Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I decided gently caress it and just went to sleep instead. Woke up and decided to lightning round it, got a standard token, oh boy Iron Man or Yelena?

Nope. Spider-Man Blue. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

SynthOrange posted:

I decided gently caress it and just went to sleep instead. Woke up and decided to lightning round it, got a standard token, oh boy Iron Man or Yelena?

Nope. Spider-Man Blue. :aaa:

Lucky! I have 18 standard tokens saved up. I'm going to spend them (and any others I get from events) until the black power for 2* Black Widow and Punisher are in the mix to hopefully pull one of them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This game loves to give me covers for abilities I'm not maxing. Iron Man Blue, Modern Storm Red, Black Widow Purple, anything Juggernaut...

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Verno5x posted:

...the black power for 2* Black Widow...
I just pulled that from a Standard draw, actually.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Alright, let me bomb two lightning rounds In a row to make dr. Dooms easier, then poopsock the gently caress out of it, and get my first diabolical token, as long as I don't get loki, I'll be good.

god loving damnit! What a loving waste of time.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I think intentionally losing in a lightning round should be referred to as Bag-Manning. There is no bigger white flag than a level 6 Bag Man on your team.

I did it earlier in the last Ragnarok round and must have gotten attacked 50 times.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I was actually avoiding the 15/6/6 teams in the last one I ran. I thought they were loving with me, like "go ahead, beat me at 150 points and I'll beat you when you get to 450."

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So this game goes from really stupid easy to what the hell everything is level 25 now?

I mean how do I even beat these guys without grinding a poo poo ton? I guess I do have to grind a poo poo ton.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you talking about pve or pvp? Try out the events tab anyway, you should get a ton of stuff from even participating in those.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Is there any way to import your progress from the phone to the steam version? I kinda don't wanna start over.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

Is there any way to import your progress from the phone to the steam version? I kinda don't wanna start over.
Try sending an e-mail to mobilesupport@d3p.us. You'll need at least both account's PVP names.

Providing Player IDs is even better (mobile has it under the letter icon, PC is under ClientSettings.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Puzzle Quest\Data.)

It might take a while since this is by hand, though.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Al Baron posted:

Try sending an e-mail to mobilesupport@d3p.us. You'll need at least both account's PVP names.

Providing Player IDs is even better (mobile has it under the letter icon, PC is under ClientSettings.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Puzzle Quest\Data.)

It might take a while since this is by hand, though.

I'm guessing this is a one time thing, or will this link the two accounts permanently? and the ClientSettings.ini lists four keys - i'm guessing I give the Windows one?

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 12, 2013

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Welp, time to dangle a Moonstone/Black Widow combo with Magneto for the night and see if my LR matchmaking eases up a bit tomorrow.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

E2M2 posted:

So this game goes from really stupid easy to what the hell everything is level 25 now?

I mean how do I even beat these guys without grinding a poo poo ton? I guess I do have to grind a poo poo ton.

Play the Lightning Rounds to 50 points. Try to vs a team where all you really have to do is KO the opposing villain and the rest just fall with their low health.

Regular PVP gives some easy rewards too - I got to 300 points and got some loot out of that.

The Hunt Event might be doable too, since you get a buffed Iron Man 40 as a guide for the start of the match. The Alaska and Florida mini-event might be doable - the early missions anyway.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

I'm guessing this is a one time thing, or will this link the two accounts permanently? and the ClientSettings.ini lists four keys - i'm guessing I give the Windows one?
I haven't done it myself, but it's my understanding that it's permanent. And yeah it's probably the Windows one.

Just make sure to give the PVP names and tell them to make the mobile one the primary one. The Player IDs will just make it more convenient for them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, what's happening to me? Ever since I've gotten that first Spider-Man Blue cover I've been considering... buying those levels!

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Is there an easy way to transfer your save to another PC? It doesn't use steam cloud, and I'd like to play on another computer.

Also these lightning rounds are hella fun.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

iRend posted:

Is there an easy way to transfer your save to another PC? It doesn't use steam cloud, and I'd like to play on another computer.
It's not convenient but mpq_save.dat in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Demiurge Studios\Marvel Puzzle Quest\slot0 is where the PC version save is.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god, what's happening to me? Ever since I've gotten that first Spider-Man Blue cover I've been considering... buying those levels!

I've spent 3750 HP on Spidey Blue and 2500 HP on Rag Red. Both turned out to be excellent investments on my part.

(Did I spend a dime in real money? No. But.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I already spent most of the HP I've won on getting doom beefed up for lightning rounds. I'm really not keen on the higher level game, it's all (villain of the match), Spidey and Ragnarok. They really need to have their AP costs bumped up just a little so they're not so overwhelmingly powerful.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Al Baron posted:

It's not convenient but mpq_save.dat in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Demiurge Studios\Marvel Puzzle Quest\slot0 is where the PC version save is.
So, in theory, would this mean I'd be able to download somebody's "every character at max level" savegame in the future? Not that I'm going to - half the fun of this game is going up against higher-level opponents.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nope, looking at the prices changed my mind again. $20 for 2.2 levels. :lol:

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Zero Star posted:

So, in theory, would this mean I'd be able to download somebody's "every character at max level" savegame in the future? Not that I'm going to - half the fun of this game is going up against higher-level opponents.
Well, it won't be your account because those are tied to save games.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Nope, looking at the prices changed my mind again. $20 for 2.2 levels. :lol:

Haha yeah the IAP in this game is weird. There is no impulse buys. Either whale out or go home.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Zero Star posted:

Wouldn't this eliminate their entire business model?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Zero Star posted:

In theory you can just jail break your iOS (or use an android app) and alter your memory for unlimited hp.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

In theory you can just jail break your iOS (or use an android app) and alter your memory for unlimited hp.

HP is kind of hard to hack right now.. at least for me. Coins, ISO, and color points in battle are all pretty easy to hack. Used to be able to hack levels, but can't figure that out anymore since the update. Now you have to level them up manually using hacked points instead.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Hood lightning round = everything in the computer room dies. Level 70 Thor? Crit-chain. Three buffed villians all level 25 or so? Crit-chain. If Hood lives long enough to get crits, everything's dead.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Good god this Hunt event is taking forever. I have skipped from 30 down to 250 several times, and there's still days left. The gap between first and 250 is like 2000 points, so I've gotta keep grinding these events to stay relevant -- I'm really jonesing for that yellow Wolverine cover. He is getting SICK with 5 green covers. If I start with double boost, I get two free Feral Slashes to power up my first match. I've got a level 50 Thor and a 47 Wolverine, and I'm thinking of just pumping Wolverine to max so he stays out in front. I am getting sick of healing Thor.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
The Hunt is due to end an hour after I leave for my honeymoon, don't suppose playing during the hour leading up to leaving would go down well either hah.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

WetSpink posted:

The Hunt is due to end an hour after I leave for my honeymoon, don't suppose playing during the hour leading up to leaving would go down well either hah.

What's up, honey-moon-this-weakend buddy. My and my soon to be wife are having a staycation.

In other news, another heroic hunt token, another thor. :argh:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Picked up a Spidey from a lightning round heroic token!

All I need to do now is place 3rd-5th in the BiG tourney and my Spidey will be maxed at 3/5/5 :woop:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yesterday, I got my Rag to 3/5, so I decided that I wouldn't push for the top of the Lightning Round any more -- top 25 would get me the cover I needed.

I did the evening Rag round last night, got to about 400 points and decided that was enough, then checked my Standard tokens from that round. First one: green Ragnarok.

5/5 is nice to have around the house.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Deep Winter posted:

What's up, honey-moon-this-weakend buddy. My and my soon to be wife are having a staycation.

In other news, another heroic hunt token, another thor. :argh:

So is it just selective memory, or are there really different rarities even inside a star ranking? Everyone complains about all the Thor covers (I need more!), and anecdotally, I've gotten 4 Magneto Now Blue covers and only one of any other cover. Its why I really want to hit top 50 in my Hunt bracket - I have sold 2 extra red Wolverine covers, and I've got Green maxed at 5, but I've only ever gotten 2 yellow covers including the free one in the campaign.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What's the best build for Spidey? Mine is 1/4/2 at the mo and am looking to place high in the 2nd Bad is Good round. I am guessing the stun at 5 is a must, but what about the others? Heal at 3 or 4?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Most will argue that with the recent Spider-Sense changes, 3/5/5 is the way to go to take full advantage of the Protect tiles. Increasing Web Bandages lowers the AP cost but doesn't increase the heal amount (leveling does), so that makes sense to me. 5 Yellow is 9 AP, so that's three matches instead of four, but it's a minor upgrade.

Mine is 5/5/3 but that's because he was 5/3/3 before the change.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Dravs posted:

What's the best build for Spidey? Mine is 1/4/2 at the mo and am looking to place high in the 2nd Bad is Good round. I am guessing the stun at 5 is a must, but what about the others? Heal at 3 or 4?

I am curious about this too. I just got Spiderman up to 1/4/1 and he is an absolute animal. I am thinking of going 5/5/3 eventually because it seems like the stun and heal combination would be more valuable and useful than a stun and protect tile combo.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kharmakazy posted:

HP is kind of hard to hack right now.. at least for me. Coins, ISO, and color points in battle are all pretty easy to hack. Used to be able to hack levels, but can't figure that out anymore since the update. Now you have to level them up manually using hacked points instead.

Out of curiosity, how do you do this? I've tried to do this on iOS and Steam just to see what I can do and couldn't seem to figure it out. I have it on Android too but I don't really care enough about giving myself ISO or whatever to motivate myself to try it.

I saw there are some apps out there that seem to say they can give you HP and ISO but they all seem bogus and they all cost money so screw that.

intangible posted:

I am curious about this too. I just got Spiderman up to 1/4/1 and he is an absolute animal. I am thinking of going 5/5/3 eventually because it seems like the stun and heal combination would be more valuable and useful than a stun and protect tile combo.

I'm a big fan of "incidentals". I'm matching the pink for Grey Widow as it is so I may as well get something out of it, even if it is kind of minor. I generally avoid matching yellow because Spidey's heal would be the only thing I'd use it for.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

You tend to really only use Spidey's heal once per match though, if that. You can always run an old PVE mission (I still do the big Venom one out of habit) to heal between real fights. I'd say 3/5/5 is probably optimal now. Mine is currently 4/5/3 because I had his yellow to 4 before the change.

Regarding classic Magneto, I just got another red cover (from a standard token no less). Mine is currently 2/3/3, and I was leaning toward 5/5/3. Blue obviously needs to be 5, but I'm still a little torn on how to do red and purple. It seems like it would be drat near impossible to get full use out of his purple at 5 because on average there will be 9 tiles per color on a perfectly distributed board. It's obviously a strong skill, but it seems like on average having it at 3 would be enough. Does raising the skill increase the base damage?

Also, what kind of damage does his red skill do at higher levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Good loving lord, the Bad is Good tournament is annoying as poo poo. Every round its "Healing and Heat", "Adamantium Bones", "Pheromone Rage", over and over and over..

Why isn't Juggernaut available in this? He's a bad guy working for Osborne in some capacity, at least early on. Is he not considered a Dark Avenger?