Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think I got my ship to look just how I like it

Maybe eventually I'll build a base on a home planet, but so far there's been no pressing need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How many tombs did you have to raid, you monster!1

Orv
May 4, 2011

Reiley posted:

I think I got my ship to look just how I like it

Maybe eventually I'll build a base on a home planet, but so far there's been no pressing need.

Nice Goa'uld teleporter room aesthetic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found one of those Avian towers mentioned in the Codexies. The ones where they take chosen Grounded and make them jump and god will save them if they have enough faith. Fought past guardians to the top where there was just a lone avian left after I killed all the hostiles. Talked to him, he just said 'Please dont make me jump, I'm not ready.'

Then a bird with a horse's face flew out of the right and shot lighting at the avian, killing him in one shot. :v:

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Speaking of horse faces...

Really loved this new patch. Birds are no longer nightmares on wings with one-shotting attacks. Not to mention a lit back-up is a godsend.

Did they mention if and when we'll be getting clothing dyeing? Curious about that, because it's quite enjoyable to mess with outfits in this game except that many of the cool rare ones are in set colors.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Liberated a Glitch castle. Only killed the king and his guards who raised swords (or baseball bats) against me. The rest I left to scurry around the castle, pondering a future with their old hierarchy completely dismantled.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Floran own zone reporting in.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Liberated a Glitch castle. Only killed the king and his guards who raised swords (or baseball bats) against me. The rest I left to scurry around the castle, pondering a future with their old hierarchy completely dismantled.

Funny thing, I did this too, and after spending the night just looting stuff and hanging out and sleeping in one of their beds, everyone had calmed down and stopped running around and screaming. They were pretty chill. Friendly, even. I think I liberated them from a tyrant king! :downs:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

XboxPants posted:

Funny thing, I did this too, and after spending the night just looting stuff and hanging out and sleeping in one of their beds, everyone had calmed down and stopped running around and screaming. They were pretty chill. Friendly, even. I think I liberated them from a tyrant king! :downs:

In reality they eventually realized that acting like everything was perfectly fine would be the best way to not get on the new tyrant's bad side.

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music

The Deadly Hume posted:

I did this to an ape city. I liberated them from the oppressive regime's guards and went about looting their fluorescent lights and decorations. Because of the design of their city, land animals and birds were getting at them through open doors constantly. I felt bad because by the end, the ape city looked like some post-apocalyptic ruin. I glimpsed a few survivors hiding together in a dark building with only a lone ceiling TV displaying static for a light source.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I found a giant Avian tower/temple thing. Lots of guards attacked me. Two non-hostile avians at the very top outside doors. Flying monsters killed them both in an attempt to get to me. :smith:

Even more sad is there was no treasure or anything of value in the entire place.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Catsworth posted:

I found a giant Avian tower/temple thing. Lots of guards attacked me. Two non-hostile avians at the very top outside doors. Flying monsters killed them both in an attempt to get to me. :smith:

Even more sad is there was no treasure or anything of value in the entire place.

IIRC the two non-hostile Avians you saw are lovers being forced to jump to their deaths. If you open the doors, they thank you for it.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Catsworth posted:

Do you know what coords? I've been looking for an Avian temple to get some decor from.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I've seen people saying that the Delta tier of armor is kinda broken somehow, and now that I've reached it, yeah it totally is. I apparently didn't unlock my racial armor for this tier. The only new one seems to be called Makeshift Armor and is made with matter blocks and normal steel, even though Durasteel is the new bar type I can make.

So, two questions:
How do I get matter blocks?

How do I unlock the next tier so I can go to Sector X and skip the tier with no armor? I don't see the next starmap upgrade anywhere.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I've seen people saying that the Delta tier of armor is kinda broken somehow, and now that I've reached it, yeah it totally is. I apparently didn't unlock my racial armor for this tier. The only new one seems to be called Makeshift Armor and is made with matter blocks and normal steel, even though Durasteel is the new bar type I can make.

So, two questions:
How do I get matter blocks?

How do I unlock the next tier so I can go to Sector X and skip the tier with no armor? I don't see the next starmap upgrade anywhere.

Make sure you got last night's 11kb patch, kill the dragon again, make the chip again and you'll unlock your durasteel racial gear. They forgot to change the level when they rebalanced things. Also remake the chip for beta sector to unlock the lantern backpack so you don't need to lug around as many torches.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/48999/
Apparently this fixes it. Haven't tried it myself but really it's just reorganizing recipe listings.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Do the racial armor bonuses work yet?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Make sure you got last night's 11kb patch, kill the dragon again, make the chip again and you'll unlock your durasteel racial gear. They forgot to change the level when they rebalanced things. Also remake the chip for beta sector to unlock the lantern backpack so you don't need to lug around as many torches.

Did the lantern backpack come with the 11kb patch, or is the small patch even newer?

e: Ah, nevermind, I quit out of the launcher and the patch started up immediately. Thanks for the info.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 12, 2013

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is why they need to start using version numbers. Especially when the names don't change between these tiny hotfix updates.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Vib Rib posted:

This is why they need to start using version numbers. Especially when the names don't change between these tiny hotfix updates.

So that people can know that their game is outdated for a little bit before Steam automatically updates their game for them? Is that really such an important issue?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

The NPC races I run into seem super weak and die from one hit of native wildlife.

If they've somehow built a settlement/hut/castle they should at least be able to defend themselves from the creatures that might venture in.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

VDay posted:

So that people can know that their game is outdated for a little bit before Steam automatically updates their game for them? Is that really such an important issue?
Evidently it is if people in this very thread don't know what version they're on. It's also important for modmakers and people doing any work on the files, though.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

PiCroft posted:

Do you know what coords? I've been looking for an Avian temple to get some decor from.

Afraid not. It was one of the first planets I went to and I've moved around quite a bit wanting to see all the different types of biomes as well as moving up in sectors. :( It was a really cool Desert planet, though, and had a ton of silver and gold.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Shrooms located. You can get blueprints for 'shroom chairs' from 'shroom chests'.

Also, with pulse-jump and tier 2 equipment, I am become Floran, destroyer of birds.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Gamma sector X:86933046 Y:73558744 Gamma Baomra 173 II, the big snow planet, has an airship with good guns just left of the teleport point.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Anyone happen to have coords for a planet with crystals on it?

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Scanning with the 3D printer doesn't seem to work since the latest patch. The item and pixels are removed, but I don't get any blueprint. Anyone else find this?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Purple Prince posted:

Scanning with the 3D printer doesn't seem to work since the latest patch. The item and pixels are removed, but I don't get any blueprint. Anyone else find this?

What item were you trying to scan? It's working fine for me. (Though NPC spawners like the Doctor Spawner do get eaten by it for no benefit)

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Chef Spawner and Shroom Chest. I'm guessing the blueprints just haven't been implemented yet?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Purple Prince posted:

Chef Spawner and Shroom Chest. I'm guessing the blueprints just haven't been implemented yet?

Don't know about the chest but NPC spawners don't scan properly. I don't know if they're supposed to or not but if you scan it it just eats the spawner and the pixels but doesn't add it to the list.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Vib Rib posted:

Actually it'd be easier to remember if they started using different animals.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Purple Prince posted:

Merchant spawners just get eaten. Shroom chests, check your workbench to see if you have a blueprint for them now. You can also sometimes find blueprints for shroom chests inside shroom chests.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I think they still haven't fixed the projectile issue, or at least invulnerability on hit. I'm getting hit for 15 when a bubble projectile hits me, but if they clump together I'm still getting hit by a lot of them for 110 damage.

Which also makes me wonder why shotguns don't work like that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Avian pirates with gun merchant, left. Not especially far.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

nerdz posted:

Which also makes me wonder why shotguns don't work like that.

They kinda do. A lot of projectiles hitting all at once get clumped into one big number, shotguns generally just sorta suck anyway because their damage is kinda low/their energy cost is insanely high. I was testing it earlier, and shotgun spreads which clipped an enemy with only a bullet or two would deal single-digit damage, while hitting an enemy close with most of the shots would deal about 30 (on a shotgun which had 33 damage in its descripion, iirc).

The damage-clumping even happens for simultaneous shots from different weapons, like dual pistols or daggers.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
The past 7 of 8 high tech chests I've found on my starter planet have all been gas bombs that insta kill me, it's made exploring a gigantic slog.

But I can't resist. :(

Do you ever get stuff from them that isn't some pointless stuff like 10 seconds of jumping slightly higher?

e: And again! Is this a planet gimmick?

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 12, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Modding in Starfleet uniforms, it's fun!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sword_man.gif posted:

Delta Altais 2156 II a, X: 100270 Y: -49763701

Immediately to the left of the spawn here there's a Glitch tower with a king inside, underneath his throne there was a chest that contained, for me at least, rocket launcher.

You want the forest planet.
I had five silver bars, 3 tomato seeds, a rotten apple, and a stone hoe.

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

The past 7 of 8 high tech chests I've found on my starter planet have all been gas bombs that insta kill me, it's made exploring a gigantic slog.

Do you ever get stuff from them that isn't some pointless stuff like 10 seconds of jumping slightly higher?

Those aren't chests.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Those aren't high-tech chests, they're just worthless buffs/bombs. Usually you're better off with the light they give off than whatever good effect they might (but probably won't) give you.

The high-tech chests you actually want are literal treasure chests, but neon and future-looking. They always have magical superpowers inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Shoehead posted:

Modding in Starfleet uniforms, it's fun!

You can't drop that and then not share.

• Locked thread