Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Retro42 posted:

You have a thread for this on the official forums? Devs have been really great so far at supporting modder's new ideas. They are working on code for acid rain for the toxic world mod, maybe they can add support for planet/biome specific features.

Not yet, no. I'll post it in the modding forum and see if I can go anywhere with it.

Making dungeons and such is pretty easy and fun too. Just want more control over where the game'll put it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Dunno if I've found a weapon in this entire game yet that couldn't be a creative euphemism for penis.

e; rotten prodder

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Dunno if I've found a weapon in this entire game yet that couldn't be a creative euphemism for penis.

e; rotten prodder

I had a gun pre char wipe called the "dudepoker"

Pecked To Death
Jun 27, 2004

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I found a shield called "Poop blocker"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

They just posted this on Twitter as "something they've been working on":

Mushroom people?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Moist Missle posted:

I found a shield called "Poop blocker"

I found a spear called "Poop poker". Why can't we use spears and shields at the same time.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Is there a point to the decorative items? I have an inventory full of useless garbage from an Avian tomb.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Is there a point to the decorative items? I have an inventory full of useless garbage from an Avian tomb.

They're for decorating :kiddo:

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Musluk posted:

:frogsiren: Gamma and Delta have the same universes :frogsiren:

If you found a cool $anything in Gamma, go to the same coordinates in Delta and you'll find it again. Tech chests, villages, you name it.

starbound.config has "defaultWorldCoordinate" entry, try mucking with that?

Yeah, to be more specific:

In starbound.config change the "Usedefaultworldcoordinate" entry to "True". Then change the "defaultworldcoordinate" entry to the coordinates of the planet you'd like to use. Then bam, everyone joining from there on should start on that planet (Characters made before this change probably won't though.) The coordinates in that file were formatted in kind of a strange way. You can find what you need to enter as the coordinates in that file by going to your universe folder and finding the name of the file for the planet you want to use.

E: I should note that after doing this, sometime in the next hour of play I managed to get the file for that world corrupted or something, and the game regenerated the planet (Deleting all my chests and such, of course.) I sincerely doubt that was related, but there you go.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Startrek uniforms, get 'em while they're hot!

Let me know if I break anything.. :negative:

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 12, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Evil Sagan posted:

They're for decorating :kiddo:

I'm not too concerned with decorating when my only armor is a burlap tee shirt.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

There's a super hidden Feng Shui mechanic built into the game that improves your chances of finding rare items if you decorate your ship properly. :)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone found an ocean yet? I remember in early screenshots seeing oceans and boats.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nice. Can't wait to give this a try after work.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
What makes Fuel? Is it only coal?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Uranium and Plutonium too but starting out, yes: coal.

You can now I think smelt 10 wood into 1 coal if you have a lot of wood but no coal and need to go to anotehr planet.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
^^^ :eng99:

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Coal is the most basic one, I think. Plutonium and Uranium(?) and one of the other high-end materials can be used. If you don't want to search for coal, you can make it using regular wood in the furnace.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Fuel to Ore Ratio

Solarium - 8:1
Plutonium 6:1
Solarium Rod 4:1*
Uranium - 4:1
Plutonium Rod - 3:1*
Coal - 2:1

* - Rods require 2(Two) ore to make, thereby I halved their actual fuel amounts. As this listing is based on Fuel to Ore ratios.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This 11kb update is refusing to download for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Stranded on a coal-less planet with one guy, so I started a new one.

Turns out all the trees are giant mushrooms, no wood. :suicide:

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

This 11kb update is refusing to download for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

Verify Integrity of Game Cache?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Floran sssay today isss good day to ssstab!

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?
I got one of the vendor summons. Now I have a stim vendor selling them for 150 :smug:

I need to save my ship so someone doesn't hop in and kill him.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The only mod that matters right here. I can't wait till the game is done.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I keep hoping someone puts in Megaman armor and implements color changing in some way, else I'm going to have to figure out how to do it myself, but the Trek uniforms are a pretty close second.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If I clear out this glitch castle, is it safe for me to use?

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Rabbit race. Who eats birds, for perfect hilarity when the bird people start worshipping them.

Avians don't worship rabbits. There are rabbit sarcophagi all over their tombs because it's a terrible insult. Those are the bodies of criminals, heretics, and what they call 'the Grounded', the Avians they consider second-class, have been mutilated so they can't fly, and are often ritually sacrificed to their false god. Basically the Stargazers, the Avian priests who CAN fly, look down on every other race who can't fly, including members of their own. ESPECIALLY Avians who can't fly.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yes. Hostile NPCs in dungeons don't respawn.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yup. Once evicted, there will be no other spawns from that castle.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Have they announced a new patch? Steam is currently downloading 500mb of Starbound things. Jfyi, I've gotten all of the past updates :shrug:

E: Huh, yeah. Their page seems to say so.

quote:

Re-posting, the build is actually live this time! Go update! :)

Changelog for v. Indignant Koala 12/11/2013
There are a whole bunch of improvements to balance here, particularly in the early game.
We aren’t wiping characters or worlds, but if you want to experience the proper balance
you should make a new character/worlds to play it on!
Also..
- Nerf the hell out of birds, they no longer attack you at long range, lower damage, don’t follow you forever.
- Monster projectiles across the board better balanced
- Shields better balanced
- Early armors better balanced
- Melee weapons better balanced
- Ores better balanced
-AI improvements
- you can now craft lanterns (similar to sixxes’ lantern mod!)
- you can now craft a new back armor to help light caves
- fixed the bubble gun crashing on mouse over
- improve grass ( Suggestion by Dracyoshi)
- You are now invincible on your ship (this requires a new character)
- You need to be hit a lot harder to get knocked back
- some UI updates
- Drills now destroy 3×3 blocks
- nerf fall damage
- You can now turn 10 unrefined wood into coal in the furnace
- New “melting” status effect on lava makes lava super dangerous (watch out)
- Other misc changes

Sounds good!

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 12, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

Have they announced a new patch? Steam is currently downloading 500mb of Starbound things. Jfyi, I've gotten all of the past updates :shrug:

E: Huh, yeah. Their page seems to say so.

Sounds good!

That was last night, you weren't up to date.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a mod to currently change your spawn point or where you beam down on a planet? I'd be more inclined to build a house/evict a structure if I could just instantly warp to it.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Orv posted:

That was last night, you weren't up to date.
What timezone are the devs even in? I logged off around midnight yesterday.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

I think whomever hits the button is somewhere near GMT? Don't really know. They're from all over the place in total though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tin Tim posted:

Tiy is English.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Harlock posted:

Is there a mod to currently change your spawn point or where you beam down on a planet? I'd be more inclined to build a house/evict a structure if I could just instantly warp to it.

I believe they're planning on adding that functionality to the game eventually. I'd love to be able to beam down directly to my underground lair.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Both of the castles I cleared out never had a respawn.

Guess they should have reconsidered that "No Outsider" policy. :black101:

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe they're planning on adding that functionality to the game eventually. I'd love to be able to beam down directly to my underground lair.

You can actually!

Warp ins actually go to the first solid block on the upper part of the planet (where you can see the sky in the background) Warps will ignore platform blocks, so if you just dig down a bit, and only have platforms above you, you'll warp directly into any underground base.

Where my glitch is on the bottom is where she warps in at. It's rather quite nice.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I have a blueprint for a Bolt O, but when I try to use it it says I already know it. How do I access it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
As we discovered on yoloswag a few times, if you dig directly under the warp-in point all the way to the core, you can permanently set the warp-in point to the spot where it is impossible to get out without some movement tech. Placing a few Tesla coils in choice locations ensures that they die instantly, as well. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread