Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Are patch notes available anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1267

quote:

Upcoming Patch Preview - R44 Discussion
Postby IceIX » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:08 am

Not a huge patch for player facing changes, but quite a few changes made on the backend for future support. Small enough that I'll just repost the changes here.

UI
- Heavily revamped the Comic Pack Store display
- Added check marks on earned progression rewards in Events and Tournaments
- An icon now displays instead of a numerical value when a character is buffed
- Updated the ability firing UI to show cost and a charge bar instead of just numerics

Misc
- Fixed another occurrence of Events appearing greyed out when they should be active
- Ability UI sounds when full are now 100% less ear shattering

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I kept skipping the update because I was without wifi at work. Then I saw they nerfed Modern Hawkeye for The Hunt and noticed mine was still jacked up. I tried to stave off the update but after skipping it a few times at home, it just kicked me out of a match and autoupdated. Peckerheads.

I managed to get all black covers for Doom with no blue so I'll see how I fare in that tourney. Also got a cover I needed for old and new Magneto after getting poo poo for tokens yesterday.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

IAmUnaware posted:

If you have multiple heroes who have the same value for a tile type (for example, for environment tiles), what determines which hero shatters that type? Is it position in the party, or some other thing that's harder to affect (like the order you recruited them)?

It goes to the highest then to person in the first position in the team (center).

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I actually feel pretty invested into the Dark Avengers tourney. My bracket doesn't have too many high level Rags (level 15 ones are very beatable), so my Venom and Moonstone are pretty cool there. The spammable 4 purp stun is so good, even if I rarely get the opportunity to use the 5 web instakill.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, I'm really new to the game, but because I got a lot of Venom drops and a couple of Moonstones and that one lucky Ragnarok, I've been beating up on lots of people toward the bottom end. I like that the game isn't only full of people who are all max level, and it's possible to actually build up guys. Every time I load the game up I feel like I'm making progress, which is good.

I actually like Classic Hawkeye, and think he'd be pretty viable as a level 40er if they'd just lower the cost of his aim ability.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Yeah, I'm really new to the game, but because I got a lot of Venom drops and a couple of Moonstones and that one lucky Ragnarok, I've been beating up on lots of people toward the bottom end. I like that the game isn't only full of people who are all max level, and it's possible to actually build up guys. Every time I load the game up I feel like I'm making progress, which is good.

I actually like Classic Hawkeye, and think he'd be pretty viable as a level 40er if they'd just lower the cost of his aim ability.

It is based on how you rank previously and/or your total levels. I could only win 1 one match on bad is good because that team only had a level 70 ragnarok.

That is literally the problem with Hawkeye is his abilities cost a ton of ap. In 90% of situations iron man is more useful with red ap. And same with purple ap and black widow.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 14, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tezzeract posted:

I actually feel pretty invested into the Dark Avengers tourney. My bracket doesn't have too many high level Rags (level 15 ones are very beatable), so my Venom and Moonstone are pretty cool there. The spammable 4 purp stun is so good, even if I rarely get the opportunity to use the 5 web instakill.
I'm somehow at #2 and I think it's because I built literally the most boring team to play with or against - Venom, Bullseye and Daken. I've been fighting for like an hour now and I'm still at full health. I do dick for damage but I've managed to avoid fighting any massive Rags so the fight just becomes one of attrition against everyone who isn't Daken, then spamming out 5 web tiles and a pounce for a finish.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm at 720 points, would like to get up to 800 in the last hour for the token, but I'm all out of medkits and my last fight took guys pretty low. At least I should walk away from this with some Wolverines.

How would folks suggest building Wolverine anyway? Currently at 2g/3r/3y, 5 green is a no-brainer but more yellow doesn't seem that useful (unless you get starved on yellow tiles, 8 is pretty common) and a cheaper slash feels counterproductive too since he likes red AP in reserve.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I'm at 720 points, would like to get up to 800 in the last hour for the token, but I'm all out of medkits and my last fight took guys pretty low. At least I should walk away from this with some Wolverines.

How would folks suggest building Wolverine anyway? Currently at 2g/3r/3y, 5 green is a no-brainer but more yellow doesn't seem that useful (unless you get starved on yellow tiles, 8 is pretty common) and a cheaper slash feels counterproductive too since he likes red AP in reserve.

Yellow always heal is amazing.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bruceski posted:

5/3/5 is the magic number. Frankly, you're not going to use Adamantium Slash all that much and when you do it will typically end a fight. Meanwhile, 5 Yellow takes the guesswork out of healing with Wolverine and you're going to HATE it when you're caught short with one tile too few.

I have my Spidey maxed so I'm debating how much of a dick I want to be in Bad Is Good.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Man PVP is an exciting race. Tied with this guy at #2, hope we both get 3 cover Spidermen!

Edit:
Hm, crap I'm at #2? I can't wait to see what happens (ie I end up 3rd :v:)

Edit 2: I think this guy is tanking too from #1.

Edit 3: Yay, proud new owner of 3 covers of Spiderman!

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 14, 2013

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
No...... I was comfortably in second and somehow the first place guy dropped 100 points at the 2 minute mark and put me at 1st by 30 points. I was not able to quit matches fast enough.

:negative:

I really wish they would implement an option of taking a lower level prize.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Yeah, I got a lovely IW after being in first all night and trying to tank under 2nd place guy. Tanked too early and he must have noticed and did the same. Ah well, at least we can do all Hunt repeatables!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I kept bouncing between 3rd and 4th and still got in the Top 5. For a Moonstone, Daken, Venom team, I did better than I expected. I realized early on that instead of hoping to make five web tiles for a Devour, I should use the stuns anytime I'd activate an enemies' buff. Oh, I just got two more strike tiles. Don't you wish you did, too? We can't have Bullseye making those shields every time I match a purple, either. And always leave Daken for last unless he's a complete cripple.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Hey guys, both me and the husband can't seem to get a loving connection (both on the Steam version). Just times out while loading and then can't connect.

I keep restarting it in hopes it'd stop making GBS threads itself but no luck so far. Any ideas? Tips?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Hey guys, both me and the husband can't seem to get a loving connection (both on the Steam version). Just times out while loading and then can't connect.

I keep restarting it in hopes it'd stop making GBS threads itself but no luck so far. Any ideas? Tips?

Try verifying your game cache.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I had a comfortable 1st place lead, then I intentionally tanked myself and got exactly where I needed to be: 2-5th place to finish off my final Spidey covers. This was a pretty exciting and rewarding tourney for me. I really didn't think I could do so well with only a 69 Daken, 53 Bullseye, and 25 Rag, but I'm just lucky the game didn't put me in a bracket filled with Uber-Rags.

Were there any other Goons playing with me? I was JessyC01.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Jibo posted:

Try verifying your game cache.

Yeah I tried that twice and nothing. I actually just got in after posting about how I can't connect though so I don't know what's up. But yay more puzzle-crack!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The Dark Avengers tourney really shows you that almost all the Dark Avengers need a major revamp. They're mostly boring (passive Daken/Bullseye) or highly situational (Moonstone, Yelena) with Ragnarok being the only real useful character.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Where is the 100hp daily deal? I don't see it anywhere.

Also won Invisible Woman since I couldn't be bothered to lose any matches. :effort: Going to use her as a sub when my main IW gets downed during the last Alaska mission.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

mania posted:

Where is the 100hp daily deal? I don't see it anywhere.

Also won Invisible Woman since I couldn't be bothered to lose any matches. :effort: Going to use her as a sub when my main IW gets downed during the last Alaska mission.

I found mine to the far left of the Recruit menu.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
What is everyones brackets looking like for the tournament? Sitting at 41 now with 31819 and top guy in my bracket has 32661. Anyone have an Idea of how Punisher is shaping up? I could make a run for top 50 at the end, but the event finishes in the middle of my workday so am screwed out of anything else. I swing in this group over 100 points just by taking a few minutes off to watch something. Just wondering how every ones else brackets are doing.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

What is everyones brackets looking like for the tournament? Sitting at 41 now with 31819 and top guy in my bracket has 32661. Anyone have an Idea of how Punisher is shaping up? I could make a run for top 50 at the end, but the event finishes in the middle of my workday so am screwed out of anything else. I swing in this group over 100 points just by taking a few minutes off to watch something. Just wondering how every ones else brackets are doing.

I'm #217 with 33,059pts, and #1 has 38,586pts. I usually jump to the top 10 after I clear my events. I tend to wait until it's almost over so I get the most points out of the repeatables.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
196th with 29,000 points. I haven't even touched it today and likely won't be doing much more in it until each side event and the main event is about to end.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I'm #12 with 28,334. First place has 29,044. Looks really close. Everyone is just tens of points away from each other.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Eddain posted:

The Dark Avengers tourney really shows you that almost all the Dark Avengers need a major revamp. They're mostly boring (passive Daken/Bullseye) or highly situational (Moonstone, Yelena) with Ragnarok being the only real useful character.

Dunno, I'm a fan of Moonstone's playstyle for PVE and she did pretty well for me in the tourney. Plus Venom is incredibly good in the meta without Iron Man and Black Widow.

Bullseye is a bit lacking - maybe give him a 3rd ability?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Does anyone know how the points for the events work? They go down a lot and then get larger when I come back later? Are they based on time or other people or what?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Does anyone know how the points for the events work? They go down a lot and then get larger when I come back later? Are they based on time or other people or what?

They're kinda linked to how others are doing in the event. When you're closer to the top ranks you get less points, when you're farther down you get more points so you have a chance to catch up. It largely doesn't matter since the final two hour rush determines everything. It's nice if you're trying to get the last 30,000 progression reward though.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
So if I already got that I should just wait until as close to the end as possible and then rush the repeatables?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Right now I'm #11 with 46751. #1 is 47016. Needless to say, Sunday will be a clusterfuck.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
drat, I really don't like this update. Big crystal or little crystal instead of knowing how much a character is buffed up front? Did they think this game was TOO playable?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

So if I already got that I should just wait until as close to the end as possible and then rush the repeatables?

I believe it's tied to your main bracket. You don't need to do it at the last minute, but definitely do it when you're not near the top of your main bracket.

If you're hunting for heroic tokens, it helps to have access to all of the repeatables. Doing a Jump Jet 3 will probably cement you into the top 400. Grinding seems to have diminishing returns though - I received 0 from Devilsaur after a bunch of rounds.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

I believe it's tied to your main bracket. You don't need to do it at the last minute, but definitely do it when you're not near the top of your main bracket.

If you're hunting for heroic tokens, it helps to have access to all of the repeatables. Doing a Jump Jet 3 will probably cement you into the top 400. Grinding seems to have diminishing returns though - I received 0 from Devilsaur after a bunch of rounds.

Is there a trick to JJ3 other than "use buffed heroes who you've maxed out"?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Use Stormnarok, which you've maxed out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bruceski posted:

My trick is "trigger that glitch where they show up as Level 60 HAMMER mooks".

Only I don't really trigger it as much as sometimes end up lucking into it. Which dramatically changes the rewards (Either Black Widow Modern or Juggernaut, and they can be sent to 25 friends) so if you're after those then you shouldn't bother. It also gets rid of or lowers everyone's buffs. I think Hawkeye is the only one to retain them, and they're much lower than 200%.

I also couldn't access the Bad is Good Tournament until I restarted, and Lightning Rounds were also lacking in buffs.

That glitch is really weird.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I use a high level Hawkeye and if I'm lucky run Critical environment loops till everything is dead. Before this patch introduced a moderate nerf to that strategy, with a little luck I could finish off JJ3 without needing to use any heals on my team. Occasinally I wouldn't even suffer any damage.

It's still a moderately viable strategy, but it's a lot harder to run since matching enviros with a critical no longer instantly gives you the board crash.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I used the daily special and got X-Force Wolverine. I don't know if I really want him or not.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Inspired by success stories of daily deals I also spent 100 hero points. I got a rag green. No wait, that would be Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

My daily deal was an Original Black Widow black. Then I spent a regular token and got an Original Black Widow black.