Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Check the external box and see if how badly it's been tampered with.

e: Mine arrived today! I feel like I got my money's worth already, but I still have a second wave shipment coming. This was a good Kickstarter.

moths fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This is terrible.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/d20e/kodt-live-action-series

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

I physically cringed when the page loaded. Then I saw that it already raised 16K.

I feel ill.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The worst thing is that they look so much like those gross caricatures.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well. Um.

To be fair it would be hard to make Knights of the Dinner Table worse, I guess?
And I guess they'd only need one set, one filming angle, and one camera.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Aw man. The comic has a certain charm, plus it's the last physical RPG gaming magazine.

But they put the two least-appealing characters in that scene for the Kickstarter video, and it was just kind of weird and embarrassing.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

$200,000 - "Because I'm the GM": A free MP3 of B.A. saying "Because I'm the GM" for a phone ringtone, or any other thing you can use an MP3 for.

Apologies to these people who I'm sure are trying, but this is the saddest "big round number" stretch goal I've ever seen. If these are something people want, at least make it a collection of sound clips or something.

Germ
May 7, 2013

*shrug* I've always gotten a kick out of KotDT. I don't read it regularly and I don't really feel one way or another about them doing a film/web-series/whatever, but I remember enjoying reading it in the past.Actors look spot-on for the characters, though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

moths posted:

But they put the two least-appealing characters in that scene for the Kickstarter video, and it was just kind of weird and embarrassing.
Yeah, they had the right (terrifying) look, but the acting was ... It was ....

Really, the lesson is to put your best foot forward for a pitch. Don't do ... whatever that is that they did right there.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I'd only want to see a "live action" KotDT if they used photographs and poorly photoshopped the heads turning on unmoving bodies with Clutch Cargo style mouth movements.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
The best part are the stretch goals, the vast majority of which are a series of mp3s of characters reciting such memorable catchphrases as 'I waste him with my crossbow', 'because i'm the GM' and 'animals', supposedly for phone ringtones.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

moths posted:

I can see why it's be easier to do a scene with just two characters, but if they really want a feel for what the series would be like they really should have shot something with all the Knights during a session.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

quote:

Help the Knights of the Dinner Table Movie a reality!

Big bold text, no editing. Definitely a harbinger of the quality to be expected from a KotDT movie/series/whatever, clearly conceived-of, acted by, and made by absolutely nobody with any filmmaking or acting experience whatsoever.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Big bold text, no editing. Definitely a harbinger of the quality to be expected from a KotDT movie/series/whatever, clearly conceived-of, acted by, and made by absolutely nobody with any filmmaking or acting experience whatsoever.

I'll just stick to these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFODJ6nKpY

I'd give Andrew Babb money.

Edit: Would have been happier if KenzerCo didn't tell him to stop.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I'm doing a writeup on my miniatures blog about miniatures and all associated fripperies that have been successful on kick starter. I know a number of goons have done some but I can't find all of them. If anyone wants theirs included just send me a PM and I'll check it out. I only get a moderate amount of traffic but I like including goon stuff when I can.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

moths posted:

Aw man. The comic has a certain charm, plus it's the last physical RPG gaming magazine.

Really, it's not like I've never cracked a smile at KotDT, but at the same time it always struck me as the kind of vitriolic nerd-hating stuff that only nerds themselves really dish out. I'm sure Blackburn doesn't see it that way, but that's the way it always felt to me. Mind, The Rifter is still being published like clockwork, so there's another dinosaur magazine still loose in the wild. (And The Rifter has hosted KotDT, to bring this full circle.)

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 17, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's a lot of self-loathing, but there are also a lot off strong positive character moments. I'd been a long time reader until recently, and feel that it has the potential to make a genuinely good web series - but not as a costumed live-reading. Reading lines at each other is junior grade staging at its worst.

I'd really like to see the rest of the cast in action, though. I don't know how they found people in real life who actually look like them.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hey, Kickstarters:

I'm planning to launch a Kickstarter in February, but on advice from friends I'm going to try and launch it with a US friend - I'm in Australia and apparently Kickstarters that aren't in USD do worse.

I can arrange that, but I have no idea how Kickstarter works in this case. Does the money have to go into a US account, and my pal has to either Paypal me the money or handle the money and hopefully not steal it? Can I just run it in USD and dump the money in my Australian bank account so I can manage my own finances? Kickstarters, how do they work :psyduck:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ettin posted:

Hey, Kickstarters:

I'm planning to launch a Kickstarter in February, but on advice from friends I'm going to try and launch it with a US friend - I'm in Australia and apparently Kickstarters that aren't in USD do worse.

I can arrange that, but I have no idea how Kickstarter works in this case. Does the money have to go into a US account, and my pal has to either Paypal me the money or handle the money and hopefully not steal it? Can I just run it in USD and dump the money in my Australian bank account so I can manage my own finances? Kickstarters, how do they work :psyduck:

Kickstarter works by funneling your money into an Amazon Payments account. As long as you own the Payments account the money is going to, you will have control of the funds. From that account, you can funnel your money to paypal, or your Australian Bank Account, or wherever.

I have no idea if Amazon or Kickstarter have policies in place about doing business internationally, though. That would be something to check with them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

At some point in there you need someone with a US social security number, which is why all the old US based fronts for internationals.

Also you need to be wary of tax, I recall a project that got slapped with an enormous tax bill because they earned too much, incorrectly declared or transferred the money the wrong way or some such, and it nearly killed the project.

It's something that needs serious investigation, and contact with a lawyer/accountant.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Also you need to be wary of tax, I recall a project that got slapped with an enormous tax bill because they earned too much, incorrectly declared or transferred the money the wrong way or some such, and it nearly killed the project.

It's something that needs serious investigation, and contact with a lawyer/accountant.

The idiot in question treated the money from kickstarter as if it were income. That was definitely wrong and dumb. That said, Ettin if your kickstarter has the potential to bring in any significant amount of money (let's say, anything at or above $10k?) you really should discuss your business plans with both an accountant and a lawyer.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
To be increasingly clear, the person in question was the intermediary for the international operator of the kickstarter, and claimed the money he was transferring as personal income.

Which is seriously about the dumbest thing you could do with a kickstarter warchest that doesn't involve posting your account password on 4chan. Hookers and blow would have been a smarter and more fulfilling move.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
There is an Indiegogo campaign for a free virtual convention I found recently. I wouldn't normally post up crowdfunding for a convention except I had to jump on board with this one's mission. ConTessa is in its 2nd year and it is looking to drum up more interest. All of the events, sessions and games are run by female organizers and GM's. It would be good to follow if not attend even if you don't think it is worth giving any money to.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/contessa-2014/x/1652325

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
To everyone who backed Accursed at the 10 dollar level, a coupon for the digital copy of the game just went out. Redeemable through drivethrurpg.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Beat me to it. I came to say that Accursed is finally ready for prime time and is available for purchase as we speak. Thanks to everyone who backed us. I'm really proud to have been involved with this project.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

War & Empire has 11 hours to go and hit all the stretch goals it's going to have, for anyone into ancient historical minis

Frontline Gaming & Tablewar Game Mats is into the last 3 days and only $5k short of space themed mats, though they have pretty expensive shipping that they just haven't been able to do anything about.

G&G Battle Boards has a bit longer to go, finishing Xmas Day (strange day to end it if you want a last day boost), but needs $4k, $12k and $20k to unlock the 6th tiles for the last 3 board themes.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Forgot you post here.

Also, if you're interested in Ryuutama, you can still contribute and prepurchase the game despite the fact the kickstarter is over. Click the link for more details.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
The Pandante Kickstarter is in its final TWO HOURS!

Trump (of Hearthstone and Starcraft fame) is live-streaming it:

Try the game here: https://pandante.neocities.org

(I scrambled like hell to get that site together at the last minute. It's literally my first web app ever!)

But don't forget to pledge before it's too late!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just had an Ogre box come to me at work.

It's gigantic and 27 pounds. I took a picture of it that I'll upload later.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Did they make any money at all on that kickstarter? The shipping alone must have been monstrous.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think that they barely broke even, but they were up front that this was Steve's baby and he just wanted to get it made out of love.

Be careful when you download Accursed,I got my two Accursed codes and entering one erased the other. I tried continuing to the next step to see if it fixed at checkout, but the "next step" was billing my credit card :10bux:.

It'll probably work if you do it as two transactions, but loving Hell drivethru. This is absolutely going to gently caress up the associated PoD deal, isn't it?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

NTRabbit posted:

War & Empire has 11 hours to go and hit all the stretch goals it's going to have, for anyone into ancient historical minis

Frontline Gaming & Tablewar Game Mats is into the last 3 days and only $5k short of space themed mats, though they have pretty expensive shipping that they just haven't been able to do anything about.

G&G Battle Boards has a bit longer to go, finishing Xmas Day (strange day to end it if you want a last day boost), but needs $4k, $12k and $20k to unlock the 6th tiles for the last 3 board themes.

Whoa thanks for this post. After giving it some thought, I dropped my battleboards pledge and bought 2 of the frontline megamousepads instead. I figure it's all flat anyway, might as well get the one that rolls up.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

moths posted:

I think that they barely broke even, but they were up front that this was Steve's baby and he just wanted to get it made out of love.

Be careful when you download Accursed,I got my two Accursed codes and entering one erased the other. I tried continuing to the next step to see if it fixed at checkout, but the "next step" was billing my credit card :10bux:.

It'll probably work if you do it as two transactions, but loving Hell drivethru. This is absolutely going to gently caress up the associated PoD deal, isn't it?

Accursed just sent out another update letting people know that you can only use just one coupon per transaction.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

signalnoise posted:

Whoa thanks for this post. After giving it some thought, I dropped my battleboards pledge and bought 2 of the frontline megamousepads instead. I figure it's all flat anyway, might as well get the one that rolls up.

After posting that update I noticed one of the rare early bird twin packs for G&G had suddenly become available, and sat available while I was typing. Snapped it up just in time, saved 21 pounds :v:

My problem with the giant mouse mats is that, while they're awesome, it's also $40 shipping per pad to get them down here with no bulk discount, which puts a massive dent in wanting to pledge for more than one, despite interest in 2 or 3 of them.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Yeah shipping is a real bitch on kickstarter. I was really impressed by G&G's shipping preferences.

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

My problem with the giant mouse mats is that, while they're awesome, it's also $40 shipping per pad to get them down here with no bulk discount, which puts a massive dent in wanting to pledge for more than one, despite interest in 2 or 3 of them.

That is the real stinger. I've just started getting into Warmachine/Hordes (my first wargame) and want to build a table for it, so I'd like some sort of mat. It was either this or mats from Zuzzy and since shipping from Zuzzy to Aus is the cost of the item again, the choice was easy.

I'd love to pick up another mat or 2 for some variety, but with conversion rates it works out to about AU$100 each. Ah well, money not spent can go towards terrain.

FIGHTING-MAN
Sep 24, 2012

Covok posted:

Forgot you post here.

Also, if you're interested in Ryuutama, you can still contribute and prepurchase the game despite the fact the kickstarter is over. Click the link for more details.

Oh wow, thanks for posting the Ryuutama info! Christmas heartache SOLVED. Was hoping this was going to happen, and now I'm just glad I don't have to worry about missing it a second time.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
So I was a backer of Busty Barbarian Bimbos early this year I backed at one of the limited levels so I could get inserted into the rulebook after sending in a photo of myself. They're sending out the books now and have made the PDFs available for download so I quickly went and found myself.

(Sion already made the 'which one are you' joke)

I'm nowhere near that cup size, but they even added my parasol. Worth it.

Still waiting on my copies so I can play with friends but happy I backed this one.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Busty Barbarian Bimbos

All I know is that has gotta rank up there with Panty Explosion Perfect in the annals of ill-advised RPG titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I remember the guy who ran it was pretty chill about the rpgnet thread on it being closed for being a big ol' can of worms.

• Locked thread