Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

iNteg posted:

Created a toon on Uthgard to break up the monotony when I couldn't find a group in Project 1999 EQ, does anyone from the thread still play on Uthgard? I'm in as Awwyiss a level 7 ranger.

I still play, and Kazvall, as well. Not sure about anyone else. Neither of us play Hib that I'm aware of.
Stealthers are pretty rough to get a start with on this server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, not going with a raid character first might be rough. On the other hand, Rangers get self buffs and are pretty awesome.

Angry also plays in my guild.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Yeah I'm usually around soloing. If you need a start when I'm on I can supply potions and some buffs since I'm mostly alt tabbed anyway.

edit: in Alb, ofc

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 21, 2013

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone playing on Uthgard still? Kind of a long time since the last post.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I still log in from time to time, but not enough to be considered actually "playing".
It's a bit too hard to break in to level 50 RvR (outside of zerg events, or rarely a relic raid).
The vast majority of the RvRing population are rr7+, with most sitting between rr10-12. Thidranki can be tons of fun here, though. (It's level 45-49, instead of the old 20-24.)
Population also takes a huge dip in NA prime time. Plenty of people PvEing during that time, but jack in RvR.

whyidontplaymuch.txt

edit: Just took a gander at the news. Thidranki is no more. Highest battleground will be level 42, with a RR cap of 3L0, instead of 4L2 for old Thidranki.
I'm now firmly in the boat that the developers of this server really don't understand what it's problems are.

PriNGLeS fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 17, 2013

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
That blows :(

Really wanted to play over winter break but from what I've been reading it just sounds like a grindfest.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Well, this era of daoc is definitely a grind fest, no matter how the end game is. But don't let me dissuade you, the low level bgs are extremely fun, and if you play during euro prime and na/eu overlap times their can definitely be good action. Especially if you're doing it for nostalgia purposes.

ilmmaf
Jul 31, 2006

the softest slur
I play on live servers and keep up 8 active accounts with a friend. Anyone wants to play again or whatever let me know and I will help.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I still play from time to time. RvR in Albion is kind of a joke. If you plan to roll Alb it's all about the stealth/small man. Don't roll a Minstrel if you want to 8man. Just don't do it. Goons are welcome to hit me up on Steam as Kazvall if you need help, or a guild. You probably won't find me in game at random.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah, all the albs I ever ran in to on my zerk were high rr pugs, talking all rr10+, or guild groups. I swear alb has probably 45 rr11 clerics that rvr regularly.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

They are re-doing frontier layouts again, looks like some interesting changes.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

madpanda posted:

They are re-doing frontier layouts again, looks like some interesting changes.

On live servers?

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Shux posted:

On live servers?

Yeah, on live: notes

I recently reactivated after a long hiatus. Anyone still playing live, or does Uthgard have the larger population?

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
How is the action in the frontier these days now that the kids are back in school?

Do we have any goon groups that run or a central mumble for us to meet in until unchained comes out?

I haven't played this game in quite some time but I think I have everything at 50 in Albion and maybe some lower level stuff in mid guard and Hibernia.

Loved this game back in my college days.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Kazvall posted:

I still play from time to time. RvR in Albion is kind of a joke. If you plan to roll Alb it's all about the stealth/small man. Don't roll a Minstrel if you want to 8man. Just don't do it. Goons are welcome to hit me up on Steam as Kazvall if you need help, or a guild. You probably won't find me in game at random.

What's wrong with minstrels for 8v8? I seem to remember that there are almost too many at this point but if your competent you should have no issue. I would also suggest making sure to have both an 8v8 as well as a stealth suit so it opens up your options a bit more. With the changes to epic armor you should be able to set something up fairly easily.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Twlight posted:

What's wrong with minstrels for 8v8? I seem to remember that there are almost too many at this point but if your competent you should have no issue. I would also suggest making sure to have both an 8v8 as well as a stealth suit so it opens up your options a bit more. With the changes to epic armor you should be able to set something up fairly easily.

He was talking about on Uthgard, not live.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

PriNGLeS posted:

He was talking about on Uthgard, not live.

Oh I see! Carry on then :)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Anyone going to be trying this new Classic/SI freeshard? daoc-origins.net

I guess open beta ends today and after the server wipe everyone starts fresh on thursday. Let's make some mids?

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
I'm in, although I can't commit to anything past Thidranki with that old-school levelling rate.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Totally in if my connection to the server is stable. Randomly lagging out on Uthgard really killed it for me.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Kazvall posted:

I guess open beta ends today and after the server wipe everyone starts fresh on thursday. Let's make some mids?

I have a mumble up if you guys need a home, possibly throw up a dedicated if you get enough rolling.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I goofed around on it a bit, and I know a lot of people from Myth (uthgard guild if you dont remember) are rolling there, last I heard. A lot of poo poo was full on broken. They must of been working pretty hard to get so much fixed in 2 months. I submitted about 200 item bugs just from playing a few days. Mostly a lot of duplicate issues on different tiers of loot: Hats being pants, for example.

I'm not so sure it's in a good place with the re-focus of Eden. It went from standard rvr insta 50 clusterfuck, to level fast and old frontiers. It's been seeing a pretty sizeable population. And as of this very moment it's surpassed Uthgard. I've never seen Origins crest 50 players. I'll definitely give it a spin, though. I'm down for any realm. There is going to be a billion bonedancers.

Despite my negativity, I sure as hell hope it succeeds, an even playing field on a classic/si shard will be so loving nice. gently caress rr11s forever.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I goofed around on it a bit, and I know a lot of people from Myth (uthgard guild if you dont remember) are rolling there, last I heard. A lot of poo poo was full on broken. They must of been working pretty hard to get so much fixed in 2 months. I submitted about 200 item bugs just from playing a few days. Mostly a lot of duplicate issues on different tiers of loot: Hats being pants, for example.

I'm not so sure it's in a good place with the re-focus of Eden. It went from standard rvr insta 50 clusterfuck, to level fast and old frontiers. It's been seeing a pretty sizeable population. And as of this very moment it's surpassed Uthgard. I've never seen Origins crest 50 players. I'll definitely give it a spin, though. I'm down for any realm. There is going to be a billion bonedancers.

Despite my negativity, I sure as hell hope it succeeds, an even playing field on a classic/si shard will be so loving nice. gently caress rr11s forever.

I saw about 110 players on Origins for the closing of open beta. I'm not so interested in Eden. It's Darkness Falls for PvE(I believe non-pvp, you can cross-realm group) and only Emain/1-2 Battlegrounds for Pvp. Origins is a full classic server with SI. I have high hopes it turns out alright. Starting fresh on a new server could be a lot of fun. Especially since it's OF/Old RA's/1.62 patch, including necromancers and real bonedancers. I plan to play a Shadowblade and a Shaman.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I saw about 110 players on Origins for the closing of open beta. I'm not so interested in Eden. It's Darkness Falls for PvE(I believe non-pvp, you can cross-realm group) and only Emain/1-2 Battlegrounds for Pvp. Origins is a full classic server with SI. I have high hopes it turns out alright. Starting fresh on a new server could be a lot of fun. Especially since it's OF/Old RA's/1.62 patch, including necromancers and real bonedancers. I plan to play a Shadowblade and a Shaman.

Are they allowing dual-logging there? I'd kind of like to play Hib, to be honest. Mid is good too. Old RA's I'd probably play a heavy tank. 75% on det5 is awesome.

And yeah, I'm not interested in Eden, either. It's a cobbled together mess, still.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031206055110/www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
On further inspection, no buffbot, one account, one realm. So I'm going mid. Warrior most likely. Skald possible. Server goes live in 90 minutes. Gonna poopsock.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

On further inspection, no buffbot, one account, one realm. So I'm going mid. Warrior most likely. Skald possible. Server goes live in 90 minutes. Gonna poopsock.

gently caress you dude. I'm still at work. If anyone wants to use my mumble its mbl9.gameservers.com. Be on the mumble around 5pm est to see if anyone is on.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

gently caress you dude. I'm still at work. If anyone wants to use my mumble its mbl9.gameservers.com. Be on the mumble around 5pm est to see if anyone is on.

I'll chill out on there around that time. I'll make an alt and roll with you if you want to do that shaman or whatever. Definitely gonna main warrior.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
I'll throw a Mid on here when it opens for shits and giggles. Is this the fresh SI patch with crazy pre-nerf quad-hit savages?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Sintor posted:

I'll throw a Mid on here when it opens for shits and giggles. Is this the fresh SI patch with crazy pre-nerf quad-hit savages?

It's like 1.61 or 1.62 something like that. So yeah, savages should be loving nuts.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

The launcher self update just broke itself :(
Ill probably make a Skald or Runie and say hi when the time difference allows.

Its up, unleash the Mygga/Boobrie related humor!

Jessant fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 16, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jessant posted:

The launcher self update just broke itself :(
Ill probably make a Skald or Runie and say hi when the time difference allows.

Are you using the origins server launcher? Or daoc portal? Just use daoc portal.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can use daoc-portal to get onto the server as well. Just make sure you are updated properly. Also you need to make a game account.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

You can use daoc-portal to get onto the server as well. Just make sure you are updated properly. Also you need to make a game account.

Daoc portal will apply the origins patches and what not automatically now.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
50 people zerging mularn. poo poo is blowing up.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Yeah screw this launcher, constantly crashing making error popups in the background after I got connected.
I ran straight to aegirhamn and there are very few mobs, then too vasud and stuff is purple con, sad times. At least I didnt click that tempting port too gotar.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jessant posted:

Yeah screw this launcher, constantly crashing making error popups in the background after I got connected.
I ran straight to aegirhamn and there are very few mobs, then too vasud and stuff is purple con, sad times. At least I didnt click that tempting port too gotar.

I considered using it, but saw that their launcher was like 75mb, and said "lol wut" and didn't download it. It's useless. daocportal4lyfe

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
East Svea is empty as well, I completely forgot where the Aegir portal is though... sadness.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Sintor posted:

East Svea is empty as well, I completely forgot where the Aegir portal is though... sadness.

Mularn.

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
How in the hell do I use DaoC Portal, this is all new to a schmuck like me. Installed the client from the Origins site, but where do I create a username/pass to play with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Cnaiur posted:

How in the hell do I use DaoC Portal, this is all new to a schmuck like me. Installed the client from the Origins site, but where do I create a username/pass to play with?

Make a forums account on origins, go to "board index", create account button. Configure daoc portal to point to your client directory.

• Locked thread