Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
the only way to conduct lab work is to cover yourself in potential contaminants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Like 9 but if you let her peg you you get an instant 4-point deduction

Do I get a deduction if I'm the only one who ever cooks? I did a really good lasagna over the weekend. I might do a quiche sometime this week when we run out of lasagna.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Wildlife Analysis posted:

the only way to conduct lab work is to cover yourself in potential contaminants

when I briefly did some cleanroom work we weren't even supposed to wear mascara in case it flakes off onto the chip you just made or in your AFM sample
works for me, any excuse to avoid makeup
"why do you look so weird and dead and blotchy today" "cleanroom" "oh ok cool"

also bitchin lasagne skills are like 95% of why I'm with my boyfriend
maybe more like 97%
fuckin love me some homemade lasagne

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i knew someone who worked in a rocket fuel lab in Utah and she wasn't allowed any makeup, polish, hair product, fragrances, or any objects made of metal

*rolls out of bed, works on rockets :buddy: *

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Pick posted:

i knew someone who worked in a rocket fuel lab in Utah and she wasn't allowed any makeup, polish, hair product, fragrances, or any objects made of metal

*rolls out of bed, works on rockets :buddy: *

living the loving dream

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

living the loving dream

except for the utah part

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Fisticuffs posted:

Do I get a deduction if I'm the only one who ever cooks? I did a really good lasagna over the weekend. I might do a quiche sometime this week when we run out of lasagna.

yeah alright I'll give you a minus two

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

except for the utah part

if her home was located inside bryce canyon it might be nice tbh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

if her home was located inside bryce canyon it might be nice tbh

until the park rangers shot her :ohdear:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
hey ladies

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 11, 2014

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

until the park rangers shot her :ohdear:

it is my dream to be the first person to be shot by park rangers for attempting to construct a cabin in a national park

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 11, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

it is my dream to be the first person to be shot by park rangers for attempting to construct a cabin in a national park

reform the Kaweah Colony

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm bad at accessories. Jewelry I can do, but scarves, belts, barrettes and things baffle me. I always feel like a kid playing dress-up when I try to wear them. That and I'm not a crier, which some have told me means I'm bad at being a lady.

Also, I bought my dad a xylophone for Christmas this year, because he's a guy who likes weird instruments.

I hate playing catch-up with this thread, so here's a bizarre laminated drawing I saw taped to a newspaper box earlier. Dude's got a lot goin' on:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i work in a chemistry lab and even use acetone as a solvent sometimes but i wear gloves so whatever :colbert:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
going to start work on a CYOA after wednesday

atma look what you have caused

Lady Crew is legit, so here's a hint to what it's about :

:ghost:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

reform the Kaweah Colony

hell yes

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I'm bad at accessories. Jewelry I can do, but scarves, belts, barrettes and things baffle me. I always feel like a kid playing dress-up when I try to wear them. That and I'm not a crier, which some have told me means I'm bad at being a lady.

Whenever I wear a scarf or a hat and leave the house I just imagine everyone I walk by judging my scarf or hat. It makes grocery shopping difficult. But it makes me unintentionally act way fancier.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

detectivemonkey posted:

Whenever I wear a scarf or a hat and leave the house I just imagine everyone I walk by judging my scarf or hat. It makes grocery shopping difficult. But it makes me unintentionally act way fancier.

i don't know anyone who judges people by the look of their scarves. as long as you're not wearing a pork pie, top hat, or fedora i think you're good in that department, too.

though i did see a girl in boulder with dreads and wearing a leather tricorn. i laughed

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

detectivemonkey posted:

you know how when you're at the supermarket you don't give a gently caress about any of the strangers there as long as they aren't getting in your way or making your shopping more difficult

that's how they all feel about you too

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

if you think living in a cabin in a national park would be cool and you like reading about women (which you do cuz you're in this thread) you should read prodigal summer by barbara kingsolver

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

take your best friend and a random weird kid who won't stop following you and it'll be the best summer of your life!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I avoid the supermarket as much as possible, because I hate fluorescent lights and linoleum. And because I always end up behind someone with a million coupons who pays with a check. Farmers' markets and dusty little "ethnic" shops 4 lyfe

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
would you buy this yes/no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmn9JZ1_RPA

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

if you think living in a cabin in a national park would be cool and you like reading about women (which you do cuz you're in this thread) you should read prodigal summer by barbara kingsolver

boom boom boom posted:

take your best friend and a random weird kid who won't stop following you and it'll be the best summer of your life!

are you both referring to the same book here? also kingsolver is a :rock: last name

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 11, 2014

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
never heard of it

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
What is it with half the people in this thread working in chemistry labs? I don't know anyone who works in a chemistry lab

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Was Timothy Treadwell in a national park or just wilderness?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Torka posted:

you know how when you're at the supermarket you don't give a gently caress about any of the strangers there as long as they aren't getting in your way or making your shopping more difficult

that's how they all feel about you too

actually i judge the outfits of people i see at the supermarket all the time and have been known to be generally meaner to people with dumb hats :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Was Timothy Treadwell in a national park or just wilderness?

Katmai National Park

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

are you both referring to the same book here? also kingsolver is a :rock: last name

definitely not the same reference

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Pick posted:

actually i judge the outfits of people i see at the supermarket all the time and have been known to be generally meaner to people with dumb hats :(

wow, rude.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I made fun of a lady yesterday who was wearing a blue Santa hat with an old, short waisted fur coat. She was an old lady so I think she was in that delightful stage of adulthood of not giving a gently caress.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
santa hats that are not red sound like a physical impossibility

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Is American horror story asylum good?

Fever won't go down but it's not real high so ehhh Gatorade Netflix elderberry

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Torka posted:

wow, rude.

not as rude as wearing a beret

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

What is it with half the people in this thread working in chemistry labs? I don't know anyone who works in a chemistry lab

a lot of women in the natural sciences, i've noticed. it's kind of cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
We've kind of passed the topic now but a few weeks ago one of my coworkers took time off work to go get a dent taken out of his car. He went to a professional and paid money to have this done. He didn't even have a nice fancy car that got lovingly turtle-waxed every weekend, just a normal car. I love my car, but I'm in it for an hour each day. I'm in my body all the time. This is what I will be thinking of next time a dude expresses shock over people paying money for nail polish.

I only started wearing nail polish a few months ago and now only wear it on my toes, but it's nice. Right now they are ocean-floor blue-green and sparkly.

• Locked thread