Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Karnegal posted:

Do they patch hero's? I have like 3 bag-man covers and I already recruited him before I knew better. 120 ISO is like 3 minutes of time, so should I just use the covers and hope one day he doesn't suck, or is it really that dismal?
It's unlikely since he's sucked forever and better characters have been buffed ahead of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

There's something evil about how they chose Juggernaut, Modern Storm, and Yelena for the three heroes on the 500 ISO token draw.

That's just setting expectations. :v:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I tried out my lv50 maxed spidey in the SHIELD training and yeah... he's plenty good.

Question: Are venom's and spidey's web tiles both interchangable/compatible with one another?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I tried out my lv50 maxed spidey in the SHIELD training and yeah... he's plenty good.

Question: Are venom's and spidey's web tiles both interchangable/compatible with one another?

Yes, and if the enemy makes them you can eat those too. Web tiles are faction-neutral.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey, Venom and Bag-Man team up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SynthOrange posted:

Spidey, Venom and Bag-Man team up.

Bag-man counts as Spidey doesn't he? Otherwise that could be funny.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

So if I'm faced with a difficult PVE mission (without Venom as enemy) I can make my team spidey, venom, and magneto now (purple power at 5), get the AP boosts, collect blue and purple, stunlock the enemy the entire round, and just devour the entire team? :stonk: Sounds too good to be true

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Happy Bear Suit posted:

So if I'm faced with a difficult PVE mission (without Venom as enemy) I can make my team spidey, venom, and magneto now (purple power at 5), get the AP boosts, collect blue and purple, stunlock the enemy the entire round, and just devour the entire team? :stonk: Sounds too good to be true

I've finally gotten to a point where most missions can be won with an early iron man or moonstone kill and then spiderman lock down fueled by storm. I end with a big heal and then I'm good to go again. If I had another 2 blue covers it would be like 100%.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Bruceski posted:

Web tiles are faction-neutral.

That's not entirely true. Moonstone's purple ability will target an enemy web tile but not a friendly one.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Overall rank 51-75 prize. :wtc:

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

I dont get their daily deal pricing.

1 Heroic for 100
or
10 Heroic for 2700, or 270 a card.

I mean sure if you're impatient lets have all those Bag-Men or you could have 1 Bag-Man a day for the whole week and a bit for nearly a third of the price.

Isn't that 100 Heroic just the daily deal? After the first one the price jumps up to 300.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Largepotato posted:

Overall rank 51-75 prize. :wtc:

At that rank you get 250 iso and if you sell that purple widow you get 100 iso.

Rank 51-75: Total prize is worth 350 iso.

At rank 76-100 you get 250 iso and 3 recruit tokens. Assuming the 3 recruit tokens net you any 1-star covers for you to sell, you can get 300 iso.

Rank 76-100: Total prize is worth 550 iso.

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I think it's meant to be original Black Widow purple, but it would be amusing if those poor souls actually got modern instead. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bubbapook posted:

Isn't that 100 Heroic just the daily deal? After the first one the price jumps up to 300.

Yes, which is why it will be spread out over a week. The deal is available once a day.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So just decided to give this a try and it's a great time waster so far. I read the OP but a lot of it kinda jumped over my head in areas, what should I be doing with my currency? Got like 1k plus iso and 225 hero points just sitting there not doing a lot because I don't wanna blow it on something dumb. :v:

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Puweyxil posted:

I am paralyzed, and am uncomfortable spending any resources on (too) good characters. Rags will be 5/1 and level 67 forever.

Just a heads up, I saw this morning that the log in bonus for 60 days (five days) is a Ragnarok Green. Pretty stoked, most of the Rag lightning rounds last week were at odd hours for us 9-5 east coast goons, except that evening one.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

So just decided to give this a try and it's a great time waster so far. I read the OP but a lot of it kinda jumped over my head in areas, what should I be doing with my currency? Got like 1k plus iso and 225 hero points just sitting there not doing a lot because I don't wanna blow it on something dumb. :v:

Blow all the hero points on character slots so you won't run out of space.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Yardbomb posted:

This thing from OP is reasonably good:

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'd go so far as to say not to sell Venom or Juggernaut for a starting player. I have a Venom at level 10, and he was crucial for winning the very last available mission with a level 115 Ragnarok. Venom and Juggernaut are also both tanky assholes; Venom even has a stun!

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Yea I would say Juggernaut is a cheap mans Thor and fairly useful suicide bomb on harder enemies. Once you get Thor Juggernaut is kinda meh, but he's a good substitute until you can grab Thor

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
He's also useful for one shotting low-med level supports that you don't really want on the field longer than necessary (Both Storms, Black Widow, Daken, Bullseye)

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Also I was wondering why there's no Loki talk. For pink switch ability is amazing for only 5 AP and lets Thor or other chain attack teams get another shot at continuing the pain or chance at a crit tile for easily attainable AP

The Biggest Jerk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 16, 2013

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Also I was wondering why there's no Loki talk. For pink switch ability is amazing for only 5 AP and lets Thor or other chain attack teams get another shot at continuing the pain for little A.
Lokis pink is really hit-or-miss. It either chains a cascade or does nothing. Also his black power is too situational to use for conventional combat. And other characters like magneto have pink powers that are far more useful imo.

I think he needs a third (passive) skill to be more flexible to justify using him.

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 16, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

When is chapter one suppose to come out? I feel like when it does I'm going to steam roll right through it with my team.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

DrManiac posted:

When is chapter one suppose to come out? I feel like when it does I'm going to steam roll right through it with my team.

The red iso event was chapter 1, and the hunt was chapter two. They don't have plans to add another permanent tab to the pve area.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Deep Winter posted:

The red iso event was chapter 1, and the hunt was chapter two. They don't have plans to add another permanent tab to the pve area.

I'm pretty glad I ended up trying The Hunt. Florida was the highlight for me, though Savage Land was pretty fun too. The loot explosion was also quite nice :)

The events tab feels a bit empty now, but I remember the craziness that was Lightning Round, Dark Avengers PVP and Hunt sub-events.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
In the hunt I was able to score the Wolverine 3 pack, which was nice. I woke up at like 150th and quickly was able to climb back into top 50 but I didnt have the patience to keep running missions for like 20-30 pts to overcome the last 800 or so pts I needed to be #1. It would of cost me some $$ since I do not have a healer and needed revive tokens. All in all I got a ton of levels on a myriad of heroes, tons of covers, Iso and hero ponts so I cant complain.

In the Dr Doom, I seem to have hit the slacker bracket right after the Hunt was over and I had no problem climbing the ranks to #1- #3. I too was going for #2 but I got edged out at the last seconds, literally, by #3 to overtake my 2nd place with 14 pts and not enough time to do anything about it. What hurt me as well, I got challenged and lost 20 pts at the last minute, so that 20 pts cost me the spidey 3 pack. I really needed the spidey yellow, because I didnt have it yet, but I was happy to score the blue and purp in 3rd place. It was a fine line to ride as well since #1 was within like 50 pts. So you couldnt just keep grinding and racking up the points. You had to ride that line just right but I ened up on the losing side of that one.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 16, 2013

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
I know this has been asked before, but does anyone know yet if Punisher is in regular token rotation? Or if he will be soon? I've been stockpiling my tokens and ISO for him.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Well poo poo, I had the not-fake facebook signed in on my phone and linked the wrong account. Is there any way to undo this?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I'd go so far as to say not to sell Venom or Juggernaut for a starting player. I have a Venom at level 10, and he was crucial for winning the very last available mission with a level 115 Ragnarok. Venom and Juggernaut are also both tanky assholes; Venom even has a stun!

Normally I'd say not to sell any covers until you've maxed everyone out, assuming you're okay with chucking a buck or two into the game here and there. You never know who is going to be the next featured character in an event.

That said, they haven't done a featured One Star character since the Juggernaut forever ago.

I totally hosed up the Doom event. Went to a party yesterday, had some drinks, and left my phone somewhere so I couldn't play it. I could have used those easy Spider-Mans.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Taking Blue to 5 means that instead of having healing OR timer increases, you'll always heal, even if timers are on the board. I thought I was going for a 3/5/5 build, but looking closer, the damage added at max level and skill for black matches is only 112, so 5/5/3 may be better, since that still takes 4 purple matches, but steals 4 purple back.

Don't forget, black damage at 4 and 5 double dips on strike tiles.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Relentless posted:

So, I'm being a complete cock and running Ragnarok/Storm** in the free for all tourney, but who's a good third for using all the spare yellow/black/purple AP?

I'm currently just using Thor so I can throw out his yellow and keep the Storm train going even longer, but is there a better choice?

Thor is a great choice. I'm also partial to Daken (keeps red on the board during Thunderclap, plus bonus clap and combo damage) and Spider-man (lock-down, but no nuke). I imagine Loki, any of the Black Widows, Bullseye, and Hood, would also be solid choices if you've got them skilled/leveled more than I.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
This no-buff thing isn't doing me any favors. My max level Thor and Wolverine keep limping out of battles barely alive with the third team member usually dead. I waited until about 10 this morning to start my first match. Match one was against a team of level 6's. After that, the usual parade of maxed Thors and Rags began. gently caress me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm going to clean up that stuff in the OP a bit, so here goes nothing!

• Never play the 500 ISO lottery, always use recruit tokens instead.
  • Never have less than 1000-1500ISO, always keep some on hand
  • Use your ISO above 1000-1500to level up either Iron Man 35, Thor, or Wolverine, in that order.
  • Your other characters can stay around 15-20 forever, but those three characters will tank every single hit if you level them up past 35-40. Ability damage scales with their character level!
  • Don't use boosts unless you're making more ISO than you're using. For instance, clearing PVE events with the +3 All | +3 Red/Yellow boosts costs 300 ISO for 3 Matches. In PVE that's 600 ISO earned for 3 consecutive wins on matches you haven't played, in PVP it's anywhere from 210 to 420 :420:. This is why you want at least 1000-1500ISO—so you have a cushion in case you only get 210 a few times in a row.
  • ALWAYS play the PVP tournaments. The first four rewards are usually a recruit token, 500 ISO, another recruit token, 250 ISO, and a heroic token. If you can reach it, that's an easy way to snag heroic tokens. Regardless, just getting the first four rewards will be an ISO/Character profit, even if you use three boosts for every match.
  • Spend all your Hero Points on cover slots, until you have around 20 slots.
  • Always keep the three-star covers, if possible. If you don't have room, sell off Hawkeye Classic, Juggernaut, Venom, or Yelena Bolova. It is very easy to get covers for these characters.
  • ALWAYS keep Spider-Man or Ragnarok. They are hard to come by, and extremely powerful (this may change in further balance patches)
  • You are guaranteed one of the four listed rewards for completing a story mission, each consecutive win afterward has a 50/50 shot for either another reward, or 20 ISO. Just keep trying if there's something specific you need.
  • Hero Points can be earned from certain story missions. It is okay to spend ISO on boosts in order to grind out those Hero Points, without earning ISO back. HPs are far, far more valuable.
  • Heroes can only use a max of 13 Ability Covers. For heroes with three abilities, that means you will either have one maxed out at 5 and two stuck at 4, or two maxed at 5 and one stuck at 3.

And here's the Average Early Team Progression for most players:

Get a Black Widow Modern(5 Blue/3* Purple), Ironman 35 (5 Red, 5 Yellow, 3 Blue) and Storm Modern (5 Green, everything else can be whatever you like). Start a mission with +3 RY, +3BP, and +3All boosts. Make one blue match, stun the scariest guy, make two green matches, use Storm's lightning, spam abilities until dead. Over time, replace IM with Thor (5/5/3), Black Widow with Wolverine (5/3/5), and Storm Modern with Storm Classic (5/5/3). This is the most cookie cutter team, but it will work pretty much everywhere with everybody at or above Level 20.

*Her purple ability gets really expensive and not all that useful as you level it up. 3 is the highest I would go, but since you aren't going to want he above level 20ish anyway (so she doesn't get priority for gems, and sits out front to be damaged) you can do even less than that if you want!

Did I miss anything, excluding slacker bracket stuff? I didn't really want to dig too hard into PVP.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

What is everyone using for the NHB tournament? I haven't started yet but am trying to determine which team will give me the best chance of a decent run. I am definitely using Thor(78) and Spider-Man Classic(59) for lockdown, healing, and hammers to the face. My other options are Wolverine Astonishing(55) at 5/4/4 for added damage or Black Widow Original(42) at 5/3/2 for stealing tiles. I can't decide. I will probably take both teams to the Danger Room and see how they do. I am just curious what teams you other goons are using / planning on using.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I'm using a 1/5 66 Rag, a max level 5/5/3 Classic Storm, and a level 70 1/5/3 Spider-Man. I honestly don't care what my opponent's team is. If I start with 3 ALL and 3 red/yellow boosts, I try to make 1 or 2 red matches. Then Ragnarok can churn greens, Storm clears the board, and then I'm generally at a point where the opponent doesn't get to go again. Right before I finish off the last guy, I'll have Spider-Man heal up any incidental damage I took in the first couple of turns getting my red matches.

When the opponent doesn't get to go, it doesn't matter who is on their team.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

intangible posted:

What is everyone using for the NHB tournament? I haven't started yet but am trying to determine which team will give me the best chance of a decent run. I am definitely using Thor(78) and Spider-Man Classic(59) for lockdown, healing, and hammers to the face. My other options are Wolverine Astonishing(55) at 5/4/4 for added damage or Black Widow Original(42) at 5/3/2 for stealing tiles. I can't decide. I will probably take both teams to the Danger Room and see how they do. I am just curious what teams you other goons are using / planning on using.

I'm running 50Thor/30Daken/30Wolverine with RY/GB/ALL boosts. I tear through any team like a hot knife through butter, unless they're level 85.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I just tried Thor/Spidey/Wolverine buffed with ALL/RY/PB and I definitely stomped a mudhole. Feral Claws -> Mjolnir's Might -> lucky yellow cascade -> Lightning Strike = Dead enemy Thor. I locked the other 2 down and leisurely beat them about the face and arms. I think I've found my team for this tournament. Thank you for your input, goons.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I'm rolling with my lvl 50 Iron Man 35, 40-ish Thor, and usually my 15 Classic Magneto or 40-something Modern Hawkeye.

I'll skip until I can find someone who's 3 characters are all in the 30s (or lower) and I am using the All AP, Red/Yellow, Black/Green boosts. With a quick red match or two I can usually take out one guy right away with Iron Man and then with a couple of yellows, Thor can take out another one and while that's been going on I've been saving up blues and green for Mag/Hawk and Thor to put the hurt on the last guy.

For where I am in the game it works pretty good.

edit: I suck at games and this is probably a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

omnibobb posted:

I'm rolling with my lvl 50 Iron Man 35, 40-ish Thor, and usually my 15 Classic Magneto or 40-something Modern Hawkeye.

I'll skip until I can find someone who's 3 characters are all in the 30s (or lower) and I am using the All AP, Red/Yellow, Black/Green boosts. With a quick red match or two I can usually take out one guy right away with Iron Man and then with a couple of yellows, Thor can take out another one and while that's been going on I've been saving up blues and green for Mag/Hawk and Thor to put the hurt on the last guy.

For where I am in the game it works pretty good.

edit: I suck at games and this is probably a bad idea.

IM and Thor don't really work well together because they fight over red and yellow. If you have maxed IM yellow, you could theoretically funnel all that AP into IM and make a buttload of protect tiles, but that just elongates the match when you can thwack out 1000 damage with Thor and kill the dangerous guys outright. I think if you swapped out IM for somebody that can churn the board into something fresh, and MAYBE swap Hawkeye for a different stunner or a character with non-RYG priority, you could easily tackle teams above your level and win.