Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
that sucks rear end, i'm sorry friendo

e: to both of youse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

Portals posted:

I bet if my mom had taken care of me after the divorce instead of my dad I would've seen way more cool x-files/millennium type stuff

instead I got anime and "psychological" movies

thanks dad

sounds like rape

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my dad is a pretty big shithead and really into japanese culture but happily he always thought anime was beneath him

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Fruity Gordo posted:

that sucks rear end, i'm sorry friendo

e: to both of youse

thanks

don't really want to make the thread all depressing but i'm in that "not really drunk anymore and dreading the impending hangover" phase which is, well, kinda depressing.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Im still a goddamn child inside whaddup

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i feel you sisterfriend

sometimes when im in the still-drunk-sobering-up phase i automatically shift to thinking about depressing poo poo too. other times i look at my cat and start weeping because YOURE SO BEAUTIFUL WHY IS LIFE SO TRANSIENT

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
but then she'll do something really cute or stupid and i'll be like 'fair enough' and feel a bit better. goode catte

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
my cat is really pretty

my cat helps

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
some mexican lady who used to work at my job was named miladys lol

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
irc?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm sorry, TKH. I have no idea how I'm going to handle my father dying and I'm almost 30.

I don't remember if there was any X-Files involved, but my dad has been one of those "There are statistically aliens out there" people since I can remember, and would watch whatever shows he could on them when I was very little. He was the sole parent of an only child, so he didn't remember how poo poo can get into kids' heads.

Anyway, it turns out that even as an adult, super-elongated humanoid figures freak me right the gently caress out! So I had a lot of sleepless nights where I was convinced really tall aliens were going to abduct me. Then Signs came out when I was 16 or so, and I realized tall aliens still scared the poo poo out of me. One of my friend's bathroom had windows that started about eight feet off the ground, and I often peed in the dark after everyone had gone to bed, so I could keep an eye out through those windows for tall aliens. Sometimes these thoughts were fueled by booze and weed, but not enough for me to use it as an excuse.

Bugs are pretty cool, except for fruit flies/gnats. I hate them and will gladly set traps made for them out of apple cider vinegar, dish soap, and cheap wine. Each tiny little body at the bottom of the bowl is a small victory for people who don't like gnats flying in their faces all over the world.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

rocketpig posted:

Toe knee hand, I had a go at painting your cat.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

argh i cant im meant to be doing an essay, so as soon as i go on irc i will be doomed because i get on that poo poo and never leave :byodame:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fabulist posted:

I'm sorry, TKH. I have no idea how I'm going to handle my father dying and I'm almost 30.

I don't remember if there was any X-Files involved, but my dad has been one of those "There are statistically aliens out there" people since I can remember, and would watch whatever shows he could on them when I was very little. He was the sole parent of an only child, so he didn't remember how poo poo can get into kids' heads.

Anyway, it turns out that even as an adult, super-elongated humanoid figures freak me right the gently caress out! So I had a lot of sleepless nights where I was convinced really tall aliens were going to abduct me. Then Signs came out when I was 16 or so, and I realized tall aliens still scared the poo poo out of me. One of my friend's bathroom had windows that started about eight feet off the ground, and I often peed in the dark after everyone had gone to bed, so I could keep an eye out through those windows for tall aliens. Sometimes these thoughts were fueled by booze and weed, but not enough for me to use it as an excuse.

Bugs are pretty cool, except for fruit flies/gnats. I hate them and will gladly set traps made for them out of apple cider vinegar, dish soap, and cheap wine. Each tiny little body at the bottom of the bowl is a small victory for people who don't like gnats flying in their faces all over the world.

yesssss wine fruitfly traps are the best. im cool with all bugs except fruit flies and cockroaches because these are the two things i have found in a glass of wine while drinking from it :argh:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

thanks, rocketpig did an amazing job. she's sending me a print. isn't he pretty?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Fruity Gordo posted:

argh i cant im meant to be doing an essay, so as soon as i go on irc i will be doomed because i get on that poo poo and never leave :byodame:

no that's okay you do work, be productive, be girl power and all that poo poo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fruity Gordo posted:

fyi girls if you need help identifying x files episodes it is one of my party tricks to give the name and synopsis of all x files episodes on command if someone gives me the season and ep number. imo it is the greatest party trick

What was that one where a guy dies on the toilet? Scully is all "Oh he probably pooped too hard and had a stroke, that happens all the time, nbd". It turned out it wasn't pooping at all, it was something weird after all. Surprise!

Gave me a morbid fear of pooping.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
lol that was war of the coprophages as well. that episode was written by darin morgan, the same guy who wrote humbug and blood, and clyde bruckman's final repose which is one of my favourite episodes. i think bruckman won a few emmys. he also played the flukeman and the guy born with the vestigial tail who goes around shapeshifting and raping women. he's probably the weirdest guy involved in the x files

though gillian anderson is also pretty batshit mental. i would date her in a second :allears:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh god bug talk. gently caress bugs. I hate all insects. Especially millipedes, lady bugs, and box elder beetles.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
what's your beef with ladybugs?

war of the coprophages is loving wack, dont watch it if you hate bugs. there's weird creepy robot cockroaches running around killing people, and an entemologist called bambi shows up and she and mulder flirt like crazy and scully gets jealous, then they all end up at a poo poo processing place which blows up and covers them all with poo poo. so loving gross

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I hope I didn't miss X-Files chat. I, like Fruity Gordo, have an encyclopedic knowledge of the subject.

I want a new Scully/Gillian avatar but I haven't found one I liked.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fruity Gordo posted:

what's your beef with ladybugs?

The red ones and the yellow ones would invade my home every fall. They were relentless and very aggressive. They would fly at you try and bit you, and hit you repeatedly.

E: not to mention the loving smell they make.

A lot like this. The box elder beetles were the companions in the invasion.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
BUT I JUST PUT MONEY IN THE MAGIC FINGERS :saddowns:

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Fruity Gordo posted:

BUT I JUST PUT MONEY IN THE MAGIC FINGERS :saddowns:

The best episode

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I also know lots about The X-Files, I grew up watching it religiously because my mom had a crush on Mulder. Jose Chung's "From Outer Space" will forever be the best episode, and "Home" is the scariest.

I used to love the paranormal in general, every spare bit of money I had as a kid went to books about ghosts and chupacabras and the like.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Al Borland posted:

The red ones and the yellow ones would invade my home every fall. They were relentless and very aggressive. They would fly at you try and bit you, and hit you repeatedly.

E: not to mention the loving smell they make.

A lot like this. The box elder beetles were the companions in the invasion.

These are Japanese beetles, hth.

Ladybugs fuckkin rule

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Looks like Harmonia axyridis, which is a swarming invasive beetle from Asia, but is a Coccinellid (lady beetle). They can bite, but it's rare and very mild. They tend to aggregate when looking for overwintering spots. They're attracted to south-facing white walls especially.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also millipedes are obligate vegetarians so they are peaceful and loving animals, or so say diplopodologists.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Also millipedes are obligate vegetarians so they are peaceful and loving animals, or so say diplopodologists.

on the other hand, they are hella gross

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

on the other hand, they are hella gross

No!!!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I went to an indie craft fair for a minute this morning cos some friends of mine were selling there and I wanted to say hi. There was a girl selling nothing but fascinators. She was cute and the one she was modelling looked nice, but people were just smiling at her politely and walking by her stand.

They looked well-made, at least.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

that bug is pooping while eating, i promise

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

I went to an indie craft fair for a minute this morning cos some friends of mine were selling there and I wanted to say hi. There was a girl selling nothing but fascinators. She was cute and the one she was modelling looked nice, but people were just smiling at her politely and walking by her stand.

lol fascinators, my fav new thing to laugh at

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick, if I'd known you were there taking pictures I would've said hi :(.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
hahaha

fascinators might fascinate if you fasten them somewhere else, ie the butt

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
everybody is always checking out everyone elses butt, its science

i learned it from the metal gear solid video game series

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I don't really notice butts unless they're really good or really bad. I'm butt-ambivalent.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

millipedes are adorable, spiders are adorable, moths are adorable, ladybugs are adorable

it's just common sense

and I will admit I don't really understand the fascination with butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

millipedes are adorable, spiders are adorable, moths are adorable, ladybugs are adorable

it's just common sense

This person gets it! :h:

• Locked thread