Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Snoggle posted:

There are more people watching them compile a Linux build for this game than people actively playing Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer.

pcgaming.txt :pcgaming:

This is pretty loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Can I just say that for how wildly successful this game has been and for the money now involved, I am really appreciating how open and interactive Chucklefish has been? I'm just really loving enjoying the kickstarter/indie game era of user funding and glad to see revenue pouring into things like this.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Duct Tape posted:

- You can no longer attack through blocks
I think this is a good change. I'm interested to see how the mechanics of that play out. One thing that would be really sweet is if weapon damage was treated in a similar form to pickaxe damage on terrain. Higher level weapons and enemy attacks could bust a block or more in a given hit, depending on the toughness of the block. Enemies could bust through walls if they were strong enough. Have it scaled so the strongest player weapons chip away nearly as much as the best pickaxe (maybe better for very rare ones).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Can I just say that for how wildly successful this game has been and for the money now involved, I am really appreciating how open and interactive Chucklefish has been? I'm just really loving enjoying the kickstarter/indie game era of user funding and glad to see revenue pouring into things like this.
It's really a breath of fresh air after Minecraft's utter lack of focus and directed response.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

A carnivore is a creature which mostly eats meat but can process other food types. An obligate carnivore (like cats) must eat meat and has trouble processing non-meat foods, if it can at all. Cats, for example, have extreme difficulty digesting carbohydrates. Next time you're in the store, check the label of a random bag of cheap dry cat food and see what it's loaded with (spoiler: it's carbs because corn is used as filler).

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Anyway to save a modest amount of progress before the char wipe? Can I stash my inventory somewhere? Will all the planets be wiped with the characters? Is there a Inventory editor yet?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Tyty posted:

The most fun I've had with this game so far is modding it :allears: This is how you make your game easy to mod.

Trying to get the eyes to be able to change color. If I can't, I'll leave them red, but I kinda want to use all the color changers. Gonna make a whole race of bug people with villages and dungeons and everything.

This is very nice, looks great and fits the theme of the game to a T.
I'm working on something too, but keep running up against minor snags. Is there a reference guide for this sort of thing or did you have to figure it out on your own as you went along? Sorry to bother you.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
13% at 759.1 kbs

:eyepop:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
:siren: It's happening! :siren:

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
Pretty great game so far, I actually enjoy the caveman tier although I may be conditioned to it from Terraria and Minecraft. Moving from 4-block matter manipulator to 9-block pickaxe feels great.

Zurai posted:

A carnivore is a creature which mostly eats meat but can process other food types. An obligate carnivore (like cats) must eat meat and has trouble processing non-meat foods, if it can at all. Cats, for example, have extreme difficulty digesting carbohydrates. Next time you're in the store, check the label of a random bag of cheap dry cat food and see what it's loaded with (spoiler: it's carbs because corn is used as filler).

Malcolm fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 10, 2013

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

No patch out here in New Zealand yet. C'mooooon. :f5:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This guy is really bad at Rogue Legacy. Or he's just stressed and isn't focusing, which is probably more likely.

Snoggle posted:

There are more people watching them compile a Linux build for this game than people actively playing Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer.

pcgaming.txt :pcgaming:

:allears:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
You've got pretty high standards...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
There's no way to force Steam to check for an update or anything, right? I just have to wait until it decides to start downloading the patch for me?

Malcolm
May 11, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

This guy is really bad at Rogue Legacy. Or he's just stressed and isn't focusing, which is probably more likely.

:allears:

Imagine two clones playing through Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain -- which game is completed first??

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats good about this patch?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

VDay posted:

There's no way to force Steam to check for an update or anything, right? I just have to wait until it decides to start downloading the patch for me?
Restarting Steam will cause it to check for new content, but the patch isn't live yet.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

It's really a breath of fresh air after Minecraft's utter lack of focus and directed response.

Chucklefish came at Starbound fresh from Terraria's success, and were aiming high and thinking in serious business terms right from the start. They've learnt a lot from the mistakes of those that came before.

Minecraft was basically a one-man project to make a goofy little Java sandbox thing that exploded into cataclysmic success, and they've been trying to build a studio around supporting this wonky, poorly planned piece of code.

If the tables were turned, and Chucklefish was first on the scene, we'd probably be seeing nothing but confusion and flailing right now.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Getting a "Uuid Exception: Size mismatch in reading Uuid from ByteArray: 3 vs 16" error every time I try to start the game even after doing a reinstall.

Happens in both normal launch and safemode launch.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Vib Rib posted:

And Cube World basically making people think the dev took the money and bought a boat.

Arthil fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 10, 2013

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arthil posted:

And Cube World basically making people think the dev took the money and bought a boat.
In fairness, he has started saying things! I'm still optimistic that Cube World will get updates that justify my purchase, even though I got my money's worth just dicking around in the current super-early alpha.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is there an action I can do to make Steam refresh or is quitting and restarting the only way to force a check?

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Cicadas! posted:

This is very nice, looks great and fits the theme of the game to a T.
I'm working on something too, but keep running up against minor snags. Is there a reference guide for this sort of thing or did you have to figure it out on your own as you went along? Sorry to bother you.

I sorta stumbled through the assets files until I figured it out, but apparently the guy who made feline mod made a tutorial for it here

It's pretty simple to add anything to this game though and it's really fun. I've been looking at the dungeon files for a bit. Figure I should make the blocks before I try to make a dungeon.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Feenix posted:

Is there an action I can do to make Steam refresh or is quitting and restarting the only way to force a check?
Refresh this thread instead and wait for confirmation that it's actually live.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Feenix posted:

I believe it checks for updates after you stop playing a game, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

Helter Skelter posted:

Also this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Helter Skelter posted:

I thought someone said it was already downloading. In this thread. Otherwise, I *was* waiting...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feenix posted:

I thought someone said it was already downloading. In this thread. Otherwise, I *was* waiting...

That was the linux batch upload, iirc

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I downloaded a thing, but it doesn't appear to be the patch

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

The fact that you can see that the tweet was from 7 minutes ago really makes this.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Out.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Dominic White posted:

Chucklefish came at Starbound fresh from Terraria's success, and were aiming high and thinking in serious business terms right from the start. They've learnt a lot from the mistakes of those that came before.

Minecraft was basically a one-man project to make a goofy little Java sandbox thing that exploded into cataclysmic success, and they've been trying to build a studio around supporting this wonky, poorly planned piece of code.

If the tables were turned, and Chucklefish was first on the scene, we'd probably be seeing nothing but confusion and flailing right now.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to forget that for a very long time all that Minecraft was was a very basic version of creative mode. Nothing but random nerds building e-lego towns with flyhacks.

fakeedit: I used to go around on servers and making perfect copies of SA's :goatse:

realedit: God damnit what happened to :goatse:

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
It's up! Restart Steam if you aren't downloading.

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
Down...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Downloading. :f5:

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
...loading now - it's live! :f5:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is everyone making GBS threads themselves over this patch?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
I'm uh, I can't actually play. I keep getting an Access Violation Error. All the supposed "fixes" I found on the official forums were basically duds.

The error is 0x7548c113 (read of address 0x6d4b19d1) Anyone have this issue? Maybe this new patch will fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

2%

IT'S HAPPENING

(in before the servers crash because of ten million people logging in at once)

• Locked thread