Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jedit posted:

Starring Misty Mundae, what a surprise.

She had to be the star. Or else you couldn't have any gorillas in the Mist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Boo this man.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I know Tetsuo chat was about 6 pages back, but I got around to watching it thanks to this thread, and holy shitballs, that was a loving masterpiece. Even if it was brutally unpleasant to actually watch.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Beauty.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.

BonoMan posted:

Trailer looks great, but I think they went a little too far with the helix shape there. I mean it may just be the way those missiles fire in the movie, but it really seems like they're just trying to cram some half assed easter egg down our throat.
Evolution pretty much comes down to "live, die, repeat", so I can get behind the DNA imagery.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mustach posted:

Evolution pretty much comes down to "live, die, repeat", so I can get behind the DNA imagery.

Nothing wrong with DNA imagery. Just that I count 9 uses of it on that poster. Design wise that goes from "subtle symbolism" straight to "banging you over the head with it."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Look what got hung up in my room while I was out of the house for college!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

That vocoder in the music is fantastic. Whichever parties were responsible for scoring that trailer did a fantastic job.

Isn't it the same artist from the guy who had the music in the Battle: Los Angeles trailer?

From 1:48 onwards in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKYA07KBuQ

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I, Butthole posted:

Isn't it the same artist from the guy who had the music in the Battle: Los Angeles trailer?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this as well. It does sound like Johann Johannson's "Sun's Gone Dim And The Sky's Black".

Edit: Actually, it looks like that's a new song by Johnny Mcdaid of Snow Patrol. It was specifically made for the trailer it seems.

It's "This Is Not The End" by Fieldwork, Johnny Mcdaid is the altered voice on the song.

BTW, looking at that still from the video, age is really starting to show on Cruise. He no longer looks perpetually thirty, he looks absolutely weatherbeaten in that shot.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 14, 2013

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mustach posted:

Speaking as a biology major, there's a "gently caress" somewhere in there.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Corek posted:

Speaking as a non-biology major, many species don't gently caress.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They're just telling you that to let you down easy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mr. Flunchy posted:

They're just telling you that to let you down easy.
Bug chaser.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's inefficient because DNA doesn't recombine. :colbert:

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.

Corek posted:

File under "live".

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Look what got hung up in my room while I was out of the house for college!

Frames touching?

Throw out that wall and start over.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Young Freud posted:

BTW, looking at that still from the video, age is really starting to show on Cruise. He no longer looks perpetually thirty, he looks absolutely weatherbeaten in that shot.

He looks like a really tired Tom Cruise. Maybe he should cut down on the running.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

sassassin posted:

Frames touching?

Throw out that wall and start over.

Good thing our house renovations are going to be done by February. I basically will be.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

davidspackage posted:

He looks like a really tired Tom Cruise. Maybe he should cut down on the running.

gently caress no. Tom Cruise running like a madman in every movie is too awesome to ask him to stop. Look at him wearing all that poo poo and STILL booking it. Tom Cruise rules.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mustach posted:

File under "live".

Then I must be dead.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I can't get it to upload to Imgur, but there is a new poster for Grudge Match that is some photoshop magic.

Apologies to kiimo and his team, but I am laughing hysterically over here.

Edit: Here's the link. http://www.impawards.com/2013/posters/grudge_match_ver7_xlg.jpg

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I can't get it to upload to Imgur, but there is a new poster for Grudge Match that is some photoshop magic.

Edit: Here's the link. http://www.impawards.com/2013/posters/grudge_match_ver7_xlg.jpg

I had no idea Bryan Cranston was in that movie.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Sheldrake posted:

I had no idea Bryan Cranston was in that movie.

I know, right? I'd totally see a movie starring Bryan Cranston and the Spitting Image puppet of Sylvester Stallone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Am I the only one who thinks Robert DeNiro looks like Robin Williams in this poster?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rirse posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Robert DeNiro looks like Robin Williams in this poster?
Some horrifying Williams/Cranston hybrid

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Danish film critics imitate Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac poster for the Bodil Awards.

:nws: And it's hilarious. :nws:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

Danish film critics imitate Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac poster for the Bodil Awards.

:nws: And it's hilarious. :nws:

Whoa, they have a Harry Knowles in Denmark too. He probably writes better, though. The critics from Ekstra Bladet and Filmselskabet look like they are having a difficult time doing number 1 and number 2 respectively.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know, right? I'd totally see a movie starring Bryan Cranston and the Spitting Image puppet of Sylvester Stallone.

Ugh. Don't get me started. The idea was an old-timey fight poster. The Grudge Match print campaign is an abortion.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

kiimo posted:

Ugh. Don't get me started. The idea was an old-timey fight poster. The Grudge Match print campaign is an abortion.

You can absolutely tell that's what you guys were going for... but yeesh. We have a big banner for it hanging in our theater and it's just... awful.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Why did they change the original!? Ugh.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

:swoon:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

This is something I would want to see in person before I bought it, at that size Morgoth/Sauron/the Witch-King's proportions look off.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It's really hard to separate his head from the mountain behind it, since they're the exact same colour! Like, hello, here is my super long head with a dragon perched on it, how are you today?

It's still pretty cool though.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I like it. Where is it from?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

I like it. Where is it from?

Mondo, on sale tomorrow
http://e2.ma/webview/lvzbf/356400f636885efe00bf32935986d975

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

265 posters going on sale at a random time. I won't even be able to get back to a computer before they sell out.

Terry Grunthouse
Apr 9, 2007

I AM GOING TO EAT YOU LOOK MY TEETH ARE REALLY GOOD EATERS
oh, it's mondo? nevermind...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Terry Grunthouse posted:

oh, it's mondo? nevermind...

Haha, I know you're joking but I love the perceived stigma now on mondo. That poster rules and the only way it can rule harder is if they did a acid trip blacklight version of it (that wasn't limited to a run of 25 that only John Mondo and his reseller sons have first dibs to).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ruddiger posted:

Haha, I know you're joking but I love the perceived stigma now on mondo. That poster rules and the only way it can rule harder is if they did a acid trip blacklight version of it (that wasn't limited to a run of 25 that only John Mondo and his reseller sons have first dibs to).

Terry might also be saying "nevermind" as in, "I don't want to bother trying to get the poster or later buying it on resale"