Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gently caress I LOVE THERMAL UNDERWEAR IN WINTER

right now i'm cringing at the thought tho bc i am naked but still not naked enough to escape this infernal heat gently caress u summer where is my pool

NAKEY SNIPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
It's a dry 85 degrees at 8:30 here, hohoho

I'm gonna go to the beach after work

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

everyone stuck for christmas gifts for ladies, this shop is really cool: http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/wendigoeater2

it's where a group of huichol artisans from near jalisco sell their folk art, and it's super beautiful and relatively cheap. a lot of indigenous mexican people make their living from making and selling traditionally-inspired hand-done beadwork, weaving and sculpture, and huichol are leaders in this kind of folk art economy. at this shop you can get peyote flower necklaces for under $20, beaded sculptures for about $25, beaded gourd bowls for under $40, and some pieces of jewellery like earrings and bracelets and simpler necklaces for like $10. i have a gourd bowl that i hung on my wall from them and my mum bought me a necklace from there for a present this year because i asked her to, it's a really cool shop and the money goes back into the community which is great because huichol peoples make a lot of their meagre living from selling their art. there are lots of other suppliers of huichol folk art but i've only bought from this group so far

also if you have a knitter or crocheter in the family and want to buy a really cool, meaningful and vaguely humanitarian gift, there's also this site: http://store.darngoodyarn.com/
it's run by an american ex-military woman who decided to do something decent after fighting for imperialism, so now she sells recycled sari yarn which is child-labour-free and pays nepalese and indian women a living wage for hand-spun/dyed yarn. $13 for 150 yards seems dear, but that's because the yarn industry is revolting and operates primarily in countries were workers aren't payed a living wage and are sacked and left to die in the gutters coughing their lungs out after breathing in fibres for years. ethical wool is hard to find, and this yarn is ethical imo

THIS IS AWESOME I'll get my mom some yarn for sure. She usually spins her own, but sometimes she'll accept yarn in cool colors.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

It's a dry 85 degrees at 8:30 here, hohoho

I'm gonna go to the beach after work

I'm in Miami and it's crazy hot. Also there are Christmas decorations and that is pretty confusing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last night it was 44 degrees when I got out of work, and only 4 degrees warmer back home by the beach.

That's the equivalent of negative a billion down here! I'm gonna need a bigger coat! Have an ICE day!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

detectivemonkey posted:

THIS IS AWESOME I'll get my mom some yarn for sure. She usually spins her own, but sometimes she'll accept yarn in cool colors.

omg i love being useful

also your mum rules, spinners rule

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

detectivemonkey posted:

I'm in Miami and it's crazy hot. Also there are Christmas decorations and that is pretty confusing.

You're going to miss the five inches of snow here in bmore tomorrow

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

You're going to miss the five inches of snow here in bmore tomorrow

Don't worry, I'll be appropriately affected -- I'm supposed to fly back tomorrow night.

You guys, if you go to the Everglades they basically just hand you baby alligators everywhere you go.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

detectivemonkey posted:

You guys, if you go to the Everglades they basically just hand you baby alligators everywhere you go.

I think I would enjoy this :3:
TELL ME MORE

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

vaguely posted:

I think I would enjoy this :3:
TELL ME MORE

i like your avatar :3:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
do you get to keep the baby gators or do they make you give them back when you leave?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

do you get to keep the baby gators or do they make you give them back when you leave?

They were watching pretty carefully but there was a pit of baby alligators at one place so i could probably have gotten away with one. I value my fingers though, so I decided to leave them.

Also my cats would have been pissed.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Speaking of Baltimore and reptiles, there was a dude on Greenmount selling teeny little baby turtles a few weeks ago. I was extremely tempted, but I have no idea how to take care of turtles so I passed.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of Baltimore and reptiles, there was a dude on Greenmount selling teeny little baby turtles a few weeks ago. I was extremely tempted, but I have no idea how to take care of turtles so I passed.

I remember you were talking about that in the BB Crew thread! I wish people sold turtles around here, all we have in the way of sidewalk businesses is people selling fruit with salt and chili powder, which is all well and good but a far cry from adorable turtle babies

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It was certainly one of the more surreal experiences I've had lately. He didn't have a stand or anything, he was just walking down the street selling turtles. And fruit with salt and chili powder sounds delicious, I need to try that.

Also wanted to add that while knit tights are warm, they suck in every other possible way.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Aaaaaaaaaa... but it's got a pink heart background :yayclod:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pupdate: Eyes are opening. Will show photos soon.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
SHOW ME THE PUPS

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's a huge new exciting world for them, they must be so freaked out :3:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the university had their therapy dogs in the lobby so we could go pet the dogs, pet the dogs, dog pet, pet the dogs

it's funny how sufficient stress makes you basically incapable of thought and you're just like

pet

pet the dog

dog dog!

dog dog pet

yay happy

pet dog

dog dog

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

the university had their therapy dogs in the lobby so we could go pet the dogs, pet the dogs, dog pet, pet the dogs

it's funny how sufficient stress makes you basically incapable of thought and you're just like

pet

pet the dog

dog dog!

dog dog pet

yay happy

pet dog

dog dog

same

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i wish my university had therapy dogs, here they just tell you to stay abstinent and off drugs

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
One of my favorite pastimes growing up was getting really stoned and then going to the animal shelter my friend worked at and hanging out with the puppies and kittens :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I would end up with severe debt and a house full of animals if I did that

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If you would like to see the pups, come into the IRC.
Synirc channel #girlz
or
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.synirc.net&channel=%23girlz

I will provide a link to the webcam.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
im "dickfarts"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

why is the endgame always IRC

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick posted:

pet

pet the dog

dog dog!

dog dog pet

yay happy

pet dog

dog dog

my college has this every finals week and I missed it this quarter but it's called Therapy Fluffies and last time I went they had a corgi and a pug and some sort of large fluffy dog

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

why is the endgame always IRC

easier for VanSandman to isolate his victims

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

easier for VanSandman to isolate his victims

my plans. no.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
you have thwarted my plans.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
dogs dogs

pet the dog

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I saw a Corgi puppy enjoying his first snow yesterday. He was ridiculous.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crow Jane posted:

I saw a Corgi puppy enjoying his first snow yesterday. He was ridiculous.

all corgis are ridiculous

its why they're so awesome

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Pick posted:

pet

pet the dog

dog dog!

dog dog pet

yay happy

pet dog

dog dog

This but with kittens for me. I went to my Aunt Joni's house over Thanksgiving and she had 7 foster kittens and seriously the only thought in my head was "fluffy kitty pet the kitty so fluffy pet pet pet"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

my school had therapy dogs for exam week

i spent like 20 minutes with st bernards circling my ankles, it was delightful

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In reference to the Doggy Style trainwreck thread, what are the opinions from you flippity flap havers?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I have never heard it referred to in quite that way before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

In reference to the Doggy Style trainwreck thread, what are the opinions from you flippity flap havers?

more importantly why is it so long, how much is there you can really say about it

• Locked thread