Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!

TheEggsBenedict posted:

I remember seeing crappy CAWs of Machoke and Hitmonchan in the forums. Still kind of a shame that no one has tried Hawlucha though.

There is a Jynx as well:

Also found a Lugia the other day made by the same person:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
That Lugia wouldn't have passed muster in November 2012 VGCW.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Finally caught up. Thoughts:

- Ezio, newest hero of VGCW. WWE never dissapoints with the hilarious bugs.
- Go Arino and AVGN, though tbh I was indifferent who won.
- I'm sad for Haggar. I was genuinely cheering for him for once and if he had won he would've gotten some real respect.
- Kefka is the best interviewer. I thought the gimmick would get old but it's working super well for now!

Also, Gaben is the newest heel. DOWN WITH GABE CENA

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dragongem posted:

Also, Gaben is the newest heel. DOWN WITH GABE CENA

Triple G, actually. Or Gabe Adamle.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Senerio posted:

That can work too, I'm out of touch with real wrestling :kimchi:

One other thing: Did they get rid of the Mayor's Stroll, the one where Haggar takes a brisk walk and steps on the guy's face? That owned.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Senerio posted:

Gabe will never be as lovable or bumbling as Mike Adamle.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

Gabe will never be as lovable or bumbling as Mike Adamle.

I'd love him more if he brought back the :ducksiren: Championship Scramble :ducksiren:

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

I'd love him more if he brought back the :ducksiren: Championship Scramble :ducksiren:

Champion Scramble is the best gimmick match that can almost never be used unless a specific belt is made for it. The scramble for the inaugural Casual Championship was awesome.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Every so often have the 6 bottom characters fight for the Jobber's Passport Belt for a chance at a midcard match.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

I'm in love, and having him and Senator Armstrong in a tag team would make me invested in that side of things (however much I love Team America, I'm not super into the rest of them).

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

CommonSensei posted:

Champion Scramble is the best gimmick match that can almost never be used unless a specific belt is made for it. The scramble for the inaugural Casual Championship was awesome.
Championship Scramble isn't in 2K14. :ssh:

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Championship Scramble isn't in 2K14. :ssh:

That sucks, it's a neat gimmick.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TOH posted:

Also found a Lugia the other day made by the same person:

Judging by the colors on that Lugia, it's by the same guy who made that really awful Charizard (and who does the bootleg VGCW on Youtube where everyone has the default powerset. DDT6!)

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

PoptartsNinja posted:

Judging by the colors on that Lugia, it's by the same guy who made that really awful Charizard (and who does the bootleg VGCW on Youtube where everyone has the default powerset. DDT6!)
Holy poo poo, do you have a link to that? Why the hell would you make every character like Eggman? :psyduck:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Is he the guy who uploads all his CAWs with the VGCW tag to try and get them into the show instead of using VIDYA like everyone else?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Holy poo poo, do you have a link to that? Why the hell would you make every character like Eggman? :psyduck:

I think this is his YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RichieL1991?feature=watch

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Probably ignorance over what works for movesets in the game. It's one of the main reasons that I will never finish my characters.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jesus, we give Lakitu poo poo sometimes but at least he keeps the camera in focus. Also, those Pokemon CAWs are borderline offensive.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
I love how the tag team champions consist of our Nappa and a horrifying CAW of Vegeta.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TaurusOxford posted:

Jesus, we give Lakitu poo poo sometimes but at least he keeps the camera in focus. Also, those Pokemon CAWs are borderline offensive.

2K14 has a weird rear end glitch where the camera focus goes haywire if you're using a huge arena and there's 6 wrestlers in a match. Like the camera zooms out and focuses on the crowd more than the actual wrestlers. That's why Season 6 is taking place in the tiny Season 1 arena.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheEggsBenedict posted:

I remember seeing crappy CAWs of Machoke and Hitmonchan in the forums. Still kind of a shame that no one has tried Hawlucha though.

I want and need a tag team of Hawlucha and Rawk Hawk badly.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
No word on the next WVGCW show, right? I sometimes have trouble reading Twitter and miss things.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Next one's going to be 2k14 so assume some time to get fully set up.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, I'm sorry I have to disappoint you. The Gunstars are still on my list, but I finally remembered that character I've been really, really wanting to make whose name I couldn't remember from the game I couldn't remember. It turns out the reason I was having trouble is because it wasn't a woman after all; which I really, really should've remembered given that the character is, well...

Vice President Richard Hawk from Metal Wolf Chaos!

I probably won't submit him or anything; but it's nice to have the option to stick a third colossal rear end in a top hat in the Kane/Yuri tag team if I want!

Holy poo poo, it's the CAW I most wanted that didn't cross my mind at all.

Please upload him to the PS3 servers if you haven't already. :getin:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Richard Hawk is so hammy he's banned from synagogues. He's perfect.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
RICHARD! and Armstrong would make the best team hands down.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Accordion Man posted:

RICHARD! and Armstrong would make the best team hands down.

Turn Team America heel and make them a stable.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
The forums have scarred me for life. I'm sorry for linking these

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

That Issac should have a Super Meat Boy tag partner. Face would have to go on the body though, and that doesn't seem like a thing Bazza likes.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Tonfa posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the CAW I most wanted that didn't cross my mind at all.

Please upload him to the PS3 servers if you haven't already. :getin:

I will as soon as I finish his moveset. The two three four Gunstar Heroes characters I'm working on have kinda been monopolizing what little time I've had.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
On the topic of WVGCW: Bryn works retail. This is Christmas season. Between that and having to finish transitioning to 2K14, I'd consider us lucky if we get a show before Christmas.

TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!

And I'm sorry for making her.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I will as soon as I finish his moveset. The two three four Gunstar Heroes characters I'm working on have kinda been monopolizing what little time I've had.

Four? Are there even that many worth your time as wrestlers?

Red, Blue, Orange. Green is Ginjirou, you may as well use him instead. Same goes with Golden Silver-the Guardian Heroes version is a better visual design. Black doesn't fight, Smash Daisaku is too close to M.Bison for anybody's good. Maybe the Pinky Squad? Too close to Team Rocket, though the tall one's super strong.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 13, 2013

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ahaha, holy poo poo that isaac. I love it - that's some really well made :gonk:

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I hope we get to see the VGCW crowd react to that Isaac. Hell, I'd settle for SNST. It's uh. It's really something. :geno:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bloodly posted:

Four? Are there even that many worth your time as wrestlers?

Red, Blue, Orange. Green is Ginjirou, you may as well use him instead. Same goes with Golden Silver-the Guardian Heroes version is a better visual design. Black doesn't fight, Smash Daisaku is too close to M.Bison for anybody's good. Maybe the Pinky Squad? Too close to Team Rocket, though the tall one's super strong.

Red, Blue, and Yellow for the Gunstar Heroes themselves (the trio entrance I gave them is adorable, Red and Blue hold the ropes open for Yellow) and Smash Daisaku (because the Mini-Me Bison jokes would be amazing) and he's going to make for a really good cruiserweight grappler with a lot of throws (F5!) and villainous moves. The Gunstar heroes are going to get mostly suplex grapples, Red gets punches, springboards and body-slams while Blue gets resiliency, kicks, and a few more directional throws. Yellow will probably have Red's moveset with some minor modifications, and she's a Move Thief (think about it) to set her apart from the others.

I'm just not sold on the presentability of their costumes yet, so I haven't taken any pictures. The football jersey is the only way to get reliable shoulderpads; but the jersey itself just looks so awful I'll probably wind up replacing it with something sleeveless and painting on bare skin instead.

I may also try my hand at Golden Silver or Orange for a tag-partner for Smash so he's not stuck in 2v1 handicap matches against them, but I haven't decided yet.

VVV Unless my memory's completely failed me (and it may have), doesn't she steal Smash's gun? I should probably double check that. OH NO, I HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH GUNSTAR HEROES AGAIN HOWEVER WILL I--

Edit: Actually, yeah, I misremembered. She gets rescued by the little jumping guys who distract Smash while she escapes. I'll have to change that.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 13, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

and she's a Move Thief (think about it)

This makes zero sense to me. But then, I never played Super Heroes, which apparently gave more plot than the original. Never had the manual for the normal game, either. So you're going to have to explain this one.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Blasmeister posted:

ahaha, holy poo poo that isaac. I love it - that's some really well made :gonk:

Okay I laughed pretty hard at the part where he's curled up on the mat.

...but why is there a ring entrance that involves curling up on the mat in the first place? Probably a dumb question since I don't follow "real" pro wrestling at all, but...

edit: the VGCW forum says it's Mankind. Alrighty then.

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 13, 2013

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Shock Trooper posted:

Okay I laughed pretty hard at the part where he's curled up on the mat.

...but why is there a ring entrance that involves curling up on the mat in the first place? Probably a dumb question since I don't follow "real" pro wrestling at all, but...

It's Mankind's intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLVflGxFrI

edit: sorta beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Well, since I already spoiled my current project, I may as well show off the work-in-progress!

Tingle, why do you look so depressed to be here?

I don't have any really great shots yet.

But Red and Blue hold the ropes open for Yellow. So considerate!

• Locked thread