Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

What is it with half the people in this thread working in chemistry labs? I don't know anyone who works in a chemistry lab

you get a lot of time on the internet when you're in a lab 'cause a lot of poo poo has to run with you just sitting there holding your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Is American horror story asylum good?

Fever won't go down but it's not real high so ehhh Gatorade Netflix elderberry

the first one was alright so i would assume that asylum would be alright too

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

oh hey labchat

i work in a lab too but it's breeding lab rats which is kind of soul crushing and i hate it :smith:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
get out of here livingtrope

GBS is infested with spiders of the ghost kind ill protect you ladies

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
well if they crawl up my arm past my knuckles we're screwed

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Pick posted:

actually i judge the outfits of people i see at the supermarket all the time and have been known to be generally meaner to people with dumb hats :(

Yeah, it's different than just wearing a shirt and pants. You have to wear those in public. It's a thing you've added to your head/neck because you think it is somehow important or looks good. Knit hats in winter don't quite count in this anxiety.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mixoux posted:

oh hey labchat

i work in a lab too but it's breeding lab rats which is kind of soul crushing and i hate it :smith:

I have been to the labs where those rats go. :smith:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mixoux posted:

oh hey labchat

had an ex that helped run lab trials on rats. the stories made me sad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Putty posted:

get out of here livingtrope

GBS is infested with spiders of the ghost kind ill protect you ladies

da fuq

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

are lab rats used for different things than lab mice

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
sup babes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

you must look outside of nite crew and see the rawdog spiders outside

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Torka posted:

are lab rats used for different things than lab mice

I knew someone who worked in a neurology lab who had "spine breaking days" for the rats that were entering the experiment. Crack-crack-crack-crack. (spoilered for sadness)

It's necessary work but it is a major bummer. I also knew a girl who intended to smuggle a rat out as a pet after her lab's experiment was over, but the rat bit her that morning and so she didn't. Poor rat, you were so close :(.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Putty posted:

you must look outside of nite crew and see the rawdog spiders outside

ohkay

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Is American horror story asylum good?

Fever won't go down but it's not real high so ehhh Gatorade Netflix elderberry

ya you should watch it jessica lange is gr8

also watch coven, even though i am getting progressively pissier with it for misrepresenting marie laveau and her voodoo

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Pick posted:

I knew someone who worked in a neurology lab who had "spine breaking days" for the rats that were entering the experiment. Crack-crack-crack-crack. (spoilered for sadness)

It's necessary work but it is a major bummer. I also knew a girl who intended to smuggle a rat out as a pet after her lab's experiment was over, but the rat bit her that morning and so she didn't. Poor rat, you were so close :(.

I knew a guy who had a rescued lab cat, the poor thing was so broken. It was like he wanted really badly to be a cat, but didn't quite know how

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

everyone working with lab rats always hate it :( or love it and are kinda scary

speaking of scary, how scary are the horror story tv shows? they look interesting but if they have like rear end in a top hat surprise scares then I won't watch it

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I really kind of hated the first season, it was just cheesy and bad, although Jessica Lange was great. I definitely plan on watching the second, I hear it's much better

No jump scares, to answer your question, just annoyingly poor taste

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
coven isnt scary at all, it's loving camp. there's a lot of sexual violence though :(

asylum i wouldnt call necessarily scary. there are about three things i remember that make me jump and i'm a wuss. the biggest horror element in seasons 1 and 2 are existential imo

murder house creeped me the hell out though, it took me two tries to get through the cold open in the pilot but after that i was cool. i'm petrified of ghosts though, and murder house is about ghosts, so that's probably why

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
ooh, tv. can people give me recommendations? i don't have a tv so i can't like channel surf but i can download etc. i watch glee and grey's anatomy. i generally like medical shows so i tried watching nurse jackie and hart of dixie and i didn't like either of them and hart of dixie i actually got really upset about because for the first few episodes she's this cool doctor doing cool doctor stuff and then it degenerates into p much beverley hills 90210 set in the south. very disappointing. so with this wealth of information i have provided can anyone suggest shows i might like? strong female characters are pretty important i think.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
my lab experience is pretty boring
mix halloysite+some chemical for 6 hours then put it in a vacuum for 2 days then let it settle for 12 hours then put it in a tga for 2+ hours

yeah i have a lot of downtime :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

toe knee hand posted:

ooh, tv. can people give me recommendations? i don't have a tv so i can't like channel surf but i can download etc. i watch glee and grey's anatomy. i generally like medical shows so i tried watching nurse jackie and hart of dixie and i didn't like either of them and hart of dixie i actually got really upset about because for the first few episodes she's this cool doctor doing cool doctor stuff and then it degenerates into p much beverley hills 90210 set in the south. very disappointing. so with this wealth of information i have provided can anyone suggest shows i might like? strong female characters are pretty important i think.

You'd probably enjoy Doc Martin and any number of other British shows

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Crow Jane posted:

You'd probably enjoy Doc Martin and any number of other British shows

i don't like classism and i lived in england for two years so i know how classist it is but with that in mind are there others you think i might like?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I wish people didn't hate rats so much. They can make for great pets when docile, and they are actually cute.

I remember in middle school our science teacher had a rat that let you pet it's belly :3: .

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

my guilty pleasure is the tv show bones, it's so fake and full of magical computers but i like watching the lead doctor lady grow up a little

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Vicar of Dibley, AbFab and Prime Suspect spring to mind. Even though there are certainly classist elements to it, Downton Abbey actually is really good and worth a watch as well

And I do enjoy Sherlock, but I don't have a tumblr about it

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
this has nothing to do with medicine but my favourite girly show is gilmore girls :3: sometimes it can get problematic (that stupid loving housewive episode where rory wears the peach dress, urgh) but i love it. the lady who wrote and created it did another show called bunheads which owns and is about small town ballerinas, but it got cance3lled after the first season

i dont really know abiout american shows except scrubs, which is a sitcom set in a hospital, but bodies is a really good british drama. call the midwife is awesome.

also six feet under is one of the best shows ever, but it's about funeral directors not doctors :shrug:

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Wicker Man posted:

I wish people didn't hate rats so much. They can make for great pets when docile, and they are actually cute.

I remember in middle school our science teacher had a rat that let you pet it's belly :3: .

Yes! rats are very intelligent and amazing pets, and very sociable

I mean just look at em :3:

Fruity Gordo posted:

i dont really know abiout american shows except scrubs, which is a sitcom set in a hospital, but bodies is a really good british drama. call the midwife is awesome.

scrubs owns bones (not the tv show but that one is ok too i guess), i've watched every episode so many times now

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

scrubs was great in the first 4-5 seasons or something, the last season with the new kids was pretty lame though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"My Screw Up" :qq:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Rats don't have very long lives which is a tough one with pets :(

Male rats have huge balls which is hilarious

Carecat fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 17, 2013

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Crow Jane posted:

The Vicar of Dibley, AbFab and Prime Suspect spring to mind. Even though there are certainly classist elements to it, Downton Abbey actually is really good and worth a watch as well

And I do enjoy Sherlock, but I don't have a tumblr about it

i saw a couple episodes of downton abbey and 100% don't understand the appeal of it. oh now we are really privileged but our poo poo is falling apart and we're too dumb to do anything about it. uh okay. i'll check out the others.

Donkay NOoo posted:

my guilty pleasure is the tv show bones, it's so fake and full of magical computers but i like watching the lead doctor lady grow up a little

will check this out

Fruity Gordo posted:

this has nothing to do with medicine but my favourite girly show is gilmore girls :3: sometimes it can get problematic (that stupid loving housewive episode where rory wears the peach dress, urgh) but i love it. the lady who wrote and created it did another show called bunheads which owns and is about small town ballerinas, but it got cance3lled after the first season

also six feet under is one of the best shows ever, but it's about funeral directors not doctors :shrug:

yea doesn't have to be medical, glee isn't medical and i like it. i like sci fi too if that helps.

i have watched a few episodes of scrubs and they were entertaining but it didn't grab me and make me want to watch more.

i'm hesitant about gilmore girls. maybe too girly. but i'll watch an episode and see what i think.

six feet under sounds cool, i'll check that out.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Scrubs is good, but I'm not a fan of the sad generic folk music fade-outs in every other episode. Lots of shows do this, and it nearly always annoys the hell out of me

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
IF YOU LIKE SCI FI WATCH THE X FILES IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE X FILES PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO ASK ME :twisted:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Fruity Gordo posted:

IF YOU LIKE SCI FI WATCH THE X FILES IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE X FILES PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO ASK ME :twisted:

i grew up in vancouver so i watched the x files cuz everyone did because places we knew were featured all the time and that was cool but... i didn't really like it. i'm sorry.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I can probably answer whatever questions she can't, at least for the monster-of-the-week episodes in the good seasons

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

toe knee hand posted:

i grew up in vancouver so i watched the x files cuz everyone did because places we knew were featured all the time and that was cool but... i didn't really like it. i'm sorry.

i really liked dark angel though

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Have you given Mad Men a try?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Crow Jane posted:

Have you given Mad Men a try?

is there any chance i would like it? i get the impression it's a bit anti-feminist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

toe knee hand posted:

also it was kinda too scary i don't like scary things

• Locked thread