Dark Avengers tournament with Blue Spidey as one of the prizes! :eyepop:

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Dark Avengers tournament started, pretty weird, but huge rewards. First place is a bum IW cover, 2nd place gets one of each Spider-Man cover. Good luck shooting for the silver medal guys!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The new tournament looks fun! Also has moonstone rewards which meshes perfectly with my decision to nab all her covers. She's at 1 Purple, 3 black, 1 Red now.

They're really trying to trickle out invisible woman now. It's gonna be great when everybody wants those Spidey covers and somebody gets stuck with IW :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sweet, time to sit out a tournament because my only levelled Dark Avengers are a 50 Daken and 20 Bullseye.

Also I like this new thing they're doing where #1 is a booby prize for whales who have everything else.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
When do you receive the rewards from the tourneys? I was still in a game when the event flipped and I didn't see anything?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Here's hoping

means #2 but the fact that I'm still waiting for my reward means somebody probably passed me :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When everyone in your bracket finishes playing plus a minute or two, usually.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Things were all calm in my slacker top 2, and then 3 other people started climbing and we were all trading off with getting attacked and getting our own points. I have no idea if i'm going to get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Top 50 finish and got me a Moonstone and some HP. Pretty happy since I still have no idea what I'm doing outside of the basic.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang it I got third place :sigh: I was 2nd for the last 15 minutes and someone must have past me in the last minute or two.

Oh well at least my doctor doom is 5/1 now,

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I actually went to take a nap, expecting to wake up before the tournament's end. I woke up just after it ended. I'm so irritated now. I had those Doom covers in the bag :cry:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
My moonstone is almost maxxed out, and I just scored two Doom covers. I'm pleased with the result. :)

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Whew! That went well. Stressful, but well.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Number 12, so I get all the moonstones. How long does it normally take to get the prize?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Top 5 finisher. I was hoping for top 2, but my Doom is one more step towards perfection.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
My 2nd equal counted for top 2, wonder if it did for that other guy too. Doom 3/2 now, he's my best out of my Lightning Round characters now, maybe I can put in a better showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I got top 5 too, I'm not sure how. When the round ended I was in first (frantically trying to yield more matches, but I was still in first when it ended. Then someone yielded to me and I got even more points. I'm just glad that I got two dooms rather than 1 Sue Storm.

OK, I am not sure what to do for this tournament. I definitely want to pick up the two blue spideys I need this week though.

I have a Ragnarok at his max level for the covers I have (77) and a max level venom.

At basic levels (6 or 1) I have: Moonstone, Bullseye, Yelena. Level 37 Daken. All of these characters have max covers (except Moonstone, I still need two black for her).

Should I just level up Daken, because I won't be able to put anyone else up serious levels?