Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Greggy posted:

my marklar always said marklar is like a marklar of marklar
Secret actual inspiration found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Chocolate, I am your father. Search your chocolate, you know it to be true.

Oh man, imagine doing this with words other than chocolate, like ptarmigan or quiche! Is that a stretch goal?

Taffy is the stretch goal.

I appear to be more witty than the chocolate movie kickstarter people.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ErIog posted:

I appear to be more witty than the chocolate movie kickstarter people.

Most multi cellular organisms are wittier than those people. There's colonies of ocean kelp just waiting to evolve eyes so they can roll them at that kickstarter.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532967&pagenumber=636&perpage=40#post422939370

If you've never heard of Bob or Bob's game you should look it up. And start watching the OUYA thread. It is about to deliver for the holidays big time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is there a card for the film Chocolate? :haw:

Ketchup.
May 11, 2013

by Baldo di Gregorio
What was the kickstarter watch called that turned out to be a fraud? I think the dude changed the straps to make it look different or something.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Ketchup. posted:

What was the kickstarter watch called that turned out to be a fraud? (...).

"The rock". The "designer" has since appeared in the comments claiming innocence.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

So this fucker (Vak Sambath) did get 16k at indiegogo (getdeka.com). Who wants to bet no backer will get anything at all?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grim Up North has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Dec 9, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bad Munki posted:

HOLY poo poo YOU MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING. Just imagine...

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a MANGO CHUTNEY!"

Well gently caress me gently with a chocolate.

Honestly, the most fun you could have with the "choclatizing" game is replacing every card with one for Pulp Fiction.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Storin' dead chocolate ain't my rooty toot tootin' business

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Chocolate... reigns...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grim Up North posted:

So this fucker (Vak Sambath) did get 16k at indiegogo (getdeka.com). Who wants to bet no backer will get anything at all?

Here's the indiegogo page:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deka-the-most-customizable-smartest-bluetooth-headset

Their project goal was $100,000. They only raised $16k but they'd set their project as flexible funding

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in hot chocolate.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna gently caress with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, chocolate

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Al Borland posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532967&pagenumber=636&perpage=40#post422939370

If you've never heard of Bob or Bob's game you should look it up. And start watching the OUYA thread. It is about to deliver for the holidays big time.

Oh my god.

Okay, so he's making a tetris clone, and he's just generally doing the passive-aggressive OUYA-dev-on-SA thing. Are you sure he's not dreamzle (whose game also made it to this thread—incredible)?

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

I don't know if I can even think of a movie quote that would take more than .1 seconds to recognize if one word was replaced. The quote would have to be only two or three words long to begin with and you'd have to say it completely deadpan so the inflection didn't give it away. The project creator strikes me as someone who would be easily stumped, though.

I like how it's also a functional playing card deck so when you get completely bored of the game after two rounds you can play something challenging like Go Fish.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
What sort of fencepost brained motherfucker prides himself on an encyclopedic knowledge of movie quotes? How empty does your life have to be that this is a skill worthy of even one second of your precious, short, stupid life?

I want to drag that guy to a cliff on a mountain by the ocean so he can watch the sun rise and think about the monster he has become.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jett posted:

I don't know if I can even think of a movie quote that would take more than .1 seconds to recognize if one word was replaced. The quote would have to be only two or three words long to begin with and you'd have to say it completely deadpan so the inflection didn't give it away. The project creator strikes me as someone who would be easily stumped, though.

You could just get super esoteric

You are a young man dressed as a chocolate about to be murdered.

I'm not a thief, really. I've never found any chocolate worth keeping.

I can imagine no way in which this thing could be considered anywhere remotely close to chocolate.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo I just watched his pitch video. His first example was using a quote from Terminator 2 and what he came up with was "I'll be back ... after I get a chocolate bar."

How the hell can he gently caress up so badly in a game which he invented??!?!? :psyduck:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Your chocolate is writing checks your body can't cash.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Do you think I would be able to fund development of my general purpose air-driven Small Mammal Tubular Linear Catapult, or would it just result in my arrest and incarceration for felony bastardy?

This is a much improved design based on the MK 1 Cat Mortar, which was poorly received.
The Manatee Cannon was a total failure in testing. Breech failure.

The design and prototype is complete, I mainly need money for tooling and a production floor.
The deluxe model has rifling for greater accuracy.

zimboe has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Dec 9, 2013

Ketchup.
May 11, 2013

by Baldo di Gregorio

1-Up posted:

"The rock". The "designer" has since appeared in the comments claiming innocence.

Has it been suspended then?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy poo poo I just watched his pitch video. His first example was using a quote from Terminator 2 and what he came up with was "I'll be back ... after I get a chocolate bar."

How the hell can he gently caress up so badly in a game which he invented??!?!? :psyduck:

no way man that's just what we call thinking outside the chocolate, hehe see what i did there; like check this out: hold onto your butts and also get some chocolate, hahaha see we're just adding a little extra challenge my good man

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Luca Brasi sleeps with the marzipans.

Cuz he's fat.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

zimboe posted:

Do you think I would be able to fund development of my general purpose air-driven Small Mammal Tubular Linear Catapult, or would it just result in my arrest and incarceration for felony bastardy?

This is a much improved design based on the MK 1 Cat Mortar, which was poorly received.
The Manatee Cannon was a total failure in testing. Breech failure.

The design and prototype is complete, I mainly need money for tooling and a production floor.
The deluxe model has rifling for greater accuracy.

Heh heh heh kill a cat buddy kill a manatee put a hampster in a potato gun and fire it in youre butt

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ketchup. posted:

Has it been suspended then?
It sure has:
Funding for this project was suspended 2 days ago.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GBS 2.1> Photoshop chocolate into famous movies

Pomp has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Dec 9, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Pomp posted:

GBS 2.1> Photoshop chocolate into famous movies
You should actually post this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jett posted:

In his awful pitch video he tries to deliver the lines as close as they are in the movies and his Arnie impersonation is terrible.

He decided to list 6 movies on every card and I guess he ran out of really quotable movies before he filled all 312 slots since he included a bunch which are pretty drat unquotable:

Yeah there's lots of great quotes in Philadelphia for a fun family card guessing game:
"Are you a homo? Are you a queer? Are you a human being? Are you a fruit? Are you chocolate, sir? "

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

het posted:

You should actually post this.

Okay?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

In his awful pitch video he tries to deliver the lines as close as they are in the movies and his Arnie impersonation is terrible.

He decided to list 6 movies on every card and I guess he ran out of really quotable movies before he filled all 312 slots since he included a bunch which are pretty drat unquotable:

Yeah there's lots of great quotes in Philadelphia for a fun family card guessing game:
"Are you a homo? Are you a queer? Are you a human being? Are you a fruit? Are you chocolate, sir? "

man pillow talk, who alive today can even remember pillow talk? i remember it because i'm old as poo poo, but it's not quite a classic. only thing i remember about that movie was how obvious it was that rock hudson and tony randall were loving and doris day was just kinda uncomfortable the whole time

"hey tony randall wanna give each other blowjobs and grab a chocolate bar?"

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Jett posted:

I don't know if I can even think of a movie quote that would take more than .1 seconds to recognize if one word was replaced.
Here you go: The most memorable quote from Patton has got to be "Nuts!"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Here you go:
The most memorable quote from Patton has got to be "Nuts!"

Something something something we will grease the wheels of our tanks with their chocolate?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flipperwaldt posted:

The most memorable quote from Patton has got to be "Nuts!"
I disagree.

"Chocolate, you tasty chocolate, I ate your chocolate!"

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I've got to be mixing up Patton with Battle of the Bulge or something then.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I dare anyone to remember a memorable quote from Peggy Sue Got Married without looking it up, let alone swap the word 'chocolate' into it in a humorous fashion yet in a way that kids might somehow recognise.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

I dare anyone to remember a memorable quote from Peggy Sue Got Married without looking it up, let alone swap the word 'chocolate' into it in a humorous fashion yet in a way that kids might somehow recognise.
Considering it came out in 1986, I dare anyone to find a kid that recognizes the movie at all.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Elysiume posted:

Considering it came out in 1986, I dare anyone to find a kid that recognizes the movie at all.

The only thing I remember about it is that it has Kathleen Turner in it, she somehow time travels back into the '50s (not like in a cool "revving the Deloren to 88mph" way), and there's a scene where she breaks out laughing when she in the past sees that her father bought an Edsel. It's like a lamer, less memorable Back To The Future.

Young Freud has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Dec 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Noyemi K posted:

Oh my god.

Okay, so he's making a tetris clone, and he's just generally doing the passive-aggressive OUYA-dev-on-SA thing. Are you sure he's not dreamzle (whose game also made it to this thread—incredible)?

The account is pretty old and I honestly get the feeling this may actually be Crazy Bob.