Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Boomerjinks posted:

Shhhhiiiiiii

I kinda hope that same bird was the one in this video (at 3:24) and he just spends his time flying from racetrack to racetrack checking out all the various cars at said race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

For a minute I thought it was an interior shot of the Pantera that some crazy (is there really any other kind of Northern European?) Swede threw a Hemi into. Would you like to know (a lot) more? The website is straight out of 1999 but has a dizzying amount of information on his build and all the custom parts he designed and built for it.

Oh god I love Panteras, and this car is amazing. I want one with with pretty much everything he's done except the motor. I want to put a Coyote in one so bad.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Previa_fun posted:

Holy poo poo that guy is AI as gently caress.

We've hit peak AI (again) jesus christ this guy's loving insane in the best way

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Here's an nsx:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I need to hear that NSX.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Video from last weekend of them setting a new buttonwillow record isn't up yet.
Here's last year:
http://vimeo.com/53130736

The year before has a better camera angle:
http://vimeo.com/31915490

This one is older but a little more fun to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ACPjGfGZo&t=34s

jamal fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 11, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That looks like such a handful to drive, hahahaha. Beautiful.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

The big limitation of that car right now is that it is on stock suspension links and geometry. With all the downforce it is hard to stay off the bumpstops plus down that low the front end toes out so the car is pretty unstable at high speed. The faster it goes the worse the handling gets. Kind of the opposite of what you want with a high power, high downforce car. Thankfully they've got Billy Johnson to drive it (he races grandam, rolex DP, and some nascar) so it managed to go 1:37.5 around there last weekend. I think if the current top Japanese and Australian teams like Scorch, Tilton, and Nemo come out next year they will go even faster than that. Here's how far they are ahead of everyone else in the US right now:
http://hellafunctional.com/?p=1468

Also I like the center console:

jamal fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 12, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

*flips all switches at same time*

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
poo poo i need to get me some of those 52A fuses

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.
I thought this was cool - MTA in NYC has some vintage stuff out for the holidays - this said it was the M42 bus, and there were a few people on it, so I got in. Metrocard reader and everything. Took it cross-town at noon today to some work stuff. Got off, it continued on its route. It's a GM bus from the 1960s.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That video of the Ford GT flyby led me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwALcR98N4

A guy does some really strong LSD and goes to a monster truck show.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Hit an Apex posted:

I thought this was cool - MTA in NYC has some vintage stuff out for the holidays - this said it was the M42 bus, and there were a few people on it, so I got in. Metrocard reader and everything. Took it cross-town at noon today to some work stuff. Got off, it continued on its route. It's a GM bus from the 1960s.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

You forgot "WRX more like WR-ecks" when there was a seemingly neverending stream of photos of WRXs embedded into homes.

Oh man, the OH NO A HAUSE gif was gold. I wonder if it still exists anywhere.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Haven't been able to track down any info, just a ton of tumblr posts. Looks bad rear end.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I want that in my life so bad. I would literally do everything in that.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NitroSpazzz posted:

Haven't been able to track down any info, just a ton of tumblr posts. Looks bad rear end.

Team Zorro trophy truck for the Baja. ;)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

angryhampster posted:

PD4106 flying

It has a sibling

With a 8v92 shoved in the rear.

(the 4106 came with a 8v71.)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

BlackMK4 posted:

Holy christ, thank you. I just spent 10 or 15 minutes straight digging through Google trying to find out something about it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That thing is cool as poo poo - dude got a petition signed by all of the other TT drivers to allow it in because SCORE rules require trophy trucks to resemble a truck. I love desert racing. There used to be a fuckin Purple Rolls Royce a cool dude (RIP) used as a chase 'truck' too.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 12, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Trophy Trucks are just the best loving things.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

That thing is cool as poo poo - dude got a petition signed by all of the other TT drivers to allow it in because SCORE rules require trophy trucks to resemble a truck. I love desert racing. There used to be a fuckin Purple Rolls Royce a cool dude (RIP) used as a chase 'truck' too.

What's their reasoning behind that rule, just for the name? They're all tube-frame chassis underneath so what does the thin shell of "truck" on the outside really matter anyways?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Depending on the class, some of them have to use a stock cab and firewall. Similar to doorslammer drag racing rules.

Awhile back someone posted a pretty kick rear end pre runner conversion street vehicle. AI got all pissy because it wasn't a 4x4. (Desert runners are mostly 2wd with a solid rear axle because its hard to get 35+" of wheel travel on an independent front suspension. Better to just safe the weight).

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Some pics from Autoweek's coverage of Bonneville Speed Week 2013:

It went 120+

For 13":

Yeah, that's a Honda Z600.

The Woodland Camo "woodgrain" is epic.

Many more in Autoweek's gallery:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130821/CARNEWS01/130829987

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 12, 2013

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
At the risk of being a huge pedant that's not woodland camo, which refers to a specific pattern developed by the US and used in the 1980s and 1990s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Woodland

That's one of the more photorealistic patterns developed for hunters, maybe something like Realtree.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:psyduck: what in the name of Christ this looks lethal.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Seeing that salt everywhere just makes my skin crawl.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

this showed up on facebook. I have no other information

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BlackMK4 posted:

Ah thank you - 65 photos here http://www.race-dezert.com/home/zorro-1967-camero-trophy-truck-2767.html

Just makes me want one for street and dirt fun times. Or the Local Motors Rally Fighter which is kind of similar, you get to build it with the team and comes with a BMW diesel powerplant...but $75k

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Not sure if this fits here. I stumbled on this from over in CC I think. It's a Swedish Artist who does "post Scifi" landscapes with a touch of the surreal. He likes to toss in old Volvos and Saabs.

Here is his site:
https://www.simonstalenhag.se

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I have some prints of his work hanging in my living room. My wife gave them to me for my birthday. I really like his stuff.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Isn't this basically from Jurassic Park?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NitroSpazzz posted:

Or the Local Motors Rally Fighter which is kind of similar, you get to build it with the team and comes with a BMW diesel powerplant...but $75k

$75k is a big chunk of change for a vehicle, but it's only a tenth of the price of a high end pre runner.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

drgitlin posted:

At the risk of being a huge pedant that's not woodland camo, which refers to a specific pattern developed by the US and used in the 1980s and 1990s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Woodland

That's one of the more photorealistic patterns developed for hunters, maybe something like Realtree.

You're right. Realtree was what I was thinking of. Obviously didn't make it out of head properly, though.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

jonathan posted:

$75k is a big chunk of change for a vehicle, but it's only a tenth of the price of a high end pre runner.

Also, the price has gone up a wee bit. It's now $99,900.
Of course, if I had a hundred grand burning a hole in my pocket I'd be all over it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mercury Ballistic posted:

It's an Enormous Hipster who does "post Scifi" landscapes with a touch of the surreal. He likes to toss in old Volvos and Saabs.

Fixed :colbert:

Still pretty awesome though.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Slavvy posted:

Fixed :colbert:

Still pretty awesome though.

Swedes don't come out hipster - they're just that hosed up.

Timage
Feb 6, 2006

Linedance posted:

this showed up on facebook. I have no other information

Wait a second there. A radial engine? I assume there's some ridiculous transfer case/differential to take the power 90 degrees so it's not pointing down?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're thinking it's complicated when it's probably just a powerglide welded to the stub of welded-up radial a differential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Timage posted:

Wait a second there. A radial engine? I assume there's some ridiculous transfer case/differential to take the power 90 degrees so it's not pointing down?

There also a lack of cooling and generally everything else I'd expect to have under the hood of a vehicle. kinda thinking it might just be for show.