Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm scared that I'm nearly done with Lightning Rounds now. My Magneto is missing one Red and I'm not straining for Top 2 to get it, my Doom is 5/5 and my Rag is 5/5. Loki rounds should be cake to get two covers from, so it's down to just The Hood and figuring out how I want him skilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

delfin posted:

That surprises me because it is contrary to how the purple skill is supposed to work (5 blue and 1 red SHOULD do 1 swap damage). I expect screaming and nerfing-to-how-it's-written at some point.

Even then, it's an awesome skill. The Red scales from 21-plus-five-tiles to 133-plus-5-tiles at max level; Purple scales from 38/swap to 636/swap. That's just sick. (Now figure in Lightning Round buffing and rewrite that as "to gently caress You You're Dead/swap.") Red's not for damage, but for tweaking the board and trying to knock a few tiles into a better configuration, and for spamming it Thunderclap-style if you have it maxed for board churn. Problem is that its benefits are pretty random and you'll generally have someone else on your team who uses Red.

Now, Magnetic Field is an automatic five (it's a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus at skill five) so it's a choice between 5/4/4 and 5/3/5. I figure that since Translocation is so potentially powerful (try it after a Forest Fire) I'd rather have Kill A Son Of A Bitch maxed than Tweak The Board maxed.

For what it's worth, I just got a Juggernaut +25.

I was definitely surprised to read that. I'm pretty sure I'll always have a better use for red, so having a potential 6k+ damage for 10 purple is going to win.

iRend posted:

Have lightning rounds stopped for now? Was that only a temporary thing?

I did however copy my .ini/save dat from another computer, so I'm not sure if this is a result of that.

However I did fight my way into the top 300 in SHIELD vs with only a lvl 50 iron man, and level 16 storm/black widow. With boosts you still make an ISO profit.

The lightning rounds are a weekly thing from mid day Tuesday to mid day Thursday. Times and length have varied a little but they've been going for over a month now I think.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Well it's good they're not on all the time. I have a ps4 which has been gathering dust since I opened this game, now I don't have a 3 star card to win every 2 hours I might finally finish some other games!

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So how likely am I going to be sitting at #19 on The Hunt with 2 days left??

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been yo-yoing between #1 and #500ish every day. Its a complete mystery to me where this will end.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

SynthOrange posted:

I've been yo-yoing between #1 and #500ish every day. Its a complete mystery to me where this will end.

Well I just did all but the last mission, and only ~500 dudes are in the pool

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm pretty sure your final rank in The Hunt will be entirely determined by how much grinding you do in its final moments. Which is kind of dumb considering it's a 9 day event.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Jibo posted:

I'm pretty sure your final rank in The Hunt will be entirely determined by how much grinding you do in its final moments. Which is kind of dumb considering it's a 9 day event.

And people in the back can slingshot to the top thousands at a time. It's kinda insane.

Though you do run out of grinding options. I literally can't compete anymore in the Savage Lands and got knocked out of the heroic token reward. I wouldn't be surprised if I get knocked out of 3 normal tokens either :v:

I just hope that my bracket can make it to 15k so that I can earn a heroic token.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Upcoming Patch Preview - R44
Unread postby IceIX » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:07 am

This client patch is largely backend for the client to enable further support on future features and ability to change things server-side without requiring as many data side changes. Not to say that those won't come regularly, but things are progressing.

UI
- Heavily revamped the Comic Pack Store display
- Added check marks on earned progression rewards in Events and Tournaments
- An icon now displays instead of a numerical value when a character is buffed
- Updated the ability firing UI to show cost and a charge bar instead of just numerics

Misc
- Fixed another occurrence of Events appearing greyed out when they should be active
- Ability UI sounds when full are now 100% less ear shattering

Thank god!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
What's the typical build for IM40? I'm getting red covers out the rear end and still don't have blue or yellow.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

5/5/3 seems to be the best 13-cover setup. However a lot of people don't like the yellow power past 1 (gets too expensive, yellow at 1 is easier to spam, etc.) so they like to go 5/5/1 at the cost of missing out on some levels. But I guess it's possible that IM40s powers will be revised in the future.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

5/5/3 seems to be the best 13-cover setup. However a lot of people don't like the yellow power past 1 (gets too expensive, yellow at 1 is easier to spam, etc.) so they like to go 5/5/1 at the cost of missing out on some levels. But I guess it's possible that IM40s powers will be revised in the future.

That one dude said he likes yellow at 4 so it doesn't gently caress with Thor using his yellow when it is played by AI and I liked that as far as ideas go. Not like you ever get to use blue anyway. That said it's not like you ever want to use IM40's red attack over 2x Thor red probably. I'd probably only use IM40 when he's super boosted or mandatory anyway I guess.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
My Thor is currently 4/2/3 and I just got another red cover, is it worth throwing it in? Or should I be going for 5 in another color?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Evil Vin posted:

My Thor is currently 4/2/3 and I just got another red cover, is it worth throwing it in? Or should I be going for 5 in another color?

I like 5/5/3 since you can toss out the red instantly if you run with full color boosts and with some luck that could let you shoot out a yellow too for huge damage before the enemy even moves.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Hey look what I found in a standard recruit token! I forgot this even existed!

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

That's the one thing making me resist dumping my 3000 Hero Points on something else, the possibility that I might get one of those and want to dump 2000 maxing it out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I got one of these today from a standard as well :v:

TastyLemonDrops posted:

What's the typical build for IM40? I'm getting red covers out the rear end and still don't have blue or yellow.
5/5/3 if you're not going to pair him with a Black/Original Widow, otherwise 5/4/4 is slower at getting a Recharge but will give you purple AP to steal yet more AP. Anecdotally his blue is much less common than the others - mine's still sitting at 5/4/3 after what must be near two dozen covers I've won/rolled for him.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So this is pretty fun for a match three game and I'm really just getting started. Should I mostly just keep doing all the story missions and never buy packs except with tokens or buy packs as often as I can? Which pack should I buy I don't actually know the difference.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The one that costs iso will reliably fill out all your 1* characters, very very rarely giving anything above that. The heroic pack which costs hero points will give 2* characters at minimum. They will usually be 2* characters. They vary from essential (Thor, Wolverine), decent (Daken, Black Widow Original) to what the gently caress (Bag-Man).

Spend iso on packs if you want, since there's always more iso, but use most of it to level your characters. Also buy as much cover space as you can with iso, then spend the hero points you earn in game on it til you've got about 20 or so slots. More if you're obsessive.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Only buy packs with tokens - the standard pack is chock-full of 1-star and 2-star characters you will get from the story missions, and the heroic pack costs HP which you'll need to buy cover slots as starting out you'll unlock way more characters through the story than you will have slots. Basically never buy the 1100 HP packs.

Story missions are a pretty good idea until you have a good roster, but check out the Hunt missions and do what you can before they expire because it has good rewards even if you can't place highly at the end of it.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

The one that costs iso will reliably fill out all your 1* characters, very very rarely giving anything above that. The heroic pack which costs hero points will give 2* characters at minimum. They will usually be 2* characters. They vary from essential (Thor, Wolverine), decent (Daken, Black Widow Original) to what the gently caress (Bag-Man).

Spend iso on packs if you want, since there's always more iso, but use most of it to level your characters. Also buy as much cover space as you can with iso, then spend the hero points you earn in game on it til you've got about 20 or so slots. More if you're obsessive.

That said, they've replaced some of the ISO and Covers you got while progressing through the story when we did it in the good old days with Standard Recruitment Tokens so you're better off using mostly those.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
When will getting 2star covers be a common thing? I kinda want to start growing out of my 1 stars into something that will last me a long time.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

I wouldn't hold your breath. I ended up with 18 standard covers from the last couple hunts and every single one of them was a 1-star.

On the flipside, in the latest hunt every one-time mission I've done has given me 500 iso. So it's swings and roundabouts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You build them up over time. Do all the events, try for prizes.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I need Gambit853 to win more matches!! I doubt if 200 lead is enough to secure 2nd in Bad is Good. I want more Spidey!!

This one ends at 1:30am my time, I don't really want to have to stay up for it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Bear Suit posted:

That's good? I got one a week ago. I also have like 5 rewards awaiting and I have no roster space :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Black Widow Original is one of the best 2* support characters out there, and she's the only healer apart from Spidey.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's good? I got one a week ago. I also have like 5 rewards awaiting and I have no roster space :smith:

My Original Black Widow is sitting at 1 Purp and 2 Grey. Should I be leveling her? I just have her sitting there...

edit: somebody better come in and say yes because I just leveled her from 6 to 14.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

delfin posted:

I'm scared that I'm nearly done with Lightning Rounds now. My Magneto is missing one Red and I'm not straining for Top 2 to get it, my Doom is 5/5 and my Rag is 5/5. Loki rounds should be cake to get two covers from, so it's down to just The Hood and figuring out how I want him skilled.

I'm leaning toward 5/5/3 for The Hood. His yellow at 5 will go down in to cost 15, as well as not end the turn at 5 covers letting you plug two 3x3 holes wherever you want in the board and collect the AP/damage from the tiles. Basically what we wish Grey Widow's red skill would do. Blue at 5 means whenever there are 9 tiles for the passive to work, you'll steal an AP every round which seems better to me than his last power which affects all your friendly countdown timers instead of just 3 at three covers. I rarely ever have that many friendly countdown timers to worry about so it seems like a waste to me maxing black compared to taking blue to five.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fat-fingered a Standard token and burned Hero Points on a Hunt Heroic. :smith: Now I'm going to have to do some grinding to make a roster slot for whatever Punisher I end up getting.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:

omnibobb posted:

My Original Black Widow is sitting at 1 Purp and 2 Grey. Should I be leveling her? I just have her sitting there...

edit: somebody better come in and say yes because I just leveled her from 6 to 14.

Yes yes yes yes. Her abilities are awesome.

Purple you're not really going to use much. It's expensive but somewhat useful when you get a chance. At least it will boost your team's Purple match damage.

Blue is, in my opinion, one of the best Blue abilities out there. She heals the whole team for over 1k at her level/skill cap. That sounds great and all, but it allows you to keep playing the same team over and over (without Wolverine) in events which is huge. It's also useful for PVE - pyros are a lot less scary when their countdown timer says 8.

Black is also really great for fueling your AP fast which is super helpful no matter what team you have. Charge up those Purples and steal MORE AP, which means you can pop her healing multiple times every match. At max level, I believe her Blue/Purple/Black matches all do an extra 112 damage.

I would recommend not skilling up Purple past 3 so you can max Blue/Black when the time comes.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:

delfin posted:

Fat-fingered a Standard token and burned Hero Points on a Hunt Heroic. :smith: Now I'm going to have to do some grinding to make a roster slot for whatever Punisher I end up getting.

This happened to me yesterday. Pulled yet another Hawkguy. :suicide:

The even more awesome move on my part was earlier this week when I accidentally spent a load of Hero Points on a Hunt damage boost vs HAMMER. Thanks, D3P!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Goddamnit, loving Thor. Thor Thor Thor. 4 of my last 6 2-star token pulls have been Thor. I've had him maxxed for weeks now. I'd almost rather have placed lower in my bracket to get multiple 1-star tokens.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

brother-joseph posted:

Yes yes yes yes. Her abilities are awesome.

Purple you're not really going to use much. It's expensive but somewhat useful when you get a chance. At least it will boost your team's Purple match damage.

Blue is, in my opinion, one of the best Blue abilities out there. She heals the whole team for over 1k at her level/skill cap. That sounds great and all, but it allows you to keep playing the same team over and over (without Wolverine) in events which is huge. It's also useful for PVE - pyros are a lot less scary when their countdown timer says 8.

Black is also really great for fueling your AP fast which is super helpful no matter what team you have. Charge up those Purples and steal MORE AP, which means you can pop her healing multiple times every match. At max level, I believe her Blue/Purple/Black matches all do an extra 112 damage.

I would recommend not skilling up Purple past 3 so you can max Blue/Black when the time comes.

Wow cool I just got her yesterdy. Thank god I did not sell her. The problem with all this is finding the other covers of her to round her off.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

New Leaf posted:

Goddamnit, loving Thor. Thor Thor Thor. 4 of my last 6 2-star token pulls have been Thor. I've had him maxxed for weeks now. I'd almost rather have placed lower in my bracket to get multiple 1-star tokens.

You'd rather have Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I usually burn them, but my collection is still newish. The special event ones might expire when the event is over though.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 13, 2013

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

On the topic of Tokens, do you guys burn them right away or do you hoard them?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Tezzeract posted:

You'd rather have Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye?

I'm going to sell them either way so who the gently caress cares? At least that's 300 ISO rather than 125.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hunt Heroic tokens are the worst. May as well just call them Thor tokens, that's all I get.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

McDragon posted:

Hunt Heroic tokens are the worst. May as well just call them Thor tokens, that's all I get.
Will they become regular heroic tokens when the event is over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
No. Use all of them before the event ends or they will be lost.