Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

McDragon posted:

Hunt Heroic tokens are the worst. May as well just call them Thor tokens, that's all I get.

Not if you NEED Thor tokens, then you dont get any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Except Thor green, you will always get Thor green.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've managed to scrape my way to 2 Heroic tokens. 2 Modern Hawkeye Avoid :smith:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Heroic hunt tokens only give Hawkeye.

Actually I've gotten a few Thors too but either way, I had them both leveled before the event started.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I wasn't paying attention and made my Thor 4/4/5, and now he's level 75 and I don't want to bother making another one :(

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Im liking my modern hawkeye a lot. I have him at 3/5/3 so far and Coupled with a Iron Man 40 with his ability to generate quick red I can kill most sub lv 100 teams in one shot.(In the hunt event at least) His avoid skill is nice because he is squishy. So he just hides behind my thor only pokng out his head for the big nuke.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok I either need to start scrapping poo poo or drop more $$$ for roster space. Here's what I have:
-Storm Modern (5/5/3) - I love using her. Let the environment tiles build up then just clear the board over and over and over again.
- Iron Man mk. 35 (4/5/3) - Haven't used him in a while
- Wolverine X-Force (0/1/0)
- Black Widow Grey Suit (1/0/2)
- Thor Marvel Now (2/1/2)
- Black Widow Modern (4/5)
- Hawkeye Modern (2/2)
- Spider-Man Classic (0/1/0)
- Hawkeye Classic (5/5)
- Storm Classic (3/0/0)
- Moonstone (0/1/1)
- Black Widow Original (0/1/0)
- Daken (1/0)
- Juggernaut (2/4)

And I have the following rewards available:
- Cap America Modern
- Yelena Belova x 2
- Venom
- Wolverine Astonishing X-Men
- Spider-Man Bag Man

My guess is that I should start getting rid of the 1* guys (Hawkeye Classic?). $5 gets me 3 more spots or so but no idea what I should be clearing or keeping yet outside of the ones mentioned all the time.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Sell Hawkeye classic and Jug, pick up the cap and wolvie rewards, sell yelena, venom, and bagman.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Juggernaut can be useful early on and gets pretty monstrous with the occasional 200% buff in events. Otherwise what chrisf said. Who are you currently using?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bandire posted:

Juggernaut can be useful early on and gets pretty monstrous with the occasional 200% buff in events. Otherwise what chrisf said. Who are you currently using?

Whatever the mission requires + Thor and Storm Modern. On a pick all 3 I usually throw Iron Man mk 35 or one of the Widows along Thor/Storm.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I got an invisible woman in my last hunt heroic token. Not Thor/Hawkeye so I'm pretty lucky. There are other covers out there guys!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well. it's buffed heroes it says, so I guess there's supposed to be Spidermen and Grey Widows and IM35s as well. But all I've had is Thors and Hawkeyes and one Invisible Woman.

Also I like since the Spiderbuff, Purple is now hard to get and Yellow is all over the place.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

chrisf posted:

Sell Hawkeye classic and Jug, pick up the cap and wolvie rewards, sell yelena, venom, and bagman.

Venom's pretty good for the Dark Avengers tourney. There's nothing more hilarious than eating Ragnarok or Daken.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've managed to scrape my way to 2 Heroic tokens. 2 Modern Hawkeye Avoid :smith:

Avoid Hawkeye is actually pretty OP in Florida and Alaska for newer players. Hawkeye gets to match his crit gems in peace while Iron Man 35 eats the good stuff.

Then Hawkeye kills on purple matches and cascades.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 13, 2013

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Arrg, I've got a classic storm at 5green, 1blue, and 3yellow, and the game decides to spit out another yellow cover from a standard draw. I really don't know if I want to level it up after the extreme nerf her yellow got recently.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I hate the Classic Storm nerf. I wish they would pull it back a little, but make it so it can only go off once a turn or something. I agree that the Raging Tempest fights were a little insane, but now I just don't want to use her anymore and I put a lot of resources into her.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

New Leaf posted:

I hate the Classic Storm nerf. I wish they would pull it back a little, but make it so it can only go off once a turn or something. I agree that the Raging Tempest fights were a little insane, but now I just don't want to use her anymore and I put a lot of resources into her.

They should follow the Avengers Facebook Game rules... rarely nerf people, instead just keep buffing everyone else until everyone is hilariously overpowered!

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

What should I speccing Captain America? I've currently got 3 in blue, with 2 blue covers in reserve. Should I oughta train im up, or sell em?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Scotty_Vicks posted:

What should I speccing Captain America? I've currently got 3 in blue, with 2 blue covers in reserve. Should I oughta train im up, or sell em?

From the OP:

SynthOrange posted:

Captain America is a new tank/utility addition. 3/5/5 is a good build for him because it gives you two abilites that can place tiles anywhere, even replacing enemy timer tiles.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Heroic 10x pack, today only for 2,700HP! Sure, with those points you could buy 27 individual tokens, but then you'd miss on that one (or more) sweet, sweet Loki cover(s).

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Got a Bag Man Spiderman from the 100 discount 2* pack. Thinking that it would be 100 again - instead of 300 - I clicked.

Well at least now I have a Grey Widow now :v:

^^^^^^^^^^

Guaranteed 3* Villain. Use Loki and Hood to start farming for diabolical tokens. Who said paying to win was expensive?

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 13, 2013

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
Who do the Brotherhood boosts work against? Are they just boosts against Magneto, (Daken?) and Juggernaut or is there another Marvel Brotherhood that exists and doesn't come up when I google?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So is my game bugged or did they nerf their buff? Hawkeye no longer crits for 11x with the 200% boost, just 4.5x, and is doing damage comparable with Thor (who is, granted, 25 levels higher and only boosted 80%). Also all the events are gold which looks really odd.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: finally pushed through

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 13, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

So is my game bugged or did they nerf their buff? Hawkeye no longer crits for 11x with the 200% boost, just 4.5x, and is doing damage comparable with Thor (who is, granted, 25 levels higher and only boosted 80%). Also all the events are gold which looks really odd.

4.5x is his normal critical rate. They only show the buff stats during combat.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Bruceski posted:

That's a bug that randomly occurs sometimes - all the repeatable missions probably only have Hammer guys instead of Dark Avengers too - grind the poo poo out of it while you have that bug it makes it a million times easier.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

How the gently caress do you get the thousands of coins you need to buy anything in this game? That's absurd. I'd pay, like, a dollar for a 3-pack or something, but not $20 to get 10 cards that I'll probably end up selling half of anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shwqa posted:

4.5x is his normal critical rate. They only show the buff stats during combat.

Nope, this was in-game. A crit of three blues was doing 450 instead of 1300.

WetSpink posted:

That's a bug that randomly occurs sometimes - all the repeatable missions probably only have Hammer guys instead of Dark Avengers too - grind the poo poo out of it while you have that bug it makes it a million times easier.

Nope, dark avengers were still there.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh gently caress yes doctor doom tournament. I just got mine to level 66 (max level for 5/1). Hopefully I can get some spidey love now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

New Leaf posted:

How the gently caress do you get the thousands of coins you need to buy anything in this game? That's absurd. I'd pay, like, a dollar for a 3-pack or something, but not $20 to get 10 cards that I'll probably end up selling half of anyway.

It's kinda like Puzzle & Dragons... there for one pull of the roulette it's something like $5. And that game is making huge money.

This game is more generous than PAD though, I haven't spent a dime on characters and I have more than I need.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

triplexpac posted:

It's kinda like Puzzle & Dragons... there for one pull of the roulette it's something like $5. And that game is making huge money.

This game is more generous than PAD though, I haven't spent a dime on characters and I have more than I need.

My problem is rolling a ragnarok red isn't like rolling a SOD lucifer/Kirin in PAD. You still 9 more covers for your ragnarok before you are a destroyer of worlds.

But yeah this game is pretty generous. We have been getting a poo poo load of heroic tokens and iso during the hunt. With 3 tournament back to back giving out Spider-Man rewards.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Hawkeye seems to still get 10 per environment tile, but the critical tile on environment seems to give less than before. Less overpowered, but considering Hawkeye trivialized their content, I guess it makes sense.

Also, got myself the 50 HC reward from PVP. Wanted to test out evil Ms Marvel to her limits - those Daken/Bullseye teams were pretty frustrating to fight. I'll probably get crabbed down, but it feels nice to be top 8 with the dumb effort put in.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I am so sad that Hawkeye + Labs isnt an instant win button now. Guess I wont be getting that Punisher.

Also gently caress Ragnarok, there's a million of them in the BiG tournament. :mad:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Earlier today there was a sale on heroic covers, 100G each down from 300G. The models for these games usually go "Price something 2-3 times more expensive than is reasonable, and then put it on sale for the reasonable price once in awhile." Now your $20 is going toward 28 covers, which is better, but value that as you see fit. Generally, just don't pay full price.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the 100HP is a once daily deal? Something to throw your spare HP at when you're at higher levels.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Poulpe posted:

Earlier today there was a sale on heroic covers, 100G each down from 300G. The models for these games usually go "Price something 2-3 times more expensive than is reasonable, and then put it on sale for the reasonable price once in awhile." Now your $20 is going toward 28 covers, which is better, but value that as you see fit. Generally, just don't pay full price.

Those daily deals are one time use. I did hit the 100HP one earlier and it's gone now, but the 2700HP one is still there.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Holy crap this thread had a ton of the info I was looking for. I've been playing this thing rabidly since the steam release. I doubt I can hold out 1st in the Bad is Good for another 3 hours, but I should top 5. The every couple day events are such value.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welcome to the thread. Enjoy your complimentary Hawkeye Classic Red cover.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

SynthOrange posted:

Welcome to the thread. Enjoy your complimentary Hawkeye Classic Red cover.

I will take all your Hawkeye Classic covers. Gotta run my Bullseye/Hawkeye/Wolverine team. I'll just have 20 Hawkeyes trained to level 40 so I can cycle them all out as they take damage. It's a foolproof plan!

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
If you have multiple heroes who have the same value for a tile type (for example, for environment tiles), what determines which hero shatters that type? Is it position in the party, or some other thing that's harder to affect (like the order you recruited them)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Got a daily deal 100 hp 2* and up ang got black widow green woot!