Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

I couldn't seem to find a black cape anywhere so I decided to make my own.

Craftable from the yarn spinner. Here's the files for any of you who would like one as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywrbgnlvvz7kxz7/blackcapemod.rar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Day 7,427

Had a visitor today. Not my colleagues theysaidtheywouldcomeback but he seemed nice. I do need more flesh blocks...

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 16, 2013

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

XboxPants posted:

Just keep in mind that this basically bricks their entire character and I think they have to edit their save data to get it back in. (unless you can just immediately duck to dodge it, heard someone mention that somewhere)

They can go to another planet, but if they don't have fuel someone will have to bring it to then. If they start ducking I can put other traps there, instead.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Does anyone know much about the ABC format used for the in-game music? Is there a composer program I can use to actually write songs (other than NP++)? I tried searching a bit last night but it was hard to get a refined search that wouldn't give me the Jackson Five song or the TV Network.

I'd like to try my hand at some Spacemusic.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I really want to play this, but I'm trying to hold off until they're past the character wipe phase. Do we know if there will be more wipes? If so, have they given a timeframe for when characters might be safe?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What happened to planets above level 1, I cannot locate any of them?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Hakarne posted:

I really want to play this, but I'm trying to hold off until they're past the character wipe phase. Do we know if there will be more wipes? If so, have they given a timeframe for when characters might be safe?

The launcher still had big, angry, red letters stating "WIPES ARE TO BE EXPECTED" with out a timeframe for "things are okay". That said, they managed the last two patches without wipes, though you did need a new universe to get the new stuff.

My friends and I have been using the MP server to generate new universe content while keeping our characters. I think it is working?

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What happened to planets above level 1, I cannot locate any of them?

At the moment, every Alpha Sector planet is level 1, every Beta Sector planet is level 2, and so on.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

e:nevermind

Pentecoastal Elites fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 16, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Iny posted:

At the moment, every Alpha Sector planet is level 1, every Beta Sector planet is level 2, and so on.

Thank you, I was wondering where it all went to.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Hakarne posted:

Yes, probably several.

No.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

My new glitch character started on an interesting planet. Regularly spaced glitch libraries, random Apex laboratories and the libraries are all guarded by glitches with "terrifying wings" and badass looking hats. I got a set of wings but they're just cosmetic. Theres an eye chest right where you spawn, a tech chest in an Apex lab to the right and plain chests at the top of every one of the large amount of glitch libraries. Large amounts of cosmetic items which I thought someone might like. EDIT: Loads of Apex labs with high tech chest, havent gotten any tech from them yet.

Alpha Tau CMa 5232 V a (forest moon(of Endor))
X: -97459393 Y: 54220545

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 16, 2013

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is there an armour set between platinum and aegisalt? I'm on a level 5 planet in platinum gear and everything is two shotting me. Is there something I'm missing to alleviate things or do I just have to mine enough salt while biting down on a stick?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'm looking for a panel, about the same size as the 3D Printer/Tech panel, and looking similar, but with a different thing on the display and a slightly different keyboard. Does anyone know what that might be?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pilchenstein posted:

Is there an armour set between platinum and aegisalt? I'm on a level 5 planet in platinum gear and everything is two shotting me. Is there something I'm missing to alleviate things or do I just have to mine enough salt while biting down on a stick?

There's a race named durasteel set.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
It's not on the anvil though, at least for me it was on the crafting table, so i missed it at first too.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

JerikTelorian posted:

Does anyone know much about the ABC format used for the in-game music? Is there a composer program I can use to actually write songs (other than NP++)? I tried searching a bit last night but it was hard to get a refined search that wouldn't give me the Jackson Five song or the TV Network.

I'd like to try my hand at some Spacemusic.

You could compose a midi file and then convert it, if you really wanted to bang out some tunes. I wouldn't even know what's hot for midi anymore, though.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

N is for Nipples posted:

I'm looking for a panel, about the same size as the 3D Printer/Tech panel, and looking similar, but with a different thing on the display and a slightly different keyboard. Does anyone know what that might be?

The Creature Capture Station?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VulgarandStupid posted:

They can go to another planet, but if they don't have fuel someone will have to bring it to then. If they start ducking I can put other traps there, instead.

Ah, thought you were taking about something else - yeah, just breaking a single planet is all in good fun. :D It's your own fault if you don't have any spare fuel anyway.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

XboxPants posted:

Ah, thought you were taking about something else - yeah, just breaking a single planet is all in good fun. :D It's your own fault if you don't have any spare fuel anyway.

You can also just hop to single player and find some coal there.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
Is it weird that I already want to start a new character? I'm pretty far along with my Apex character right now but I kinda want to check out some of the other character sets.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Lucid Delusion posted:

Is it weird that I already want to start a new character? I'm pretty far along with my Apex character right now but I kinda want to check out some of the other character sets.

Not at all, you'll pretty much be forced to once there's another wipe.

That Guy from Tech
Aug 13, 2011

Yeah I'll fix your computer... After this heroic...
X Sector
X Alphard Minoris VI a
X : 93094421 Y: -41980568

DIRECTLY to the left I found a mini-boss type thing that dropped some sweet rear end devil wings.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Cephalocidal posted:

OK. I've spent a solid 40 hours at this point (probably more, really) learning firsthand how difficult pixel art is. I don't even know what's going on with half of this thing - it's so large my inspiration changed at least a couple of times while I was building it out. I used the default human ship as a base model. Everything is extrapolated from that in some way or other.

Here are the files themselves for anyone who wants to use this thing (or build on it) -

Edit: fixed missing tech printer, thanks Galaga Galaxian.

http://i.imgur.com/2SDXRKB.png (rename to shipship.png)
http://i.imgur.com/qillBrB.png (rename to dropshipblocks.png)

You'll also need to open dropship.STRUCTURE (in Notepad or some other text editor and set "position" to [0, 0] so the texture lines up with the grid.

All of the above go into Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\ships\human to make this the default ship newly created human characters'll get. This overwrites the default ship for humans so back up the affected files or you'll need to delete the files and have Steam re-download them if you want to get the unmodified starter ship back.

I just started using this and it's the first time I have used a modded ship before. Is there some reason I can't place back walls or is that just a thing with modded ships?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Lucid Delusion posted:

Once you beat the peanut butter the rest of the game is basically placeholder so no reason not to start over.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

Lucid Delusion posted:

Humans just become bizarre 2/3rds the way through and glitch have a thing for eyes.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Those are just extra Glitch brains for longer than average crusading. :colbert:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Help. I'm addicted to starting new characters.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
So, I got this! One thing that bugs me a bit is that exploration is hampered kinda hard by needing 200 bits of coal every time you wanna check out somewhere new. I didn't mind having to get a bunch of minerals to make my armor; it added something more to going underground and looking for deep caves that hope of finding a big vein of copper or iron. The problem is that I HAVE my armor but I'm not sure I'm ready for the UFO, so I'm just exploring planets until I can get...a gun, I guess? But fun exploration has turned into a grind of trying to find coal on each planet when I'd RATHER be going wherever the randomizer may take me, feasting on whatever indigenous species has the sad fate of running across my Floran, and hoping I find a cool village or big temple or set of tombs.

I haven't really tried it; does the go back home button work without fuel? I'd love to find a nice jungle planet and build a proper Tree Fortress, but having to vomit out 400 fuel each time to go there and back is way too much. For now I just have to be satisfied with decorating my ship, though it's getting way too full way too fast.

Oh, and is there a... dunno, "nothing" item I can put in the visual slot for my helmet? I'd like to have helmet stats while not have to be shown actually wearing the helmet.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

the night dad posted:

Humans just become bizarre 2/3rds the way through and glitch have a thing for eyes.

Those higher tier Apex armors ensure I'll come back to my original character provided there isn't another wipe soon.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

XboxPants posted:

Someone could always bring it to them, too. Also, I wouldn't be a good beta tester if I didn't do things like this.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Tulip posted:

Once you beat the peanut butter the rest of the game is basically placeholder so no reason not to start over.

peanut butter? You mean the first boss, I don't know I've only been playing for two days off and on

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

BERGfu posted:

peanut butter? You mean the first boss, I don't know I've only been playing for two days off and on

No, the first boss is a UFO.

Peanut butter I think is tier... four?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Ablative posted:

No, the first boss is a UFO.

Peanut butter I think is tier... four?

1. Distress beacon --> UFO --> upgrade Mk. 2
2. Deactivated robot --> Robot --> upgrade Mk.3
3. Decoy princess --> Dragon --> upgrade Mk.4
4. creature capture station --> Jelly --> Durateel upgrade

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 16, 2013

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Is there a way to reset the universe without resetting a character? I'd like to see the new biome/etc changes without starting a new character.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

the night dad posted:

Jesus Hylotl. Two really loving great armors (Ferozium & Cerelium) and everything else is unbelievably ugly.

BERGfu posted:

To be fair, UFO is the only boss that isn't trivially cheesable.

They should probably make the combat music/setting disable placing blocks or something.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Fishstick posted:

Is there a way to reset the 'world' without resetting a character? I'd like to see the new biome/etc changes without starting a new character.

Go to the universe folder in the starbound directory. Find the coordinates for the planet you want to erase and erase the three files who's first two numbers of the file names match those coordinates.

Tulip posted:

To be fair, UFO is the only boss that isn't trivially cheesable.

I'd say it's pretty cheesable though this strategy works on all of them except for the robot which just needs the same idea tipped on its side.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 16, 2013

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

VulgarandStupid posted:

There's a race named durasteel set.

I checked and the Dark Knight set, which is crafted from durasteel seems to have worse stats than the platinum set. I'm managing to survive on the level 5 planet in platinum, though it's very slow going. Almost got enough aegisalt for the armour now though. :toot:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

-Zydeco- posted:

Go to the universe folder in the starbound directory. Find the coordinates for the planet you want to erase and erase the three files who's first two numbers of the file names match those coordinates.

Turns out just deleting the universe folder works also :v:. I didnt have any settlements, everything's on my ship.

E: Well poo poo, maybe not - good thing I backed up, no longer have access to the other Systems despite being in T3 :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are you able to equip other races armor if it's given to you?

• Locked thread