Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I've found 4 high tech chests and they all had the same power, is this a Thing or do I just have bad luck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
The starting planet for my newest char had a MASSIVE Glitch castle in it. It had two kinds of Glitches: hostile ones wearing medieval armor and weapons, and neutral ones wearing more peasant-like clothing. The neutrals spoke enviously about my life of freedom. I can only assume that the armored ones had enslaved them. :stare:

Promptly went to wipe out the whole hostile population in the castle and cleaned out most of the castle. Ended up with well over 2500 pixels, shittons of stimpaks and different melee weapons. Including a lightning hammer called Throbbing Kilthunker.

Also, some of the knight Glitches were mounted. This game.

If someone wants to check out the castle, it's at Alpha Praecipua 62 II. X: 69431811 Y: 84748501. Go left from the beam point, it isn't very far.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Liberatore posted:

In reality they eventually realized that acting like everything was perfectly fine would be the best way to not get on the new tyrant's bad side.

The best part is that Glitch work in a hive mind that switches roles as needed. So if the game actually reflected that they'd just go to sleep and wake up with a new hierarchy of kings and guards the next day, sans a lot of population.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fishstick posted:

You can't drop that and then not share.

I've still to make a blueprint for it and do a female chest, but I'll let you know when it's ready!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This game is pretty fuckin' creepy sometimes. (These dudes are friendly!)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

They always have magical superpowers inside.

No, not always. Sometimes they just have regular loot inside. I've found 5 hi-tech chests and only one had a tech. :(

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kerrrrrrr posted:

No, not always. Sometimes they just have regular loot inside. I've found 5 hi-tech chests and only one had a tech. :(

I have gotten 6 DPS crappy Axes out of those too. It's like Oblivion all over again.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kerrrrrrr posted:

There are actually two different kinds of high-tech chests. One kind you'll find inside abandoned Apex facilities, and will almost always just contain basic supplies.The other kind only appears randomly on the surface, or at the end of Apex lab jumping challenges. This one seems to always contain a Tech, and the chest even has a slightly different colour.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Aurain posted:

Avian pirates with gun merchant, left. Not especially far.

Also, it's the forest planet, not the snow one. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Every single one of those person-high capsules has exploded poison gas and killed me instantly upon use. All of them.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Broken Cog posted:

There are actually two different kinds of high-tech chests. One kind you'll find inside abandoned Apex facilities, and will almost always just contain basic supplies.The other kind only appears randomly on the surface, or at the end of Apex lab jumping challenges. This one seems to always contain a Tech, and the chest even has a slightly different colour.

Yeah, if it's a blue hightech chest it's just loot, if it's a green one it's got a tech in it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just got my current character to tier 2, literally the third brain I got was superior. The RNG usually screws me, but every once in a while fate smiles.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Every single one of those person-high capsules has exploded poison gas and killed me instantly upon use. All of them.

Even if it gives you a beneficial buff, the animation is the same ie the yellow gas. :v

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

It's a cluster grenade launcher.

I found it in the X Sector on X 16535259 Y -53365504, X Gamma Mon 80 III, Level 10 to the left of spawn in a chest on the surface.

There's also two avian airships on the planet.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Additionally the buff gas will make you do the hurt sounds every time you hit a cloud. So probably a dozen times all at once. Which is very loud and frightening.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also, why do you get the recipe for the pixel compressor in tier 2, when it needs a robotic crafting table (and thus access to tier 3) to craft?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I love the fact that this game continues the Terraria tradition of looting everything in a chest and then taking the chest itself. My ship and outposts have an eclectic collection of chests.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

I've found 4 high tech chests and they all had the same power, is this a Thing or do I just have bad luck?
I have found nothing but double jumps so far.

On a different note, does anybody know how to get Ice Crystals? I found a geometric chest with a "geometric bed" blueprint in it which needs them.

Vib Rib posted:

Also, why do you get the recipe for the pixel compressor in tier 2, when it needs a robotic crafting table (and thus access to tier 3) to craft?
It showed up in the 3d printer for me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zereth posted:

On a different note, does anybody know how to get Ice Crystals? I found a geometric chest with a "geometric bed" blueprint in it which needs them.

If you go to an ice planet and mine the stalactites in the caves, they turn into crystals, I think. You can also find crystals in the water on snow planets.

edit: Actually, I guess I'm thinking of normal regular crystals, unless they're the same thing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Does anyone know if boneboo seeds can be scanned? I didn't think to put the one seed I got (from the many, many plants I harvested in a tar biome adventure) into my scanner, but I haven't planted it, either, and an underground boneboo farm would be a great addition to my rustic farmhouse on the edge of Cool Avian Town.

ShadowMar posted:

I found it in the X Sector on X 16535259 Y -53365504, X Gamma Mon 80 III, Level 10 to the left of spawn in a chest on the surface.

A one-handed cluster grenade launcher :stare:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

ShadowMar posted:

Oh my god this is awesome! Death from above!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CJacobs posted:

If you go to an ice planet and mine the stalactites in the caves, they turn into crystals, I think. You can also find crystals in the water on snow planets.

edit: Actually, I guess I'm thinking of normal regular crystals, unless they're the same thing.
No I have crystal crystals.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

That is an insane grenade launcher. I've yet to find any guns however, guess I need to do more world hopping.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How do you change the default planet new player sstart at in multiplayer?

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Starhawk64 posted:

I love the fact that this game continues the Terraria tradition of looting everything in a chest and then taking the chest itself. My ship and outposts have an eclectic collection of chests.

You need to have at least one chest full of chests.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zereth posted:

No I have crystal crystals.

God dammit this game. :cripes:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Now this is odd. I went to coordinates for a gamma sector planet when I hadn't noticed they were gamma, not delta.

Yet there's still a system "Delta Aquacia 1409", with a "III a", which also has an avian airship near spawn. Magma instead of grassland, though.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

So how do you unlock higher armor/weapon tiers when you've reached Sector X? I was under the impression that it would unlock everything up to Tier 10, but it seems like I've only got the single next tier using Aegisalt and whatever else.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

So how do you unlock higher armor/weapon tiers when you've reached Sector X? I was under the impression that it would unlock everything up to Tier 10, but it seems like I've only got the single next tier using Aegisalt and whatever else.

Guessing it's the same as before:

Go to a TL 5 planet and mine Aegisalt -> Make the unlock tech for the next tier of metals -> Go to a TL 6 planet and mine for that...etc etc etc...

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The higher tiers aren't yet implemented, so wait a couple of patches I guess!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I've gone through a couple of Apex obstacle courses, but the chest at the end always had the dash tech. Can you get other techs, or is that a fixed spawn?

Also, I finally joined the ranks of not lovely ship havers

Still needs a bit of work, but my teleporter bay is kicking rad.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It isn't a fixed spawn, just bad luck.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The higher tiers of your own armor might not exist yet, but it seems that you can buy the high-level Avian armor blueprints if you find a trader that has them. Which means that whoever posted the coordinates of that TL10 planet with two pirate ships is a hero.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Haha I just broke the game trying to make a recipe. Oh man restoring the old files is taking forever, I should be more careful.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

Verranicus posted:

beta

You can't.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Verranicus posted:

You unfortunately can't, but Cuttlefish has circumvented that by letting the other people in the party just beam to your ship whenever until they put the actual functionality in.

Speaking of functionality, is there any way to reset your spawn point as of now? I haven't figured out how to if it's possible but maybe I'm just dumb.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a way to switch between techs with some kind of hotkey? I have the double jump and the dash and I wish I could just use both all the time.

Also, is there a key I can bind to "use tech" so I don't have to doubletap movement constantly to dash?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Generate a new universe.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

This game is pretty fuckin' creepy sometimes. (These dudes are friendly!)

Same for these:

They make fart noises too. The monsters in this game sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

No kidding. Murderbirds who vomit more blood than their entire body contains freak me out. :gonk:

• Locked thread