Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
this thread smells fishy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

I HATE THAT GIF SO MUCH

i had a bug vacuum for awhile, but it broke because i couldn't bring myself to empty it because what if they were still alive in there and just waiting for me to open it and then they'd jump on me and kill me????

if a butterfly lands on me i'm pretty sure it'll just take off the whole arm so i run screaming

I get made fun of a lot, and i know it's so silly, but it's my phobia and i'm too scared to get the behavioral therapy to fix it because it means I'll be exposed to bug ON PURPOSE and i can't

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you would have difficulty in my department

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
dont worry bugs i will love you :shobon:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
a giant centipede crawled up my leg when i was 10 and ever since then ive hated bugs

they call me bugstomper1999 irl

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Pick posted:

dont worry bugs i will love you :shobon:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I am the same way as you women's rights
When I was in Vietnam there were these foot long black millipedes that squirmed and twisted like loving hell demons and I p much wanted to faint

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
One of my earliest childhood memories is of an older friend of mine plunging her hands into an anthill, letting them crawl up her arms, and declaring herself Queen of the Ants. I cried so hard I nearly passed out, and still get nervous around swarms of things. Bugs on their own are neato, though.

Pick, if you ever find yourself in Baltimore, you should check out the Chamber of Wonders at the Walters. It's a replica/imagining of a Renaissance collector's cabinet of curiosities, and it's incredible. I want to live in those rooms.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Donkay NOoo posted:

I am the same way as you women's rights
When I was in Vietnam there were these foot long black millipedes that squirmed and twisted like loving hell demons and I p much wanted to faint

That's why all those Vietnam war vets were so hosed up. It wasn't the war at all, it was the wildlife.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am not joking, this is the most shocking and saddening thing from the thread yet :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*Cries a little while*

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I hate swarming animals, but only if they swarm in my own home. So pretty much just ants.

Gonna get all stereotypical on y'all here, but does anyone in the lady thread want to discuss cramping adventures and/or coping mechanisms? I got bad ones at work today and can only thank god that it's a small office and all my coworkers were out to lunch. No one saw me waste half an hour of company time literally curled up in the fetal position under a desk!

I am fresh out of college and do not usually get the immaturity-jitters like many of my peers, but I feel like this was not a very adultlike thing to do. How do other women manage?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i don't like bugs
so i don't kill spiders or centipedes
they are my friends and they eat more disruptive bugs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

! shepherd !

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Tjadeth posted:

I hate swarming animals, but only if they swarm in my own home. So pretty much just ants.

Gonna get all stereotypical on y'all here, but does anyone in the lady thread want to discuss cramping adventures and/or coping mechanisms? I got bad ones at work today and can only thank god that it's a small office and all my coworkers were out to lunch. No one saw me waste half an hour of company time literally curled up in the fetal position under a desk!

I am fresh out of college and do not usually get the immaturity-jitters like many of my peers, but I feel like this was not a very adultlike thing to do. How do other women manage?

Getting exercise always helps me, even if it's the last thing I want to do. Even a walk to the store or something helps. I also find that it helps to avoid coffee, but I have a wicked habit so I rarely actually do so.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This one's a hummingbird mimic!! Look at how cute it is!!!

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

I like pretty much all bugs, beetles are fascinating to look at up close. Once you get into the territory of spiders though I'm off, gently caress spiders.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Pick posted:

! shepherd !

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

This one's a hummingbird mimic!! Look at how cute it is!!!

I've seen those IRL, they're neat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
bio station at itasca has a lilac bush they loving adore

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't collect bugs, I like them too much.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
i hate spiders and most bugs
stay out of my way bugs i will douse your rear end in whatever spray can chemicals i have

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Tjadeth posted:

Yeah, literally curling up under your desk is not a great strategy.

1) Magic birth control that means you get no periods ever. This is the best thing for many obvious reasons.

2) Hit up a drugstore for a heating pad. I have a squishy gel bead one with thick elastic Velcro straps. You can nuke it for a little while, and then go to the bathroom and strap it around your waist so the heat is right where you need it. The gel bead kind is thin enough that it's not obvious unless you're wearing tight pants, which you probably aren't doing during your period anyway. Plus your lap will be under your desk almost all the time. Stealth heat

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

VanSandman posted:

i hate spiders and most bugs
stay out of my way bugs i will douse your rear end in whatever spray can chemicals i have

I hate bugs for the most part but I've always found spiders really cool and like to feed them any moths or flies that find their way through an open window :getin:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ugh

you people

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you know you my world girl, so i got you this flower that look like a pussy, because i love you

and you're basically in, this is easy poo poo

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

this is truth

I am fine with bugs except for the oversized ones like house centipedes and water bugs ugh

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i don't get PMS or cramps or anything

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
:3:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
why do women grow their nails out

that makes it harder to punch people

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Putty posted:

why do women grow their nails out

that makes it harder to punch people
I can't let my nails grow too long because then that makes typing difficult and as a person who spends a lot of time on the computer...

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

toe knee hand posted:

i don't get PMS or cramps or anything

Me neither, and since I went on the pill periods are pretty much not even there, it's great

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
i get really bad cramps but just curling up in bed under a few blankets usually takes care of it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't get them any more, I'm basically not human 8|

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my uterus wandered wayyyy o'er there

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Tjadeth posted:

Does naproxen sodium not work for you? It's basically the only reason I can have a career. It hit the market sometime 1994-ish and before it was introduced, I couldn't make it through the night/a work shift without horrible cramps (:corsair:). The secret is to start it [i]before]/i] the cramps actually hit; if you wait until they've take hold, it seems to take forever to work. It works by inhibiting the prostaglandins that cause severe cramps (ibuprofen will too but doesn't last as long) and is way superior to ordinary painkillers like aspirin or tylenol.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

one time me and my grammah got woke up at 2am by a huge crashing noise from the kitchen and it turned out that the cat had knocked a shelf down while pulling a doily off of it

my grammah picked up the doily and there was a beetle the size of the last joint of my thumb on that doily

i jumped backwards six loving feet while making incohierent noises of fear

im an over six foot tall very wide shouldered fat man it must have looked funny as gently caress when i did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i slept in an uninsulated attic space so i got plenty used to bugges :downs:

• Locked thread